Dead End

No Way Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So I made a short chapter for you guys since all the comments were motivating me. I wanted to add this part to the previous chapter, but I felt like making an additional chapter would be easier. Nothing really, but here you go. Thanks for the great comments guys, glad to know you're so into this story. Haha. Keep it coming, love ya.

"Miss?" Pan Yong asked, still not getting an answer from the young girl whose friend called a taxi for her. She had been quiet and silent for the minute he had been driving, which confused him because she was supposed to tell him where to go already. He only looked at the road, whispering softly to himself, "Is she going to answer me?" 

"Umm Miss," he said loudly, changing lanes to the right. "Should I keep going down the road or should I take a turn somewhere soon?" 

It was still very silent, so he slid his eyes to look up at the rearview mirror, but he didn't see her anymore. He gasped a little, parking on the side and put his car in complete stop. He quickly turned around to see her unconscious in the back seat, which severely panicked him as he yelled out, "Miss! Miss!" 

He reached out to shake her a little, continuing, "Miss, what's wrong? Please wake up, what's wrong?" She was completely senseless, looking like she was not going to wake up at all. What shocked him even more was that blood was rushing down her legs, which made him scared for his life.

What was happening to her?

Why was she bleeding? 

Was she going to be alright?

He turned around again and started up his car, driving onto the local road once again. This girl needed a hospital and she needed one now. 

As midnight striked on the clock, Dara was already in her sleeping outfit, which was her oversized sweater and shorts, along with ankle high socks. Coming out from the bathroom, she softly patted her face with the night lotion she applied on and headed towards her bedroom. She just wanted to sleep off so she could get the fact that one of her good friends was actually gone. 

When she came into her bedroom, the television was still on the same channel she had left it before she went to take a shower. She sat on her bed and pulled the covers over her, seeing the news about Ha Yi, which just made her sad.

The daughter of one of the biggest franchise five-star hotel, Park Hyatt, passes away in a brutal car accident. Funeral services held tomorrow at Myeongdong Cathedral at 10:00 AM.

Dara sighed to herself and said to herself sadly, "Why'd you have to go fast girl? I miss you." When Dara laid back to her bed, grabbing the remote to change the channel, her phone began to ring. She widened her eyes seeing Minji's picture blinking on the screen, guessing that she got home already. 

She slightly grinned and slid her phone to answer, talking through the speaker, "Hello baby girl. Did you just get home?" 

There was a moment of silence through her side at first, until an unfamiliar woman's voice spoke up, "Excuse me. Are you a relative of Gong Minji's?"

Dara's felt like her dropped to the floor, widening her eyes a bit, "Umm, who is this?" 

"I'm sorry to disturb you but this was the last number that she contacted on her phone. Miss Minji has been admitted to the hospital just a few minutes ago. She's in quite brutal condition, I just wanted to let someone know so they could come see her by tonight." 

Dara's mouth dropped in shocked and her eyes grew big with shock, asking, "What? Where is she? What hospital is she at?" 

Taecyeon walked to the counter of the emergency department of the hospital, which was a ten minute walk away from the section he was located at. He had to come to this side of the hospital because he needed the background information for one of his patients, that had to be under intensive care because she was in brutal condition. 

When he almost reached the counter, one of the receptionist saw him and slightly bowed, "Dr. Kim, what brings you here?" He rested his arms against the table and replied, "I just came here to grab the one of my patient's documents on her profile and her background. She moved to the ICU because her condition became worse after the . But no one sent in her information to me, so I had to come get it myself. Her name is Park Sojin." 

The receptionist nodded at him and answered with a big smile, "I'll get it for you. Give me one minute please."

"Of course," he agreed, nodding with a grin. He turned around to lean his back against the counter in order to wait to get the documents that he needed. 

About a minute later, he saw a girl sprint pass him like the speed of lightening, making him confused because she looked like Dara. He squinted his eyes and thought to himself, why would Dara be here at the emergency department this late at night? 

As he was about to follow her, the receptionist called him and announched, "Dr. Kim, here's the documents you need." 

Taecyeon turned around to face her and let out a big sigh and nodded. He grabbed the light brown folder from her and smiled, "Thank you. I'll be going now. Don't go home too late, you shouldn't be here past midnight anyway." 

"Same to you, Dr. Kim. Are you here all night?" 

He pursed his lips a little and then answered, "I'm not so sure yet. There's four doctors in the ICU tonight so I might get to home a little early. That's just a hopeful thought though."

She smiled a little and nodded, "Well get enough rest. Good night now."

He gave her a small wave and began to walk back, but stopped when he was standing in the middle of the corridor of all of the patients' room. He narrowed his eyes to think a little, wondering if that really was Dara he just saw. Dara left the funeral a few hours ago so he would've expected her to be at her condominium. Then again, the girl who just passed by him was wearing pajamas and flip flops, so she must've been coming from home. 

"Maybe I should go see," he whispered to himself, beginning to walk over to see which room she would be in. When he passed the first room, he suddenly heard his name being called, so he turned around to see the head doctor of this unit, Dr. Yoona. He smiled at her as she asked, "What brings you here to the emergency department?" 

He held up a folder and replied, "I came by to grab Ms. Sojin's profile and background folder. The patient that you sent me after you said she was still in serious trauma after her case."

Yoona nodded and said, "Please take care of her well. A forced ual assault is always a horrible case to deal with, especially for young girls like her." 

Taecyeon then pointed to the room and asked, "Did you have a new case tonight? I saw someone running into one of the rooms really fast." 

"That must mean her relative is here. I should go explain the situation to her then."

"What is the situation?"

"I shouldn't be giving out information about the patients, Dr. Kim."  

"Just asking so I can get an understanding of any new situations," Taecyeon replied, defending himself. "All the victims under ual assault always get sent to my unit in the end. I just want to know what's going on with these poor girls."

Yoona nodded and sighed loudly, finally answering, "An eighteen-year old girl was just brutally under thirty minutes ago. It was her first time with a ual encounter so her bleeding is excessive right now."

"Do they know who the guy is?" 

"No," Yoona responded, shaking her head in distress. "All I know is that she fainted in a taxi. The taxi driver is the one who brought her to the hospital. She was completely unconscious and senseless to everything. I'm predicting that the entire situation traumatized her until she fell in a state of blacking out." 

"Taxi driver?" He asked very curiously. Yoona nodded her head, but was not able to say more since her pager began to go off. She looked at him and announced, "I have to go Dr. Kim. See you soon." Taecyeon nodded his head as Yoona walked away from him, leaving him unreasonably suspicious. He had a feeling within himself that was not right, and it worried him quite a bit when he saw Dara.

If that girl was really Dara, and the situation of the girl getting into a taxi until she passed out worried him a lot. 

Maybe he did need to go home early after all.

"Minji!" Dara exclaimed, as Minji had just woken up, sitting up to drink a glass of water from the dehydration. Dara ran up to her hospital bed and grabbed her hands, seeing Minji's bruised arms and face, "What happened to you?" Minji looked around the room, realizing she was in a hospital and wondered if everything was a dream. 

Well, more than a nightmare than a dream.

She moved around a little to see if her body pain still ached, crying as she still felt the sting from her bottom area. She bit down on her tongue and began crying again, weeping in tears and holding onto her chest to ease her chest from tightening up. Dara wanted to cry after her, seeing all of the bruises and marks all over her arms and neck. 

"Minji, what happened to you?" Dara asked again with more firm and forceful tone. Minji just kept crying and sobbing, trying to say the words but she was just to speechless to everything that had just happened to her for the nearly the past two hours. With her voice shaking and her entire body still in trauma from everything, she managed to stutter out, "I-I-I-I... He-He-He... Ra-Rap..." She wasn't able to go on with the words because it made her break down even more, looking down at her body, completely ashamed of herself. 

It was the first time that Dara had cried in a while, just beacause she saw Minji in so much pain. It was even sadder because it wasn't the usual crying from her where she got upset over minor things. This were the emotions of someone in actual pain, which made Dara hurt after her. 

Looking at the bruises and marks on her arms, she began changing the question and asked, "Who did this to you?" Minji cried excessively until Dara grabbed her wrists softly and repeated, "Minji, can you please just tell who did this to you?" 

Just then, the door swung open as Dara saw a female stand by the door, motioning her to come out with her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter