Sweetness & Pests

Messenger of the Deceased

Note: This whole part deals with Aron's memories. I tried to make that clear and to keep it in his point-of-view but sometimes Minhyun snuck in and I'm too tired to fix it. This hasn't even been properly edited either, so please pardon me. 

There is a scene in this part even though I didn't mark this mature (it says to if the entire story is under that rating which it isn't). The scene isn't overly detailed but if you wish to skip it, it is the fourth part that begins with mentioning their first date.


Aron enjoyed reminiscing. Being a medium shoved him into the past regularly, so it wasn’t much of a surprise when he often looked back on memories – fond or not. At this point in time he had more fond memories than anything which made reminiscing all the more enjoyable.

Who could have possibly predicted three years ago, Aron Kwak would be where he was today. The awkward loner with the spirit talking ability was now a graduate with a degree in business and had a handful of close friends he could probably consider family. On top of those accomplishments, he was in a committed relationship for over two years now and they were still going steady. It had been a bumpy road along the way with many adjustments and risks but Aron would relive past hardships a thousands times over to keep that man by his side.

Three years ago, Minhyun Hwang was a random stranger walking along a park path with a very determined spirit waiting for the chance to give him the push to let go. Aron just so happened to be that push and Minhyun had gone from stranger to best friend to life-long lover in a matter of months.

Aron could still recall their meeting that May evening in a nearly empty park in Seoul. He could remember his conversation with his sisters’ on the phone and the feeling of a spirit reaching out to him. The memory of Minhyun’s smile and tears were imprinted on his mind.

The twenty-seven-year-old remembered getting that first call from the younger male and the many meetings that resulted. He recalled introducing Minhyun to Ren and Baekho and eventually Jason. How the five of them – regardless of the age range – slowly got to know each other and connect. Aron remembered all this and more; some memories more important than others. It was nice to go through the motions of remembering and sort of reliving the events that led up to who he was today.

 

 

 

Minhyun had been confusing him lately and Aron was at a loss on how to fix it. The twenty-five-year-old medium was his best friend and the two of them were practically inseparable. The problem was with the mixed messages Aron kept on receiving from his friend. Sometimes Minhyun acted as he always did, attached to Aron’s hip and carefree with his actions and words. But there were other times when he was distant and drawn into himself. Aron wasn’t sure if it was something he did or if there was something bothering Minhyun that he didn’t know about.

There really was only one way to find out.

Aron had decided to show up at Minhyun’s apartment unannounced and see if he could get him to fess up. Minhyun was still in his only class of the day so Aron let himself in and waited. A half an hour of flipping through television channels later and Aron heard the front door open.

Minhyun rounded the corner and caught sight of the burnet occupying his apartment. “I thought you were a thief.”

“You walked in here pretty calmly thinking someone was robbing you,” Aron replied, turning down the volume on the TV. “What if the thief was still here?”

“Then I’d demand the robber get his gross feet off my coffee table,” Minhyun swatted at Aron’s propped up feet, “and let him know to lock the door behind him next time. It’s pretty obvious someone’s gotten in when the door is unlocked and the TV is on.”

The medium laughed and took his feet off the furniture. “I don’t make a very good thief, do I?”

“Not at all. When did you get here? You knew I had class today.”

“Dong Joon’s finishing up the rest of our work at the office today so I was bored. I thought I’d stop by to surprise you when you get home.”

“Well, it was quite the surprise.” Minhyun smiled but it didn’t reach his eyes.

Aron stood and headed for the kitchen. “I’ll make you something to eat.”

“Thank you.” The younger brunet took out his laptop, situated himself on the couch and began working on what Aron guessed was University work.

The medium watched him for a minute and exhaled loudly, beginning to pull together ingredients to cook. Aron could cook, his mother had taught him when he was younger and the knowledge hadn’t left him yet. Before, there was never any reason for him to cook since it was difficult to cook for one and he was quite lazy. Now, he had a reason to cook; to stop Minhyun from eating ramyeon every day for the rest of his life. Tonight, Aron felt like Italian and he knew pasta was a quick way to butter Minhyun up.

Fifteen minutes later, the medium set two plates of spaghetti on the table and poked his head into the other room. “Dinner’s ready.”

Minhyun looked up and smiled. “It smells like spaghetti.” He set the laptop aside and took his seat at the small dining table. The pair of them sat across from one another and ate in relative silence. The clicking of chopsticks against plates and soft sound of chewing was the only thing heard in the apartment. Once Minhyun set his fork down and hummed in satisfaction, Aron decided to act.

“Min, what has been going on with you recently?” Hopefully the direct approach wouldn’t cause Minhyun to close up further.

The younger brunet stared down at his place for a minute, as if deciding how to answer. Eventually he stood, picking up his plate and heading for the sink. “I’ve just been busy with essays and such.”

Aron got up himself and followed Minhyun into the kitchen with his dishes. “I’ve known you long enough to be able to tell when something’s wrong. It has nothing to do with school.”

The younger brunet sighed and filled the sink with soapy water. He waited until it was full until he spoke again, “I’m just so confused.” His voice had taken on a strange tone that Aron recognized immediately. Something was really burdening Minhyun.

The medium set his plate down and moved behind his friend, wrapping his arms around him. It wasn’t odd for Aron to give Minhyun a back hug; they were that comfortable with each other even after such a short time of knowing each other. “What are you confused about?”

Minhyun turned in Aron’s hold, pushing him back a bit so the two could look at each other properly. “This,” the younger brunet gestured between the two of them. “You’re confusing. You touch me so… so intimately!” Minhyun’s cheeks flushed with colour. “We’re friends, just like you are with Ren and Baekho and Jason but you don’t touch them like this! You know how I am and yet –” The blushing brunet exhaled heavily and then continued, “I just want to know what your intention is. If this is a game, I don’t want to play anymore. If we’re just going to remain friends then stop leading me on!”

Aron was startled speechless by Minhyun’s little explosion. He hadn’t realized that the younger brunet felt this way. Yeah, he was aware of Minhyun’s uality but the medium hadn’t really thought of how his actions affected him. It was as if Aron didn’t even consider himself an option for Minhyun. The attraction had been there for Aron since the moment he had laid eyes on the younger brunet but he had never actually thought about it past that. When they met, Minhyun was mourning over the loss of a girlfriend and best friend; Aron had acted as a support system that helped him become more comfortable with who he was. Now they were best friends and the medium filled that role as such. Did Minhyun want more? Or was he just uncomfortable with how touchy Aron always was?

In a spur of the moment decision, Aron leaned forward and crushed his lips against Minhyun’s. The taller male stiffened, no doubt shocked by the sudden act. The medium didn’t give him a chance to push him away, quickly holding his head in place. For a few moments the kiss was completely one sided on Aron’s part until Minhyun began to relax and kiss back. Boldly, the older brunet swiped his tongue along the taller male’s bottom lip, asking for entry. It was granted and Aron explored Minhyun’s mouth, pressing the younger male against the kitchen counter. The room became hotter as hands began to roam and lips became more desperate.

Neither of them was thinking, only feeling; giving in to the desires they both held secret. Aron broke away from Minhyun’s mouth first but continued down his jaw and throat with light pecks.

Minhyun’s breath was coming short and his fingers were splayed in Aron’s hair. “Ronnie,” he gasped, tugging the medium’s hair.

Aron stopped his current path and looked up at the taller male. “Sorry.” The older brunet certainly didn’t look sorry with the smug smirk plastered on his face.

Minhyun smacked the medium’s chest with half-hearted strength. He wouldn’t meet Aron’s eyes.

“So, how was that for our first kiss?”

Minhyun hit him again.

Aron laughed. “Well, you certainly didn’t not enjoy it.”

“You’re a jerk,” muttered Minhyun, eyes downcast and cheeks red as tomatoes.

“But you still like me,” Aron teased, grinning widely.

The taller brunet finally looked up, his eyes watering. “Do you like me or do you just kiss every one of your friends?”

The bitterness in Minhyun’s voice forced the smile right off Aron’s face. The medium captured the other brunet’s eyes, making sure to express the sheer seriousness he felt. “I like you, Minhyun.”

Nothing was the same after that.

 

 

 

The twelfth of every month for the last five months was agreed to be a special night. It was the day Minhyun met Aron and finally let go of his grief. They had only been dating for a few weeks but the day had still been celebrated like they did when they were only friends. It was a simple celebration that usually meant they went over to one of their apartments and hung around all night.

The medium wanted pizza that night, so the pair lounged around Aron’s apartment, watching a fantasy movie while waiting for the food to be delivered. The older brunet had seen the movie numerous times before so he became bored in the first five minutes. Minhyun hadn’t seen the film before so Aron – being the great boyfriend he was – sacrificed his entertainment for the night.

“Min, won’t you give me a foot massage?” The medium had been trying since he had given up watching the TV.

“Not now, I’m trying to watch.” A dismissive hand was waved in his direction. Minhyun was too focused on reading the Korean subtitles translating the English words.

Aron pouted and leaned towards his boyfriend, wrapping his arms around his neck and placing strategic nips up Minhyun’s throat.

“R-Ronnie,” the younger brunet moaned, his eyes slipping shut for a moment.

The medium smirked devilishly and led on the soft skin between Minhyun’s neck and shoulder. It left a bright red mark that wouldn’t go away for a while, proving that Minhyun was taken.

“Ah, Aron.” The movie was forgotten for now and the older male continued his path down to his boyfriend’s collarbones. He didn’t get very far when the doorbell rang – probably their food – and Minhyun got up to answer the door.

The medium sat on the couch, pouting like a child denied dessert – which he sort of was.

“Aron, where’s the money?” Minhyun called from the front doorway.

With a sigh, the brunet stood and grabbed his wallet – that Minhyun walked right by – and fished around in it for some cash. “How much?” The medium stopped short when he reached the front doorway and saw who was at the door holding a pizza box. “You; I know you!”

Minhyun looked confused and the delivery boy smiled in amusement. “I know you too; the ghost whisperer right?”

Aron grinned. “I’m pretty memorable, huh?”

“I’m sorry to interrupt but how do you know the pizza delivery guy?” Minhyun didn’t like being left out of the loop.

“I’m JR. Aron and I met in a convenience store and he claimed to be getting a message from my grandparents. It was a while back but you just can’t forget things like that.”

The medium chuckled. “How’s it going?”

“Things are going good. I decided to listen to you – or rather my grandparents – and I was accepted into the school I want to go to.”

“That’s great. I told you dead people know what they’re talking about.”

JR smiled. “So you did. I didn’t think I’d run into you again. My mom wanted to thank you personally.”

Aron was a little surprised. He had approached JR months ago. “She doesn’t really have to. I was only giving a message.”

“Your message from my grandparents really helped her. I hope this isn’t too weird.” The red-head looked slightly embarrassed. “Maybe we could meet for coffee or something. She just really wants to express her thanks.”

“Yeah, sure,” Aron agreed, smiling. “I’d be happy too.”

“Great. Could we exchange numbers? I have to get going to my other deliveries so…”

Aron quickly went to grab his phone and they gave each other their numbers. Minhyun paid JR and took the pizza. They said bye and Minhyun took a seat on the couch again, resting the whole pizza box on his lap. Aron followed after him and snatched a piece of pizza out of the box.

“He was hot,” Minhyun admitted, smirking and taking a large bite off his slice.

“But I’m hotter,” Aron replied, moving the pizza box onto the coffee table so he could sit in his boyfriend’s lap.

“Well, duh. The whole ‘I see dead people’ vibe really does it for me.” Arms s around the medium’s waist and hot breath was blown in his ear.

Aron shivered and leaned back against the younger brunet. “Do you really want to continue to watch this movie? The guy ends up saving the planet but loses the girl in the end.”

Minhyun gasped and hit the older male. “Hey, don’t spoil it for me!”

Too late.” Aron’s grin was teasing.

“You little –” The taller brunet twisted and pinned his boyfriend to the couch, beginning an all out tickle war. Aron loved the twelfth of every month.

 

 

 

As far as first dates go, theirs has been incredibly usual and not very creative. Aron, being the romantic he was, had taken Minhyun out to a movie, came back to his place to cook dinner and make-out on the sofa for a little while. By their seventh date, Minhyun had invited the medium to stay the night and Aron became Minhyun’s first partner and Minhyun became Aron’s first male partner. The whole event was weird and clumsy but hardly unforgettable. They learned pretty quickly.

Tonight, after going out to dinner with Ren and Baekho, Aron walked Minhyun to his apartment and Minhyun quite literally dragged him inside by his jacket collar. Their lips crashed together and the younger brunet wasted no time in leading the older male towards his bedroom. Aron happily followed, never once letting his boyfriend’s lips go.

Minhyun shoved the medium down on the bed and settled himself so he was straddling Aron’s hips. The taller male leaned down and tugged his boyfriend’s earlobe with his teeth. “Can I top tonight?”

The question surprised Aron since so far, Aron had always been the one taking Minhyun, not the other way around. The older brunet moaned as his ear was harshly treated. The younger male had never acted so dominant before; it might have been from the glass or two of wine he had a dinner but Aron wasn’t exactly complaining. It was quite the turn on.

“I don’t see why not,” Aron breathlessly replied, sneaking his fingers up under his boyfriend’s sweater and his sides.

Minhyun pulled back from his ear and smirked. “I’ll be sure to make you feel good, I promise,” he practically purred, helping the male under him sit up so he could rid him of his jacket and shirt.

Aron was already getting hard, just from the tone in the younger brunet’s voice. He didn’t know that the previously innocent and sweet Minhyun had such a side but it was definitely welcomed. The medium was all his tonight.

Minhyun splayed his fingers on the older male’s chest and leaned down, placing sloppy, open mouthed kisses along Aron’s jaw and throat. A well placed nip to his Adam’s apple had Aron letting out a deep moan.

“Just lay there and keep making those sounds, gorgeous,” Minhyun purred, ling on the skin between Aron’s shoulders and neck. The medium did as told, squirming as Minhyun continued to mark him.

As soon as a hot tongue experimentally flicked over his left , the medium let out a loud gasp and sunk his fingers into Minhyun’s hair, tugging. The younger male would have none of that and quickly pinned Aron’s arms above his head with one hand. The older male was at his complete mercy. Minhyun continued where he left off and bit the hard nub gently and Aron’s could feel him smile when another groan left his throat.

“Min- ngh,” Aron was cut off with a moan as his boyfriend moved onto his neglected and blew hot air on the sensitive nub.

“Does that feel good, Ronnie?” Minhyun’s smile was dangerous and his eyes were blown with lust.

Aron could only moan in reply when the younger male boldly cupped him through his jeans. Grinning victoriously, Minhyun continued his path down his boyfriend’s chest and teasingly dipped his tongue into his naval. Aron gasped and tried to get his arms out of Minhyun’s grasp. There might be bruises on his wrists tomorrow from the force he was being restricted with.

“I’ll let you go if you promise to not use your hands until given permission,” Minhyun proposed, catching Aron’s eyes.

The medium nodded. “I promise,” he replied breathlessly.

Minhyun smirked and let go of his boyfriend’s wrists, proceeding with his trail down to the waistband of Aron’s jeans. The younger male made quick work of removing the rest of Aron’s clothing and finally stripping himself of his own clothes. Minhyun placed light kisses along Aron’s hips and finally made it to where the older brunet really wanted him. Aron let out a long moan as Minhyun took him into his mouth. The younger male had done this before so he knew what to do and had Aron on the edge of his in a matter of minutes. Before the medium could reach his , the taller male drew back and Aron whined from being denied his release.

“I’m not done with you yet, Ronnie,” Minhyun promised, reaching over to the side of the bed and rummaging around in the side table. “Here it is.” Aron could hear a cap popping open and he guessed that Minhyun had stocked up in lube for nights such as these. “Ready?”

Aron nodded and felt the cool tips of Minhyun’s fingers probing his hole. This area had never been penetrated before and from prior experiences with entering Minhyun, Aron knew that it would hurt. Hopefully, his boyfriend had paid enough attention to how he was prepared in the past to do it enough so that the pain was at a minimum.

Minhyun gently pushed his lube coated index finger inside and Aron gasped. It was uncomfortable but it hardly hurt so far. The younger brunet began to move his finger in a pumping motion and soon the shorter male above him was letting out breathy little moans. Aron felt another finger enter him and begin to make a scissoring motion. He squirmed a little, uncomfortable and feeling more pain than before.

“I’m going to add a third, okay?” Minhyun asked. His dominant act dropped for a minute to make sure his boyfriend was fine with it.

Aron just nodded and the crease between his brows deepened when he felt a third finger enter him. Minhyun was being careful and the medium was very grateful for it. It made this more bearable.

“O-okay, Min. You can move your fingers now.”

Minhyun worked at a slow pace, stretching Aron just like Aron had to him multiple times before. Once the older brunet was in time with his trusts, Minhyun removed his fingers and grabbed the lube again. “Can I? Are you ready?”

The medium let out a whine at the loss and nodded.

Minhyun covered himself with more lube and lifted Aron’s off the bed to get a good angle. “Relax, Ronnie. It hurts less if you do.” Minhyun rubbed soothing circles into the inside of Aron’s thighs until his muscles relaxed. The younger brunet entered him in one swift trust and Aron grunted, brows drawn together in pain.

Minhyun remained motionless, still rubbing circles into Aron’s thighs. The medium felt like he was being stuffed full and everything was too hot. Soon the pain became a dull burning sensation and Aron was more uncomfortable than anything. He whined and nudged his boyfriend with his knee. Minhyun got the message and carefully pulled out to the tip and entered him again. The pain intensified for the older brunet but after a few more gentle trusts, the pleasure began.

“Ah, baby, go faster,” Aron begged, his mind naturally switching to his English tongue.

Minhyun knew enough English to understand and picked up the pace. The medium knew his boyfriend found his native language extremely y and so he continued using it, letting out breathy words and chanting Minhyun’s name to spur him on. The sensations and heat were quickly bringing Aron to the edge of his again. Minhyun’s pace faltered, hinting at him also being close.

The younger brunet leaned forward, pressing his lips to his boyfriend’s ear, whispering hotly, “Are you close?” His fingers dug into the older brunet’s hips.

“Yes,” Aron moaned in English, “go harder. I’m close.”

Minhyun purposely slowed down, taking Aron away from his release and going against his demand. “I make the rules around here, y,” he cooed, nibbling on Aron’s ear.

The medium growled in dissatisfaction, trying to stop himself from grabbing Minhyun’s hips and finishing them both off. The younger male was in charge right now, much to the other brunet’s pleasure and frustration.

“Please, baby.” Aron resorted to begging in English. “I want fast and hard. I want you to make me see stars. Make me scream, Min.”

That was obviously the last straw for Minhyun and the younger snapped his hips forward, roughly filling his boyfriend and simultaneously hitting his bundle of nerves. Aron did in fact cry out and after a few more bruising s, Aron found his release. Minhyun continued to move as the older male rode out his and eventually found his own too. The younger of the two collapsed next to his boyfriend and tried to catch his breath.

“Ugh, Min, get out of my . That hurts,” Aron complained, his nose wrinkled in discomfort.

“Sorry,” Minhyun mumbled, finally pulling away and wrapping his arm around his boyfriend’s waist. “I didn’t hurt you, did I? I wasn’t too forceful?”

Aron laughed and to his side, facing the younger brunet. “You didn’t hurt me. I quite enjoyed the dominant you.” The medium smirked and kissed Minhyun’s lips. “You were really hot.”

Minhyun smiled against Aron’s lips and pulled the shorter male close. “I liked it, topping I mean.”

“Well, it beats having your sore. It’s not going to happen every time though, so don’t get any ideas,” Aron warned, giving his boyfriend a look.

The younger male laughed and stood up. "That doesn’t mean it won’t ever happen again.” He winked and left the room, returning with a wet wash cloth and cleaning up his spent boyfriend.

“We’ll see about that,” Aron replied, allowing the younger male to do as he wish, exhaustion settling in and making him doze off, completely satisfied.

 

 

 

Eight months into their relationship and they were already practically living together. Minhyun preferred Aron’s apartment since it was closer to his University and he liked Aron’s bed more than his own. The younger of the two was over after class, nagging Aron about keeping the house clean like usual. The other male was taking out frozen chicken to make for dinner.

A loud ding rang out suddenly and the medium heard Minhyun call from the other room. “You have a skype call.”

“Who is it?”

“Gracie Kwak? Isn’t that your sister?”

Aron dropped the frozen chicken package in the sink and practically flew to his laptop. The medium snatched up the computer and took a seat in the armchair across the room from his boyfriend. He answered the call and was greeted by the smiley faces of his two younger sisters, Grace and Hannah.

“Ronnie!” They exclaimed in sync.

“How in the world are you two awake at this hour? Isn’t it like 4am over there?” Aron’s reply was in English.

“We wanted to say hi to you. Is it so hard to believe we miss you? You haven’t called in a while.” Hannah was pouting.

“I’ve been busy-” Aron was cut off when Minhyun appeared next to him and stuck his head into the camera’s view.

“Why are you trying to hide?” The younger brunet asked in Korean.

Aron shoved him out of the picture and held him at bay with one hand. His sisters were having a field day on the screen. “Who is that?” they practically screamed.

“No one; I have to go, talk to you later.” The medium began to shut the lid when his boyfriend snatched the computer out of his lap and carried it over to his previous spot on the couch.

Minhyun smiled and waved into the camera. Grace and Hannah began talking rapidly in English, no doubt making wild gestures even though at the moment Aron couldn’t see them. His boyfriend looked at him expectantly and spoke up in Korea, “Aren’t you going to translate? I only know so much English.”

With a big sigh of defeat, Aron took a seat next to Minhyun, moving the laptop so they were both in view. His sisters’ were still freaking out.

“Please tell me he’s your boyfriend. Please, please, please!” Grace clasped her hands in front of her as if in prayer.

There really was no point in hiding it anymore. Minhyun turned a bit to face Aron, probably expecting him to translate. The medium did, “They’re asking if you’re my boyfriend.”

Minhyun grinned and nodded, facing the two girls on the computer screen again. More squealing ensued from the speakers. Aron would no doubt have a headache by the end of this call.

“Translate this, Aron,” Hannah demanded. “I’m Hannah Kwak, Aron’s favourite sister and this is Grace Kwak, Aron’s second favourite sister.”

“Hey!” Grace exclaimed, shoving Hannah away from the web cam.   

Aron shook his head at their antics and translated a revised version to the brunet next to him. Minhyun smiled and answered back in the little broken English he knew, “I am Minhyun Hwang, your brother’s amazing boyfriend.” The last bit was in Korean.

“That’s a perfect name; ohmygod Aron, you’re so lucky! Look at his eyes! And that jaw, wow,” Grace gushed out in a rush.

“How tall are you, Minhyun?” Hannah asked.

“And how old are you?” Grace added.

Aron exhaled heavily, pinching the bridge of his nose. Minhyun smacked his arm, insisting to be filled in on the conversation in a language he understood. “They’re complimenting your name, eyes and jaw. Hannah wants to know how tall you are and Grace wants to know how old you are.”

Minhyun’s cheeks went a little pink and he bashfully answered, “I’m 181 centimetres tall and I’m turning twenty-four in a few months.”

Aron didn’t have to translate that bit; their parents had spoken Korean around the house enough that they knew the basics. Grace smirked devilishly. “He’s taller than you are, Aron. You know what they say about tall people, their height is accounted for when it comes to the size of their-”

Aron coughed loudly, drowning out what she said next and felt the tips of his ears grow hot. There was no way he was discussing matters of his life with his sisters. Never.

“What?” His boyfriend was curious as to what made Aron so flustered.

Nothing. She was just commenting on your height.” Minhyun obviously didn’t believe this explanation judging by the look on his face but he decided to let it go.  

“What was Aron like when he was in high school?” It seemed Minhyun would try and get any good stories from when Aron was younger out of his sisters.

“I’m not translating that.” The older brunet crossed his arms, refusing to have his high school years leaked.

Unfortunately for him, his sisters knew what the Korean word for high school was and assumed. “Our brother was so lame. He always wore his glasses,” Grace circled her eyes with her hands to imitate glasses, “and strutted around the school with his little buddies as if he owned the place.”

“I did not!” Aron defended in English, rolling his eyes at the laptop screen.

Hannah laughed. “You did so! I need to find pictures to show Minhyun.” She got up and disappeared from view.

“Grace, if you don’t stop your sister, I swear I will tell Haraboji and Halmoni about every single thing you’ve done and kept from them.”

Grace’s eyes widened. “Don’t you dare. I won’t let her show anything, just don’t tell Haraboji and Halmoni anything,” she hissed, glancing up away from the camera.

Minhyun was pouting at this point. He could only understand small words in the English Aron and his sisters were speaking.

“Ronnie, translate please and don’t leave anything out! I feel so excluded.”

The medium shook his head at his boyfriend and answered him, switching back to Korean, “I’m translating it perfectly. They aren’t saying anything of importance right now.”

“Liar; I can tell that you’re summarizing. Translate it properly so I can get to know your family better. Otherwise I won’t let you top-” Aron covered Minhyun’s mouth and muffled the rest of his sentence just in time.

“Don’t say that out loud! My sisters do not need to know that!” The older brunet was flushed and couldn’t believe that Minhyun had actually said that out loud.

“They can’t understand me anyway. Wait – they can’t understand me right?”

“You ask me that after you say it!” Aron exclaimed incredulously. “They might know some words. My parents spoke it sometimes; they can understand it for the most part but can’t speak it very well.”

Minhyun’s cheeks grew red and he shrank down in embarrassment. He could be such a vixen when it was just the two of them but with an audience he was still so innocent. By then Grace and Hannah had already returned to the screen – without the photo album, much to Aron’s relief – and had been paying attention to their whole conversation.

“What did he say? I missed it!” Grace complained. “It was something embarrassing, wasn’t it?”

 “Forget it. It isn’t something I would ever repeat to my sisters.”

“Dang it, I think we missed some valuable information on Ronnie’s life, Han,” Grace concluded.

Hannah replied, “I think so too.”

Minhyun pinched his boyfriend and Aron jumped. “Ow! Okay, okay! They missed what you said and jumped to the conclusion that it has something to do with our life.”

The younger brunet went redder, if that was possible. “No, no, no, no!” He waved his arms frantically in front of the computer, shaking his head.

The two girls on the screen laughed and Grace asked another question, “How long have you two been together?”

“Eight months, give or take,” Aron replied and translated the question and answer before his boyfriend could pinch him again.

“Wow, so you two definitely did sleep together then.” They were back on the topic in a heartbeat.

Grace,” Aron snapped in a warning tone. Hannah giggled.

“I’m just confirming a fact! I need to know how serious you guys are and I may be extremely curious as to how good Minhyun is in bed.” Her signature devilish smirk took over her face.

“I am not answering that!”

Minhyun smacked the medium again. “What are they saying?”

“They’re asking how good you are in bed if you must know. Feel free to answer, I certainly am not.” Aron stood up and stomped to the kitchen to continue making dinner.

The medium could hear Minhyun sputtering from the other room and snickered in amusement. Only he would see the y side of Minhyun; it was a fact that left him very satisfied.

“Where’d Aron go?” The older brunet could hear Hannah’s voice from his spot at the sink.

Minhyun tried to translate using broken English; Aron heard a few words like “make”, “cook”, and “eat”. Eventually he gave up and entered the kitchen with the laptop, facing the camera towards Aron who stood at the stove.

“Aw, you cook for Minhyun too? When did our brother become so cute?” Hannah gushed, grinning widely.

“It’s shocking. Do you ever surprise Minhyun with those kitchen apron scenes from Japanese BL manga?”

Aron really felt like strangling Grace at this point. Too bad he couldn’t from across the Pacific. Instead he waved the wooden spoon in his hand at the screen. “If I hear one more comment about mine and Minhyun’s life I will end this call and make sure if you ever call again, Minhyun is never around.”

Grace’s smile was like the Cheshire cat’s from Alice in Wonderland. “You just confirmed that you two do in fact have a life. Minhyun must be good if you’ve kept him around this long.”

Grace!”

“Okay, that was the last one! I swear! Don’t keep our potential brother-in-law away from us! I’ll stop, I’ll stop!”

The medium glared at her, entirely unimpressed. Hannah was laughing beside her sister and Minhyun was as lost as ever.

“They’re devils, I swear,” Aron muttered in Korean. “I will fill you in on the conversation later. I’m too irritated to converse with those two any longer and I have dinner to finish. Say goodbye and come help me.”

Minhyun didn’t argue, probably because of the sound of Aron’s voice and said goodbye to Grace and Hannah in English.

“Wait, wait! Ronnie, should I call him hyeongnim or cheonam?” Grace spoke up before Minhyun ended the call.

“Goodbye Grace. Hannah, keep your sister in line. I’ll talk to you both later,” Aron promised and ended the call himself.

“I think I’ll grow to love your sisters,” Minhyun admitted, grinning. Aron rolled his eyes and demanded some help; his mood wasn’t any better since ending the Skype chat with his annoying family.

 

 

 

Not every day is a good day for Aron and Minhyun. Sometimes their relationship is tense because of lack of communication or one of them is particularly moody that day. Aron is usually the moodier of the two since spirits can pester him at the least opportune times.

Just like in the dead of night.

There are times when certain spirits don’t know what appropriate contact hours are and decide to invade Aron’s subconscious mind to wreak havoc on his dreams and thus sleep. It happens more often then the medium can handle and he knows it really affects Minhyun as well.

One particular night stands out amongst the rest in Aron’s memories. They had been together for nearly a year and so Minhyun had grown used to his boyfriend suddenly getting up in the middle of the night or crying out randomly in his sleep. Aron hadn’t slept well for the past few nights. He had severe migraines during the day and woke up in a cold sweat at night. There was a spirit around but said spirit hadn’t officially contacted him.

That night, Aron crawled under the covers next to Minhyun and silently prayed for his spirit guides to help him get some sleep tonight. He would try contacting the spirit himself tomorrow but for now he needed rest.

“Try to sleep tonight, Ronnie. I left two tablets of Amipen and a glass of water on the side table for you if you need it.” (Amipen is Korean headache medicine similar to Tylenol.)

“Thank you, Min. Goodnight. I love you.” Aron snuggled up in Minhyun’s embrace and closed his eyes. His boyfriend’s steady heartbeat always helped him fall asleep quicker.

“I love you too.”

The night was comfortable for Aron at first. The images didn’t begin to plague his mind until around midnight when spirit activity increased. Images of twisted smiles belonging to strangers and mangled limbs sticking out of fresh graves invaded his dreams. The medium hadn’t had nightmares like these since he moved to Korea. Even when he was in the States, he’d only had them a few times. The dreams he was experiencing didn’t wake him up until the strangers began to transform into people he knew and the limbs began looking more and more like the ones he held onto so dearly while he slept. A final image jolted him awake, a strangled scream ripping from his throat. The scene was so gruesome and terrifying, Aron was sure he wouldn’t be able to go to sleep again for the rest of the night.

“Ronnie,” a tired but concerned voice whispered, gentle hands caressing his face and guiding him into a sitting position. “Aron, shh, it’s okay.”

The medium was shaking, unable to get a hold of his emotions. Suddenly a bright light lit up most of the room and the warms arms previously holding him returned.

“Ronnie, please don’t cry,” Minhyun murmured, using the pads of his thumbs to wipe away the salty droplets Aron hadn’t realized were slipping down his cheeks. His forehead was clammy and his clothes stuck to him uncomfortably.

“Everything is okay now, I promise. You’re okay. It wasn’t real, none of it was real.” His boyfriend’s soothing voice washed over him, eventually calming him down enough that his shaking had reduced to small shivers that wracked his body every once in a while. At this point, Minhyun was so familiar with Aron’s sleep habits that he knew exactly what to say to calm him down. Slender fingers ran along his scalp, brushing his dark hair away from his sweaty forehead. “Are you too warm right now? Here, let me help.”

Aron could hear everything being softly spoken to him and he could feel Minhyun carefully lift his t-shirt off his body and move the sheets off his legs. But regardless, Aron remained unresponsive, still struck by the sheer fear and despair he felt from the images he saw.

“Is that better? Do you want the fan on? I can turn it on for you.” Minhyun began to get up from the bed to go turn the ceiling fan on but shaking hands quickly grabbed onto his arm and refused to let go. The younger brunet stayed sitting and pulled his boyfriend closer.

The two sat like this on the bed for an unknown amount of time. The medium’s breathing eventually returned to normal and his death grip loosened so that Minhyun could use his other arm to hold Aron properly. Still no words were spoken. Aron widened the space between them before he silently searched for Minhyun’s lips. It was like a confirmation for Aron, that his boyfriend was safe and sound and hadn’t left him. Minhyun didn’t reject the kiss and wholeheartedly returned the emotions behind it until he felt Aron relax against him.

“Ronnie, talk to me,” the younger brunet requested in a soft whisper.

The medium let his head fall against his boyfriend’s shoulder and he inhaled deeply. “I’m sorry. You’ve hardly had any rest because of me. Maybe I really should go sleep on the couch until this spirit is settled. I don’t want your grades to fall because of me. I’m s-”

Minhyun put his finger to Aron’s lips to shush him and brushed a few stray tears off his cheek. “No more apologizing. This is the fourth time we’ve had this exact conversation this week. My answer is still the same; I want to stay with you. I want to do whatever I can to help you. You can’t get rid of me, got it?”

The medium closed his eyes, knowing that there was no way he was going to win this argument. Aron wasn’t even sure why he was still starting it when he knew he’d lose. Minhyun could be stubborn when he wanted to be.

“What did you see this time?” The younger hesitantly asked, always giving Aron the option to refuse to tell. Sometimes it helped to get the whole dream off his chest but other times it caused him to panic and they would be at square one again.

The medium shook his head and buried it in his boyfriend’s warm shoulder. It was too horrendous to tell; how could he explain that he was dreaming about Minhyun’s body being dismembered and buried six feet under only to begin moving like zombie limbs from horror films? How could he tell him that he saw himself standing above the grave, fresh blood slipping down a silver axe in his hand and staining the fresh earth under his feet?

“Did it involve me?”

Aron stiffened and gripped the front of his boyfriend’s t-shirt. “Please stop asking…” He could tell Minhyun was frowning but no other questions were asked.

Instead the younger rubbed his lover’s back soothingly and hummed softly. Aron relaxed again and focused on the vibrations of Minhyun’s voice against his cheek. Neither of them spoke again for a few minutes until Minhyun broke the silence with another question, “Do you want some tea? We can go put on a movie if you don’t think you can fall asleep again.”

A small smile graced Aron’s lips and he nodded. His boyfriend was so good to him. 


This is part two of three. This was originally going to be a two-shot but as I wrote this second part I kept having ideas and next thing I knew it became 30 pages long. So I split it into two parts. I'm nearly done the next part and it should be posted in the next few days. 

I added JR into this on a whim. I felt he was really neglected in this fic, poor baby. I wasn't able to have an Json because of the large that would make it nearly impossible to initiate and I really don't like the unrealisitc "a whole group of friends turn out gay" thing so JR was somewhat forgotten. He did get more presence than Ren, Baekho and Jason though, surprisingly. I was planning on added Baekren into this chapter and a little Jason but that never happened. I think they're mentioned twice. It's sad I know but Minron took over so I couldn't do much. They're too precious for their own good.

I really loved how I created Aron's sisters, Grace and Hannah and I hope they weren't too much this chapter. I had so much fun writing that part and I put a lot of my own qualities into their characters. Anticipate the introduction of Minhyun's parents and sister in the next chapter! Also, more Minron fluff. I tried my best to balance the angst with fluff but I truly like torturing my characters more than writing sugary sweet moments. Look out for both types in the next part!

Please do give me feedback. I really love reading comments and reply to all of them. 

Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed.