Outside

NineLives

‘What?’ Baekhyun gasped holding a hand over his mouth.

And Minseok believed he was a bit too much in his reactions, but, well his younger friend basically got life energy over little gossip such as this one.

Even Minseok himself had to agree that the news were pretty interesting. Not that he had an interest in the subject of discussion, but rather that it was quite a scandal about it in the school that not even he could miss. It was that big.

No one really knew what happened for sure beside the ones who were present at that time but who didn’t want to relate the event to anyone but the school committee and the police.

The pink haired boy didn’t really know a lot of things about the school’s bad boys, mostly because he didn’t care. Wanting or not some information got to him anyway through Baekhyun’s and Sehun’s endless and quite loud chatter.

He knew that they were in way organized in some sort of a gang names The Ninelives. The name sounded a bit far-fetched for Minseok’s tastes. Were they werecats or something?

Though he didn’t know much about The Ninelives as a gang, he knew more about their so-called leader, the pretty Chinese boy named Luhan who was a senior just like he was. They shared one or two classes together, though Luhan didn’t make a point in actually attending too much, and used to be in the same music club as Baekhyun and Jongdae until one day he suddenly called quits.

He didn’t use to be like that. Minseok remembered. It was just that the bullies got to him in a way that made the younger man change his way of being completely. He used to be shy and kind of sensitive, but nice nonetheless. The pink haired boy once considered in reaching a hand to him so they could become friends.

He wasn’t fast enough and Luhan was already changing.

Truth to be told, Luhan was and still was oddly pretty for a boy, all elegantly shaped features, sparkly eyes like a deer’s and slight frame. It wasn’t a surprise that he was bullied and called names by the other boys. More people that Minseok knew have been called names (himself included, but he simply didn’t care enough to actually pay more attention to rude people that spoke uninteresting things) such as Baekhyun and even Sehun. It just made them stick together and grow stronger.

In a way Luhan had also grown stronger (or maybe not) considering that now he could keep everyone at a certain level of respect. He’d grown mean and cold, a thought guy that took no for anyone. And outcast that still needed to belong. That’s why Minseok supposed he created The Ninelives. It was a way of coping.

Quite stupid and childish, if Minseok was concerned. But he wasn’t.

All the scandal seemed to just appear out of thin air.

One afternoon 2 months or so ago it seemed like a hurricane just passed by the school leaving chaos in its passing. Everyone was whispering and rumoring behind palms and Minseok thought for a moment that unknown couple had been caught ing in some deserted classroom or something equally trivial.

But no, this time it was actually serious. He was convinced of it when he saw an ambulance car and later a police one.

Baekhyun later told him that apparently Luhan beat some guy to the pulp until the guy wasn’t moving anymore. That scared Minseok just a bit. How can this guy be the same one that was shy to answer in classes and looked like a deer caught in the headlight every time someone spoke to him? It was just baffling for Minseok.

No one knew why he did what he did. His friends didn’t want to talk about it and just chose to close into themselves even more.

The school only found out that Luhan had been taken to a correctional facility for minors.

Minseok to this day believed it was a bit too cruel. But then again, he didn’t care that much.

.o.

Though he found out the previous day that Luhan had been released from correction school, Minseok found weird that he was already up for playing football for their P.E. class. It was nice though. To see that some things never changed. Like the Chinese boy’s love for the European sport.

He looked a bit different, Minseok noticed. He was a bit more buffed, muscles visible though the sports uniform, his hair was cropped shorter and his eyes missed the cute sparkle they once had. The cuteness was replaced by coldness and brashness that looked just so odd and off for the pretty boy.

The older boy felt like pouting. But whatever, each to his own.

Though it would be nice if he could just shove the brains back into the boy’s head. Now, that sounded slightly disgusting taken literary.

He focused back on the class.

‘He’s hotter now.’ Baekhyun noticed.

Oh he almost forgot that Baekhyun was also taking the class. Another girl on his period kind of guy.

‘Really?’ Minseok asked, mildly confused. He had never taken Luhan as a hot kind of dude. Actually, he had never looked at Luhan like that. Should he?

‘OMG Min!’ The younger man gasped. Who the hell did actually pronounce OMG rather than oh my god. Apparently Byun Baekhyun ladies and gentlemen! ‘How are you even a gay guy if you don’t notice things like that?’

Oh yeah, Minseok was gay. Or he supposed he was. It was just that girls didn’t really do it for him and sometimes jacked off to a cute dude taking it up the . The usual. But no, he never found anyone he knew attractive, though.

.o.

He almost missed a perfect pass that day because of Baekhyun’s words. He looked. He finally noticed. No, Luhan wasn’t bad looking at all. Quite nice if he was honest. But his look, his expression, made Minseok want to get Sehun’s hair and just rub it onto Luhan’s soul. And there he was again, being weird.

He breathed in and out. No, a man like Luhan was definitely not for him. Why was he even considering it? The idea was revolting.

.o.

Minseok groaned audibly when he looked up the window while he was changing in clothes in the locker. It was raining quite heavily and he was alone because he told Baekhyun that he could go ahead since the younger boy didn’t need to take a shower after P.E., since he didn’t do it.

And damn Baekhyun was carpooling with Chanyeol who actually happened to own a car (which was a second hand from his mom but it was still a car and he was the only one that owned one in their group) and of course he didn’t take an umbrella, because it was sunny earlier and life just wasn’t fair!

When he eventually redressed himself, placing a t-shirt over his head as a stupid and useless method of protection and dealt with the thought of getting pneumonia until he arrived home and that his mother will make once again that 15 minutes speech about how he was already an adult and yet so careless.

And Minseok couldn’t express in enough and well picked words how much he hated that speech. He should definitely pester his mother into buying a new car for herself and giving him the old one.

In hindsight, it was a bit like trying to catch the wind with a palm but a try wouldn’t hurt anyway.

Sighting heavily and gathering his bag from the floor he opened the door to the locker and, oh he knocked something with the door.

‘Ohhhh~’ He exclaimed.

It wasn’t just a random object sitting in front of his door, but an umbrella. How would someone forget an umbrella when outside it was raining cats and dogs?

He picked it up and studied it. It was a simple black one, slightly battered and obviously well used.

He felt sorry for the poor person that lost that on this weather but beggars are not choosers, and since the school was basically empty, he just took it.

Minseok told himself that he would return it the next day together with a cup of warm coffee for the one that lost the saving umbrella. Surely, the poor guy or girl must be shivering right now.


second chapter, and yeah, this story doesn't have the most god awful complicated plot but it will be some drama and a load of fluff. 

Thank you for the subscribes, but please do not be afraid to leave a comment with an opinion.(this is my tumblr btw)

Again, thank you for reading this and if you did like it please leave a comment/subscribe/upvote.

Endless love, Ayden (・◇・)