No. 5

NineLives

True to what he believed before, he did cry. And not only because he was tricked in such a cruel way, but because his trusted friend, Sehun, had been a part of it as well. He felt betrayed and played in the worse of ways. And he couldn’t handle those feelings too well. They were too new to him.

How did things turn like this?

He felt ashamed of the fact he didn’t know his next move. He could just lay there and cry like a little and that wasn’t befitting for someone like him.

He knew that he had to face Sehun and clear things up with him at least. With Luhan too probably. But that was for another time. Minseok supposed that if he saw the younger man he would just want to punch him in his pretty face and as mad as he was, Minseok wasn’t a fan of violence (though the younger man so deserved it).

Why did Sehun do what he did still make Minseok question. He knew that his friend wouldn’t hurt him intentionally, because Sehun, though a prankster and brat, had always been a reliable friend. Did the dumb kid really believe Luhan and his silly little story of a crush. Well now…Sehun was indeed a bit gullible at times and Luhan did look innocent. It was possible, after all. But then again, Sehun was pretty judgmental as well, he’d need to have a good reason to believe someone.

Minseok drew to the conclusion that he was definitely missing a puzzle of that equation. 

It bothered him. There was something between Luhan and Sehun that he didn’t know and in any other circumstances he wouldn’t have given  a damn about it, after all Sehun was a grown man that could take care of himself…but then…when they put up this plan that included him, they made it his business as well.

A discussion face to face with their rainbow haired friend was mandatory.

But first, he really needed a good night rest.

.o.

Kyungsoo was oddly good at picking someone’s sadness even ever the short IM messages that really didn’t transmit too much. Baekhyun and Chanyeol…not too much and tried to ask about the date with his secret admirer. Minseok promptly ignored them all Saturday morning.

And after a good meal and with well rested mind he finally decided to text Sehun in order to tell him to get his pretty dumb colorful over there because Minseok flat out refused to talk important matters (or fight, he cringed at the thought) over the phone or over IM.

Apparently the younger boy knew he was under the radar because he answered the senior in less than a minute saying he will be there in less than 10. Minseok would surely need to see about that because Sehun was a well known lazy that was never on time. Did he really feel that guilty in order to actually be on time?

.o.

And apparently he did, Minseok observed with a little bit or pride. There weren’t even 10 minutes on the clock when he heard knocking on the front door.

He opened the door with a calm expression on his face only to be greeted with a huffing Sehun. Oh, the boy had run there. Well, serves the right for playing around with him and agreeing to bad pranks.

‘I…I think I know why you called me…’ He said between huffs.

Minseok gave him an unimpressed glace.

‘One, I texted you. Second, you don’t in say. Just get inside already.’ Minseok rushed him in, trying to keep his voice leveled though a bit of anger was slipping through the cracks. Now calm and cynical was the key not flat out shouting.

‘Living room or your room?’ Sehun asked meekly.

‘Living room.’

Sehun gulped because the living room was also known as the serious room.

‘Sit your down, I ain’t giving you juice or something. You’re undeserving‘

Sehun did so, without commenting on it. Minseok considered if it was some sort of twisted pleasure to get off on people’s suffering. Or maybe he was that annoyed. To be considerate later.

Minseok sat down across from his so-called friend in an adjourning love seat and crossed his eyes in a fashion that kind of screamed mafia boss all over it. He only needed the badass background music and Sehun would be trembling to his very core. And how fun would that be.

‘So…’ Sehun begun awkwardly, searching for the right words fruitlessly.

It was an attempt. But not good enough and Minseok wasn’t about to beat around the bush for too long.

‘I want to know one thing first. Did you, or did you not help Luhan in his silly little prank?’ He was unforgiving and he knew it well.

Sehun flushes and coughed, looking awkward, and the older man has all the answers he needed and playing scary games with the parrot could only become that fun. Now he needed to find out why he did that, what has been haunting him ever since that incident happened.    

‘Alright, now that I know you did, tell me why did you do it.’ He spoke. ‘Why did you help him prank me? Was I not a good friend to you?’

Sehun shook his head rapidly. ‘You don’t get it…It wasn’t a prank.’

Minseok raised his eyebrows, not knowing if Sehun was playing or he truthfully believed what he was saying.

Seeing that he wasn’t receiving any feedback, the youngest carried on. ‘I helped him. Told him that you didn’t have an umbrella that day, which was your locker. But that only because he really does like you, for some time even. And in the note. In the note didn’t say whether it was a girl or a boy writing. He didn’t lie.’

He knew the kid well, and that was his serious voice. He really meant it. Minseok sighed, suddenly unsure how to approach the problem.

‘Are you really sure of what you’re saying?’ He asked instead of anything.

‘Completely.’

‘How can you trust him?’ It was a honest question and probably the trickiest. By the constipated look on Sehun’s face, he thought the same. The boy was looking down at his feet, playing with his fingers in  an anxious manner.

‘I…I can’t tell you that…’

Obviously.

‘But please, please, believe me, I got a good reason…and he really likes you, try to believe that.’

What if he couldn’t?

Minseok breathed in, unsure and confused. He needed time to think things through.

‘Sehun, I forgive you, I know, I can feel, that you are not lying to me. I am sure on your best intentions. It’s him I don’t trust.’ Sehun opened his mouth to say something. ‘No. I got no reason to. But you can tell him..that I will talk to him, at one point.’

Sehun looked shy and meek which didn’t really fit his brash personality.

‘That’s good enough…I guess.’

It was really. Because Minseok still half considered hitting the younger man with the Britannia encyclopedia.  


-sehun is forgiven so yey~

-i at life and I am really sorry for not updating (blame ty health I have)

-for contact there is tumblrrrr~

-thank you a lot for reading loveee u guyyyy~ <3

endless love, ayden :3