09

I'm Yours

His alarm went off early in the morning as usual. With sleep still in his eyes, he grabbed his cellphone from his bedside and stopped the noise. Taking a minute more to his bed, thoughts of the recent happenings lingered in his mind. The constant teasing from his friends, the silent treatment between him and the newcomer and much to his dismay, his bothered feeling about it.

There were times he had that urge of just confronting her and say sorry for what he'd said, that he was just frustrated over the fact that he committed a mistake. Anyway, he wasn't a person who has so much pride to not at least say sorry. Nope, he certainly wasn't that kind of guy. He could appear a little cold but he still has a nice side, but it just won't appear in front of her. Sorry was a word he would say as soon as he knew he did something wrong so it shouldn't be a problem to tell her that. But every time, he just couldn't. Especially when he sees her with Yixing, then other several guys who was obviously hitting on her but it was either she was too oblivious or just a manwhore. Then all those guilt would be changed to hate.

He thought of what was to come, only to come to a conclusion that it'll just be the same cycle. It had been like that for days, weeks even, but unlike how he liked his life just being monotonous with nothing much happening to stir him off his priorities, he hated how things made a drastic turn of events.

All when she came.

Then his hate grew more, as if he wasn't just bothered just seconds ago about how his friends would give him the guilt-trip even if he'd had enough of it from the girl herself, with her silent treatment towards him the last few days, as if she was scared he'd burst at her that way he did outside the Music room, which was not far from happening; the boy still couldn't feel any positive feelings for her, lest neutral.

His head started to ache with so many thoughts as he closed his eyes again to clear his mind to open it again to a realization. He shot up his bed and peeked out his room, trying to detect the usual smell of breakfast his mom cooked. His eyebrows creased when he smelled something like eggs and sausages. Out of curiosity, he headed down the stairs and to the dining room connected to the kitchen. On the table, he found a plate of eggs, sausages and toasted bread.

"Did she make it...?" He thought. He stared at the finely made breakfast. Like on cue, his stomach growled but he shook his head in determination. "Nope. I'm not going ot eat anything she cooks. I don't even know if that's mine." He almost jumped when he heard footsteps and he turned to see Chaeyeon in the living room, prepping up for uni. She was already in her casual university clothes. Her damp hair let down in messy curls. As if noticing someone looking at her, she turned to meet eyes with the boy.

The contact didn't last for too long before Baekhyun blinked, getting back to his senses. Realizing what he did, he faked a cough before stalking towards her direction, meaning to just walk past her, but as he got closer, he could feel something weird brewing in his stomach, as if he was waiting for something, and he doesn't even know what. Is he waiting for her to greet him like usual? Or he just wanted to bark at her again?

"The latters better," he muttered to himself, shaking his head a little, putting the ball of his palm to her head as he walked past him and prepare for school.

Weirdly enough, the nagging feeling never left.

As Baekhyun walked up the stairs, Chaeyeon bit her lip, watching him go off and disappear of the corner. "Is he having headache?" She sighed, shrugging before turning back to the dining table and seeing the food untouched. With another sigh, she took another plate to cover the food and left it there.

"Stubborn as usual." She pursed her lips before she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. Pulling it out, she saw a message and opened it, feeling her heart stop a bit before she took a deep breath and sigh, replying to it quickly. She slipped it back in her pocket, and walked to the living room, grabbing her bag and leaving for school.

 

 

The bell has just rung when Baekhyun ran in, panting with sweat dropping on his forehead. The students who were already there turned there heads as the professor looked up from the podium to him. Taking a deep breath, he did a forty-five degree bow and did a greeting.

"Good morning, seonsaengnim."

"Ahuh, Byun Baekhyun. It's a surprise," his professor said with an unbelievable tone in his voice. Afterall, Byun Baekhyun is one of his star student and never did he come later than his professor. Baekhyun didn't say anything in return, just nodding his head a little. His eyes found Tao who had a smirk on his lips before his eyes travelled a little to his right to meet the eyes of the girl he least want to see. He averted his gaze immediately down to the floor. "Anyway, I'll let this slip since I haven't started yet. Go to your seat." With a short reply of yes, he walked over to his seat beside Tao.

"Whoah. You almost got strike one, bro."

"Shut up." Tao smirked to himself while Baekhyun got his book, noteboko and pen out. His professor soon began but he couldn't seem to concentrate as he paused on writing, his hold on the pen tightening.

"This is her fault." He grumbled under his breath while Tao gave him a weird look before shaking his head.

 

 

"Heard you were almost late ealier."

Baekhyun almost glared Jongdae who was munching on his sandwich as soon as he came. He settled down next to Minseok while Tao took the seat next to Jongdae. Surprisingly, Luhan wasn't around but he couldn't careless as he found it a great oppurtunity to get a little less teasings.

"Right. You haven't told me why," Tao asked, picking on his food. "Food in cafeteria gets really weird as days goes by."

"It's all about getting used to it," Minseok smirked while Tao scrunched up his nose before having a taste. He almost gagged and Minseok and Jongdae laughed at him. Having recovered, Minseok turned to Baekhyun who kept quiet but with a small smile tugging on his face from Tao's gag scene. "Going back."

Baekhyun's face turn to a scowl before he ate up the food on his tray, the taste not so bothering because he haven't had breakfast. 

"Baek?"

"It's because of..."

"Her?" Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Of course, who else would this guy be blaming for his misfortunes?" Tao muttered and Baekhyun threw him a glare while the other two smiled, nodding.

"Right."

Before he could even say anything, a shadow cast over them. They all turned to look up except for Baekhyun who wasn't interested, knowing who it was, seeing the shoes as he side-glanced to the floor but it wasn't until another pair of shoes stopped beside his that his eyes widened and he looked up. His heart was beating so fast he felt as if he had done something so tiring but he knew it was only from his shock.

The happy gasps on the table made him know that he was right in his conclusions. She was there. The newcomer. She was joining them, again.

"Chaeyeonnie!" The boys greeted in glee. 

"Hello, guys." Her soft but happy tone rang in his ears, and he doesn't even know whether to feel irritated or glad because she sounds alright to be there around him or neutral.

"I'm here too!" Another voice boomed and his head shot up, his eyebrows unconsciously narrowing. There stood Yixing, smiling brightly at them, standing beside Chaeyeon. He could feel a pair of eyes on him and he knew who it was without even looking but he knew why and he didn't give him that satisfaction. He wore a straight face before going to his food which he couldn't really digest right then.

"Yixing!" The three boys chimed in and Baekhyun wanted to stuff something to their mouths. They sounded like kids and it almost made him roll his eyes.

"Guys, I'm here too," Luhan said with a faint sound of hurt and the boys decided to play along by saying, "Oh, you are there." Making everyone laugh while Baekhyun, having his pride, stopped himself form doing so.

"Wait, you guys joining us?" Minseok asked and Chaeyeon turned to Luhan unsure while yixing was wearing a bright face.

"Luhan had invited us over and we thought why not. It's great having other people around, anyway," Yixing said and the guys nodded.

"Uhuh. It's okay with everybody...right?" Luhan's eyes scanned them, only for all of their eyes, except Chaeyeon who looked away uncomfortable, to be on the boy who kept his head down throughout of it, and he felt it. He knew he shouldn't act like how Luhan wanted him to so he looked up and shrugged.

"Sure. Why not."

It quite shocked all of them, except Luhan who smirked. Chaeyeon's eyes darted to him and their eyes met for a second before Luhan broke it. "Great. Why not we all take a seat now?" Luhan said and the three boys scooted over to give the other three spaces. Luhan took a seat beside Jongdae while Chaeyeon and Yixing sat side by side beside Jongdae while Tao transferred over to Baekhyun's side, making him move over to Minseok and he glared at Tao who stuck his tongue out on him.

The lunch went on. Baekhyun was listening to them since he didn't much have any choice since their voices were so loud. It was inevitable. He felt a gaze on him which he tried to ignore but soon, it irked him so he looked up only to meet eyes with the only girl on the table. Her expression was not too hard to read as it wore a little surprise, maybe when he looked, but also doubt and...worry? But why? The contact was cut as Yixing called for her attention, and he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

When he diverted his gaze, it landed on the other boy at the other end of the table who wore a smirk and he raised an eyebrow as if taunting him and Luhan shrugged mouthing a word that made Baekhyun hold his spoon tighter in his hand but he loosened his grip soon and smirked, mouthing, "I'm not. Don't know about you." He's not sure whether he understood it but he knew he did once he shrugged with a smirk. 

Jongdae, who noticed the exchange narrowed his eyebrows on them. "What are you two talking about?" All activities on the table stopped as they looked at Jongdae and then the two boys at question. Luhan and Baekhyun gave each other a look before Luhan smiled at the others and said, "I was just asking how his food tastes like because he keept on making weird faces. He looks ugly." Baekhyun's eyebrows scrunched on him. 

"Oh, he is ugly, no matter when," Tao commented earning a glare from Baekhyun while Tao cowered to Minseok's side. From his peripheral, he saw a faint smile taint on the only girl's face and instead feeling annoyed, he felt himself thinking about what Luhan said.

Was he jealous?

He looked up, and he found her eyes before his eyes went up to the boy beside her, Yixing and he discarded that thought immediately.

He isn't jealous. He won't be jealous. Because he isn't.

Or maybe that is what is just the best thing to think.


A/N: PLEASE READ.

Hi? Hello? 

I don't know whether I still have someone reading this. But I'll be really thankful if you are here. I know I've been not updating for so long and I won't try to explain. I'm just hoping you'll understand there are other things I have to do and think of. I'm thankful if you understand me but I'm not mad even if you might hate me now because I understand how lazy I could be even if I have time to update. But I promise you, I'll finish this no matter what. Thank you for continuing supporting me and reading this story. I don't know when my next update would be but I'll try to update as soon as I can. I love you guys!!! :)