012

I'm Yours

The whole field was filled to the brim with students, professors, and visitors, all anticipating the match between two of the top ten soccer teams in the Seoul district. The sun was still burning bright above them, casting hot beams on the audiences and the grassy field but it didn't stop them to watch the match. 

Carefully, Chaeyeon and Yixing walked their way to their seats. Yixing took the lead as he scanned the bleachers for Jongdae and Tao. It wasn't easy though as there were already so many people and walking was hard as they had to pass in front of so many people, trying to avoid stepping or tripping over feet. 

"Ah, I see them!" Yixing said in that cute way of his and Chaeyeon tried to peer over his shoulder but couldn't because of the boy's tall height. After a while, she gave up. 

"Yixing! Chaeyeon! Here!" They heard Jongdae's voice over the noisy surroundings. 

"Oh, they're there! Wait..." Yixing's eyebrows furrowed to get a clearer look and it met a pair of eyes that was sharply looking at him even if his looked as empty as probably his apartment.

Chaeyeon also stopped in her steps as Yixing halted. She tried to tiptoe to see what he saw but before she could, she felt a hand grip her wrist and she looked down to see Yixing's hand tightly wrapped around hers. She stiffened for a moment before she looked up at the boy in front of her.

"Yixing..." It jolt Yixing back to reality as he looked back at her and smiled smally. He looked down to their hands and back to her eyes. "I'm sorry. I--"

"Hey! Can you move? You're blocking our view!" A boy said from a level higher and despite the hostile attitude, they both bowed a little in apology.

"It's okay. Let's go," she said in a soft voice and Yixing smiled a little before he led her to their seat ignoring the pair of eyes following them.

As soon as they've reached the two vacant seats just beside Jongdae with Tao on his other side, Yixing stopped and backed away to the side to give way for her.

"Ladies first?" Yixing grinned and Chaeyeon gave out a small smile, shaking her head. As she raised her head to the front, her heart skipped in surprise as she seemed to freeze in her position. Staring back at her is the boy who have been acting cold and ignorant of her since the day before for a reason unknown. She didn't know what to do as she just stared back at him until Tao greeted her loudly, snapping her back to reality as Baekhyun looked away.

"Chaeyeonnie!" Tao was loud as usual.

"Hi," she greeted with a small wave and smile, her eyes fluttering before turning to Tao.

"You can sit here," Jongdae said, patting the seat next to him and smiling. She nodded with a small smile as she took a step towards it but tripped on the foot of the guy beside the second vacant seat. On instinct, the four guys reached out to help her out but since Yixing was the nearest to her, he was the one to steady her. Jongdae and Tao sighed in relief while Baekhyun bite down the insides of his cheek, sitting back and looking away, mumbling to himself. 

"You okay?" Yixing asked worriedly before looking at the guy who owned the foot but the guy was too busy stuffing his mouth with food to notice the hard gaze.

"I'm okay. Thanks," she smiled and nodded. She straightened herself up and walked over to her seat and sat down. Yixing settled down next to her.

 

Baekhyun sat quietly beside the talkative Tao who hadn't shut up since Chaeyeon came. He blew air to his cheeks and then blew on his bangs. He didn't even know why he was there, or why in the first place did he give in to Tao. Right. He's Tao. He gets his way whatever happens. He softly shook his head, looking down on the field.

The game was to start in a few minutes but the people were already loudly cheering for their teams. Baekhyun scrunched up his nose, annoyed with how noisy it was and start regretting all over again for giving in to Tao. He should've been firm in his decision to not come, after all, he wasn't the time to go watch soccer matches. Well, when Sehun was around he really didn't have a choice. The boy knows too much and he always gives that look and immediately he gives in. Tao, on the other hand, is just too persuasive to the point that you just want to pull out your hair out of annoyance.

He heard Chaeyeon's soft chuckle followed by Yixing's voice then and he tried not to look their way. It shouldn't be hard, but it was and it frustrated him more. He could remember clearly that day he told himself to just ignore her, to act as if she didn't even exist but as everyday passes, it becomes harder and harder to pretend. Since the girl came, everything that Baekhyun harbored for her was hatred because, like what he had said many times, when she came, nothing has been okay.

"Yah, Byun Baekhyun, it's not bad to join in the fun once in a while," Jongdae said with a smirk, pulling him out of his thoughts. He turned to his direction but his landed instead landed Chaeyeon who looked back at him with her round eyes. He diverted his attention immediately and found Jongdae with his eyebrows up. He rolled his eyes.

"Where's the fun?" He said in his monotone voice that his friends already got used to. That is just Baekhyun.

"Hey! Was that an insult?!" Tao whined playfully while Baekhyun shook his head in disbelief while the other three chuckled. He couldn't scold him though because he knows it's just his way of lifting up the atmosphere, something, even if he rarely show it, thankful for.

The sound system around the field suddenly came alive, making them snap their heads to the field as the commentators for that day spoke in the deep lively voice. Just like that, the conversation ended.

 

The sun was dipping down the horizon by the time the game finished, three to one, in favor of their university. It was really a good game, even Baekhyun couldn't deny it, despite Luhan's and Minseok's own way of teasing him even from the field during break times. He just rolled his eyes, amused rather than annoyed by their antics. As he watched Luhan, he knew right away why he was able to steal Eun Jung's heart. Besides his good-looks according to the girls he hears, he could say that he played really well. He does fairly well in his studies as he could see but still, he couldn't deny that he's still a jerk, no matter what.

They went to congratulate them just by the locker rooms which were swarming with many people who wanted to do the same and well, fangirls and fanboys alike. Baekhyun tried to remain as invisible as possible, not up for Luhan's remarks but he guessed, the boy had just some knacks in teasing him.

"Hey, Baek, what are you doing in the back there? Hiding from someone?" Luhan asked innocently, scanning the crowd before landing on Chaeyeon who talked with Minseok just beside Luhan. 

"Ha-ha. Try more," Baekhyun said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

"Oh c'mon buddy. I'm just kidding. So, how's it going?" Luhan whispered a little too loud with a corner of his lips, curling upwards to a grin. He slung his arm comfortably on Baekhyun's shoulders and the latter scrunched up his nose. Even if he got what he meant, he played dumb, the best thing to do at moments like that.

"How's what going? You mean, how you reak of sweat right now and how you should take your arm off of me before I do so myself and you wouldn't like it," Baekhyun said in such a monotone voice it was actually scary but for Luhan, it was amusing as he pretended to be hurt.

"Ouch. That hurt," he feigned a sad voice but smirk after a while.

"You know denying isn't healthy, right, Byun Baekhyun? A smart like you would know." Luhan smirked again and before Baekhyun could retort, Luhan had detached from him and joined the other five. He pressed his lips into a thin line, annoyed, not because it was basically Luhan, but because he knew he was right and that he hit right on the spot.

He was pulled out from his thoughts as a couple of girls suddenly appeared to his side. He blinked, surprised a little.

"Hi... Uhm... You're Byun Baekhyun right?" A petite girl who he could say wasn't far from his age said shyly as she griped her phone on her hand.

"Uhh..." Baekhyun didn't know what to respond. At normal circumstances, he would reply a quick no, just to avoid them but before he could form an answer, Tao came jumping to his side, slinging an arm to his shoulders.

"Yes, the one and only!" Tao grinned and the girls were squealing and Baekhyun tried hard not to flinch. He hated attention but right now, almost everyone who is in hearing distance had turned their way.

"We knew it! You are popular in our university! Can we...uh..." Another girl with a pink bowtie on her hair said in a almost high-pitched voice and Baekhyun almost glared at Tao if not all the attention was on him. 

"Take a picture? Sure! I'm sure my dear friend wouldn't mind it, right, Baek?" Tao said grinning at Baekhyun. He knew that what he's doing is like asking for a death wish but he's not doing it for himself. Also, it was always fun getting back at Baekhyun and annoying him. At least, lately, it has been.

Having really no choice, he nodded and the girls squealed again, grabbing their respective cellphones. Baekhyun almost cursed under his breath as he stood uncomfortably.

"You're going to get it later, Huang Zi Tao," He said softly through gritted teeth. If Tao heard it, he didn't give a damn as he moved away to give the girls an oppurtunity to stand beside Baekhyun for the picture.

The other four stood at the sides, Luhan and Jongdae with an amused smile on their faces, Yixing with curious eyes and Chaeyeon with her eyes slightly wide in surprise and awe. She didn't have any idea that Baekhyun was actually that popular. She heard some of her university mates talking about him but she didn't think that his popularity actually reached other universities as well. Somehow, it was interesting but she could clearly see how Baekhyun was uncomfortable and even if she pitied him right then, she can't help but grin.

"Doesn't he look funny?" She snapped her head to the side to see Luhan's smirk. She turned to look at Baekhyun who was still busy taking pictures and shrugged.

"I guess. He looked distressed though," she said, shrugging and Luhan smiled.

"So you notice?" Luhan said, looking at her this time with a mischievous smile and the naive her jutted her lip out.

"Don't you, too?" She said, looking up at him and Luhan smiled knowingly, shrugging.

"I'll have to go for now. I'll see later for the victory party, alright?" Luhan smiled, patting her shoulder and leaving her side, grabbing Minseok by the arm as they went back in to the locker rooms to shower and get a change.

Chaeyeon turned to Baekhyun who was just now forcing a smile on as the girls bid him good bye. When girls left, Tao already gave it ran as Baekhyun chased him.

"YAH! HUANG ZI TAO COME BACK HERE YOU COWARD!" Their voices echoed at the nearly empty corridors except for them as a few maintenance.

"GE HELP MEEEEEEEEE," Tao screamed and Chaeyeon stiffled a laugh. She had never seen Baekhyun actually lose himself like this to chase Tao around. Yixing looked down at her and pressed his lips together.

"They look like kids, huh?" Yixing said and Chaeyeon shrugged.

"They are kids."

 

An hour later, they stood by the university gates, Tao hiding behind Yixing, rubbing his neck which Baekhyun headlocked. Baekhyun stood half a meter away, his arms crossed over his chest. Jongdae was laughing at them while Chaeyeon attended to Tao, asking him if he was alright.

"Nope. Baekhyun hurt me. He's so mean!" Tao whined and Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

"You should've seen that coming, you jerk," Baekhyun scoffed and Tao stuck his tongue out.

"Whatever."

"Yeah, whatever." 

"What are you even fuming about? It was just a picture!" Tao said, frowning.

"Pictures, not picture. And you know I hate it." Baekhyun gave him a hard look and they continued arguing, ignoring the other three.

Chaeyeon shook her head at the two while Yixing smiled a little. He gave her a soft squeeze on the shoulder. She turned to him and returned the smile.

"You'll get used to them. They're...always like that," Jongdae said, smiling. It caught Yixing and Chaeyeon's attention as they turned to him. "It actually had been a while since Baekhyun acted like that though. It could've have been nice if Sehun was around." He shrugged before turning to the two, the corner of his lips curling to a smile. "He knows him best."

Chaeyeon glanced at Baekhyun and Tao's way, her eyes finally fixing on the dark brown haired boy. She pondered then what Jongdae really meant. She hadn't been around long, obviously, so she knew so little and somehow, she hoped she was around way back. Maybe, just maybe, she could've met whoever Sehun is, know her current circle of friends longer, and lastly, great relationship with Baekhyun. If things turned out that way, she wondered how she could've had a really fun life or at least, she didn't need to go such pain. The remainder made her eyes twitch and she shut her eyes tight, trying to erase the thoughts away.

"Hey, you alright?" Yixing asked, noticing how sullen she looked and Chaeyeon snapped out of her thoughts and nodded, smiling.

"Yeah." Yixing didn't look convinces but he decided to drop it as he heard the loud voices of the soccer team.

As soon as Minseok noticed them, he ran towards them with a big smile. Luhan followed him shortly after conversing to the team coach. The team looked like they will go ahead already as they turned to the other side of the sidewalk.

"Hey guys. You joining us for the victory dinner, right?" Minseok asked, looking at the five of them.

"Can we, can we? That'll be fun!" Tao said, grinning from ear to ear as if Baekhyun hadn't just 'harrassed' him.

"So guys, you're all coming, right?" Luhan said eyeing all of them until it rested on Chaeyeon, an expectant smile on his lips. Chaeyeon hesitated as she uncertainly looked at Baekhyun. She doesn't even know why she looked at him. It's as if her eyes had a mind of their own that time. Luhan noticed it and he smirked, before turning to Baekhyun.

"Baek?" Luhan called and Baekhyun turned to him.

"Can't. I've got some things to do at home," Baekhyun replied nonchalantly.

"But it's a Saturday tomorrow!" Jongdae said, like how he said it during lunch break.

"That's why I can't. It's a Saturday tomorrow. I have somewhere to go. Geez, why am I even telling you guys this?" Baekhyun mumbled the last sentence.

"Is that right, Chae?" Luhan inquired and Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows at Luhan. He knew he was trying to like always.

"Uhm... I guess..." Chaeyeon looked over at Baekhyun who looked her way as well and raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know about her but I'll be going," Baekhyun said, shrugging as he adjusted the strap of his bag on his right shoulder.

"Wait. I think I remember now. You're going to Busan tomorrow!" Tao exclaimed and Baekhyun grumbled under his breath.

"Thank you for letting everyone know, panda."

"You're welcome!" Tao said, playing along with a smirk.

"Busan? You mean, you and..." Minseok's gaze turned to Chaeyeon who actually didn't know if she should answer that or not. She knew that Baekhyun would get mad, again, if she dare say anything.

Baekhyun already grew tired of it and sighed. "For you guys to just let me go, fine. We're going to Busan but it's not like it was my decision. It's my parents. If you want to know why, then fine. We're attending a family friend's wedding. Now happy? Can I go now?" Baekhyun was almost panting by the time he finished but the Tao, Jongdae, and Luhan was just looking at him amused while Yixing felt a little worried about it. He doesn't know why he said it but he was just too tired and knew that is what they wanted so he just told them.

"Alright. Since I see that it is really important..." Luhan said, eyeing them both and giving Baekhyun a lopsided smile, "...You can go." 

Baekhyun almost sighed out loud. "I'll be going then." He was about to turn around before Jongdae said, "Aren't you coming with him, Chaeyeon?"

"Yeah. You two should go home together. Anyway you go the same way," Minseok added, and Baekhyun wondered if his friends were really intentionally annoying him or they were just plainly stupid as there's no way would he want to go home with her.

"Uh..." Chaeyeon knew that was what she should do. Anyway, she would be going home already but she wasn't sure if it was a good idea going home with him.

"I'll take her home," Yixing said and everyone turned to him. Yixing looked at Chaeyeon and smiled, before he looked up, looked at all of them, then at Baekhyun. The two exchanged looks, both supressing their emotions. Luhan looked at the two, a holding back a smile. 

"Well then, you guys go ahead now," Luhan said, purposely letting Yixing go.

"Too bad. Maybe next time then. Have a safe trip home, you three," Minseok smiled genuinely.

"Yixing, make sure Chaeyeon gets home safe, alright? You can't let anyone hurt her, you get it?" Jongdae said with a knowing smile. Tao nodded, getting what Jongdae said.

Yixing just nodded and smiled at all of them. "Yeah, you didn't have to say it."

"Aye, you're being too cheesy right there," Jongdae grinned.

Baekhyun grumbled, turning to leave. Jongdae, Tao, Minseok, and Luhan bit back their laughters as they saw how Baekhyun was agitated while Yixing watched Baekhyun go, seeing the look he had but deciding on ignoring it, for the mean time. Chaeyeon was oblivious of it though as she looked embarrassed at what Jongdae said.

"You two better go! Your bus will come in a few minutes!" Minseok said.

"I guess. Congratulations again, Luhan, Minseok. I'll see you guys on Monday," Chaeyeon said, smiling and the four nodded, smiling. 

"Bye guys. See ya," Yixing bid them good bye with a nod and they returned the same. They turned around and left.

As the two had left out the gate, the four finally let out their laughters. 

"Did you see his face? He was so ready to punch someone!" Jongdae laughed.

"Yeah. I'm sure he would be extra grumpy on Monday because of that!" Tao snorted a laugh.

"Well, that's not really what I'm looking forward to," Luhan said, smirking.

"You're right. I wonder what will happen to their ride home, and of course, Busan," Minseok said, having a lopsided smile.

"I bet it'll be interesting."

The conversation continued as they left the university grounds and joined the soccer team at a nearby restaurant, all of them looking forward to meeting the other three really soon.

 

It took a little less than an hour for them to arrive to their stop. For Chaeyeon and Yixing, it was short but for Baekhyun, he thought he just had the longest ride in his entire life. He had gone as soon as he arrived home, Chaeyeon and Yixing still outside. He had shut the door rather harshly, annoyed.

"Those guys, I'm so gonna make them pay for today." He kept on muttering things as he stomped his way up to his room.

When he got in, he closed the door and locked it. He dropped his bag to the side and jumped to his bed, worn out. He couldn't get the images of Yixing and Chaeyeon on the way home out of his mind. They looked so comfortable to each other, conversing and laughing over littlest things. It was so obvious that Yixing was so fond of her. He wouldn't even doubt if the guy is in love with her, and the same way for Chaeyeon. He groaned to his pillow.

"Why do I even care? Ugh, Byun Baekhyun, get your head straight!"

He heard the door close downstairs and he rolled his eyes.

"So she decided to get in. Nice," he said sarcastically.

He kept on thinking about what happened the whole day and he became more and more annoyed. He kept on kicking in the air and rolling on his bed. Finally, after getting really tired, he got up from his bed, deciding to take a short hot shower. Luckily, he wasn't able to encounter the girl going to and back from the bathroom. He opened his laptop as soon as he got inside his room and it lit up and loaded to his desktop. A sudden video call came in the moment he logged in and when he saw it was Sehun, he immediately answered it.

"Hey. What's-- Whoah, whoah, you look like you've been asked to run the whole field for ten laps. What happened?" Sehun raised an eyebrow at him and he sighed out loud.

Seeing Sehun brought comfort to him. Sehun was the only guy who would understand him entirely, and he was glad he decided to call now. He really needed someone to tell everything that had happened. And so he did while Sehun listened to his rants. 

Finally, he came to an end with, "I hate them. I hate them. I hate her." 

Sehun smiled knowingly and smirked, shaking his head. "You know you love them." Sehun had some more to say but he decided against it, not wanting to add up to his best friend's sour mood.

"Yeah, right. When are you even going back? I can't handle Tao perfectly on my own. I might strangle him already, I swear." Sehun laughed at it.

"I guess I missing out so many things, huh?" Sehun said and Baekhyun shook his head, sighing out loud.

"No, not really. You haven't answered me, Hun," Baekhyun said, turning serious all of a sudden.

Sehun leaned comfortably back on his pillow, thinking. "I don't know. Who knows? I'll be right in front of your door the next morning," Sehun smirked and Baekhyun scoffed playfully.

"Yeah whatever."

"Don't miss me too much."

"I didn't hear you."

"I know you missed me. Awwe... My best friend is turning to the soft ball he is."

"Eww. Shut up."

Sehun laughed out loud and Baekhyun can't help but smile.

He missed this.

He missed his best friend.

He missed how things were.

He hates how things are now.

He hates...her.


A/N:

Hi my dear readers! Updated! What do you think? I hope it was...alright. ><

Anyway, I know you guys might've thought this chapter is already about the Busan trip but I just needed to put this so I hope you could wait for a little more for it. I'll put it up as soon as I've typed it. :)

Anybody missed Sehun? Ahaha. I decided to put some Sehun for all those readers who loves him, like me! :)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. 

'Til next time! Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing! Love guys! <3

Comments are welcomed! :)