Chapter 3

Destiny
 
 
"I-I was helpless. Dammit, I've got to get stronger." I said still catching my breath sinking into the couch with a blanket around me whilst Chanhyuk handed me some hot chocolate. 
 
"Soohyun-ah, wanna tell me what happened? Why were you so shocked?" He asked. I hesitated for a moment. What did happen? Was I just randomly attacked or was it planned? But he was looking for something wasn't he.. A stone. But I cant shake off the feeling we were meant to find each other. I'm drawn in by his mysterious eyes that dance in the moonlight and his lips that could kiss death. 
 
Chanhyuk nudged me taking me out of my trance. "u-uh, nothing. nothing. I just ran into some bandits" I chucked nervously and sipped the hot chocolate. 
 
"Well... I know your lying but whatever it was if you decide to speak up I'm all ears." He got up and began to prepare dinner. 
 
I wonder, was the stone all he was looking for? 
 
***
 
The echoing of the dozens of footsteps filled the night in the town. "The phantom kings soldiers," Chanhyuk whispered. "I think they're after us." He gestured me to follow him through the shadows of the town. The footsteps were coming closer. 
 
The buildings were filled with wanted posters of criminals; pick pockets mostly but among them murderers. They come in three categories, white for your average criminals, stealing, vandalism, etc. Red for the badder criminals, murder and Gold for your most wanted, betrayers of the kingdom, mass murderers. The higher the category the higher the reward.  
 
But as I was running along I came across a royal blue poster. i found it odd so I tore it off and put it in my pocket. "Soohyun-ah! Hurry up!" Chanhyuk shouted. I ran after him but I felt the weight of another person and fell collapsing under them. 
 
Chanhyuk ran back to help and pushed him off me. I felt dazed and everything was spinning, but the glittering of a certain tear shaped crystal caught my eye a few meters away. I took my hand to my neck and it was gone. "Dammit, Chanhyuk! The tear!" I shouted at him. 
 
He hesitated but I pointed to the crystal. He nodded and snatched it up and gave it to me. "Thanks" I said. "Now lets get out of here." He said and took my hand. 
 
"Wait!" 
"What is it?" He asked. 
"Well we cant just leave him." I pointed at the boy lying on the floor who was recently lying on me. He had bleach white hair and bee stung lips, he was knocked out cold but he had a certain peaceful aura around him. 
 
He sighed and picked him up on his back. The footsteps were close behind now and soon we heard the shouting of men and the clanking of their armor as they ran after us. 
 
"Time to go" Chanhyuk shouted. We ran as fast as we could and came across and alleyway with no way out. We looked left and right for an exit. 
 
"psst! Hey you kids! follow me." It was an old lady walking her dog. We had no other choice so we followed her into her house just before the alley and we all clambered inside. The white haired boy still unconscious. 
 
The shouts of confusion from the men could be heard outside. "That was a close one might I say so myself" The old lady chuckled. Chanhyuk bowed, "Thankyou..-" 
 
"Just call me Ahjumma and this is Totoro" She smiled with her crooked teeth and patted the brown bundle of fur. "Thankyou ahjumma for saving us." She laughed, "you're welcome kids. So what brings you into my home?"
 
"Well... We were being chased. I-I think." I answered. "Chased you say?" 
"Yes" Chanhyuk responded. She got up and got us some food and tea. "Stay as long as you like. Make yourselves at home." 
 
While the two were talking I went to check on the white haired boy in the other room. Strangely he looked familiar, almost like an old friend, Jongin. Nah, it couldn't be.. 
 
I took out the tear shaped crystal from my pocket and hung it onto another string and tied it around my neck. I held it with my hand and dreamed what my mother would say if she were still alive. A tear got caught in my eye thinking of her so I wiped it away. 
 
I took out the folded royal blue wanted poster from my pocket and opened it up. "I wonder what these are.." As it became unfolded it became too clear. The king was looking for us: ALL PROPHECIES WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE. The poster had a picture of an old friend.. Tao?!
 
Who could ever forget those eyes of his. But why would the king want tao? He's not a prophecy.. right? I was deep in thought when the white haired boy groaned, startling me. 
 
He sat up and put his hand to his head. "Oww~ Where am I?" He asked. His voice was slightly husky and he looked like a runaway model, just like jongin. "Your're safe" I replied, "What's your name?" 
 
"Kai." he responded. "Could you tell me what happened?" 
 
"I could ask you the same thing. Why did you fall on me?" 
 
"I was running from the kings soldiers. you?" 
 
"Same." I looked back down at the wanted poster to study it. "hey, let me see that." He crawled next to me and peer over my shoulder." 
 
"Dammit, They're looking for me. Sorry I've got to run. Thankyou." He bowed and turned. "Kai wait!" I shouted, but before he could go Chanhyuk came in and pulled him back inside the room. 
 
I ran up to him. "Kai.. Are you.. A prophecy?" 
 
He flinched, "Whose asking? I never got your name." 
 
"Lee Soohyun. I'm a prophecy, are you?"
 
He hesitated at first but responded. "Yeah, I guess. I mean, I was told I was but i cant remember. All I remember of the past in flames. Everything before that is a giant blank." 
 
"I see... Do you.. Do you happen to have a crystal of some sort?" I asked looking down at my own dangling from my neck. 
 
"Y-yeah!" He pulled a small triangle shaped crystal with what looked like a whirlpool inside of it. "Apparently it means teleportation." 
 
He scratched his head. "I'm not really sure how to use magic though.. I've just been running ever since my face appeared on one of those blue posters hanging around town about a month ago." 
 
"I see" Chanhyuk said. 
 
That's why I havent seen it. I havent been in town for around two months. 
 
Ahjumma came in. "Oh, It's nice to see you're up boy. What's your name?" 
 
"Kai." He replied. "Let me make you some tea." Then she scurried off to the kitchen. 
 
"So Kai. Do you know anything else about the king and prophecies?" Chanhyuk asked. "Well, I know that the King is meant to lose his reign of power because of them and then the elites will rise once again and so hes sending soldiers out to hunt them down. But that's about it"
 
"Hmm.. Thats not good Soohyun-ah. We should leave town the first thing tomorrow morning." Chanhyuk insisted. "C-can I come too? I mean, if it's not too troublesome." 
 
"Sure. We need to start training if we're going to overthrow the king anything soon." Chanhyuk responded. "Get some sleep we're going to need all the strength we can get." He then headed off into the living room. 
 
Ahjumma came in and gave Kai some tea and a sandwich."Get some rest boy, you were knocked out pretty badly I see." 
 
"Thankyou" He bowed and began to eat. "I'm going to head to bed, Totoro will help you if you have any problems. He's quite intelligent." Then she left while Totoro yapped and my face. I giggled and hugged the boy. 
 
"I'm going to sleep as well. Goodnight, Kai. See you in the morning." 
 
"Goodnight Soohyun-ah." He replied. 
 
Then, I fell asleep. 
 

Hello! long time no see. I'm sorry I dont update very often but I'll try to in the future. Thanks for ready! Upvote, subscribe and comment if u like c: thankyouu

~Littlemunchkins xo