1

The Mail-Order Bride

Hi.


 

one

 

A cat was walking down an alleyway graciously, its paws not making a single noise as it made its way at a trash bag not two feet away. Peeking side to side, the cat then made its way on one of the bags. The cat was about to scratch the bag open when a noise suddenly boomed from inside.

“Kyuhyun left me alone!!! Oh my god I’m going to kill him!!!”

The cat instantly ran away when the bag move by its own.

Another minute and thousands of struggles later, the bag was ripped open harshly with a battle cry, and a man holding a bottle of gin stood up. He blinks the blurry in his eyes away, before shaking his head to fight the dizziness away. As he made his first step however, he instantly dropped on the ground like a log and he groans in pain.

“Damn..”

The man tried to stand up, but dizziness washed over him and he whimpered in pain. “I’m not going to drink for the rest of my life again..” he mumbled as he laid on the ground lifelessly, waiting for the pain to disappear so he could get up.

An hour later, the man was awakened by the flashes of lightning and a heavy rainfall.

Sniffling, the man blinks his eyes open and he rolls onto his back to catch some of the rainwater. He turns to his side and found an empty can, grasp it to his chest and wait for the heavens to fill it up. However, he was disappointed when minutes later he checked and the can was still empty, so he looked around and found a spring of water – in the form of a downspout. The man crawled towards the pipe and washes his face with the water.

He was half sober now, sober enough that he was able to send a text message to his friend.

 

From: Donghae

To: Kyuhyun

“You ugly er.”

 

To which was instantly replied with:

 

From: Kyuhyun

To: Donghae

“Stop spouting blasphemy.”

 

From: Donghae

To: Kyuhyun

“Wait ‘till Monday, you .”

 

From: Kyuhyun

To: Donghae

“Want to bring me a camera?”

 

Knowing that the conversation is going nowhere, Donghae flipped his wet cellphone close and hid it inside his jeans’ pocket. He brushes his hair backwards and stood up, before walking to the direction of his house.

 

~

 

Fumbling with the keys, Donghae covered his nose with his free hand as he sneezed.

“Achoo!”

He sniffed and inserts the key to the knob and turns it open, where he was greeted by several computers which were all turned off – except for one. Donghae pressed his temple hard, willing away the dizziness that was threatening to appear once again, and make his way to the desktop on the innermost corner of the room. There, he sees a Google Chrome browser open and several wedding items were shown with their corresponding prices.

Let’s see what my last customer has been doing..

He sits on the chair and holds the mouse, scrolling down the page.

Donghae isn’t new to the perks of being on internet - being a computer shop owner himself - but this one is too shocking that the dizziness he was fighting earlier came back in a ing tsunami. “Damn!” he hissed loudly as he holds his head in pain. He shakes his head before facing the flat screen again.

What the was my customer doing in a mail-order bride website?

He scrolled down the page to see several faces.

“Whoa..” he mumbled as he saw the number of the ‘brides’. Too many, and it’s just the 20-25 section. Damn, what has the world come into these days?

Donghae clicked the next button.

'For ages 27-28'.

He furrows his eyes when he saw a single picture, and it widened when he saw that the person is a ing male.

Donghae, however, was not aware that the alcohol and his subconscious kicking in, to the point where he clicked the ‘order’ button and he started filling up the questionnaire for delivery.

He slurred in his seat, face resting on the keyboards as he typed lazily, almost closing his eyes. “Credit card number? I don’t have any credit card.. but Kyuhyun have.. but he’s an because he left me in the bar earlier, so I’m making him pay.. Hehehe..”

How did he know the younger’s credit card number was a mystery.

Donghae’s at the last question when the weight of his lids becomes super heavy, so he just answered ‘yes’ to whatever it was.

The cursor was now ghosting over the ‘Order Complete’ button.

Donghae finally succumb to the sleepiness -

 

- unaware of his finger clicking the button.

 

 

 

‘Thank you for stopping by at our shop customer! Please wait until your order arrives and we hope to do another transaction with you!’