One Minute.

Give it a chance

You heaved a long but soft sigh, as you tried to focus on the words before you.
" In the collision of these two chemicals, " the teacher's voice boomed in the lecture theatre, with the help of the microphone. 
You gave another sigh, and took a side glance at him. 

He had to wear that colour today, your mind cursed, but your heart cheered. 
You always thought he looked good in that colour. 
Scratched that, he looks absolutely dashing, it always took your breath away, figuratively and literally. 
It took you by surprise one day, that you would actually be affected by the colour on him. 
It was probably the wind that toss his hair wildly that day, or how his friends conveniently threw him a joke that made him laughed and send echos that coursed through your veins and sent your heart to tingle at its "aftershocks" . 
And ever since then, he was always around your vision. 
You would always be aware of his presence. 

"The effects, would be the disappearing blue precipitation." 
You groaned as you glanced at the clock when your phone screen lit up.
One more hour to go. 
You lazily supported your chin with your hand pretending to be listening to the lecturer. 
" And, it would be... " 

You felt your friend nudge you from the side, you threw her an annoyed look as you mouthed, " What? " 
She smirked, and pushed a messily torn note paper to you.
Her neat handwriting wrote, " Somebody is mesmerised by the colour on him? " 
She even drew a cheeky face. 
You rolled your eyes, " No. " You pushed the paper back to her. 

Swiftly, she scribbled some words and returned the paper to you. 
" I heard it's his birthday today. " 
You didn't know how to response. 
It would seem like a stalker if you've written that you knew about it. 
It would seem like you're mindlessly crushing on him, without knowing anything about him.
That was far from the truth. 
You just tapped the pen against the table softly, a little too distracted by her comment, and way distracted to be focusing on Chemistry. 
You glanced at him sideways, taking note of his side profile. 
He leaned in, as his friend whispered something to him. 
His small eyes widened, and your heart took a leap as you were mesmerised by the intensity of his visions. 
It was a tad bit too late when you realised he was searching through the crowds of people. 
You were probably sure that he was looking for you 
You hurriedly tried to scribble a note on your paper, half-heartedly pretending to put on a nice studious pose that would reflect your...well, hardworking side. 
When you were sure that his adorable eyes stop scanning the crowd, you gave a soft sigh of relief. 

The next hour was horrible, as your friend persistently teased you whenever he looked over. 
Just, she never knew about you and him.
There was a story much more than being lecture mates.
Or you as a silent crush.  

 

=============================


You packed your stuff and slide them all into your backpack. 
" See you! " Your friend called out, and she ran off. 
Alone, you frowned a little. 
But, you weren't all that bothered, for what awaits you later is better. 


You looked around, before huddling your books close to your chest. 
You lowered your head and weaved through the crowds. 
You aren't those that would mingle with strangers, let alone, be "famous" enough to have anyone to stop you at your tracks. 
You just went to that particular bench, and playfully swung your legs back and forth like a little girl when you're settled on the bench. 
" 1... 2... " You started counting. 

You saw a shadow approaching you, you looked up. 
And he was there, smiling at you. 
"Somebody wasn't listening in the lecture, eh? " He teased. 
You shrugged, lowering your head a little before looking back up at him again. 
" Happy Birthday, " You mumbled shyly.