Calling

Still Love You

Yixing’s room, Busan

The hotel bed was comfortable enough, an expensive feather mattress with silk sheets, but it was nothing like Yixing bed at home, he rolling on his other side. After that he switched the side of his cover and pillow, this time laying down on his stomach then on his back, then his eyes darted around and looked at the clock hang on the wall. He narrowed his eyes, it was 09.14 pm.

The room was dead silence and dark, he think it’s nice atmosphere because set his mind at rest but then he feel lonely without scream, cry and laugh from his little family. Yixing just stared at the ceiling, no night kiss, no hug and no talk moment before going to bed. 

He slowly got up and the lights, slightly blinded for a while before he could adjust to the brightness. He had to look for his blanket for a while before starting to arrange his bed, then he decided to grab his phone, put it on his right ear after press shortcut dial, waiting someone to pick up his calling.

Oppaa..?”, she answered, her voice still thick with sleep. Yixing smile as he hear Minhee’s voice, he can imagine his wife laying on their’s bed with messy hair falling around her shoulder.

“Did you just wake up?”,

“Hmm..”,

“I shouldn’t have called you. Go back to sleep then”, he glanced at the clock again, double checking that he had gotten the time right.

No, I’m awake now anyway”, he felt guilty after wake up his wife

“So, how Hunnie condition now? More better?”,

I don’t know”, Yixing could hear Minhee’s sigh rang out through the phone, she was not in a good mood at all. “Hunnie is sleeping now but he got little fever. He won’t stop crying because his ankle hurt and I carried him almost one hour just to make him back sleep again. And Byun keep calling you and become cry baby too, she even spilled her milk on carpet”. He rubbing his hand on his face, the condition was worst than he thought before and she must feel exhausted now. “Do you eat well?”.

“So well, you know the taste really good. I never eat delicious food like that in my life..”,

In other words, my cooking is bad. So next time, don’t eat my food again”, her nagged made him smiled.

“You know, you could hire baby sitter or maid to help”, honestly, Yixing thought that it was a pretty good idea, if he couldn’t be the one to help his wife take care of their’s child. It was getting to the point where he was running out of helpful suggestions and he didn’t know what else he could do.

“I don’t need any help and I don’t want hire baby sitter. I just wish that you were here tomorrow before they go to bed”.

In the background, Yixing can hear Sehun crying and it really doesn’t help. He sighs sadly as hear his son’s cry and be replaced by familiar beeping sound, indicating that his wife has already hung up before he could even get the chance to say goodnight to the people he cares the most about in the world.          

“Goodnight Minhee, I love you and our kids so much”, he tried to close his eyes but his mind coming back to Minhee. “I worried you sleep lateness this night”. “Wait.. is she really going mad at me? how if she serious about no eat at home?”.

 

One week later,

Hanaro Company

Luhan facing to his desk which there were folders, reports and files piled up in different corners, eyeing a brief update about their’s project that Jia gave to him this morning. He took one look before put again on desk, not interested to read through until last pages. He wonder why his father sent him to keeping an eye on their’s new merger if everything sound good. If he weren’t only heir in his familly, he would run away to grab his own dream.

The more he thought the more he realized how desperate his body was for the rest. His eyes physically hurt to stay open and he rubbed at them with heels of his hands. Luhan yawn several times indication he was exhausted, lean his head on the desk. He stared at his phone, he forced himself to put it down on the desk. It’s been one week since he stolen her phone number, but he not dare to call her first. He realized that he hasn’t right of her life now.

Flashback

 

Luhan remove Byun’s bag when the little sleep in his lap, but when he pulled, the bag fly open causing everything inside spill out. He pick and pack again into the bag, included Minhee’s phone, but after a minute arguing in his mind he took the phone again. Bad things came out from his mind, getting her phone number, without thinking twice he press his phone number on that screen and call it. He grinned after feel his phone buzz inside his pocket.

 

Flash end

Luhan feel like coward, always running from a fact of his life. He hate how he can outrun easily when he just want to run by her side. Finally he determined to text her.

To Minhee : Can we meet today?

To Luhan : Who is it?

To Minhee : Luhan

To Luhan : No, I can’t

He stood and rushed his hair despondently, “Of course, you reject me”

 

“Hey, Luhan. You busy?”, Jia asked as she slid the door open. Nonetheless, he gave a nod and waved her in.

“Yes?”, he said in his monotone voice while leaning over on his desk. She gaping at how awful Luhan was and closed the door with a soft click.

“Uhm.. I just visit you, maybe you need something?”, asked Jia concerned

“No, thanks. I’m just bore to death, staying at my room whole day long”. He put his elbow on desk and covered his face with his hand.

“Hey, don’t say you homesick. I know that feeling”.

Luhan chuckled, " Feelings ... ??”,

“Apart from the person you loved”, answered

Luhan nodded, “You know that feeling well", smile sincerely to Jia as he hear his phone buzz

“Do you have someone you loved? I mean girlfriend?”, Luhan didn’t answer, he busy look at his phone screen

From Minhee : I can, meet me at Bun Coffee, 05.00 PM

Luhan glance at the clock on the screen 04.36 PM. He bite his lip and get up, grabbed his stuff. “Jia, I’m sorry. I leaving now”, he walked out leave Jia who confused behind.

“Wait, where are you going?”, Jia run after him to elevator but the door already closed. She press the G button and wait until the doors open again.

Luhan slowly turned the car on and started to drive when Jia suddenly intercepted his’s car. Without excuse, she got into the car, wore a seat belt and leaned back comfortably.

“Aren’t we going?", Jia asked when Luhan looked at her confused.

"But-“,

“Go.. just go wherever you want.. I don’t mind," said Jia with meaning.