Chapter 1

Destiny

His eyes are dazzling as always, but sometimes I feel the evil deep beneath it, the iciness waiting to come out...

 
Evil as in motherly evil. 
 
We're not related but he's always been like brother (or a mother) to me since that day, Chanhyuk, the one I've counted on since the night I died and was reborn as a soldier. 
 
"Lee Soohyun! Come over here and help me wash the dishes!" He shouted from kitchen. "Oh joy, more work to do that doesn't involve anything useful" I sarcastically muttered to myself before stomping over to him. It was only 9am and I already had enough of work, especially housework. I loathed the word. How can our world even functioning properly when they're out there. 
 
I arrived at the kitchen and sighed leaned on the doorway pretending to sulk with my head down and hair all over my face.
 
"You know you wont get strong if you don't put your back into the simple things" He stated rinsing off the plate in his hands.
 
"You know you wont be my mother however hard you try" I spat back. 
 
He slammed the plate down, "Your mother is gone!" 
 
"I know! And it's because of them she's gone. Which is why I should be out there training, not here in this excuse of a house"  
 
"Hey, I worked hard for this place" He replied, offended. 
 
"I know, and I'm grateful but can we pleaseee train some more?" I gazed at him with puppy eyes hoping it did it's magic. And it did.
 
"Fine-"
 
"Yes!" 
 
"On one condition." I groaned. "What?" He threw me a hand towel. 
 
"Dry these plates." 
 
*** 
"Com'on you can do better than that! Put your back into it." He cheered as he rested on a log. 
 
"What else would I be doing?!" I screamed at him. I was currently carrying two very full buckets of water about 3 litres each around in a giant circle. It doesn't seem like much but it's defiently heavier on your back. 
 
"Well I'm sorry, I thought you wanted to train.." He got off his seat and picked some flowers off the nearby bush. He smiled, "smells good." He picked a bunch and wrapped some rope around them. "Soohyun-ah you can stop carrying the water now." 
 
"Thank goodness," I collapsed on the ground and just laid there, letting the water spill everywhere. "Instead, how about we do a different exercise?"
 
"Please no more water!" I begged still catching my breath. "I'm not that cruel. Instead lets a hide and seek tag exercise!" He insisted. I rolled my eyes, "do I look like I'm 5?" 
 
"You sure act-" I shot him a glare and he stopped. "But this is no ordinary game. I'm testing your senses; see, touch, hear and smell. Use everything I've taught you to find me. If you don't find me by sundown be prepared to clean the house tomorrow." He winked. "Ready? Go!" 
 
He dashed off into the forest and I was left alone. "Clean?" I scoffed, "not a chance."
 
I ran after him and looked through bushes, climbed up trees and even trudged through mud trying to find him but he was no where. "Lee Chanhyuk where are you?!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.
 
No reply.
"Can we stop now? Please? It's starting to get cold." I shivered and hugged myself warmer. 
 
Suddenly I fell and crashed to the ground. Did someone bump me? No, they couldn't have, this is one of the most secluded areas in South Korea, nobody goes around here. Dazed, I stood back up and  found myself in a part of the forest I'd never been too and came across a strange mist. It was purplish-grey and had a smoky stench. 
 
"Where am I?" 
 
I kept walking trying to find my way but there was no end to the mist. In the corner of my eye was a shadow in the shape of a person. "Chanhyuk? Is that you." 
 
No reply. 
 
Suddenly more shadows appeared, six in total. I felt my heart beat rapidly as if it was going to rip out of my chest. "C-chanhyuk.. where are you?" 
The shadows were creeping closer as I staggered back until I was stopped by a tree. A small hexagonal stone dropped in front of me with some strange symbol, lines etched into it as some crazy spiral. 
 
The shadows crept closer and a guy came out, tall with black hair and a stunning jaw line. His lips were long and pink and his eyes were as if the stars itself gave it a mysterious and daunting sparkle. 
 
He slowly bent down and picked up the stone. As he got up I made eye contact with those dazzling eyes of his and fear and panic rushed through me. 
But my heart was telling me differently. It was racing so fast it would make it to the moon and back within a minute. It was if he was my soul, my mate, my destiny. But the fear in my stomach told me he was an enemy.
 
He was one of them and we could never be together, ever. 
 
 As soon as I realized this I ran off into the woods, not wanting to face what this meant. Fate had put me with the enemy. The enemy I've trained so long for to be rid of.
 
The bad memories came rushing in and my eyes were beginning to well up with tears. I raced past the hundreds of tree while tears in my eyes began to fall down my cheek. Why did it have to be this way? 
 
The mist was long gone and I came across the buckets I had left on the ground earlier. My legs weren't about to stop to pick them up but I crashed into the arms of Chanhyuk, embracing me. 
 
"Soohyun-ah? What's wrong? I was getting worried." My voice wouldnt come out so he hugged me tightly while I just cried in his arms. "Let's go home." He took my hand and we walked back to the little cottage isolated in the middle of the forest. 
 
Is he truly my fate?
 
***
 
"That's her, shes the one" He spoke from the shadows of the nearby trees of the small cottage."Are you sure?" Another voice asked. "Positive. How could anyone not see her beauty. How could anyone not see her perfection even from far away.. But there's something strange about her, I just can't put my finger on it." 
 
"What is it baek?" 
 
"I don't know, but I'm going to find out." The two drifted back into the darkness of the shadows and left without a trace. 
 

Hi! How did you find the first chapter? Interesting enough? I hope so (: 

Please comment, subscribe, upvote etc! Thankyou~~

~Littlemunchkins xo