4

The Mail-Order Bride

I need a new earphone.


 

four

 

“Please tell me I heard it wrong.”

Donghae gulped as he looks everywhere but the short guy.

“TELL ME!”

Donghae jump in his seat and onto Hyukjae’s lap, much to the irritation of the two guys in front of him. Kyuhyun was giving him menacing glares, while the short guy – clad in pink shirt, pants, footwear, accessories and contact lenses (isn’t that a little bit too much?) was giving him a disapproving look.

Maybe he should introduce the newcomer first.

According to the cute and lovable Hyukjae, his name is Lee Sungmin – one of the highest-prized ‘bride’ the company that runs the shop ever hold of. He was the epitome of a perfect housewife­­ – cute and beautiful (for a guy), loves to cook and clean the house, knew how to treat people well and, as Sungmin himself bluntly puts it, a adventurer.

Sungmin’s prize was so high that nobody could buy him (as Sungmin himself bluntly puts it – again).

So when the pink-haired male got tired of waiting, he merged with Hyukjae as a package and was put immediately on the shop’s website. It was on the contract that Sungmin being the merger, he would arrive at the buyer’s address a week after.

2 minutes later after the package was posted, a drunken Donghae ordered Hyukjae.

End of story.

Not.

 

“Sungmin-hyung~” Hyukjae whined and, to Donghae’s horror, hugged him tightly as he nuzzled his chin on the brunette’s neck. “It may be true that he was drunk and accidentally ordered me, but he’s taking care of me very well. He doesn’t yell or hurt me even if I destroyed things inside his shop and his house, he’s patient and always helping me adjust to things that I encounter for the first time. So please.. don’t hurt him~?”

Kyuhyun and Sungmin almost melted on their spots.

“Then what should we do with this?”

Donghae sighed as he snatched the paper from the pink guy.

“Donghae?”

Donghae snapped out of his thoughts, folds the paper and hid inside his book on the nightstand. He then held Hyukjae’s hands. “Let’s think about this first, okay?” The blonde smiled and nods.

“Very well.” The pink guy mumbled. He turns to Kyuhyun, who exchanged meaningful glances at him. Sungmin raised his eyebrows and nodded. “Hyukjae, I’ll be staying at Kyuhyun’s house. Are you fine being alone with this mongrel?

Hyukjae turns to them and pouted. “Hyung! He’s not a mongrel! He’s Donghae! Lee Donghae!”

Sungmin rolled his eyes.

“Whatever.”

 

~

 

“Cho Kyuhyun, right?”

Kyuhyun flinched in his seat and nodded. Sungmin raised an eyebrow and then smirked. “You know, I don’t bite people.. except if they want me to. But sometimes they are the one who bites me.” He purrs and giggles.

The curly haired guy gulped and willed away the disturbing mental images. He continues driving towards his house, unaware of the sad glance the pink guy was giving him.

“Stop the car.”

Kyuhyun blinked and turn to him, still maneuvering the steering wheel. “What?”

Sungmin sighed. “Stop the car. I’m going down.”

“Why?”

“Just do it.”

Kyuhyun gave him a disapproving look but stopped the car. Sungmin immediately got out, carrying his pink duffel bag and pink suitcase with him. As he started walking away, Kyuhyun followed him. “Where are you going?” he asked.

Sungmin grunted and turned to him. “3487 + 9745?”

“13232.”

“See? You aren’t an idiot.” He lifted his duffel bag and gave him a mocking look. “If I saw someone walking on the streets carrying a bag and a suit case, what impression do you think I would think about that person?”

“Uhm, that that person was finding a hotel or apartment?”

Sungmin scoffs and walks away.

“But you said you’re going to stay at my house!”

“I’m not that insensitive. I know if a person doesn’t like me or not. So really, thanks, but no thanks.” He started walking away again, but Kyuhyun pulls his suit case and sat on it, crossing his legs to put a -you’re-not-going-anywhere look.

“1 + 1?”

“2.”

Kyuhyun chuckles. “See? You aren’t an idiot either.” Sungmin glares and kicks his foot, but the other was able to stop his legs by his.

Now, being tangled with other person’s leg is not that intimate – but do it in public and you sure would blush.

“Let go.” Sungmin hissed.

Kyuhyun crossed his arms and tighten their entangled legs. “If I’m a psycho and I saw a person looking lost and carrying a pink bag and a suit case, what do you think I’ll do?”

“You are not putting my words against me.”

The younger gave him a challenged look.

“Fine. You’ll rob me?”

Sungmin flinched in slight fear as Kyuhyun let out a loud, menacing laugh.

“No. I’ll probably rip your bag and suitcase by my teeth because I don’t like pink.”

“ you.”

Kyuhyun chuckles softly and grabs Sungmin’s suit case, before putting his arms around the pink guy’s shoulder. “Sorry, but I don’t bottom.”

 

A howl could be heard miles away as someone was kicked in his groin.

 

Short intro for KyuMin. Comments?