Chapter 1

If Tomorrow Never Comes

Hello! I'm back with another taeteuk! What do you guys think of this story? LivTaeteuk02 what can you say about this chapter? I did as you asked and used their real names instead. I kinda figured you guys will be so confused if I used other names for them. Enjoy!

V ( ^_^ ) V

 Chapter 1

             I waited for his response as I directed my stare at the ground beneath my feet. There was a long silence before I heard him speak harshly.

            “Are you ******** kidding me?! Do you think I’m an idiot? I’m sure you have slept with a dozen guys!” He yelled at me angrily.

            I was caught off guard by his words. My eyes began to sting and tears were threatening to fall.

            “I am not an idiot Taeyeon! Look if some dude did this to you then you should go to him and stop passing the responsibility to other people!” He yelled even louder causing me to flinch.

            “I don’t care what you do to yourself! Just don’t ******** get me involved in your problems because I don’t give a !” he added.

            My mouth felt dry and my heart was already scattered in pieces on the floor.

            “Sora did say that you had a thing for me, I should have known! I should have listened to her! If you think I would ruin my relationship for a Nobody like you, then you a mistaken. If you can remember the dude that banged you then it’s no longer my concern!” he told me menacingly while jerking my arm forward harshly.

            “You are wasting my time! Our friendship is over! Do you hear me? Over! I never want to see your pathetic face coming near me ever again! You’re a ! A !” he added viciously while holding my arm in a harsh way so that I was facing him.

            The last ounce of self-respect I had in me kicked in and I was able to face him calmly. I gently detached myself from his grip and looked at him in the eyes.

            “I’m sorry if I wasted your time. Don’t worry Jungsu I won’t bother you anymore.” I told him as I slowly retreated back to the road. When I was sure I was far away from him I let the tears that I was suppressing fall. I walked weakly back to my house which was just two blocks away from the park.

            I chilly night air whipped at my body making me shiver. I sobbed while I walked. His words kept on repeating in my brain and more tears fell. I never believed that the boy I grew up with and happily called a friend could ever utter such words to me. We had grown up together, attended the same elementary school and later on junior high and now high school. He was one of my closest friend, mainly because we were neighbors and our mothers used to be best of friends, but after my mother died their family became distant and he too drifted away to his new found friends. He was the school heartthrob, the ace player of the school football team as well as the basketball team. The main jock as you would call it.

            Even though we belonged to different groups as mandated by the status quo I still treated him the same when we would meet every morning. His house was just across mine. I admit that I had feelings for him ever since we were kids but I was not the type to force myself into someone’s life knowing perfectly well that they loved someone else. I was contented watching him from afar and contented to just listening to him talk whenever he came over to our porch to chat. I was happy with just that, seeing him happy with Sora made me happy as well. I knew that he would never have feelings for me and I accepted that.

            I hurried into our backyard and climbed the top of our tree house, the one my father had built for me and my little brother, and cried my heart out. Every word he had said killed me inside. I never slept with another boy aside from him, he was my first. And even that night was a mistake, we were both drunk and I was not thinking straight. I never planned to have with him, it was never like that. He made me feel like I was worthless; he even called me a .

            I only told him of my predicament so that he would know. I never asked him to take responsibility, I just wanted to let him know that I was pregnant and he was the father. My dad said that he had the right to know, so I summed up all the courage I had and decided to tell him. I never knew I would be so degraded and insulted like this. I am not a fool not to know of his undying love for Kang Sora, and I have no intention of ruining his relationship.

            My tears continued to fall as I replayed all his insults over and over again. I ended up crying myself to sleep on the tree house…

 

            It was dinner time and daddy was looking at me worriedly. It was just me and him in the house since Yuto my younger brother was sleeping over at his friend’s house to finish their science project. My dad Kim Jiyong was the type of father who was very caring towards his children. He had raised Yuto and me on his own ever since my mom died of a rare blood disease when I was in 5th grade. He placed his knife and fork down and looked at me.

            “Princess did you tell him?” he asked me and I feebly nodded. He sighed.

           “Did something happen? Did he say something to you?” he asked me while staring at me directly.

            I shook my head because if my father found out about what he had said, daddy would surely storm into the Park estate and create a scene. Uncle James and Aunt Susan would find out about my condition and that was the last thing I wanted to happen.

            I placed my eating utensils down and sat still awaiting any scolding that would come from him. My dad just looked at me and I felt so bad about myself. He had accepted my condition wholeheartedly and though he did scold me at first, he was very supportive afterwards. He was glad because I decided to make a moral and mature decision of keeping my baby. My dad was never the too religious type but he was a very kindhearted man. He had big dreams for me and I had let him down. I was just 17 and here I was pregnant with a child whose father was not willing to even recognize his/her existence. I made up my mind to leave this town. I wanted to get away from all of this. I wanted to get away from him, from the pain and drama, from everything actually.

            “Daddy didn’t you say that the company wanted give you a promotion?” I asked him.

            “Yes princess but I don’t see what this has to do with…” daddy asked. I didn’t let him finish his sentence.

            “Can’t you accept it?” I asked him or more like pleaded with him.

            “Princess that promotion requires us to move to a new town in another state.” He told me sternly.

            “I know daddy but you’ve worked so hard for a promotion…” I said.

            “Princess what is this all about?” he asks me. I hesitated  a bit before making up my mind to just tell him.

            “Daddy I want to leave this place. Let’s go somewhere else, start anew.” I told him while I gazed at my plate. I couldn’t look him in the eye knowing that I was asking him to sacrifice everything he and my mom had built here. I heard my dad sighed for the second time.

            We continued to eat but before our dinner ended; my dad held my hand and said.

            “This is the town where your mom and I have grown up in. This place holds dear memories to us and I’m sure to you and Yuto as well. You guys also grew up here.” He told me with sadness. I felt bad about asking him to move earlier.

            “But if leaving this place would mean that you will live life comfortably then I am willing to do so.” Daddy told me.

            I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, daddy was agreeing with me to move, he will accept the promotion!

            “We will start anew princess. Don’t worry ok daddy is here for you.” He told me. I wanted to cry.

           “And don’t worry about Yuto your brother will understand, ok.” Daddy said as he patted my head.

            Daddy did the dishes while I rested in my bedroom. I was getting tired easily because of my condition and it really bothered me. Moving out would it mean that we would sell the house? Maybe daddy would choose to keep it. This was their dream house daddy couldn’t possibly sell it could he?

 

            I stared out at the window as our car sped out of town. My brother Yuto was not happy with the move but thankfully he understood my situation so he accepted it after letting out his frustration. We had a teary goodbye to all of our neighbors and to those who knew my dad which basically almost everyone in town.

            I was surprised when I found out that Daddy did not tell them earlier about our moving. Our neighbors were very surprised especially the Parks since they were like family. I said goodbye to those I knew and to those who said goodbye even though we weren’t friends. Jungsu came with the Parks and I was forced to interact with him.

            Dad promised to keep in touch with everyone but knowing my dad he would definitely forget all about them especially those who only became friends with him for benefits. Daddy sold the house and Yuto and I couldn’t believe that he actually sold it.

            “If we are to start a new life guys we should start properly. We can’t do that if something is keeping us back am I right?” he asked us before we moved.

            I watched the sun set into the horizon. We have left the borders of our town and we were heading south. As we reached the hill, I was amazed as I saw the beautiful Pacific Ocean made more beautiful by the setting sun. My hand moved towards my stomach.

            While I looked at the sun going down I promised my unborn child that I would never ever let her/him feel the same thing I had felt. I promise to be a good mom just like my mom and also to give him or her a good future.

            I would keep my baby safe.