Home Sweet Home

My Handsome Soldier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Author's POV~

As Gongju began to leave the prison, Minhyuk came in. Gongju senses that something isn't right. She hide behind the walls so that Minhyuk won't see her. "Well, well. Look who's stuck in this stinky prison," said Minhyuk. Donghae looks up and glares at him. "Got good news for you, pal. The king has made me his right hand man. So, Donghae, your position has been given to me." "It looks like you got your wish, then," said Donghae.

"You know, Donghae. You are really such a fool to trust a person like me yesterday," Minhyuk chuckled.

"What are you talking about?" Donghae asked, feeling confused.

"Don't you know? The whole assassin thingy is all part of my plan on giving your position to me," Minhyuk explain darkly.

"You mean........?" Minhyuk gave an evil smirk. "Yep. I plan to have you dead so that your position will be mine. I purposely sent that assassin to attack the king. Do you really think I am your good friend? Well, I'm not. I have been jealous of you the whole time. Even when you get to that pretty girl from the future. Now that you're going to die tomorrow, I won't have to worry about you anymore."

Hearing this makes Donghae furious. "So, it was you the whole time!? The whole assassin attacking me and the king!? You should be the one who is the betrayal!!"

"Oh, but too bad. The king trusted me. And there is no one to tell the truth about me because no one knows about my plan. And nobody is going to find out. Not even you can tell the king now," Minhyuk chuckled. Donghae was so furious that he tries to hit him. But Minhyuk took a step back before Donghae could attack. "Tsk! What a temper! I have a duty to go now. Good bye......forever, Donghae," Minhyuk mocks Donghae before leaving the prison.

Gongju gasped as she heard everything. When she heard Minhyuk approaching, she quickly ran out of the prison and hide behide the wall.

 

I cannot believe it! Minhyuk wanted to have Donghae killed so that he can have his position! What a horrible person! I have got to report this to the king. "Agasshi! What is wrong with you? And why are you hiding behind the wall?" Shol asked sternly. "Come on! It's time to go home." She dragged me out of the palace before I could even tell the king about Minhyuk.

"What took you so long coming out of the prison?" Shol asked but I was too terrified to hear her. "Agasshi? Are you okay?" she repeated.

"Shol, I just overheard what Minhyuk said to Donghae," I said, trembling.

"What about?" Shol asked again.

"He said that he wanted Donghae to be killed just to have his position as the king's right hand man," I replied. "Shol, we have to go back to report his plan to the king!"

"Are you crazy? We just got out of the palace. We cannot disturb the king now. His chambers are well-guarded," she said.

"Then, what about tomorrow?" I asked.

"At dawn, the prisoner will be executed. It will be too late before we can make it in time to warn the king. You cannot go to the palace all by yourself and I cannot leave the shrine as I have to perform the spell for you tomorrow," she replied. Then, she held my hands. "I know you wanted to released him. But as Donghae said, history is history. You cannot change what has been done."

Shol didn't want to see me get sad. So, she suggest an idea. "How about I tell the king about the real betrayal?"

"Even if you tell him, Donghae is already dead," I sighed.

"True. But at least the king knows the truth," she said with a smile.

"You do that? For me?" I asked with delight.

"Anything for you, agasshi," she said. I was so touched that I have to hug Shol. "Thank you so much, Shol." Shol lets go of hug and my cheek. "Get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter