Chapter 2

If Tomorrow Never Comes

I am back! After a kill all exam (meaning it was so hard it left us dead) I finally had time to write chapter 2! I hope you guys wont be bored with this chapter. I decided to take it slow with thing so try to stick by. Please comment! By the way I am happy to see familiar names thanks LivTaeteuk02, Nine_9, chacha0123 and ametista for subscribing! <3

( ^_^ )

Chapter 2

            The alarm clock rings ending my sleep. I groan and reach out a hand trying to find the source of the annoying noise that interrupted my sleep. I want to sleep more. I barely slept because of all the paper works I had file for tomorrow’s report.

              I complain and sit up involuntarily. My hair is a mess. I rub my eyes in hopes of washing away my irritation. I am dreadfully grumpy in the morning. My annoyance and hot-headedness will disappear after I take a sip of my black coffee.

            I spot the source of my disturbed slumber and turned it off. I then look at my bed. “It wouldn’t hurt to go back to sleep will it?” I ask myself. I betrayed my self-disciplined and slump back into bed curling up with my fluffy blanket. I close my eyes and drift back into sleep.

           

            The bed is shaking. Is there an earthquake? I feel something wet and sloppy land on my right cheek. I am about to brush it away when I hear the giggle of a child. I feel tiny hands come around my neck, and then I feel the wetness touch my cheek again.

            “Momma wakey wakey!” I hear the sweet voice of a three year old child calling out to me, my three year old son to be exact. I open my eyes and see his face just inches from mine causing me to laugh.

            He lifts up my bangs and takes a peek at my face. We came eye to eye causing him to giggle.

            “Momma!” he greets me and then kisses me the cheek again. I hug him tight and puckered my lips signaling him to kiss me on the lips. He does so happily and then another wave of giggle erupts in my bedroom.

            “Momma its mowning!” He tells me in a very jolly manner.

            “Momma is still sleepy baby!” I tell him and then I mischievously pull him with me under the covers earning an outburst of giggles. I envelop his chubby body in my hugs and pepper his face with kisses.

            “Momma it twickles!” he complains as he writhes under my tickle attacks. I adore my chubby son. I stop tickling him and he lifts up the blanket and gives me his toothy grin showing his cute baby teeth.

            “Boo!” I scare him causing him to hide under the covers again. I am about to begin another tickling row when my bedroom door opens and I spot a beautiful black haired head peering through the doorway.

            “Momma wake up and get dressed or you’ll be late for work!” I hear a sweet voice scolding me. I sit up and my son comes out of the covers with a Boo!

            “Baby what time is it?” I ask my eldest daughter.

            “It’s almost 7 Momma! If you don’t hurry we will be caught up in the traffic jam later.” She informs me. I start to panic after hearing her words. I pick up my son from the bed and gathered up my things to head to the bathroom.

            “Let’s go Benji Momma needs to take a bath.” She tells her sibling.

            “Momma will take Benji to school?” Benjamin my son cutely asks me. I turn back to face him.

           “Yes Momma will take Benji to school.” I tell him calmly while mouthing thank you to my eldest.

            “Yay!” Benjamin squeals in happiness and then bolts out of the room.

            “Momma don’t take too long in the shower so you can have breakfast.” My eldest tells me.

            I smile at her and she leaves the room following her baby brother. I smile thanking God for giving me such a good daughter. I’m happy I decided to keep her that fateful day 13 years ago. I am now happily married with three beautiful children. My love story is actually a hurricane of a romance with the beginning starting out as a bleak illusion and ending with a happy yet frustrating manner. I snap out of my reminiscing and run to the bathroom.

            I decided to have a cold shower so that the grogginess will be washed away by the cold water. The cold water slides down my body causing me to shiver. I hurriedly latter shampoo and soap on my body while my teeth clatter in the coldness of the water. It’s freaking October and I decided to take a bath with cold water.

            I ran out of the bathroom with wrapped up in my robe with a towel wrapped around my hair. I got dressed in casual attire I wear a plain ¾ shirt paired with slacks and top it off with my favorite jacket, its actually my husband’s jacket but I just have a habit of wearing it everytime he is not home. I breathe in his scent which is still stuck to the fabric and smile. My smile turns into a sad frown when I remember that he is now halfway around the globe doing his job. I look at my wedding ring and remove it from my ring finger. Inside the ring band the words “Now and Forever” are engraved. I wear it again and draw my hand close to my chest imagining that it is him I am hugging. I miss him so much.

            I walk into the living room and I could see my kids busy in the kitchen. We were staying at a condo in the city near my work place. It had an open floor plan so the living is connected to the dining room and also to the kitchen. We have a house somewhere in San Francisco but my job demanded that we live in LA. My husband doesn’t mind and our condo is actually located in the upper east side of town which was nearer to where he worked as well.

            I smiled at the sight of my eldest daughter Serena flipping pancakes in the air with ease. I give her a tight hug and a kiss on the head.

            “Good morning baby.” I greeted.

            “Morning Momma.” She greeted me back while setting down a stack of steaming hot pancakes for my plate.

            “Baby did you eat already?” I asked her.

            “Yes momma.” She replied as she cleaned up the mess in the kitchen.

            “Just leave that on the sink baby. How about your meds did you take them already.” I ask her again while eating the delicious pancakes she has cooked.

            “Sissy hasn’t taken her meds yet momma.” My eight 9 year old daughter Violet informed me.

            “Serena! What time is it already? You know you have to it on time.” I told her sternly.

            “Sorry momma.” Serena apologized and goes to her room to get her medicine.

            “Vivi baby keep eating. Serena come here I want to see you drinking it.” I called after my daughter. She comes into the kitchen and shows three distinct blue jelly tablets.  My daughter has inherited her grandmother’s illness and I blame myself for it, she got it from me of course. She poops them into and drowns them down with water. I smiled and nod showing my satisfaction. I rub her back as she sat beside me and we continue to have our breakfast.

            “Who dressed up Benji?” I asked my son and he happily points at his older sister Serena. I pinched my eldest daughter’s cheeks earning a groan.

            “I packed his things momma.” Violet tells me proudly.

            “Well done Vivi!” I praised my second while Serena pats Benjamin’s head while he happily eats his pancake.

 

            “Serena baby is everything set?” I ask her as we leave the condo.

            “Everything is here momma.” She answers as she holds Benji’s hand.

            “How about you Vivi?” I asked Violet.

           “All packed and ready.” Violet answered happily. I locked the door and we headed to the elevator. I happily greeted my neighbors as we saw them pass by. We got into the car and Violet helped her brother in the car seat while Serena sat with me up front.

            “Seatbelt on.” I remind them.

            “Already on!” they reply happily. I drove into the road while I the radio for the morning news.

            “Momma did daddy call?” Serena asked me while fixing her sister’s bag.

            “No sweetie it seems he is still busy with work.” I replied while taking a left turn.

            The atmosphere inside the car quieted down a little.

            “Momma wens daddy comin back?” Benji asked me while fidgeting with his toy robot.

            “Daddy will come back next week Benji.” Serena teold him calmly.

            “Oh!” Benji said then squealed. Serena looked at me with her Am-I-right?-look and I mouthed an I’m not sure.

            “Momma we’ll call daddy later right?” She asked me. Violet and Benji looked at me with anticipation. I smiled and said cheerfully.

            “Of course but later right now daddy might be resting.”

            The quiet atmosphere vanished and my kids began making cheerful noises. I relaxed. I know that they have been missing their dad; it’s not a surprise since this is the only time he has been made to extend his stay.

            We arrive at the girl’s elementary school and I kissed my daughters goodbye. I drive off towards the day care center where I would leave Benji.

            “Ready to play with your friends baby?” I ask him and he happily giggles. Benji is a happy child, like his older sister Serena. He is jolly and rarely cries, my pregnancy with him has also been an easy one. Violet on the other hand is a sensitive baby; she loves her peace and quiet. I am not complaining though my kids have been easier to handle unlike other kids.

            I unbuckled his seat belt as we reach the day care center and I happily drop him off. He smiled at me continually until I waved goodbye and he dashed inside to play with his playmates.

 

            I arrive at work thankfully not late even though I got caught up in a traffic jam. I greeted my co-workers and they return the greeting warmly. I work as a reporter in one of the largest TV station in the state. My forte political stories and anything related to science. I am fine with almost anything though. I love my job. Who would have thought that shy old Taeyeon would become a journalist? A good to at that.

            “How is the employee of the year?” My co-workers joke with me. I have been the employee of the year ever since I started working here. I should be working as an anchorwoman now but I prefer the field than staying in the studio. I happily greeted Marcy our head anchorwoman as she hands me a cup of coffee. Marcy and I are best buddies actually I am friends with all of my co-workers.

            “Let me guess house problems?” I ask her seeing the scowl on her face.

            “Len’s been acting up at school again and as usual Ted is doing nothing!” she blurts out her frustration. I pat her back as I listen to her worries. Allen her son is a problematic teen while her husband is a bookworm type of guy slow to anger and sort of unresponsive.

            “It’s ok Marce.” I comfort her.

            Our chit-chat is disrupted as she is called to the studio we are about to go on air. I call my camera man and we head out into the field in his car. Our boss gave us a thumbs up before we head out. Bobby my cameraman is a happy guy with two kids and a happy wife. He is a jolly man who got a little spoiled with donuts, he is sort of fat. He has red hair and a short beard. He looks a like Mario Bochelli the chef from Food network.

            My story for today is all about environmental problems being encountered in the Californian coast recently. It was the usual thing but happily this story is garnering a lot more interest from the viewers since similar cases are now appearing in other parts of America.

 

            I slump back in my car seat after picking Benji and my girls from school. I decided to just eat out since I am too tired to cook anything. They are happily discussing about their events today while I listened. We had our meal in one of Serena’s favorite dining spots.

            After dinner I told the girls that I would sleep early since I’m tired, they understood of course. I told Serena that she could call her dad while I slept. They are ecstatic of course. I can hear then squealing on the phone while talking to him. I feel asleep soon afterwards.

            I woke up and heard my phone beep. Serena must have left it near my bed side table when I was asleep. I look at my phone and immediately recognized the caller.

            “Hey.” I greeted him groggily.

            “How’s my missus?” he asks me playfully.

            “Fine but sleepy.” I replied while playing with the hem of his oversized t-shirt.

            He chuckles after hearing my reply.

            “I’m wearing your shirt.” I told him he chuckled all the more.

            “If you keep that up I might not have anything to wear when I get home.” He jokes. My eyes become teary.

            “Honey when are you coming home?” I ask my voice betraying me and breaking at the end of the sentence.

            “After I’m done with my job. I miss you.” He tells me.

            I let out a sob and reply “I miss you more.”

            With that we end our call like always it is hanging. Both of us have agreed never to say goodbye because I always end up crying if we do. I receive his text and he says.

            “Stay safe, don’t sleep to late…”

            My eyes are glued to the phone. He has never failed to care for me; he is always there for me unlike someone I used to know. It has been a month since he left for work, the usual thing he gets sent somewhere far for important matters. But this is by far the longest he has been sent away. Usually he says no to far away work. I understand of course since I am usually the one away being a reporter that is. I just really miss him. i fall asleep and end up having a dream about my past, the past I chose to bury away.