60 Seconds.

Give it a chance

'It was a special day to begin with. 

But work waits for no man, and you can't miss today's work either. 
You were incharge of a presentation in the afternoon and you had three meetings to attend. 
You need to prepare two documents that required approval of higher management. 
Like, I've said, Work waits for no man. 

You know you shouldn't be planning on the day itself, but you were tied up with work. 
Busy, a way overused excuse. 
A Party was too mainstream. And you know Gyu wouldn't be too fancy about that idea of reminding him that he turned 26.

You thoughts stopped short as spotted your boss taking the lift at the corner.
You quickened your pace and hurried over to discuss over the details of the finalised projects.
You knew it would be tough to get him later. 

When it had ended, you've settled down, your inbox was flooded. 
You gave an annoyed groan as you opened the first mail. 
Your mind drifted as your read the proposal that your colleague sent you. 
You didn't know what you could do for your husband.. 


The whole day was packed as you hurried from a meeting to another.. 
You managed to slip a call to WooHyun, his words rang in your head for the rest of the day.

 "I don't know, " you muttered softly. 
"Give it a chance, " Woohyun encouraged, " Who knows? " 


When you finally had the chance to sit, it was already five minutes to six. 
 

You took advantage of the extra five minutes to escape the huge crowd. 
Your legs were yelling in agony as the aching feeling was overwhelming you. 
You ignored and went on to the subway station. You stopped over a bakery shop and contemplated if you should grab a cake. 
You mused at your childish thoughts and went with a pororo teeny cake. 
You wanted to order some takeaway, but the minute you saw the crowd by the station, that thought was abandoned. 


===================


SungGyu sighed as his childish pals with gifts that was as silly as baby booties. 
Or talk about the visual MyungSoo going to the extend of getting a baby rattle for him. 
" Happy 26!~ " They sang, as Woohyun led them. 
Sunggyu gave a desperate glance at the CEO, mouthed, " Save Me " 
He just chuckled and join in the song. 
SungGyu gave up and went along to nod his head along with their singing and clapped to the beat. 
What will he do without these six amazing people? 


===================

" You have twenty minutes. " 
You tossed your phone to the couch as you hurriedly set up the dorm. 
You didn't want to do anything fanciful, but you did wanted to do something unusual today. 

===================

"What? " 
" We're celebrating. " 
"Without me? " SungGyu pushed his head forward and glanced at the boys in disbelief. 

"Duhhh~ " SungJong sang a little too loud. 
SungGyu shot him a glare. 
" What's the meaning of this? It's my birthday. " 
"Aish, grumpy old grandpa, just go home and rest early. " HoWon teased. 

Woohyun chuckled as he threw his hands across SungGyu's shoulders, " Best Friend, I can only do you the honor of ensuring your safety to the dorm, making sure you don't fall and break your hips. But, a treat out with the boys to Soju and gossiping about you, I can't miss that. " 

SungGyu glared at his best pal, " You've got to be kidding me. " 

Woohyun dragged SungGyu away before he could say anything. 

" Is this a prank? " SungGyu already getting upset. 
"If this is a prank, I don't find it funny. " SungGyu snapped. 

"Me Neither, " Woohyun said it with a straight face. 

SungGyu stared at him, confused. 

" Trust me, You'll rather stay at home then being with us. " 

===================

"Bye! " 
WooHyun slammed the door at SungGyu's face before SungGyu could protest. 
SungGyu turned around. 

===================

You were dressed up like a rocker. 
You shyly stared at him with your overdrawn eyeliner and posed a rocker sign. 
His eyes grew wider than before, you took in a breath and started singing 60 Seconds in a rocker style. 
Purposely driving him over the edge with your keys hitting way off the range to .  
You went behind the table and grabbed the pororo cake with the lit candle and presented to him with a curtsey. 
You peeked at him with one eyes closed and the other eye opened to see how he took your performance. 

He just stared at you, still in disbelief. 
" Did... Woohyun told you to do that ? " 
That smile fell off your face. 
" Howon ? " SungGyu suggested. 

Your brows knitted and you frowned. " No, " 
You surveyed his reaction, " You...didn't like it? " you asked softly. 

He scratched his eyebrows with a finger. 
" Let's clean up your make-up. " He replied and turned you around by your shoulder. 

You kept turning around and wondered his reaction. 

===================

He wet the cotton wool with the make-up remover and gentlly wiped your face. 
You kept your eyes closed, but you didn't know the silent smile that he was shyly letting it grow on his face. 
"Gyu? " 
"Mmm? " 
"Did you-" He cheekily used the cotton wool to clean off the black lipstick on your lips. 
You whined and opened your eyes to shoot him a glare. 
A big mistake as it stung your eye. 
You started panicking and flushed your eyes with water. 
He was pretty flustered too and waited for you clean the solution out before passing you a towel. 
You didn't spoke a word, afterwards. 

===================

He probably felt a little bad for playing with you.
And not appreciating your gift, you knew that he wasn't always that expressive. 
He still, lovingly tucked you in the bed with him by your side. 
He pulled the blankets higher, and fluff up the pillow, before you letting you rest your back on it. 
Which you refused and leaned on his chest, you immediately asked, 
" Gyu? " 
" Mmm? " 
" You hate it right? " 

He looked at you, he thought for a while, before a smile broke his face, and he nodded with a playful smirk.  

You buried your face in your hands and groaned in embarrassment. " Aish... " you kept rambling on. 
He just chuckled and pull you in closer. 
" But I love the girl who did that. " 
You still refused to look up and continued getting washed by the waves of embarrassment. 

"You don't have to lie,... " You grumbled. 

You didn't know what went into you to sing that. 
Just, you wanted to do something different. 
Something that wouldn't just remind him of his birthday, but his dreams, his passion. 
Somehow, the underlying reasons of how you fell in love with him. 

That's why you took the chance, when Woohyun told you so. 
You don't know know what's right or wrong, but you love him. 
And that's the only thing in your mind. 

 

"Hey.. Hey... " He cooed. 
"Remember the first time you sang to me? " SungGyu started. 
"At least, you've improved, " He joked.