6

The Mail-Order Bride

Just a short update because thesis is being a .


 

six

 

The read head and Hyukjae turned around at the same time; the latter with a shocked face and the other with a bored one. Donghae took big steps and when he was standing beside the blonde, pulled him against his body and hugged him tight.

“Who are you?” the brunette asked in cold voice, unknowingly making Hyukjae shiver. “Hae..”

“Ssh, Hyuk. I’m here now, okay?”

The red head is now watching them with raised eyebrows, chuckling in amusement mentally as different scenarios played in his head. Well, those two might as well give him a spontaneous time while he’s there. “So, is he your boyfriend Hyukjae?”

The blonde immediately blushed. “Hyung~”

Donghae furrowed his brows. “Hyung?” he felt the other nod in his chest. “Remember the story I told you about Sungmin hyung?”

How could he forget about that? It was the same day they became awkward. “Yeah, I remember.”

Hyukjae hesitantly pulled away from the hug with a pout and reached for Donghae’s hand, before reaching the red head’s and clasping their hands together. “Meet Heechul hyung; Heechul hyung, he’s Donghae, m-my.. my h-husband.”

Heechul’s squeal in excitement was enough for Donghae to tighten his hug around Hyukjae.

“Sorry about your computer by the way, Donghae.”

“Wha..”

So that’s why Heechul’s red Camaro looked so damn familiar.

 

“Have you signed it?”

Donghae stares at Heechul. Heechul stared back. “What?”

The red head rolled his eyes. “I was talking about the contract.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah.”

“And?”

“What?”

“What what?”

“Don’t what what me Lee Donghae, or I might whack your face.”

“Eh.. well.. it’s Hyukjae’s life, you know? I just can’t sign the contract without his consent! What if he wants freedom? Or he likes someone else? And besides, I’m not ready to do that. We barely know each other!”

Heechul seemed to think for a while. “I got your point. It’s just that, it’s one of the requirements of the contract that if you haven’t signed it for a month, Hyukjae will be..”

“It’s not as simple as you think it is.”

“And you only have one week to think.”

“.. I know.”

 

Donghae entered his room with a blank expression.

Jutting his lips out, he opened his nightstand drawer and took out the marriage certificate Sungmin gave him when he first came. He sighed and stared at the paper. Donghae would be married to Hyukjae when he signed it, for real?

He doesn’t even know if the paper he’s holding is legal.

“Hae?”

Donghae smiled and put back the paper inside the drawer. “Is something wrong?”

Hyukjae looked everywhere but him. “I-I’m so sorry Donghae. I didn’t mean to ignore you-“

“Hyukjae?”

The blonde glanced at him, and then back on the floor.

Donghae smiled as he motioned the blonde to sit beside him. When Hyukjae did, he pulled him for a hug. “I understand, okay? Don’t feel sorry anymore.”

Hyukjae’s eyes become teary. “B-but.. is Donghae not angry?”

“No. Donghae isn’t angry, hmm?”

“Really?”

“Really.”

The blonde shifted on his hug and buried his face on Donghae’s neck. “C-can I sleep with you Donghae? Heechul hyung told me ghost stories earlier..”

The brunette chuckled and hugged him tighter. “Okay. I’ll just check downstairs-“

“I already did!”

Donghae stared at the blonde strands of Hyukjae’s hair.

“I-I mean a-after Heechul hyung left I locked all the doors and.. and..”

Just then he realized that the blonde doesn’t want him to leave. He dragged them to lie down the mattress. “Alright. I won’t leave.”

He felt Hyukjae smiled and then his breathing became gradual. “Hae..”

“Hm?”

“Hae…”

When Donghae checked the blonde, he was already asleep.

He kissed Hyukjae’s forehead before drifting off to dreamland.

 

Eight hours later, Donghae found his neck and legs being strangled by a furious Sungmin and Kyuhyun.

“A-ack! W-whaaaaa ack d’d do ‘gain’aaaaaahhh?!?!?!”

The grip on his neck tightened. “Oh, I don’t know, Lee Donghae. You tell me.”

And on this position, Hyukjae woke up. He blinked his eyes cutely as he tries to comprehend the situation. His eyes widened, and the three of them were already thinking of ways on how to calm him down when he started crying, but then his reply made them all think blank; like, really, really blank.

“.. Why didn’t you tell me you’ll give Hae a massage?! I want to do him too!”

And Donghae splutters because holy , the grip on his neck (and his jeans) just got tighter than ever.

 

The heavens must hate him.