Chapter 2

Hopeless Dream

There was one similarity between normal teenagers and Ha Eun;  they loved weekends. Ha Eun's weekend routine consisted of reading books and watching dramas. Ha Eun found immense pleasure in reading books. Books were a getaway from her boring life. It made her feel adventurous and daring. When Ha eun starts reading ,she gets into her own world. And her virtual world was destroyed when she heard a deep voice call out for her.

 

 " Ha Eun, come down right now." Mr Lee screamed. Ha Eun scrunched her nose the moment she heard her father's voice. She tried ignoring him but he just wouldn't stop calling her. She nonchalantly trudged downstairs.

 

"What is it Appa?"She asked with a tone that accentuated her annoyance. But her eyes widened in shock when she noticed a middle-aged couple sitting in the living room. She quickly fixed her dishevelled appearance and walked towards them.

 

"Ha Eun, these are our neighbours, The Kims." Ha Eun's mother introduced with an excited look on her face.

 

Ha Eun quickly bowed and introduced herself.

 

"Omo! You're so pretty,Ha Eun-ah" Mrs Kim said with an enormous smile plastered on her face. Ha Eun simply smiled at the compliment and sat down. She barely uttered a word after that and the others continued with their conversation. Ha Eun was dying of boredom and this ,didn't go unnoticed by the others. Mr Kim immediately tried initiating a conversation when he realized that Ha Eun wasn't having fun.

 

" So Ha Eun, how old are you?" He asked.

 

“I just turned sixteen." Ha Eun said hoping , he wouldn't ask her anymore questions.

 

" Oh! That's great. Our daughter is sixteen too! You both could become friends." Mrs Kim gushed as she slowly retrieved her phone from her bag.

 

“I’ll ask her to come over.”  Ha Eun didn’t have time to protest as Mrs Kim had already dialed the number.

 

Ha eun's parents seemed delighted by the the thought of their daughter having new friends. On the other hand Ha Eun was terrified. Making friends had always been a difficult task for her.

 

After a torturous wait, the doorbell rang. Ha Eun gulped as she walked towards the door. She slowly opened the door and behind it stood Kim Joohi.

 

Ha Eun was a little intimidated by Joohi's appearance.  She wore shorts and a black T-shirt which was covered in graffiti. She wore a thick layer of eyeliner and her green coloured extensions made her look quite badass. 

 

Ha Eun quickly introduced herself as Joohi entered the house . Joohi  scanned the place before introducing herself. In contrast to Joohi's fierce looks, her smile was quite warm and comforting.

 

Joohi and Ha Eun walked to the living room in silence.

 

“Omo, You look hideous!”  Her mother shrieked as she scrutinized her daughter.

 

Ha Eun was puzzled. She had assumed that this was how Joohi normally dressed.

 

“Eomma, stop being so loud!” Joohi  whispered as she looked down in embarrassment. " Hobi and I made a bet. I lost it and this was a part of it.” She explained as she averted her eyes from her mother’s angry ones.

 

“To dress up like a barbarian was a part of the deal?! This is such a disgrace.” Mr Kim said  with a disapproving look on his face.

 

Mrs Lee on the other hand was delighted. “ Oh! A typical teenager, I love it! Ha Eun has to learn some of this.” She gushed .

 

Ha Eun was taken aback by her mother’s words. Why in the world would a sensible mother want their daughter dressed up like a badass drug dealer?

 

Joohi grinned at Mrs Lee’s comment and bowed. She finally looked back at Ha Eun .

 

“ I was about to go and play basketball. My friends would be waiting there. If you want ,you can come along.” Joohi suggested.

 

Ha Eun was thinking of ways to politely reject the offer ,but unfortunately ,her mother answered for her.

 

“Ha Eun would love to join you!” Mrs Lee said . Ha Eun glared at her parents, who simply smiled back.

 

“ Okay, I’ll come.” She said as didn’t have much of a choice. She sighed in exasperation as she walked towards the door.

 

Joohi and Ha Eun began walking to the basketball court which was a ten minute walk from her house.  Joohi noticed Ha Eun’s annoyance and tried to coax her.

 

 

“Don’t worry! They’re great people! I’m sure they’ll like you.” Joohi said with a warm smile on her face.

 

Ha Eun felt guilty for expressing her emotions. She smiled at Joohi and continued to walk. The two girls gradually started speaking. Joohi’s genial personality made things much easier and Ha Eun slowly started opening up.

 

“Oh! There they are!” Joohi said as she pointed to group of boys who were playing basketball. Joohi began to jog towards a boy who was standing and watching the others play. Ha Eun tried to keep up with Joohi, but she finally gave up when she realized that Joohi wasn’t going to slow down.  Joohi finally reached the boy and both of them started conversing. They weren’t facing her so it was difficult for Ha Eun to see the boy. Ha Eun slowly trudged towards them. But the closer she got ,the more familiar, the figure looked. She squinted her eyes so that she could get a better look and that was when she identified the person. She felt her breath hitch but she continued walking towards them. She finally stopped when she was a feet away from the two. Joohi continued to talk to the boy. But she immediately stopped when she noticed Ha Eun standing right behind them.

 

“ Oh my god! I’m so sorry Ha Eun. By the way, this is my friend, Hoseok.”

 

Ha Eun’s assumption was right. Nevertheless she continued to stare at him. She was astonished by the fact that J-Hope was standing right in front of her.

 

“ I know, He’s my classmate.” She whispered.

 

Hoseok was a liitle startled by this statement but his eyes widened when realisation hit him.

 

“ Oh! You’re the cute girl that does not  talk to any one!”

*******************************************

Hope you guys liked this chapter! Hobi finally came!

Please subscribe, comment and upvote it if you like it! <3

 

 large.jpg