Meeting

First rain

Love had been something like a taboo for the handsome Choi Siwon. Atleast thats what he had thought it was ever since his girlfriend of four years dumped him for the son of a billionaire and ever since then he had avoided falling in love like the plague. His love for her had been as pure as the first fleck of untainted snowflake on a cold winter's night. He saw her and only her but apparently the feeling hadnt been mutual since she had set her eyes on someone "far worthy" according to her. Someone who would nod and willfully succumb to each and every one of her demands. Someone whose pockets were so fat with money. Apparently Choi Siwon was anything but rich. But he wasnt a destitute for all he cared either. He came from a reasonably middle class family of clerks and was himself accustomed to a peaceful clerical job for a multi million insurance corporate for the past five years. 

 

His tryst with love had been shortlived and painful. His mother and father had tried setting him up with prospective brides but each and everyone of the proposal got aborted prematurely as Siwon was simply unyielding. Now at the age of 30 and still no sign of finding the "right one" yet, he succumbed to the daily monotonous job of accounting, filing and totalling because apparently according to his parents, he had gotten married to his job. Hence the blatant neglect towards his impending and inevitable family life.

 

"How long are you planning to stay single?" asked his mother.

 

"Why cant you forget about her and move on?" asked his father.

 

"Everyone deserves a second chance to experience love Siwon. Even you do" adviced his next door neighbour.

 

"So what if she ditched you? You're still young, handsome and healthy. Just consider it as her loss and move on." adviced his friends, some of whom have gotten married while some even had children.

 

Move on.....Move on.....Gah! My head hurts!

I cant move on for 's sake! ....Why cant anyone understand it and just leave me alone???

 

Unfortunately these had been trying times for Siwon. It had been almost two years since he had broken up but the wounds were still fresh as ever and everytime he reminisced about it, a part of him broke off and crumbled like a cookie. For how long was he supposed to endure the pain? For how long can he ignore the fact that his first and one true love had not been reciprocated but instead had been scrunched up like a useless blank sheet of paper, thrown on the cold, heartless ground and trampled over multiple times. Because of this, Siwon had withdrawn himself into a shell and it was almost as if he had completely given up on the whole wide world. He no longer had a social life, hardly talked to his colleagues, hardly maintained contacts with his college friends and completely immersed himself in work and when it was time to retire for the day, he went straight back home but had no interest in conversations with his parents over dinner.

 

His mother and father eventually had no choice but to set an appointment with a qualified psychiatrist as they had feared that he would have been traumatised psychologically and one fine day he had been asked to go for a consultation. That had unfortunately led to an ugly turn of events. The altercation that he had with his parents over their decision to send him to the psychiatrist had literally riled up Siwon's temper.

 

"I am mentally sane. There is no need for any consultation. Period." Siwon lashed out at his unsuspecting parents and stormed into his room where he had himself on house arrest for the weekend. It was almost as if he had been living his life as it is for namesake otherwise he would have even contemplated suicide. Another week had gone by but finally Siwon had been struck with an idea so wacky that he hadnt even dared try it before in his entire life. Very conveniently though, he found his feet dragging himself towards a night bar after a hard day's work. Afterall the poor guy's mood and mental ambience had been shattered and battered by the . Who wouldnt wanna indulge in some booze at this juncture, eh? 

 

A little alcohol is okay.....Right? Siwon wondered as it was his first time.

 

Hesitantly he pushed the front door open and let himself in as he felt his inner voice being muffled by the blaring music of the club. His eyesight got hazy and clouded by the neon lights, his nose crinkled on its own accord as the first few wafts of alcohol laden air teased his nostrils. Bodies were stuck as if by glue and were writhing and swaying to the club music as bartenders juggled containers after containers, pouring the acidic liquids of various colours into shot glasses. The club had been quite packed and Siwon had a hard time maneuvring past the people without getting his or something private of his d by mindless . In fact the whole blanket of air inside the club had been humid and thick that it made him gag and suffocate. Somewhere at the back of his mind, his inner voice recoiled "Maybe it was a mistake coming here. I am not cut out for a place like this!"

 

Suddenly he felt himself being pulled away by his arm from the crowd by an anonymous person. The person forcefully swivelled Siwon onto a nearby barstool and faced him.

 

"Choi Siwon you bastard! Have you been alive till now?" the man seethed at him in anger.

 

Squinting and blinking a couple of times to get accustomed to the lightings, as if he himself had downed a few pegs of tequila, his vision cleared and almost immediately he recognised who it really was. It had been Donghae, Lee Donghae, one of his college buddies with whom he had spent most of his "wild days" in college, psh!. 

 

"Donghae! Hey hows it.."Siwon began as Donghae jabbed a finger at him and said "Hey yourself you dweeb! Where have you been all these years? I was beginning to think you've crawled into a mole hole or something. Everything ok?"

 

Donghae's constant barking and limited attention span to frivolous bickering had always been a trademark of his. He was a complete no nonsense person or so he thought. And so Siwon's hopes of pacifying the vivacious Donghae with his lame excuses went out the window. He was left with no choice but to narrate his sob story as Donghae had been all too willing. By the time he had ended with a dramatic pause, Donghae had held an incredulous expression. 

 

"That friggin' ditched you for a pimp? Well Jessica did have sort of a reputation but I thought she had changed for the better as soon as she started dating you!" Donghae sympathised while ordering a pair of shots.

 

As soon as the shots made their appearance, Donghae shoved one into Siwon's hand and signalled him to go for it. Muttering the name of his guardian angel and bracing himself up for surge, Siwon downed it one gulp and felt his entire gastric track burning as the liquid dribbled past his throat. Gagging and retching dryly for a couple of times as his system fiercely fought against the foreign sensation Siwon gulped down his saliva to ease the undesirable feeling. Donghae chuckled as he saw the discomfort, afterall he knew that right from his college days Siwon had always refrained from alcohol. They managed to catch up for all that lost time.

 

"Dude! You're still the same. For all I know, it is suicidal for a person like you to even come here. I mean look at you, you look like you're already heady from sniffing around and ready to pass out!" Donghae exclaimed. But Siwon didnt mind unleashing his adventurous side just for tonight.

 

Giggling like a high school girl, Siwon downed another shot and then some more. Donghae mentally facepalmed and thought that at this rate, Siwon would be hung over for a week mostly. Just as Siwon demanded for another shot, Donghae held back his arm and refused a refill from the bartender. A subliminal whine had erupted from Siwon as he found the bartender withdrawing to serve other customers. After what seemed like hours, the crowd started exiting the club but Siwon seemed like he was knocked out big time. Fortunately Donghae had tremendous tolerance to booze and so he offered to help Siwon get home safely even as Siwon swayed and flailed his arms haphazardly as they walked on the streets. 

 

"Aish! Stop flailing you idiot...Whoa! We almost got run over....Ugh! Stay still...No no no...DONT.....PUKE...on my....PRECIOUS.....PRADA!" Donghae screeched as Siwon's puke spilled over a little on his high class limited edition pair of shoes. He held Siwon's office bag in his hand as the final wave of nausea had died down. Making Siwon sit on a bench, Donghae had bought a bottle of water from the convenience store a few feet away and made him drink it and wash his face with it. Sighing heavily he plopped himself beside Siwon on the bench and said while pouring the remaining water in the bottle to wash away the nasty stuff off his shoes."This will probably be the first and last time that I would go drinking with you. Handling amateur drinkers isnt really my cup of tea and especially when they are over six feet something tall!"

 

Catching his breath, Siwon added "I really apologise for all the trouble I've caused you Donghae!" with a sullen tone. 

 

"Nah! Its fine I guess! And anyway, you seriously need to get a life. I tell you what, why dont you and I go to the skating rink tomorrow. Its summer anyway and we both could use some chillin' out 'ya know! And probably go somewhere else too afterwards. Now dont you give me excuses since its the weekend and I know that you would be free." Donghae ordered jabbing a finger at Siwon while Siwon protested saying this and that.

 

"You're coming and thats final! As long as you're with me I will never ever let you mope around like a sorry cat" Donghae commanded and got up from the bench.

 

"*sigh* I guess I am coming then since I dont have a choice" Siwon got up to leave as well.

 

"Darn right you are. And are you sober enough to head home on your own? 'Coz I dont mind accompanying you" Donghae offered and started walking along with Siwon.

 

"No no its fine! I didnt drink enough to pass out anyway. I can handle myself and besides my house is only a few blocks away" Siwon said.

 

"You didnt drink enough?? Ha! Dude you were probably seeing stars by the second shot you downed tonight! Anyway I'll see you there tomorrow. Be there or prepare to square up." Donghae said and left him.

 

After a long while, Siwon had had a great time. Aside from being a little woozy from the alcohol, everything that had happened tonight had been quite eventful and he felt like he was alive again. Not even for once did he think about his breakup with Jessica when Donghae had been with him. The exhilarating feeling of his renewed friendship with Donghae had opened up his hopes to move on and nurse his broken heart back to full health. And for that he didnt feel sorry that he had ended up in a nighclub. It was all worth it. 

 

As soon as he reached home at nearly 12:30 a.m, his mother threw a fit when she saw Siwon's shirt haphazardly jutting out of his pant, his tie loosened up, the two buttons at the top opened up, his face flushed, his eyes glazed over and his hair dishevelled. Struggling and swaying forward a bit, his mother gripped his arm to support him and led him to his room. Of all these years, this had been the first time she had seen Siwon this miserable. Sighing heavily as she let a tear drop stray down her cheek, she took off his shoes, socks and finally let him take a deep slumber, something that had been evading him ever since the breakup. After a long time, Siwon had a good night's sleep while Jessica seemed like a distant memory.

 

The next morning......It was time for him to go meet Donghae at the skating rink. As he dressed up and met his parents downstairs, he greeted them a good morning and told them that he was heading out to meet a friend. Surprised enough at his cheerful outlook and even more surprised at the tone that he used to address them this morning, his parents felt relief wash over them and took it as a sign that his son had indeed taken his first step to move on and live his life to the fullest.

 

He wolfed down the Onion Pajeon that his mother had made for breakfast and rushed out towards his destination. As he headed out, he couldnt help but feel even the morning rays of the sun burning his skin. 

 

Summer really is starting to pick up....Better stock up on some sunblock with extra high SPF....

 

The skating rink was at a walkable distance from his home and he had reached in time if not even sooner than scheduled. Arriving there, Siwon felt the cool air of the rink providing relief to his sun burnt skin. The rink was a pretty decent one and the cooling system was state of the art. Every year people from the neighbourhood and far off come here during summer break to have fun and the business always had been profitable during peak summer days. He could see people gliding past while some who hadnt tried skating before tumbled down on the slippery icy floor. All around him he could see people smiling, laughing and enjoying their time there. Siwon had taken this as a sign, a sign that was telling him to live life happily instead of wallowing in self pity. Suddenly he had this unbelievable urge to break free and let loose, forget about all his miseries and take in a breath of fresh air to rejuvenate and reboot his system. With determination, he fixed his scarf around his neck, braced his woolly beanie and straightened up his sweater.

 

He had waited a while more for Donghae to join him but it seemed that he was running a little late. Hence he took it as an opportunity to try out a few laps himself. He asked for a pair of skates from the provision store inside the indoor skating rink and tried them on. As he stood up, he wobbled a bit but was quick to regain balance. It had been a long time since he had skated on the ice but he wasnt all that well versed in it nevertheless. He set himself free as he slid past little children and teenagers on the vast expanse of hard as rock ice. His scarf swayed in the cool breeze as he whizzed away slightly but confidently picking up speed. The cool air tickled the tips of his nose and the exposed parts of his face as he felt goosebumps making their way out in response. After two or three laps, he slowed down a bit but continued to slide on the ice aimlessly. And as he had passed by a couple of teenagers, he heard them talking out loud about someone out there who was apparently showing off some fancy moves.

 

Turning his head in the direction in which those kids had pointed, he laid his eyes on that certain someone and stopped abruptly in the middle. It had been a boy with messy chocolate brown curls, almost as tall as Siwon was, with the most beautiful skin tone that Siwon had ever laid his eyes on. The boy was pale, almost as pale as the white ice floor and his dark brows and hair were in stark contrast to his complexion. He was quite the lanky one and had been dressed in warm hunter green turtle neck skin hugging sweater that had accentuated his long neck, paired with thick brown slacks while his long slender fingers were snug inside a pair of black gloves. His slightly lengthy brown hair swayed about revealing his milky white beautiful forehead. 

 

As soon as Siwon had snapped out from admiring the gorgeous young lad who was currently awing the audience with his mastery over the icy floor, he noticed just how graceful and elegant his moves were on the ice that made his lithe figure look even more desirable. From this distance Siwon couldnt manage to get a glimpse of the boy's face, hence he moved a little bit closer. The boy slid, swivelled, turned, twirled, slalomed, jumped up high and then landed on the ice gracefully like a snow fairy. But as he bowed and slid in his skates, he didnt know that he was about to go on a collision course with Siwon. And he had realised it all too slowly as his body came crashing and bringing down Siwon with him on the cold floor. Siwon held the boy's slim body tightly within his embrace as he braced for impact. Siwon made contact with the icy floor while the boy collapsed on top of him as his body was splayed all over Siwon's rigid torso.

 

Gathering his strength, the boy tried pushing himself off Siwon and finally made eye contact with him. And Siwon just felt deja'vu all over again as a familiar feeling that he had been suppressing for a long time started tugging his heart at that instant. The boys beautiful pixie face was framed by the chocolate bangs that hung loosely over his forehead. His eyes had a beautiful swirl of warm brown colour and were staring at him intently if not shockingly. Siwon's eyes roamed over the boy's soft and podgy cheeks, his pink, plumpy lips that were slightly parted as his breath in mild pants fanned Siwon's face. 

 

"Um...Ex...Excuse me." the boy said shyly and got a hum from Siwon as his reply.

 

Further emphasising his point by pushing away from Siwon's chest, he said "Could you ....let go of me?"

 

It was then that Siwon had realised that despite the attempts of that boy to stand up, Siwon had been holding his waist and not letting him go. 

 

"Oh! I am sorry...Oof!" as the boy lifted himself off, the momentum made Siwon crash back onto the floor with a thud. "Oh dear...Here! Hold my hand" the boy offered while Siwon accepted it and pulled himself off the ground.

 

"I am sorry I didnt look where I was going. You're not hurt anywhere are you?" the boy asked out of concern.

 

Siwon felt like he had caved in six feet under as soon as he studied the boy's features closely and couldnt help but wonder how a guy could possibly have feminine features!. And he mentally slapped himself for being so head over heels for Jessica who had been the campus favorite. 

 

Jessica could just get married to a koala and kick puppies for all I care....

 

Jessica cant even be compared to the boy. He was exuding beauty and elegance from all possible angles. Right from his forehead, his sparkling eyes and the almost unnoticeable tiny mole under his right eye, his sharp nose, his juicy lips and the cute little dimple that peeked out from time to time, his smooth and pale cheeks, his slended neck, to his tall and lanky frame. In short, Siwon was a goner! In fact his heart started beating at a frantic pace as soon as he had seen the boy slide across the ice so gracefully. He had become Siwon's own Ice Prince....

 

"Hey Mr. Are you ok? Say something!" the boy repeated and Siwon snapped from his reverie.

 

"Ugh! Ya I .....I'm ok. Are you?" Siwon asked and the boy nodded as he placed his hands on his hips.

 

"You were so beau....ah! I mean your moves looked beautiful. Are you a professional?" Siwon asked curiously.

 

"Well...Not yet but very soon! I am training under the country's best figure skating legend at the moment!" the boy exclaimed as Siwon even marvelled over the boy's voice.

 

 What I am feeling right now, is it ok to feel it towards a boy? Is this feeling the exact same thing that I had felt for Jessica???

 

"Um...I am Choi Siwon by the way. Nice to meet you.."

 

"My name is Cho Kyuhyun. Its nice to meet you too Siwon-ssi" the boy smiled a glorious smile as Siwon felt his heart leap and soar like a bird. Coincidentally though, it had started raining outside all of a sudden and Siwon felt his dry and parched heart painfully accepting the first few drops of love  at first sight trickling and quenching his thirst and yearning, much like how everyone expects the first summer shower after a scorching heat wave.


Siwon and Kyuhyun's dramatic encounter!!!

This is gonna be your every day clich'e sappy romantic story with a tinge of angst...hu hu..T.T

But rest assured, I wont make it angsty beyond redemption...

What about Donghae? Siwon got so engrossed in Kyuhyun that he had forgotten all about his friend...Ha ha >.<

Do give it a read and drop in comments....Also thank you subbers, you've been too gracious and kind..

Love you all...<3