iv.

Because I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Suji

            How does it feel to fall asleep? I can’t seem to remember. Jong-in seems to be having a really great dream right now, unlike those past few days. I didn’t whisper to his ears just like the way I do the past days when he falls asleep. Is he really that happy that he can’t hear my voice?

            He’s smiling even when he’s asleep. Somehow, I hoped that he was dreaming of me. I walked towards him, I could watch him sleep forever, and never get tired of staring at such a beautiful face. I tried to caress his face; he won’t be able to feel me. His eyelashes were so pretty, and his lips were beautifully curved.

            He seemed to have awoken as he peeked his right eye to see something. And he seemed to have mumbled something,“… it is Suji.” I couldn’t hear what he fully said, but I was so sure he was calling my name. No. You can’t. Please.

            “Jong-in.” I desperately tried to call his name, trying to touch him. My desperation almost filling out me, “Please don’t remember me. Please. Please. Please.” I’m frantic. If he remembers me. If. I don’t even know what to do.

            “Even if we only meet in your dreams…” It was useless, he can’t hear me. But I tried, nonetheless. “It’s okay. Let’s just keep meeting in your dreams, oh?”

            But before I could say something else that he won’t hear, a loud bang seemed to have erupted. He fell down, clutching his head. He’s in pain, he seems to be unable to hold it in.

            I kneeled down beside him, I can’t touch him. I can’t. I can’t. What do I do? I can’t help. I felt myself crying yet again. Tears rolling down my cheeks in worry, there was no way I could ever help him.

            “Suji.” Who appeared out of nowhere? It was Myungsoo.

            I approached him, and I tugged his arm. “Please Myungsoo! Please help him! Please…”

            “Have you ever thought of what I said to you the other day?” Why does he keep on talking? Jong-in needs help.

            “Please Myungsoo… I know I already asked a-lot of help from you, but this is the last time I will ask your help. I promise.” I stared at him, begging as if I was human enough, “Please…”

            Myungsoo grabbed a bottle in his pocket, scotch wine. He groaned yet again, and he snapped his fingers. Another miracle has been done for you Jong-in. Another snap had been made for you.

            I kneeled down beside him, “Just wait…”

 

 

            Death has always been a cruel thing, but what can I do? Again and again, it breaks my heart at the realization that I can’t go back and help Jong-in while he’s in pain. When someone’s in trouble, time would seem to be really slow but thanks to Jong-in’s friends, he was saved. They were frantic like me. And they were panicking. I badly wanted to help them.

            Jong-in seemed to have woken up after fainting. He says something about dreaming about me. The doctors seemed to have realiz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter