Another Way Out

NineLives

Thankfully, it was sunny the next day, so Minseok didn’t have to go through the embarrassment of walking to school with a more or less stolen (burrowed) umbrella. He had felt awkward enough the first time, making him run all the way home and not because of the rain.

‘Did you miss the weather info, today is sunny.’ Baekhyun pointed out randomly when he saw the older boy putting the black object inside his locker.

Minseok rolled his eyes at the show of Capitan Obvious tendencies that his friend displayed. Why did he have to explain everything?

‘it’s not mine.’ He begun. ‘When I was leaving school yesterday I found it on the floor in front of the changing room.’

Baekhyun seemed to ponder a bit over it while doing random designs on Minseok’s biology book because he forgot to bring his own. Damn it, sometimes Minseok thought that everything in his life was a lie and Baekhyun and Sehun were actually long lost brother separated at birth. That would make so much damn sense.

When he finished the very complicated (not) design of sparkles and random lines and emojis he finally turned to Minseok.

‘Somebody must have let it there on purpose.’

Minseok could only think that one of Baekhyun’s neurons just committed suicide because however he would take what the younger man had said, it still sounded just plain illogical and stupid.

‘What the hell? Why would someone with even a beginning of a brain an umbrella at school when it’s obvious that outside is in’ pouring?’ He asked, totally baffled.

Baekhyun seemed to consider it for a minute, the metaphorical wheels finally spinning into his head. Let them bring the light upon this biology-brain-stuck person.

‘Hmmm, you’re right.’ He hummed.

The pink haired boy felt a small rush of victory. Well until Baekhyun decided it was time to open his mouth again.

‘Someone has a crush on you!’

Minseok felt like hitting the other boy. He wished Jongdae would take biology with them, since the cat look alike male was the only one that could put himself head at head with Baekhyun’s really creative (crazy) theories about everything ever, going from the way that the Universe was created to what exactly was the green thing that the cafeteria considered food.

‘It’s impossible.’ The older boy stated. ‘I literary talk to no one beside you guys, and let’s be honest here, none of you would actually let an umbrella in order for me to not make pneumonia.’ He scrunched his face. ‘Now that I think of it, why the hell am I even friends with you…?’

Baekhyun laughed. ‘Oh, ok! You’re right! There’s impossible for someone to have a crush on you~! You’re mean hyung!’ He scoffed.

Minseok just artistically flipped him off with utmost precision and talent and finally the distinct sound of the bell going off was heard and damn it all he was hungry like a wolf. He just hoped that Sehun didn’t manage to sneak into his locker again and still his perfectly good Doritos. The last time that happened Chanyeol needed to get between them.

And even after that, Minseok didn’t give up until Sehun was both apologizing for his capital mistake and also buying him another bag on delicious smelly chips. They tasted even better together with some respect.

.o.

Thankfully Sehun wasn’t there when he opened his locker to retrieve the precious salty goods, surprisingly missing in a time he generally was there. Once again this kid was making him worried…damn it.

When he put the code in and opened the small metal locker he was surprised to see a small slip of white paper flying and falling on the floor right in front of his legs. Until he snapped out of his confused staring at the gentle falling, Chanyeol was already bending his long body to get the paper from the floor. And proceed to read it out loud.

His already large eyes widened and his grin grew into an alarming fashion and Minseok was a bit scared already. What the hell?

Chanyeol cleared his throat and took a mock serious stance. ‘Hei. Sorry to bother you. It seems like you have my umbrella. I left it as school yesterday, insert cute embarrassed face.’ The high, girly pitch of his voice was just unsetting. ‘Can we meet up after school in the library? Thank you. Another cute face.’

All three of them, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Jongdae started laughing at Minseok mortification. Wait, if this person (most likely a girl) knew he had the umbrella that meant that she left it on purpose, otherwise she wouldn’t have known that he owned it in present, or where to look for it.

‘Close your mouth or a fly might get in hyung.’ Jongdae snickered.

Minseok gave him the dirtiest look he could muster with all the embarrassment and confusion that was going on through his system at the moment. He didn’t even realize that he was gaping like a dumb fish. Never in his life had something like that happened to him. How was he supposed to react? Go there, take the umbrella and then do the running man out or just be a smooth criminal and have a conversation with the girl and also get his umbrella? For some reason the rude, kind of anti-social way out seemed more appealing at the moment.

‘Come on hyung, you must go there and see her. She sounds pretty cute~!’ Chanyeol cheered, looking happy and excited.

‘I can already see it. The first time in our school career in which Minseok is confessed to~! I really wanna see that!’ Baekhyun pouted.

‘We can go hide behind the shelves!’ Jongdae piped in.

No. No, no, no. Definitely no. If he was going to live the most awkward experience of his life until now, he’d rather not have his loud, idiotic friends snickering around and making the worst jokes in the existence of the mankind. How about no?

‘I will only go if you guys move your asses home and let me make a fool of myself alone. Otherwise I am just dropping the umbrella to the librarian and tell her to ask for someone that looks for an umbrella.’ He threatened.

All his friends shut up but didn’t comment anymore. Why were they so keen on his going to see this girl? He was perfectly content with not being with anyone and having no romantic interest. It was fine really, and normal.

‘Promise you will go.’ Baekhyun said suddenly.

Minseok sighed heavily and rolled his eyes.

‘Fine, I promise.’

‘Tell us if she’s pretty hyung~!’ Jongdae butted in, that annoying smirks still in place.

.o.

A promise was still a promise and as much as he didn’t really care much about anyone in this school, he still considered that leaving a poor girl waiting for a guy to meet her alone in a library was kind of rude, and no one ever deserved that treatment.

Of course, the bloody trio needed to inform Sehun of the sudden ‘confession’ as they liked to call it, and obviously, the young man asked him to go as well.

Thinking of it, Sehun didn’t look at all surprised. However, he looked extremely pleased when Minseok announced him that indeed he was going to this meeting, but only not to disappoint a girl and to take the burden of the burrowed (offered) (stolen) umbrella off his shoulders and to end this whole story as soon as possible.

Sehun’s look was something that needed to be investigated.

But he will leave that for later since right then he had more pressing problems to worry about and no time to think of them because he was already pushing the door of the library open.

Minseok felt the beginning of a panic attack settling in not at all gently and looked around the quite large room.

Of course there was the librarian…and…not many other people. There were two guys that were snickering to one another in the corner, apparently not even bothered by the librarian that was trying to make them shut up, a girl that had her headphones on and was…sleeping, most probably. She looked out of this world anyway.

He definitely didn’t expect that.

He definitely wouldn’t have wanted to expect that.

Just one person in the room reacted when he entered the room, and…it wasn’t a female. No, he was definitely male and…what the hell? Was this an elaborate joke?

By the time the man opened his mouth, Minseok was already well annoyed and antsy. He didn’t like this moment one bit. 


wild update before finals start. /sigh. it was supposed to be a longer chapter but i divided it into two...because tension and all that (also my latin homework). ugh. yeah, is not at all very surprising how it will go, but i do hope that the cliffhanger is okay enough. I don't know, i am no good at these things.

THANK you for the subscribes! Also I beg of you, please leave a comment as well, since i would really like to see what you guys think of this. TT^TT (or is it that bad and you guys are just really nice?). For anything really, here is my tumblr

Thank you for reading this and if you liked it, please drop a comment/subscribe/upvote.

Endless love, Ayden ♡(˃͈ દ ˂͈ ༶ )