.01

The Secret Life of Jeon Jungkook *hiatus*

     Jungkook lay on his back, staring up at his ceiling in complete and total boredom. In fact, he had never been more bored in his life. Technically, he was supposed to be working on the summer assignments for the school his parents had enrolled him in, but to be perfectly honest he wanted nothing to do with any of it. And since the excitement from registering for the Seoul Highschool of the Performing Arts had passed, Jungkook was left in the thralls of utter boredom and letting his imagination create silly images in his ceiling. His cell phone had long since been taken for the summer (his parents had no intention of allowing him to do anything that could be detrimental to his grades, and having a cell phone when he "had absolutely no need of one" most certainly fell under that catagory) so he had no way to contact any of his few real friends until the customary dinner party that was to be held tonight, just like every other Saturday over the summer. Sighing in disgruntlement, the young teen rolled over onto his stomach, absentmindedly tracing out patterns on his bed sheets. Caught up in his thoughts of music and sports and dancing, he did not notice until it was much too late that someone was opening his door.

     "Jungkook, what are you doing?" his mother's voice demanded angrily. "You're supposed to be doing your summer assignments and here you are shooting there doing absolutely nothing! Do you want to lose your place in the school that your farther and I have worked so hard to get you into? Stop twiddling your thumbs like a useless brat and get that work done. I want to see at least three more of those essays done and that book you've been reading finished by dinner time." And with that, his mother was gone. It was a fairly typical interaction between the two of them; no matter what jungkook did, his mother seemed to fine something wrong with it. A soft groan fell from the boy's lips as he glanced at the stack of assignments on his desk: ten essays for English, ten for Korean literature, ten for History, five for Business and Finance, and two for chemistry along with around two hundred math questions and fifteen books he was expected to read. He had already finishes two of the English essays, the two chemistry essays, and almost half of the math questions, but he had a long way to go and absolutely no motivation. The dark haired teen shook his head. There was no way in hell that he was writing another essay right now. So he grabbed the book he had been reading, To Kill a Mockingbird, and lay back on his bed.

     After about two hours, he had finally finished the book and the essay the went along with it. He sighed and let himself half fall from his bed, so that he was half on the matress and half on the floor. There was no way in hell he was doing any more of those stupid assignments right now. His face clicked over to the door and, deciding that it was as safe as it was getting, pulled himself back up onto his bed and grabbed his laptop and smiled at what he saw. The page for the Seoul Highschool of the Performing Arts was still open, and he quickly clucked into the online registration. He wasn't going to let his mother and father dictate his life anymore. At least, not all of it. He filled out the form for what was probably the twelfth time this week, but this time he hit confirm. He bit his lip as he stated at the screen, them quickly opened his email. There was no way that he was getting out of going to the school that his parents had selected and it was probably better if the headmaster of SHotPA knew that now instead of finding out about it later. He rewrote that email about ten times before he finally sent it, his mails digging nervously into his palms. It was only an hour and a half before he got a reply.

 

Jeon Jungkook -

     I would like to thank you for your interest in our school. Though this is an unusual situation to say the least, I have decided to acctept you into this school. Obviously, we will have to meet and discuss your schedule at some point before the start of this school year. I'm up at the school weekdays from 9:30 to 2 o'clock, and if that does not work for you then we could arrange another time and place to meet.

     Once again, I thank you for your interest and for notifying me of this strange situation in advance. I must warn you, however, that this will not be an easy thing to accomplish, though if your grades are anything to go by than I doubt that you will struggle with the amout of work that will be placed upon you. I have spoken confidentially with the headmaster of the Seoul Highschool of the Academically Gifted, and we have agreed that many of the classes you are to take there will be done online. As you have requested (and as I have informed him) your parents are not to be notified of this - though he may believe that your parents already know and also that their emails and phone numbers have been changed. And no, I don't know how he ever could have gotten that notion.

     I look forward to meeting you and having you in our school.

  Sincerely,

 Headmaster Kwon

     Jungkook grinned as he read the headmaster's reply. It was no joke when he said that this wouldn't be easy. He had to hide this from his parents and from anyone else who could possibly tell them, and he would get in massive trouble if they were to find out. But one thing was for sure: this was going to be one hell of a year.


A/N

So... That's Jungkook

Also... I'll give you guys a hint to something that I think some of you might like. Headmaster Kwon is a K-Pop idol, and a fairly well known one, at that. And this idol's last name is Kwon. Any guesses?

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed and I'll see you next time when things will hopefully be a little more interesting.