016

I'm Yours

The wedding reception had just ended and guests had already one by one left the place, saying their greetings once again to the newly wed before going on their way. The Byun's were one of the few who had left a little later than the rest. They still had to go back to the Im's place to retrieve their things before they could leave, one reason why they had waited for that long.

They all stood by the hotel's lounge area as soon as all the guest had left, leaving only the two closest families behind. The newly wed will have another night stay at the hotel while the Im's will already go home.

"Thank you for coming again, Imo, Samchon," Yoona said, smiling sincerely at the two elderly who returned their smiles warmly. "Baekbeom too, thank you. You're still the best best friend," she grinned and Baekbeom rolled his eyes playfully. 

"You should refrain saying those things or your husband might punch me," Baekbeom said jokingly while everyone else laughed, including Yoona's husband.

Yoona's eyes lit up when it landed on the two teenagers standing just behind the elders and together with her brother. "Of course, Baekhyun and Chaeyeon! How can I forget," she said as she approached them and hugged them both, Baekhyun first then Chaeyeon. "Thank you, really. You saved my friends' butts," Yoona said with a soft chuckle and they both smiled.

"It's nothing, noona," Baekhyun said, smiling brightly. Yoona smiled, nodding.

"I'm really happy for you, unnie. I know we've not known each other for that long but I'm happy to be part of one of the most important days of your life," Chaeyeon said, eyes and lips smiling.

"Yes, of course, Chaeyeon. I really hope to see you again. Oh, actually, you two should come and visit again and we could do some night escapade again with you already, Baekhyun. But no alcohol, I've taken note of that," Yoona said, winking as Chaeyeon flushed red while the two boys, Baekbeom and Jaebum, chuckled and Baekhyun forced on a small smile.

"Noona's right. You should come back. Only you, not this Grumps," Jaebum said, and retreating before Baekhyun could hit him. 

"Don't worry. I'll make sure to come back and do you another make-over," Baekhyun grinned, making Jaebum's ear pink while the rest of them laughed.

"I haven't forgiven you for that yet, you jerk," Jaebum said, punching Baekhyun on the forearm playfully. 

"Okay kids. We already need to go. The Byun's still have a long journey back," Mr. Im said. With that, they bid their goodbyes to the newly wed and went home.

This time around, the elders and the youngsters separated in two cars. The adults were quite doubtful about it but after Jaebum's pursuation, they finally allowed it.

Baekbeom took the driver seat and before Baekhyun could take the back seat, Jaebum had pushed him to the side, occupying the seat beside Chaeyeon before closing the door. Baekhyun's eyes slightly widened before it narrowed. He let out a huff before taking the passenger's side. Baekbeom smirked at him when he got it and he just rolled his eyes, grumbling under his breath. 

As expected, the ride back wouldn't be peaceful at all. Baekhyun was at the edge of his wits, trying to tune out Jaebum's loud voice. Don't misunderstand him. Even if they seem hostile with each other, it was just how they really treat each other. They know better than to take it to the heart, although Jaebum knew that the Baekhyun he was with yesterday and today wasn't exactly the boy he used to know. He doesn't get why he'd changed but seeing how he still played a prank on him that morning, he knew that under those layers of ignorance was the boy he used to play with, to kid around with and sometimes, tell stories with.

Baekhyun did miss his friend but sometimes, Jaebum just gets too loud and it was driving him nuts. He knew he was the one who used to be so noisy and he was finally understanding how others are feeling around him before. Annoyed.

"Let's go visit Haeundae Beach when you come back! It'll be really fun," Jaebum exclaimed and Chaeyeon nodded.

"Let's do that," Chaeyeon said, forcing on a small smile because she herself doesn't know if they could really do that still, knowing that she wouldn't be staying with the Byun's forever but she still liked to think that someday, she could really come back--Busan was really a nice place and there's Jaebum and Yoona, her newly acquired friends. Baekhyun chose that time to look at the rear view mirror after hearing her answer and saw the smile she had pulled on and for some reason, he knew it was forced. He felt his breath hitch in his throat so he looked away, taking a deep breath.

 

It took them thirty minutes to get back to the Im residence and they immediately alight the car. The elders were already there and was loading the car they've arrived with with their things. Baekbeom, Baekhyun, and Chaeyeon excused themselves to go change to a more comfortable clothing when they came. In less than ten minutes since they arrived, they were already done with putting the things inside the car; the adults were only waiting for them. The driver of the Im was to drive them to the Busan station since they didn't bring any car going there.

"Thank you for coming and joining us for a whole week. You don't know how happy I am to have you all around," Mrs. Im said, smiling sincerely.

"No, we should be the one thanking you. We had such a great time. It was nice to get a day off from that busy city," Mrs. Byun said. They both hugged each other. The reason why they were so close is because the two women grew up together and since Mrs. Im didn't really have any siblings, she treated Mrs. Byun her sister, making even their kids close with each other as time went by. As the adults said their goodbyes, the young adults talked by the side.

"It was really nice to have you guys here. I mean it," Jaebum said, smiling brightly. He looked at Baekhyun who raised his eyebrows at him. With that Jaebum headlocked him.

"Y-Yah! Let go of me!" Baekhyun said, slapping him on the arm.

"And you jerk! Even if you were so grumpy to me, I still missed you." Jaebum knocked his head before letting him go. Baekhyun rubbed the spot he had hit and pouted while Jaebum smirked. "Oh c'mon, don't be a baby," Jaebum teased, making Baekhyun glare at him. He attacked him by locking him with his one arm while the other tickled him. 

"Ahhhhhhhh STOP IT AHAHAHAHA S-STOP IT PLEASE."

"Now who's the baby?" Chaeyeon watched them with a smile on her lips. She couldn't take her eyes off of Baekhyun though. She hadn't seen him laughing and smiling like this ever since she came to live with the Byun's and it was refreshing to see him so carefree like that. His smile is beautiful, she thought, he should smile more. 

"So you see him now?" A voice said snapping her out of her thoughts as she tilted her head to the side and saw Baekbeom. Her eyesbrows creased, thinking about what he meant.

"What do you mean I see him now?" She asked and Baekbeom smiled, shrugging.

"Whatever you think," he said. It made her more confused as she looked at Baekhyun again and saw him with his arm slung around Jaebum's shoulder who was pouting as he tried to catch his breath. He was still smiling and when Baekhyun suddenly turned to her direction, her eyes slightly widened in surprise before she looked away.

Baekhyun swallowed, fac flushing as he realized that Chaeyeon had just seen him doing what he did. He detached himself from Jaebum and cleared his throat, returning to that straight face he always seem to wear.

"Next time don't call me a baby or you'll receive worse," Baekhyun said and Jaebum rolled his eyes playfully, smirking.

"You're just embarrassed because she's around," Jaebum said. Baekhyun's eyes widened as he snapped his head towards him.

"What are you saying? Of course not. I don't--" He stopped himself before he could utter that sentence again. 

Jaebum smirked. "I thought you're smart. It doesn't seem like it to me," he said. Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at him.

"I never said I am smart and what's the relation of it with our topic?"

He shrugged. "I'm just saying you're not all that smart like I thought you'd be. They're right. A person could only be smart in one thing, and you, you're only smart at studying." He didn't want to be insulted by what he said, but he was and his jaw tightened. He opened his mouth to say something but his parents called for them already and Jaebum immediately left his side.

"I'll miss you, Chaeyeon. It's nice meeting you," Jaebum said, as he moved forward and hugged her, taking her by surprise but she still afforded to raise her hand to return the hug, although she felt stiff, her heart rapidly beating inside her chest. Baekhyun's eyes narrowed on them and Jaebum smirked knowingly before moving away and smiling brightly at her.

"Me too. It's nice meeting you. I had fun," Chaeyeon smiled and Jaebum gave her a curt nod.

"Let's go," Mr. Byun said as he got in the car. Chaeyeon smiled once more before she entered the car being held open by Baekhyun. The two boys looked into each others eyes, Jaebum with a smirk and Baekhyun with his infamous straight face.

"Don't wait 'til you regret, hyung. See ya." Jaebum waved and Baekhyun, not wanting for Jaebum to feel as if he had affected him, nodded and followed in the car.

They drove off, going back to reality.

 

It was past midnight when they arrived back at the Byun's place.

Baekhyun couldn't get a blink of sleep althroughout the train ride. He had sat with Chaeyeon just behind his parents and brother's seats. He really didn't have a choice when his brother took the seat opposite his parents and so, he was told to seat beside Chaeyeon as his brother insisted that he wanted the seat next to him free although he knew better than to believe that it was his really the reason.

He wasn't complaning or anything. He already got used having to sit beside her but he wasn't completely in the mood to have her around, especially after what Jaebum had just told him. He knew it had something to do with Chaeyeon. Everything seemed to be about her this days and he wasn't sure whether to get annoyed by that or not. He side glanced at her and found her leaning her head on the window. He bit the insides of his lower lip, frustrated of some sort. A weird feeling was building in the pit of his stomach, a feeling that felt pleasant and not at the same time.

He swallowed, shutting his eyes close. Hold yourself back. You cannot soften to her. You--

His eyes snapped open when he felt a weight on his shoulder, making him freeze in his position. He felt his heart jump in surprise as he tried to tilt his head. When he thought that she would lay her head there, she suddenly lifted her head up and leaned it back, as if trying to find a good angle to sleep with. He took a deep breath, trying to will himself from doing what his mind was telling him to do.

He let out a breath a second later as he peeked over her and knew that instant that she would received a stiff neck when she wakes up. He found himself staring at her longer though. For some reason, he couldn't help but watch her sleep. She was still wearing a little bit of make-up since they were hurrying up a while ago and was only able to change out of their wedding attires. Her face looked tired but at the same time peaceful. He felt his breath hitch in his throat as his eyes landed on the spot on her forehead where he had seen a scar. Her bangs were swept to the side so a part of the scar was peeking through although if you wouldn't pay attention, you wouldn't really notice there was even something at all. His hand reached up to touch it but stopped himself, for the second time, and instead, held the side of her head gently before pushing it carefully to his shoulder.

He doesn't know if it was the best thing to do, but at that moment, it felt right as memories of that Sunday night, his hand holding hers, her smile directed to him, replayed in his mind over and over like a broken recorder.

They went straight up to their rooms when they came, too tired to even say a good night. Baekhyun watched her enter her room. He shook his head, hoping to clear up his thoughts before he turned to his door and twisted it open. Before he could enter though, his brother called him.

"We still hadn't talked," Baekbeom said, standing a feet from him. 

Baekhyun sighed. "Can't this wait? I still have to wake up in four hours."

"Nope. I've already delayed it," he said with a shake of his head.

Baekhyun felt his heart beat fast as he understood what his brother was pertaining to. He knew he shouldn't be nervous but he couldn't stop himself even if he tried. He took a deep breath, calming his heart. "Fine. What?"

"How did the past week went by?" He asked, leaning on the wall.

"How did it past by? Normal. I wake up, go to school, then go home." He tried to be nonchalant as possible. Even if he did lose, his brother couldn't just punish him without him admitting it. 

Baekbeom smirked. "You know what I mean. Fine. Let's get to the point since I'm pretty tired myself." He stood upright and arched an eyebrow at him, making Baekhyun almost look away. "Do you feel anything than hate for her, bro?" 

It was a simple question. It was just a yes and a no question. But it was hard to answer. He knew what his answer would be, should be. A no. All he had to do is deny it. Since she came, he knew to himself the time he'd seen her that he hated her. He can't exactly say why but there was a reason, he knew there is. If he had to cite a few, then it would be how, from the first day, she ruined his day, by disrupting their class and then the noise she created all throughout the day. Then next would probably when she entered his house and lived there. Adding up to that was how his friends would constantly annoy him about her. And then there's the music exam where she distracted him to committing a mistake. Lastly, there's all the boys who she just kept on attracting, drawing herself into a position she didn't want, and it'll end up that he'll have to save her because he just couldn't turn his back even if he liked, because he wasn't brought up that way.

There are so many reasons to still hate her but why can't he answer his brother a simple no? Why is he hesitating? His heart jumped to his throat, not knowing how to respond. When did it start to get hard to say he hated her? He can't remember.

"Baek." His head tilted to look at his brother and he swallowed. "Do you still hate her?"

He wet his lips, in a deep breath. "No."


A/N:

HIIIIIIIIIII MY DEAR READERS! How are you all doing? I'm sorry it took time to update. I hope you liked the last chapter though. I don't know when I'll update again but I hope this is somehow to a satisfactory level. 

What do you think of this chapter? Baekhyun doesn't already hate her, yay. But would it really be fine from then on? What would the punishment be? Kekeke. See you in the next chapter!

Thank you for reading! Comments? ^^