Chapter 4

Hopeless Dream

Lee Eunmi, a professor at the well reputed Seoul National University could answer every single question that was raised to her. But one thing she couldn’t answer was why her daughter and her were so damn different. It was a question she asked herself the moment Ha Eun started talking. Sure, there were similarities between their physical appearances, but there was almost nothing in common when it came to their personalities. Despite being a professor, Lee Eunmi was over enthusiastic and care free. Pretty much like those eccentric mothers in K-dramas. Ha Eun on the other hand was socially awkward and reserved. In her sixteen years of being a mother, Eunmi had never seen Ha Eun genuinely excited or happy. So, on Monday morning when Eun mi was greeted by a dazed Ha Eun, she was shocked. Ha Eun was dreamily smiling as she stared out of the window. Her fruit loops long forgotten. Eun mi hurriedly walked to her daughter and shook her.

“Sweetheart, are you okay?” She asked her as she continued to stare at Ha Eun. She observed her daughter as she slowly shook her head and blinked a couple of times before goofily smiling.

“I’m more than okay. I’m feeling fantabulous!” Ha Eun said with a huge smile on her face.

Now, Eunmi was extremely worried. Who in the world was the teenager in front of her and what had she done to her daughter?. Eunmi should have been happy about Ha Eun’s change in behaviour, but at the moment she was terrified. Had Ha Eun met with an accident and injured her brain. Was she bleeding internally? Eun Mi simply shrugged, telling herself that Ha Eun would probably come back to normal after school.

Ha Eun on the other hand felt like she was on top of the world. The guy she had been crushing on for what seemed like eternity had finally invited her to sit with him for lunch. She quickly finished breakfast, and since she was feeling terrific she walked to her mother and kissed her cheek. Ha Eun was about to leave the house when she heard her mother call out for her.

“Ha eun sweetie, do you want me to drop you to school today??”Her mother offered. Ha Eun was taken aback by the question. Her mother always insisted that she walks to school as this was Ha Eun’s only form of exercise. She shook her head no before walking out of the house. Her mother was extremely reluctant to let her go alone; nevertheless she watched the love-struck teenager’s retreating figure.

 In her euphoria Ha Eun started skipping towards the bus stop. After about two minutes of skip-walking, Ha Eun gave up. It irked her that in the movies the lead role always skipped around, let her hair free and still managed to look flawless. Ha Eun on the other hand nearly fainted when she saw her reflection on a car. Her hair was messy, she was sweating badly and her face was flushed. It looked like someone had tried to strangle her. Ha Eun huffed in frustration before she adjusted her dishevelled appearance.

She then decided to walk slowly instead. She walked for a few minutes when she noticed an extremely familiar figure ahead of her.

***********

 

Jung Hoseok was one of the most popular boys in school and had an extremely high self-esteem. He wasn’t going to deny the fact that he enjoyed the way girls ogled at him. In order to keep this going, he had to be a little different when it came to dressing up.

Come on, he had the cool boy image to keep. So there he was, on Monday morning, walking to school, with his shirt half tucked, his hair styled in a messy way and his tie loosely put around his neck. As he continued to walk to the bus stop, he sensed a presence near him. Out of curiosity he turned around, and there she was, the cute girl from yesterday; Ha Eun. Their eyes met and Hoseok knew that what he was about to do was wrong, but he couldn’t help it. He gave her a tight smile and walked as fast as he could to get away from her.

To say that Ha Eun was hurt would be an understatement. Words couldn’t describe how depressed and betrayed Ha Eun felt.  The boy she had been crushing on, the boy who laughed along with her, the boy who told her that she was cute and the boy who had raised her hopes, just crushed her heart.  She noticed how he gave her a forced smile and deliberately walked away from her. And not to forget the look of disgust he gave her after that forced smile.  Ha Eun was perplexed. Why did Hoseok act extremely nice the day before if he was going to act like a man b*tch the next day. She lazily trudged to the bus stop, her shoulders slumped and her head down. She was aware that Hoseok was near her but she didn’t spare him a look. She could hear him talk to someone and she couldn’t help but admire his deep yet sweet voice. After about two minutes of looking at the interesting concrete floor, Ha Eun was tempted to look at her crush. She tried convincing herself that it was of no use but unfortunately, curiosity got the better of her and she looked to her right.

Hoseok was standing right next to a tall and slender girl. Their fingers were intertwined and Hoseok had a look of awe on his face as he continued to stare at the girl. It almost seemed like he worshipped her. She wasn’t from their school as she was wearing a different uniform ,her hair was tied in two braids and she was animatedly talking. It might sound immature but the girl was undeniably cute. It wasn’t the baby cute but more like the y- cute. And what hurt Ha Eun even more was the look of awe and adoration on Hoseok’s face. She knew she had no say in it. Hoseok wasn’t even her friend. So she did what she was supposed to do;  she returned to staring at the ground.

her life.

herself for falling for Hoseok.

Hoseok for being a mean bastard.

  Joohi for raising her hopes by saying that Hoseok likes her.

the cute-y girl for being cute and y (effortlessly).

Hoseok and the cute-y girl for boarding the same bus as her.

The day went by in an extremely slow pace. During lunch she sat where she usually did; alone, in the corner of the cafeteria. She desperately hoped that Hoseok would invite her to sit with them, but none of that happened. During P.E , Hoseok stood just a few feet away from Ha Eun but he did not even acknowledge her presence.

The dreaded day was over and Ha Eun couldn’t wait to go home. She dejectedly walked away from her school . She kicked a few stones as she thought of how disappointing the day was. Unfortunately, her absentmindedness caused her to bump into a person and she fell flat on the ground. She could hardly breathe and she felt herself being pulled from the ground. She simply couldn’t concentrate on the person as her nose stung. The person still had a strong grip on her waist and was repeatedly saying something but she couldn’t care less. She slowly brought her hand to her nose and almost shrieked when she saw blood.  The person seemed to panic too and quickly handed her a tissue. Ha Eun pressed the the thin paper against her nostrils, hoping that it would stop bleeding.

 After Ha Eun had calmed down, she looked at the person and her eyes widened in shock. Standing there, with his arms still wrapped around her was Kim Taehyung.  Kim Taehyung or V (his ridiculous stage name),was one of the other Bangtan rascals. He was a year younger to her and was extremely handsome. He had a nice nose, cute eyes and smile to die for. Now that he was so close to her, she understood why most of the girls and guys loved him.

“Noona, are you okay?” He asked her and he seemed genuinely worried. Ha Eun quickly nodded and slowly shook herself out of his grasp. He looked terrified and almost looked like he was going to cry. She wasn’t remotely attracted to the cute boy in front of her, but she had this uncanny urge to pinch his cheeks. She would’ve done that but the pain was simply unbearable. She could feel tears roll down her cheeks but she ignored it. She continued to press the tissue against her nose as Taehyung dragged her to a bench nearby.

“Noona, I’m so sorry.” He looked like a kicked puppy and Ha Eun felt extremely guilty.

“I’m sorry too!  I’m sure it’ll become better.” She said in an embarrassing nasal voice. After a few minutes of pressing the tissue against her nose she felt better. The bleeding had decreased and she could finally talk.

She looked up and was appalled to see J-Hope standing next V. Was he there the whole time? She was probably going through too much pain to notice him.

“Are you okay?” He asked her. It took Ha Eun a lot of effort not to snort at that question. He looked so indifferent and it almost seemed like he asked that for the sake of asking. She simply nodded before standing up.

“Noona, I’ll walk you home!” Taehyung offered. He looked so guilty and nervous that it was strangely endearing. Ha Eun was about to kindly reject that when Hoseok interrupted her.

“It isn’t even your fault Tae. The girl shouldn’t have been dreaming.” Taehyung loudly gasped and looked utterly terrified, whereas Ha Eun wanted to break his jaw. In her sixteen years of existence, Ha Eun had never felt this angry. A part of her was extremely hurt by the spite in his voice. But being who she was, Ha Eun simply stared at him before walking away.

She still had the tissue pressed against her nose when she rang the doorbell. Her mother was petrified and made a fuss over the small injury. After it stopped bleeding, her mother brought her some cookies and milk and Ha Eun began eating.

Her mother was intently staring at her and after a few minutes she began snickering

“You know, a person’s nose can start bleeding for another reason too!” She said and started howling with laughter. Ha Eun simply rolled her eyes at her mother’s rather inappropriate comment and continued eating.  Her father came back home a few hours later and started advising her on the importance of being alert at all times. Ha Eun patiently listened to her father babble before she returned to her room. She was about to take a nap when her mom entered her room.

She had the cordless in her hand and walked towards Ha Eun. She looked pleasantly surprised and there was an enormous smile on her face.

“Your friend wants to talk to you.” She handed the phone to Ha Eun and hurried out of the room. Ha Eun quizzically stared at the the phone before bring it to her ear.

“Hello?” She hesitantly whispered.

“I’m sorry about today. ” The person whispered before hanging up.

************************

Sorry I haven't updated for so long!! I was busy!

Sorry for making J-Hope a in ths chapter!! Writing romance makes me realize how lonely I really am. I haven't even held a guy's ing hand.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkC4JuIUfH_itjz_uncEY

Hopefully I don't die the same way. 

Please subscribe, comment and vote if you like it! <3