I am

NineLives

Minseok would love to say something exclusively dramatic about his high school experience until the age of 17 but…he didn’t have what to say really.

His life was monotone. But not in the painful, bad, repetitive, kind of monotone. It was that good kind of monotone brought by comparison with other people. Is this so bad that he didn’t have a mental breakdown, 1001 lovers to tell about or back stabbing friend? Was it boring that he was never bullied or made fun of, or if he was, he simply didn't care.

He could say nothing of his friends, because they were simply the best, though sometimes they kind of brought him with the IQ close to an absolute zero but still he loved them dearly, with their quirks and soap opera drama.

And yes, Baekhyun, this is probably about…you.

Minseok watches his friend at the moment, as he liberates his much repressed feeling towards his crush in their general direction, not caring that he almost smacked Jongdae is one of his most dramatic hand movements. Bless fast reflexes.

They were, Park Chanyeol, the tall dorky dude with a million dollar smile, Kim Jongdae, the perfect troll with an affinity for creating well-placed distress and himself, Kim Minseok, kinda just there to set a good balance. We can’t skip the forever dramatic Byun Baekhyun who’s newest problem had a name, and its name was Do Kyungsoo.

‘He always says that I am oh-so-annoying! Can’t he look past this all and see the truth behind it all?’ He huffed dramatically.

A Hamlet in the becoming, give the man a skull and call it a day.

Chanyeol and Jongdae started clapping slowly and mockingly, a look of pure rapture on their expression and Minseok was happy to say they were his friends…and Baekhyun. Him too. How many people got to meet the next Hamlet?

But someone got to be the voice of reason there and obviously none of the two younger men was about to so…

‘Did you actually say that you like him?’ Minseok tried.

A gentle approach, perfect for dealing with a drama queen such as Baekhyun.

The silver haired man pouted and huffed.

‘Not in so many words…I offered him a part from a song.’

Well, that was nice of him. Not so bad. Wait, that seemed a bit odd. He side glanced at the younger man in a judging manner. Baekhyun looked a bit uncomfortable. Should he be surprised that was more than this act of kindness? …Not really.

‘And what did you do after that?’ Chanyeol questioned, apparently also catching on to where this discussion was going.

Baekhyun shifted on his feet.

‘I might or might have not said that he at singing it.’ He confessed with a small embarrassed blush.

What it came was a beautiful and rhythmic session of facepalms and aggravated sights. They were already used with Baekhyun’s…less than elegant approach on things, but sometimes the boy’s insensitivity took then surprise.

‘Let me guess. He was very good.’ Jongdae chuckled.

The older boy rolled his eyes inside his skull. ‘Yes. Damn good. I had trust issues for like…5 minutes. And then I realized that I am far better than him.’ He boasted.

Jongdae flipped him off in one smooth motion.

‘You’ll see who’s the best now that I have my voice back, you .’ Jongdae threatened with a smirk on his cat-like face. ‘Both you and your crush will be crying at the feet of your true leader.’

‘Well, you!’ Baekhyun cussed.

And obviously they started to biker about something. Minseok checked his wrist watch. About 4 p.m. Perfect timing just like always.

Jongdae and Baekhyun had this thing that they bickered everyday over one topic or another. At least today’s topic made some sense in the general outlook, which was good for a Monday, promising even. Probably since they didn’t see each other in a week since Jongdae had caught a cold and was forced to rest in bed. Which actually meant he played video games all week and Chanyeol almost wanted to run to his house and catch the virus as well.

Minseok could accept a lot, but this wasn’t one of them, so he bribed the taller man with pizza. Worked like a charm right off the bat.

He just remembered he had a free class then, and took the sandwich from his locker. His mother’s cheese sandwiches were always better than anything the cafeteria might serve, even in its best days, when one could actually say what exactly was served.

But in this hour he was normally bothered by…wait.

Quick body count.

Damn Baekhyun and his diva fits, he didn’t even notice that there were losing one rainbow head teen. It was unlike Sehun to skip their little meeting since last week he had been sulky since he didn’t have the show downs between Jongdae and Baekhyun.

Well that was odd, and maybe slightly disturbing.

He turned towards Chanyeol who was watching the squabble with mild interest, though he looked more like he was going to fall asleep where he stood. And he had Economy after that. Poor man. He’d have done the dead man flop if he was taking that. The teacher was horrifying.

 ‘Where’s Sehun?’ He asked the younger man.

Chanyeol turned his eyes to his pink haired friend and shrugged his shoulders.

‘He texted me saying he will be here soon.’ He informed. ‘But that was 10 minutes ago. Maybe he was kept back in English?’

Minseok could consider that possible. The brat was pretty loud and the old teacher was known to be easily annoyed by agitated mouthful brats. Especially when they had their hair colored in as much colors as the rainbow head.

He looked pretty good in Minseok’s point of view (who’s hair was a light pink). Just like a walking gay awareness flag. Truly inspiring.

His worries about their youngest member of their little group were vanished when a spark of lanky body and gay flag hair passed right past his eyes and stopped a few feet from where they were situated. The sudden movements made Baekhyun and Jongdae finish their charade and look in Sehun’s direction.

Sehun, who was huffing like he had just ran a marathon from his English class to the corridor. It wasn’t even that big of a distance. Just like two halls and Sehun wasn’t particularly sporty (except dancing, since he was taking courses).

Minseok was sure that if Sehun had been a woman he’s be one of those girls that told the P.E. teacher they were on their period all the damn time. Thankfully Sehun isn’t a girl.

‘ You…okayyy~?’ Baekhyun questions, his hands on his hips in a total diva pose.

The youngest of them still couldn’t answer, preferring the air he gets now that he stopped from his impromptu marathon to fill his lungs rather than talk. Seriously, Minseok should introduce him to football. Such a bad shape.

‘Let me guess, you stole something from Joonmyun-hyung again.’ Chanyeol guessed.

Jongdae glared at Sehun then. Every time Sehun was missing something of his own, he borrowed Joonmyun’s, the president of the student council, things such as a pencil, a piece of paper, a book and never returned them.

Jongdae, as Joonmyun’s boyfriend, felt the need to scold him every time that happened. Which was pretty frequent.

Sehun coughed a bit and then spoke, features pulled into a disapproving expression.

‘I didn’t steal anything this time!’ He protested. Jongdae looked apologetic for 0.2 seconds until he changed to confused. ‘Major thing!’

Baekhyun lightened up faster than a Christmas tree at the mention of ”Major thing” which literary meant “good rumor” or “really hot issue”. And in that department both Baekhyun and Sehun were really invested in.

Chanyeol tried to look like he wasn’t interested, though everyone knew that Baekhyun tendencies rubbed on him as well. Jongdae really wasn’t interested but didn’t want to risk yet another cat fight with Baekyun (one per day was just enough).

‘What about?’ Minseok inquired, more interested in the fact that Sehun actually ran to tell them this information.

The rainbow haired boy took a big gulp of air and wow, his cheeks were really pink and for once he didn’t look sleepy. Well it must be good than.

‘You just won’t believe it!’ He stretched his hands for dramatic effect. ‘Luhan was let out of correction school!’

Well, that was indeed big news.

‘Holy .’ Baekhyun mumbled with an wide eyed stare.  


ayoo this was the first chapter. i don't know what to say of it. it's just the beginning and the second chapter will be up soon, like tomorrow or so. 

pretty please, if you liked it, please leave a comment/subscribe/upvote. i beg of you.

Thank you for reading,

Endless love, Ayden 〜(^∇^〜)