Attacked!

My Handsome Soldier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Donghae came to check on me as usual. I don't know why but I am always looking forward to him coming here every morning. Gotta get used to it until the fifth day. When we got into the marketplace, Donghae bought me a bracelet (no, not those gold or silver bracelets you see now) to take home. "You might want to have a souvenir to bring back with you," he said as he paid the seller. I smile and admire the bracelet. I wore it on my left wrist. It would be cool to show a weaven bracelet to my friends and family back home. "Thank you."

 

~Minhyuk's POV~

That Donghae is out with Gongju again! He always do errands for his Majesty. As if he's the favorite one. Well, His Majesty did say I can her but only if Donghae returns to the palace. Also, I need to keep an eye for any wrong move from him. Oh! There's Bae's wife approaching them. Looks like there won't be any escorting to do today. I should probably get back to the palace now.

 

Just then, we spotted the ahjumma coming towards us. "Gongju. There you are. Hello, Donghae," she greeted. Donghae just smile in respond. "I am going to do my morning errands. Would you like to come along? I could use a helping hand." I nodded in respond. "I have to get going now. I'll see if I can come and see you again in the night," said Donghae. "I understand. See you later," I said with a smile.

I follow the ahjumma everywhere she goes. From marketplace to stores. "Isn't it a wonderful day to do shopping?" she asked. "Oh. Yes, indeed it is, madam," I replied her. Then, she spotted my bracelet. "Where did you get that bracelet, my dear?" "Donghae bought it for me. He said it is a souvenir for me to take home with," I said, looking at the bracelet.

"That is lovely of him to do that for you. He treats you as if you are his girlfriend," she said. I just laughed in respond. "Donghae is quite a nice soldier we have met. My husband is lucky to have a friend like him. They had a good time chatting over a bottle of soju. He told us our daughter is beautiful," she explained as we walk along the streets. I just smile and listen to her speak.

"I think he likes you a lot," she told me.

"He does?" I asked.

The ahjumma smile at me. "I can tell from the eyes. Since he's kind enough to help you, you should reward him."

"But how?" I asked again.

Then, she held my hand. "You have to decide how you want to reward him, my dear."

That night, Donghae came over again. This time, he was chatting to the ahjussi inside a room, drinking over a bottle of soju. I didn't want to interrupt them. I just sit down on the porch and think about what the ahjumma said earlier.

"Hey there," the voice spoke. It was Donghae. He sat down beside me. "It's chilly tonight, isn't it?"

"But I feel warm, actually," I told him.

"I saw you looking at the sky. What were you thinking of?" he asked.

"Hmm? Oh, something personal," I replied.

"Do you miss your friends and fami

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter