introduction.

My Secret Idol Life (hiatus for a while)

"let me shine"

Jewel Ban (1999)

15 is an age where your mid-teenage days bloom. for most people, it's a time to have your first love and even your first kiss. it is an age where trouble doesn't seem to bother.
not in Jewel's case, though. being 15, she instead have to struggle to chase her dream of becoming a respected idol despite her parents' strict rejections and the fact that she know no one in Korea, the foreign land with different language and customs where she has to face all hardships by herself.

credits - contradictori

 

"I'll help you"

Wendy Son(1995)

being the second youngest in the group was never an obstacle for her to be motherly. despite only having one little sister to take care of in actual, but Wendy instead took care of everyone, including her unnies.
being the kind and motherly image of the group and also one of the members that debuted early, Wendy became the one who is hated the least and loved the most.

credits - contradictori

 

"crying is useless."

Vivian Kwon(1994)

call her cold, but she isn't. call her cheerful, but she isn't either. Vivian lived with a 'somewhere in between' personality. quiet, but not mean. caring, but not exactly lovable.
but behind all those, Vivian have to face the fact that she'll somehow remain in the shadows of her cousin, SNSD's Kwon Yuri, not being able to shine with her own talents, for life, perhaps. 

credits - contradictori

 

"what? how?"

Doyeon Yoon(1994)

most of the members envied Doyeon. how could they not? even before her debut, Doyeon has been acknowledged by SM stans after doing a dance stage with BoA during her trainee years, and thus she became one of the most expected trainees.
with her cheerful persona, Doyeon quickly made friends with various artists and she also made it into the variety world. but what she didn't know was that her cheerfulness could blind her eyes from others' situation.

credits - contradictori

 

"you can tell me..."

Yejin Kim(1994)

even though she was not the oldest, but Yejin has the longest training years, and thus gave SM a reason to name her the leader of the group. her motherliness and leadership was another thing, though.
but already being famous as EXO Chanyeol and Kai's ex-girlfriend, Yejin quickly realized that her existence in the entertainment world was rejected by many. in between those, Yejin has to learn how to survive antis while leading a struggling group at the same time.

credits - contradictori

 

"our job is to face it"

Seulgi Kang(1994)

who among SMRookies is most loved by SM? of course, it would be Seulgi. after all, who got the most teaser videos and activites among SMRookes? Seulgi, of course. and of course, this would lead her to be the center of the group. unfortunate, because as the center, she get to have the biggest anti-fandom. and as a plus, she has a history of scandal with Super Junor's Kyuhyun.
in order to face that, Seulgi had learned to remain cool and put on her poker face in any circumstances.

credits - contradictori

 

"you're worth it"

Irene(1991)

in terms of age, Irene is the first in the group. but in terms of anything else, she would rank lower than that. being the member that does aegyo the most, Irene often got mistaken as the childish, cute image of the group, while in reality, she was the girl that the others came to when they're facing problems. well, aside from the leader, of course.
also, being the visual, Irene was one of those who got quite a lot of activities and screentime.

credits - contradictori

 

"we're here for you"

EXO

12 really close and protective big brothers. that's what they were to the 7 rookies. always taking care and protecting them, erasing the distance and formalities between them.
a lot were jealous of the two groups' closeness, just because they were counterparts, and SM arranged many interactions between them.

credits - contradictori

 

"have faith in yourself"

Jaehyun Park(1999)

named one of the cutest managers there is in the K-Pop world, manager Park turned out to be not just about looks. to the 7 girls, he wasn't only some guy who the company assigned to keep track with their schedules, but also an oppa that took care of them like a mother and also a father, all the time. not only that he took care of them, he was also the one who gave them the courage and the strength to do what they thought they couldn't do.

credits - contradictori

 

"you'll make it!"

SMTown Family

all the unnies, oppas, imos, samchons, ahjusshis, ahjummas, halmeonies, and even harabeojies that together grew as close as a family, encouraging each other, caring for each other, and always wiling to lend a helping hand or a shoulder to lean on whenever another is in the need to.

credits - contradictori

 
 
 

author's note

these are the characters I would be using in the story later, just so you can get to know them better and give them some loooove! #slapped
anyways, for the girlband (the one our main character Jewel is in), I've decided to used the name Unit-E, which stands for Unit-EXO (so the girls are technically in the same group as EXO, only different units, get it?). it's pronounced as 'unity'. this was inspired by EXO's motto 'we are one'.
also, the members, they are all girls that I've known as SM trainees, so they have a big chance to really debut in the real world (I've learned that imagining stories with too many oc characters will hurt you bcoz in the end, they'll never turn up #sobs)

credits - contradictori