Despair

Seeking for Certainty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suzy observed as Myungsoo struggled to adjust to the new arrangements of her apartment. However, he had seemed to discover his ways as he had still managed to prepare her a cup of hot cocoa. She watched as he made his way towards her and suddenly, she found herself reliving the moments they shared together. Seeing him in the new environment that she had created, the feeling was familiar but at the same time, different.

“Here,” Myungsoo placed the cup on the table in front of Suzy. “It’ll help calm you down and it’d be good for your stomach too.”

“Thanks,” she only mumbled before sipping from the cup, savouring the familiar taste that only Myungsoo could pull off.

“Since when did you know?” Myungsoo asked, catching Suzy’s attention.

“Since yesterday,” she shortly replied.

“How were you able to find out?” Myungsoo asked once more.

“Your wife was kind enough to let me know,” Suzy flashed a bitter smile.

Myungsoo then sighed before telling her, “Soojung faked her pregnancy.”

Suzy then snapped her gaze towards him as she mouthed, “What?”

Myungsoo then let out a sarcastic laughter as he added, “She staged her miscarriage too. They did it all just to break us apart.”

“I don’t understand,” Suzy shook her head before burying her face onto her hands. She then rubbed her face in frustration as she said, “Why are they punishing us from loving each other? Was loving you really that sinful for me to suffer so much?  Why would they go to an unimaginable extent?”

Having no answers for her questions, Myungsoo tjust cupped Suzy’s face gently and caressed it in a soothing manner before saying, “I don’t understand too but I promise that we’d be able to get through this together.”

 

 

Sehun couldn’t get a decent sleep or even have the appetite for a meal after everything that happened between him and Suzy. Oftentimes, he would find himself blankly staring at the walls or the ceiling with tears flowing down his cheeks as he continuously blamed himself for letting the relationship he treasured so much, crumble onto the ground. Every time he would remember how devastated she looked, he would clench his fist in anger at himself or clench his chest in order to bear the excruciating pain. But by being alone Sehun was also able to make up his mind. He had decided not to let her go without hearing his explanation. He wanted to fight for her. He knew that for now, there was only anger and the feeling of betrayal in Suzy but he was hoping that he could still nourish the remaining love Suzy has for him, no matter how little it had become, and turn it into forgiveness and acceptance.

He gave her the solitude she needed for a day but after that, he had tried calling her multiple times only to be redirected by a voice mail. Accepting the fact that Suzy was still too wounded to take his call, Sehun sighed and decided to leave messages for her.

“In case that you’ve already deleted my number by now…. Suzy, it’s me, Sehun,” he closed his eyes and huffed before continuing. “I was trying to call you the whole day but I’ve been redirected to your voice mail countless times. Why am I even surprised? Perhaps you hate me so much right now that even hearing my voice would send you into rage and I can’t blame you for that.”

He chewed on his lip as tears started accumulating on his eyes once more. He brushed it momentarily and shut his eyes tight once more before saying, “But please. Please once you’ve cooled down, talk to me. Let’s meet up. This is probably the most cliché line… but… I… I could explain everything, Suzy. I’d tell you everything you would want to know. I’d clear it all up – the lies you’ve mistaken as truths and the truths you’ve mistaken as lies. Just please. Please give me the chance to talk to you.”

The silence on the other line of the phone was deafening but he wanted to relay everything he wanted to say. Frustratingly pulling some of his hair, he added, “You’re probably tired of hearing me apologize but I’d repeat it all over again until you forgive me. I’m sorry, Suzy. I’m really sorry for everything.”

He then gave out a bitter chuckle as he said, “You’d probably not want to hear this…. No. Most probably, you would not believe this anymore but I won’t also get tired of saying that…”

Sehun couldn’t contain the sob that rolled out of his lips when he whispered, “I love you Suzy. I really do. So I’m begging you… please let me explain first.”

Not wanting to let her hear him cry, Sehun ended the call without saying goodbye. He threw his phone at the sofa as he cupped his face and fought every urge to cry.  Then, he laid his back on the sofa as he heaved another deep sigh. He was starting to be immersed into his thoughts but there was suddenly an urgent knocking at his door. Wishfully thinking that it was Suzy, he hurriedly opened it only to find someone whom he least wanted to see at that moment.

“Soojung,” he mumbled her name.

The girl just pushed him aside as she entered his house without a word. Rolling his eyes, Sehun asked, “Did I say that you’re allowed to enter inside?”

“I don’t remember needing your permission,” Soojung nonchalantly said as she removed her shoes and walked inside.

“Do you think it’s that easy to accept you in after what you did – “

“Myungsoo left me,” Soojung interrupted him. She sat down on his sofa but she was near enough for Sehun to see that she was giving him an icy stare. Then, she repeated, “Myungsoo left me. Now, we’re quits.”

“That’s your fault,” Sehun stepped forward.

“It’s both our fault,” Soojung retorted. “We messed up and now we’re both miserable.”

For a while, there was silence as Sehun contemplated on the truth of her words. But then, he grabbed her by the arm and made her stand up as he said. “Still. I don’t want you in my house. Get out.”

Soojung let out a scoff as she shoved his arm away, “We only have each other right now and you still have the nerve to throw me away?!”

“It was you who used me and threw me away as you pleased Soojung,” Sehun uttered as he stared right onto her eyes.

“I never forced you. It was you who volunteered to help,” Soojung replied.

“But you abused my kindness,” Sehun muttered.

Soojung’s mouth gaped as she just stared at him for a short moment. Then, she whined, “I thought you were my friend.”

Sehun’s gaze was on her was unwavering as he whispered sternly, “I thought you were my friend, too, Soojung.”

Pursing her lips, Soojung blinked away her tears before turning to leave.

 

 

Soojung’s world was falling apart with Myungsoo leaving and Sehun refusing to accept her again. Her rage had also driven out the helpers in the mansion. She was now all alone in their gigantic house. The eerie silence was not helping her in the loneliness and sadness she was feeling. She wanted to cry but her eyes were already tired of tearing up. She thought that she was at her most wretched state until an envelope was delivered onto her house. Her hands were shaking from hunger but still, she managed to open it and discover what was inside.

She chewed on her lip as tears welled up in her eyes once more. Without wasting a second, she ripped the divorce pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter