Returning

First rain

I want to see you everyday....

I want to see your face when I wake up in the morning....

I want to kiss you and make you happy....

I want you to smile for me and make my life worth living....

 

It almost felt like Siwon's entire life revolved around that wonderful night at the festival. He kept replaying the events that had happened last night as if watching a video and putting it on infinite loops of repeat. He wasnt in the mood to come out of his euphoria yet. Kyuhyun's bright smile that lit up his beautiful face, his glowing complexion and his plump lips that looked so enticing had literally driven him to insanity. He rolled over on his bed and sighed heavily thinking for how long he can control his emotions. He became aware of the chance that he had so miserably failed to grasp last night to confess his feelings once and for all. He had had just the perfect setting, ambience and timing to pour his heart out at the festival. Anyway he thought up ways to make up for it. He wanted to take Kyuhyun out again to a quiet dinner and profess his love. That would just be the perfect thing to do. Isnt that how it went by in the movies?

 

Whack! Whack! Stupid!

You're unoriginal Siwon! Pull a stunt like that and you'll die a pathetic bachelor!

 

But after all these days of staying as "friends", Siwon had realised just one thing. That Kyuhyun liked simplicity. Just a simple confession would suffice but his heart ached to do more since it was because of Kyuhyun that he had thought of giving a second chance for love to creep in. According to him, Kyuhyun deserved to be pampered and made special. Suddenly the prospect of an impending confession sounded exciting for him as he bolted up straight from bed and went into a deep thought. His thoughts then wandered off to when Kyuhyun actually said that he would come to the rink from the following week. That was it! He decided to come out honestly and confess his feelings for good this time. And what better place to make it all the more memorable than the rink!? That was where he had laid his eyes on the sheer marvel that was Cho Kyuhyun.

 

Acquainting himself to happy thoughts of his budding love life, he relaxed back into the comforts of his soft bed and let his eyelids droop and slip into a peaceful sleep tonight.

 

Meanwhile, Kyuhyun was busy practising his routine with Hankyung. Since the summer break is gonna be over soon, it wouldnt take that long for the prelim dates to be announced and soon he would be facing the greatest challenges of his life. So before that day came, he wanted to be strong and fit enough to continue without burning out.

 

They decided to take a break and grab a bite after the strenuous routine. Hankyung was glad to notice the sudden change in Kyuhyun's behaviour. He had started to take things more seriously and was readily taking his medicines on time instead of stalling or completely forgetting about them. He was also glad to notice that Kyuhyun's stamina had improved a lot since the last time. Now all he needed was God's grace, to give Kyuhyun that extra luck which he so badly needed.

 

"Seonsangnim can I go practise in the rink from tomorrow?" Kyuhyun asked.

 

"Of course Kyu. Go ahead!" Hankyung said and Kyuhyun beamed happily at his consent and took a large bite out of his sandwich.

 

"Seems like a certain someone is dying to see you practise, eh?" Hankyung asked mockingly and Kyuhyun choked on his food in response. His mentor had taken him completely by surprise by asking him.

 

"Ugh! Well...its..um..." he fumbled to form a coherent reply but failed miserably as Hankyung chuckled.

 

"He even gifted you a brand new pair of skates......." Hankyung wiggled his eyebrows and teased his student.

 

"Ah adorable Kyunnie! You amuse me so!" Hankyung teased and ruffled Kyu's soft hair.

 

"Seonsangnim! Stop teasing me" Kyuhyun whined. "Alright! Alright! I wont. Now for some serious talk! I've added a few more moves to your routine and its all in this SD card. I am giving it to you so that you might wanna check it out later. Keep this with you at all times and be careful. Dont lose it like the last time!" Hankyung instructed and Kyuhyun cringed at the memory of him dropping the previous one into the college toilet by accident and flushing it down. After that he had to listen to a mouthful from his teacher.

 

"I...had....to..take a leak...big time! It was an accident!" he said and blushed out of embarrasment.

 

"Ya ..ya you told that a million times over already! Just be careful this time" Hankyung said and left for his room. "Argh! Sometimes I wonder why I ever got stuck with him! Crazy old man!" Just when Kyuhyun thought that he had passed a snide comment under his breath, he heard Hankyung yelling from outside the practise room "I heard that!" Kyuhyun stuck his tongue out immediately.

 

"And I am not OLD!" Hankyung added before disappearing into his room again. Without wasting time, Kyuhyun dashed off into his room before he got into more trouble.

 

The next day, Siwon had to be at his office a little earlier than usual since there had been an important meeting. So he got up early, got dressed, had his breakfast and got out in time to catch an early bus to the office. But as he approached Kyuhyun's house, he stopped just as he had gotten used to for a while now by force of habit completely forgetting about the fact that the college student was on a summer break from college. He then slapped the back of his head realising that subtle technicality a second later and continued his walk towards the bus stop, all the while smiling like a complete idiot.

 

What have you done to me Cho Kyuhyun? I dont seem to be myself these days.......

 

"I have found myself after getting lost in you!" Siwon wondered loudly as he waited for his bus to arrive.

 

" Normally I would welcome such a compliment but I think I'll pass for now. All this travelling has had a toll on my digestion and I dont think I can handle your cheese first thing in the morning!" Siwon heard someone talking from behind and the voice sounded awefully familiar. Turning around, he was met with a dazzling smile and a pair of glittering orbs.

 

"D..Do..Donghae! Its you!" Siwon squeaked a bit from surprise. Donghae engulfed him in a tight hug and said "Yes..Its me..D..Do..Donghae! You idiot!" and landed a playful arm punch at his friend.

 

"Ouch! I thought you were coming tomorrow!" Siwon said and winced as he rubbed the spot that Donghae had hit a while ago.

 

"In other words...you didnt want to see me at all!? Is that right? You didnt miss me at all, you whimp!" Donghae barked and raised his hand to land another painful one on Siwon's head but Siwon was quick to react and ducked.

 

"I said no such thing!" Siwon reasoned as Donghae 'tsk'ed.

 

"I read between the lines! And by the way, where are you headed off to this early? Its barely 7:30!" Donghae asked.

 

"I have a meeting with my boss. When did you get here anyway?" Siwon asked.

 

"Just this morning. I figured I didnt have my car to ride back home so I decided to take public transportation for a change! Ha ha..." The bursty smile that was so akin to Donghae right from college days got rid of Siwon's morning blues. He had missed his best friend when he had gone to Busan for an important photoshoot. But the best part about all this was that he had gotten to spend some quality time together with Kyuhyun.

 

" So how did the photoshoot go for you? Charmed any leggy lasses while you were at it?" Siwon teased.

 

"I wished! But I got constantly reminded of his beautiful face again and again! Skimpily clad babes dont excite me anymore!" Donghae replied. Siwon held a confused expression when Donghae mentioned this but was quick to recover when he recalled about his best friend's supposed love at first sight.

 

"Ah! The boy again! Say, you didnt quite tell me who the 'unfortunate' soul was whom you'd fallen for!" Siwon asked curiously. Donghae glared at his buddy in return and said "Unfortunate you say!? He'll be the luckiest person in the world to have me as his boyfriend! If he ever reciprocates my feelings that is!"

 

"Alright! Who is it? Whats his name?" Siwon urged enthusiastically. "His name is Ch......*beep*" Donghae said the name but due to the honking of the bus, Siwon hadnt quite grasped it properly. And so he asked again but didnt bother to listen since it was his bus to board. He quickly got inside and settled on his seat as Donghae came near the window and said " Just give me a call after work. I...uh...have something important to tell you!"

 

"What is it?" Due to the hurry Siwon didnt notice the somewhat sullen expression on his best friend's face when he had said that and pressed on for him to tell right away when Donghae nodded and said "I'll tell you when you get back!" That was when Siwon clearly saw Donghae getting a little queasy about whatever he had been wanting to tell him. An uneasy feeling settled in the pit of his stomach as he bid goodbye to Donghae when the bus departed but snapped out of it immediately, pacifying himself that its probably just him overthinking things.

 

And as Donghae waited for his bus to arrive, he couldnt help but feel guilty. He had tried so hard not to get involved in all this especially for Siwon's sake but he had been lured into this mess by force and compulsion.

 

Just how am I gonna tell him!? Oh god! Why me?

 

Meanwhile Siwon's meeting had gone well. He had left his mobile phone on his desk for courtesy sake before the meeting had commenced. And so when he got back to his cabin, he checked for any calls or messages that he had probably received. There had been 4 missed calls from home and 1 from an unknown number. Wondering who could have called him in the morning he thought of redialling and asking for whoever it was that had called him while he was in his meeting. He redialled and heard the ring go on for a few seconds before the call disconnected on its own. Whoever the caller was, he/she hadnt answered it making Siwon anxious. Shrugging it off as someone who could have called him wrongly he called home and spoke to his mom for a while.

 

After hanging up, he went through important files for tenders and other stuffs to take care of completely forgetting about the anonymous caller. He then decided to take a break by reading the newspaper. And as he skimmed through the pages, a particular ad claimed his attention. The ad had been about a pet's home that was willing to sell cute kittens and puppies that they had been nurturing for a while. Suddenly an idea struck him. Why not have a cute little puppy similar to Kyuhyun's Thomas as his own. It would totally be adorable to have a pet like that and would seem like possessing "couple pets" albeit the fact still remained that he and Kyuhyun were far from becoming couples as of now. But the mere thought of it excited him and hoped that Kyuhyun would hopefully get some hint about his feelings towards him indirectly.

 

Quickly grabbing his phone lying on his desk, he punched in the contact number of the care centre and enquired the details. Finally settling things, the incharge of the centre agreed to make ready a cute little pomeranian just for him and asked him to come and get her within this weekend. Agreeing to it, Siwon thanked the person and hung up. His thoughts drifted off to when he and Kyuhyun would take both their pets out for a leisurely stroll around the neighbourhood and enjoy their time as a couple.

 

In the evening, immediately after his day at the office was done Siwon decided to call Donghae as he had been asked to. The phone rang for a while before Donghae picked up saying "Hey bro! Whats up?"

 

"What do you mean 'whatsup'? You were the one who wanted to tell me something! So spill it!" Siwon said.

 

"Uh! Oh yeah....I um..wanted to..ask you....Could you come to the cafe in your neighbourhood? We can talk there!" Donghae said and Siwon was thrown off guard as to why his friend was stammering a lot like this! As far as he knew, Donghae was the definition of boldness and he had always come out in the open about whatever he wanted to convey without any hesitation. And so Siwon could deduct this much that the situation that posed was rather serious if not grave. He even thought of instances where Donghae could have gotten into some serious trouble and had wanted him to help him out.

 

Something must have happened in Busan! He thought.

 

"Donghae! Are you alright? Are you in some sort of trouble?" Siwon asked worriedly. His concern, quite genuinely conveyed to Donghae on the other end.

 

I am not in trouble....You are! All because of me!

I am sorry Siwon.....So sorry!

 

"Are you crazy? Of course I am fine. Just make it to the cafe and I'll tell you everything" Donghae was quick to recover from his reverie and his voice was poised enough to calm down Siwon for the time being.

 

"Alright. I'll be there as soon as I can. See you!" and he hung up.

 

Donghae sighed heavily and braced himself for the worst case scenario. He only hoped his best friend wouldnt hate him after this. Getting ready, he set out of his rich home as he received an incoming message stating that the person would be waiting for him at the cafe. Ruffling his hair in sheer nervousness, he set off in his car to meet that person. He drove to his destination quickly and parked his car nearby and waited for a while. Soon minutes turned an hour but still there was no sign of that person or Siwon.

 

Already I am tensed like this and these two are stalling like hell! Lee Donghae, you have an uncanny ability to get into sticky situations so easily! Argh!

 

Just when he thought his day couldnt get any worse, it turned completely the other way around once he saw a certain someone walking in his direction while talking to someone on the phone.

 

~~~~~

 

Later in the evening Kyuhyun decided to go to the skating rink and practise for a while. He asked whether Hankyung would come but was told that he had some important things to take care of regarding the construction of the annex building next to his academy. So he decided to go and practise on his own. He tried calling Siwon but it appeared as though he had been busy with another call. Thinking of calling him later to ask whether he could come to the rink this evening, he pulled out the brand new pair of skates that he had been so fondly gifted by the handsome man. He thought of giving these shiny pair of skates a try tonight.

 

Humming a tune happily, he stepped out and began walking towards the rink, carrying a bag that contained his water bottle, skates and a portable MP3 player. Walking a few feet away from his house, he decided to try to call Siwon again hoping to get through this time. To his good fortune, the call got connected and he was met with the rushed voice of Siwon.

 

"Hello? Kyuhyun?" Siwon asked.

 

"Erm its me! I called you a while ago but I guess you were busy in another call. I just called to tell you that I am on my way to the rink now as we speak and also to ask you..if...you ..could..um...if you would come tonight?" Kyuhyun asked shyly.

 

"Oh really! But .....erm..I am sorry Kyuhyun, I have to meet up with someone important. You have no idea how bad I feel for not being able to turn up." Siwon said.

 

"Oh thats too bad! And please dont apologise or feel bad for it. You can make it tomorrow!" Kyuhyun said. He was sad but was being incredibly understanding for Siwon's sake. Afterall, the last thing that he had wanted to do was make him feel guilty for it.

 

"I am gonna be trying out the skates that you had gifted, you know!" he added and was happy to hear Siwon's laughter in return.

 

"Ah man! You are relentlessly trying to make me guilty on purpose. Now I feel even worse for not making it to the rink!" Kyuhyun could almost feel the pout that made its way to Siwon's lips and chuckled slightly.

 

"Ha ha...Like I said. You can come tomorrow! And why arent you home yet? Its late already!" Kyuhyun asked.

 

"*sigh* Dont even ask! I am stuck in the most ginormous traffic of the century!." Siwon replied.

 

"Oh! Well get home safely! I'll see you tomorrow. Bye!"

 

Listening to Siwon hanging up, he proceeded towards the rink. On the way, he felt as though someone was following him. He turned around a couple times to see if someone really was stalking him but shrugged the feeling aside and reached the rink quickly. He then settled on a bench and wore his new skates admiring them for a bit before going a few rounds around on the icy floor. From his peripheral vision, he saw a flashlight indicating that someone was indeed taking photos of him while skating. Halting his routine, he went near to see who the person was.

 

And as he came near, he was surprised to notice who it was.

 

"Its you! Um....What's your name again?" Kyuhyun asked. His memory failing him miserably.

 

"Argh! Its Lee Donghae. And I dont need to think twice before your name comes to my lips because its all thats been on them since I laid my eyes on you! Cho Kyu...hyun!" Donghae said emphasising each syllable. Kyuhyun felt fidgety and blushed at the blatantly flirtatious comment.

 

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder indeed! You've gotten a lot cuter since the last time I saw you!" Kyuhyun wondered if there was any limits to Donghae's unending cheese.

 

"Um...Were you the one stalking me just now?" Kyuhyun asked expectantly.

 

"I am not sure if 'stalking' is an appropriate word but I'd like to call it 'pursuing'. Its got a gentler ring to it. Dont you think?" Donghae asked back.

 

"And why were you taking pictures of me? Its rude!" Kyuhyun pressed on but Donghae sighed.

 

"Sorry to have made you uneasy but its part of who I am. I am a professional photographer! And my hands seem to have a mind of their own when a thing of beauty passes by my field of view. And as you know, its human nature to stop by and appreciate beauty in any form!" Donghae replied.

 

"Now you tell me.......Will I be put in jail for this 'criminal offense'?" Donghae urged and all Kyuhyun could do was to look defenseless and utterly vulnerable.

 

"Um......Excuse me. I have to practise!" Kyuhyun said and skated away from him.

 

"Carry on! I am just an innocent spectator here!" Donghae yelled back and sat on a bench clicking pictures every now and then as Kyuhyun performed his routine. He really had to be somewhere important at the moment but it seemed as though as soon as he saw Kyuhyun again, he had completely forgotten about his commitment.

 

Oh well...I am sure Siwon wouldnt mind if I make a slight detour.....He is running late afterall!

 

~~~~~


I am laughing my out at the dialogues that I had given to Donghae. He got away with the best ones that I could possibly think of concocting! Imposing idiot!

Anyway I think most of you would have probably gotten an idea by the end of this chapter about who the 'mystery' person could be! I know most of you would have! My readers are geniuses afterall...kekeke...

I am giving you all a chance to let your imaginations run wild and keep guessing till the next update!

And even if Donghae got away with the cheesy pick up lines, I would give the title of "The Best Romantic" to our handsome prince for coming up with the idea of adopting a pet! /squeals/

Comments are welcome as always guys....Enjoy reading!