5

The Mail-Order Bride

Sareh not sareh.


 

five

 

Sungmin, as Donghae further learned from Hyukjae, was supposed to be his second ‘wife’ because he comes with the blonde on the contract. But Hyukjae also told the brunette that it’s actually his choice since he ‘bought’ the two of them (Donghae was internally groaning as the blonde pouts while explaining that part).

“But it’s Kyuhyun’s money, not mine.”

The blonde cutely juts his lips out while thinking. “Well, yes. But our company doesn’t really care wherever the buyer gets his money.”

He cringed a little. “Is that contract even legal?”

Hyukjae gave him a wide smile.

 

“One way to know if Sungmin hyung is coming is when you met a series of unlucky events.” Hyukjae explained to him one random day while tending the front garden of the shop.

Keeping the hose away from them, Donghae remembered the day he first met the pink guy. “Seriously?” he asked, unsure.

The blonde nodded grimly and pursed his lips cutely. “The first time it happened, Heechul hyung and I were shopping at the mall in Incheon. Out of nowhere, a chair suddenly flew past us and we were just like, ‘Whoa! What was that?!’, and then we ignored it and then suddenly one of the coffee shops’ machine blew off! And then one of the designs on the ceiling drop right in front of us! It’s really scary! Heechul hyung even joked about it at first and said it was greetings for Sungmin, but we were really, REALLY shocked when it happened again! That time we were at the train station..”

Donghae lost himself on Hyukjae’s hilariously adorable expressions and exaggerated gestures as he goes on with his story – unaware of his hands holding the hose.

“-and Heechul hyung almost tripped before the train! We- DONGHAE OH MY GOD THE PLANTS ARE DROWNING!!!”

Donghae jumped out from his thoughts and dazedly fumbled to turn off the hose, but apparently luck was on his side that day because he forgot how to operate the damn thing. “I can’t turn it off!” he wailed in frustration.

Hyukjae runs to his side but was tripped by the long hose. He let out a small sound of 'Oof!' before landing at a panicking Donghae.

It was Hyukjae’s turn to be lost to the brunette’s chocolate orbs; his mouth hanged open as he ran a hand to caress the pale cheeks, giggling softly as his hands came into contact to the cotton-like skin.

“Hyukjae.”

Dazed, Hyukjae hummed and rubs his cheeks to Donghae’s.

“Did you pee?”

“.. Huh?”

Hyukjae blinked confusedly and detached himself to the brunette’s to look down on his pants. Unfortunately, the hose Donghae was holding was squished between them, wetting the brunette’s stomach and Hyukjae’s pants.

The blonde squealed as he ran inside the house to change – missing the blush that instantly adhered Donghae’s face when he realized the blonde had been doing.

 

That same afternoon Hyukjae stopped talking to Donghae.

Two weeks later the awkwardness between them grew larger.

 

Hyukjae, to Donghae’s frustration, were still avoiding him like a worn old pickle (the blonde hated seeing pickles). Whenever Donghae would come approximately 2 meters from the other, the blonde would seem to felt his presence and would simply walk away or run.

Donghae even saw him jumping out of the window once when he entered his room – which resulted on the blonde having a minor injury at his ankle. He brought Hyukjae to the clinic nearby and almost punched the doctor because he was staring at his ‘wife’.

But even they went home with Hyukjae carried on his back, the blonde still didn’t talk.

 

That’s why Donghae found himself calling Kyuhyun the next day.

 

“Hello?” a grumpy voice replied.

“Kyuhyun?”

“Wrong number.” And the line was cut. Donghae hissed at his phone and called the younger again.

“Yes?”

“You head.”

“See? That’s much better. Now tell me what is going on because I’m playing.”

Donghae ‘tsked’ but carried on. “Can I talk to Sungmin?”

“Pink guy’s in the bathroom.”

“I don’t care. Give him the phone.” Donghae heard the younger groaned and then his hurried footsteps.

“Sungmin!” he heard the younger scream, and there was a noise of loud knocking and impatient doorknob turning.

“What the are you doing Kyuhyun?! Get out!”

“Donghae said he wants to talk to you.”

“THAT DIDN’T GIVE YOU THE PERMISSION TO ENTER THE BATHROOM WHILE I’M POOPING, !!!”

...

“Nice .”

There was a very loud scream before the line went off.

Four seconds later, Kyuhyun’s number was flashing on his cellphone’s screen.

“Hello?”

Sungmin’s voice was fuming when he answered, “Yeah, what is it?”

“.. Are you calling me while you’re..?”

“YES. So speak now before I kill you and the head outside the door.”

Donghae gulped and sighed; he told Sungmin about what happened and Hyukjae and their awkwardness.

He hears a flush and then Sungmin replied, “Well it’s just that he’s shy, okay? Talk to him about it. God, Donghae. You actually made Kyuhyun see me - for a simple issue as this?”

Donghae scratched his nape. “Sorry, uhm.. Sungmin hyung.”

“Take care of Hyukjae. Bye.”

And the line went dead.

 

Following Sungmin’s advice, Donghae took a deep breath and went outside to look for Hyukjae –

- only to find the latter being dragged by a red head into a familiar red Camaro.

 

 

“HEY! Let him go!”