Sell your Soul

NineLives

No. No. No, it couldn’t be real. It couldn’t be true. Or it shouldn’t be in any case. Was this a joke? Did his impassive behavior got him to be the of stupid jokes made by the so called cool people just because he wasn’t one.

He knew that he was probably exaggerating in his sudden wave of annoyance, but couldn’t care less. He didn’t deserve that. In fact, no one did. Why do these kind of things even happen?

‘Is this a joke to you?’ He asked in a barely controlled calm voice. ‘It’s tasteless!’

Minseok looked at him in the eye. He had a moment in which he wanted to back off. Why didn’t he see any malice in Luhan’s wide eyes? He looked more confused than anything. But he wasn’t going to back off, not now, he had something to say. And damn it all to hell he was pissed!

‘Why ah? Why?’ He questioned again without letting the other man open his mouth in order to form any kind of defense for himself.

‘It’s not funny, you know? Making someone the of your jokes just because you’re bored or have any other reason to do so!’ He inhaled. ‘Now what? You leave an umbrella, pretend to be some blushing girl with a crush and then laugh your off when I actually come here as a gullible stupid kid I am? What’s the fun in that? Haha. NO ONE LAUGHED!’

Minseok was fuming and just that Luhan chose the moment to speak, the problematic umbrella still in the older man’s tight hold. He looked as he might use it was a potential weapon of mass destruction and the brunette man feared for his life even a little bit.  

‘It’s not…I…’ Luhan started talking only to be interrupted by the older man that didn’t look as if he was done with his anger fit.

‘OHHHH~ so now you’re trying to say this isn’t a joke?! Really?’

Luhan nodded his head uncertainly.

‘That’s actually quite amusing.’ He laughed shortly, coldly, no trace of actual amusement in his voice. ‘But why you like me anyway? You don’t know me to being with. Your lies do no make sense, did you know?’ He snorted. ‘Your lie in running in really thin circles.’

The brunette man didn’t say anything, he was just frowning, looking as if he was searching for something to say anymore.

‘You don’t know me either.’ Was the only thing he could come up with.

‘Do I want to?’ Minseok eyed him critically. Luhan with his really dark chestnut hair, kohl lined eyes, pierced brow, lip and dimples and a cold attitude. He looked shaken now. Minseok didn’t understand the response he was getting. Was the other man expecting him to shut up? To just take the bullying with his usual indifference. Was he playing? Was he bluffing?

Minseok didn’t understand anymore.

But he needed to focus for now. It wasn’t good, it wasn’t safe to throw a fit in front of someone that may potentially become a threat. Maybe this was just a really bad joke. He shouldn’t add gas to an already burning flame. He was smarter than that.

‘I just want to know something.’

Silence. Minseok took it as a go ahead to continue.

‘Did Sehun have anything to do with it?’

Luhan was silent once again, but his hands were balled into tight fists on his sides and his expression was a perfect description of confliction. He really didn’t need to say something for Minseok to deduce the truth, as painful as it might be.

The pink haired man closed his eyes slowly. Why was he played this filthy prank anyway? Why did Sehun consider it funny? He couldn’t understand anything anymore. He felt the ground running away from his feet. His rabbit heart was small and beating so fast. He wouldn’t cry. Definitely not. But he wanted to run. To just finish this low business…and maybe have a few words with Sehun as well.

‘So he did.’ Minseok looked up, straight into Luhan’s wide and luminous eyes. He sighed. It wasn’t anything he could do now. He had been caught in this already. But it will finish today. ‘This is yours. After all.’

Minseok placed the black umbrella on the table that was between them, not throwing it, just putting it on. It was a calm, reserved gesture. It surprised Luhan who expected to be hit square in the face.

‘Needless of the motivation, I do not have pneumonia now…so thanks for that. Just that.’ He spoke. ‘For the rest, I don’t know. Maybe you should reflect on your actions. Is the first time I speak to you face to face. But…’ He shrugged and motioned aimlessly with his hands. ‘I don’t even know, just that, reflect to it. Maybe there is something that could be saved…’

Where did this come from?

Luhan looked stuck, perplexed, bewildered. He almost smiled. Almost, though it was more like a shadow than an actual smile.

‘I…I seem not to make you believe anything else.’ He chuckled drily. ‘Well that cannot be changed. At least not now. Just one thing. Please do not be harsh with Sehun, the kid only wanted to help. If there’s someone to blame, than that’s me. He…believed what I told him…’

So…did Sehun really believe that this man actually liked him…? But why would the childish kid rainbow believe someone with Luhan’s reputation? Was something that he was missing is completely?

‘I will try to talk to him. That’s what I can tell you now.’ Minseok settled. ‘I feel like I’m going to fall now, so I’m going to go.’

Luhan was looking down on the carpeted floor, appearing guilty.

‘I really wish we’d have met in different circumstances.’ Luhan said, barely above a whisper.

Minseok had been already heading for the door, but stopped short when he heard what Luhan had just said. Maybe if they met in other circumstances. Bad thoughts…

‘I think I wish we did, too.’

Just after he was closing the door of the library he took into consideration everything, the looks, the words. He never once thought until that moment that there was a more or less impossible chance that the man wasn’t lying to him in his face. That maybe …just maybe Luhan actually…liked him.

He really needed to talk to Sehun.

But later.

Now he just wanted to get home and cry for a bit.


 

Yo. Ayden here after 1000 years. I have been planning this chapter so much but it just came out like this because I am distressed and I just wrote to relax for a bit. I am not going to comment on all these Kris rumors that are going on (is not my place) but he has my utmost respect in everything he wishes to do. 

Thank you for reading and if you liked this, please comment/subscribe/upvote.

#StayStrongExo #WeBelieveinyouKris

Endless love and support, Ayden (and here is my tumblr

(>^_^)><(^o^<)