The Prom

Facing the Fear
---


D-day. Today's the day.

I suppose not to go at prom tonight. I already feel like a failure. I fail to take Ryeowook as my date tonight. I regret the moments I was with Ryeowook. Losing the opportunity to have him as my date.

Knowing I do not want to go tonight, Kangin really did everything to please me. Afterall, he's my bestfriend that knows how to convince me.

I lazily look at the mirror, staring at my own reflection wearing the suit that Heechul hyung bought yesterday for me. It isn't bad afterall.

He suddenly appears on my back, my eyes still on the mirror.

He taps my shoulder, asking me, "Yesung-ah, do you like it?"

I smile a bit, assuring him that I appreciate his effort for the suit. "Yeah, hyung. Thanks, actually I didn't expect you to bought me this."

Heechul smiles back at me, "You're still my brother afterall, you deserve it."

What about Ryeowook? Do I deserve him?

"Oh, I forgot to tell you that Kangin's already downstairs.", Heechul says as he turns away from me and continues, "Oh and..... enjoy the night, hm? Just do keep in mind that dates isn't the matter afterall, okay?" and he cheekily smiles at me with his thumb finger raised.

His concerned expression changes into a sneaky one, "But if you got a chance to be with him, don't miss it! Okay?"

I laugh and say, "Sure, hyung. Thanks for your concern." I smile at him and hugs him. Like a son to his mother. Heechul hyung really knows how to soften my heart.

"Enough with the drama, Kangin's waiting for you. Take care, okay?"

I laugh with Heechul's statement, "I understand. Bye, hyung!"

I rush downstairs, and an unpatient Kangin is there sitting at our sofa.

He hurriedly stands up, "Do you know we're almost late? Aish this turtle...."

I almost raise my voice, "Yah! Just be thankful that I'll go with you! Aish, let's go anyway. I am not suppose to----"

"Shut up and let's just go!"

Replacing our earlier not-a-major conflict, Kangin suddenly spit out, "You look good anyway."

We both laugh and wrap each other's shoulders as we get into his car.

While on our way to the venue, we talk about some things.

"So, Kangin, you and Leeteuk hyung are dating yet?"

"No, but he told me he likes me."

I unconsciously smile with what Kangin just told me. But at the same time, I thought, When will I be able to feel what Kangin feels?

That ends the topic quickly. I look at the views outside, thinking of what could possibly happen later at the prom.

Kangin glances at me for a while, noticing that I've become silent.

"Jongwoon-ah..."

My thoughts break off when Kangin calls me on my real name. It means that he is serious.

"W-- What? I am just fine..."

"If you're really meant for him, then it'll be the two of you will be together afterall."

I sigh. I already know his point.

Kangin taps my shoulder twice, telling me it'll be alright.

I reply a smile to him and thinking how lucky I am to have a bestfriend like Kangin.




Arriving at the venue, before I part from Kangin, he told me that he'll save me a seat once he and Leeteuk hyung find a place.

The venue is a convention hall, inside are lots of round tables and at one side of the hall, is a buffet-style set up of foods. And at an another side is the stage.

I decide not to go inside yet, as what Kangin told me too earlier. I walk first outside, breathing the fresh air, staring the night sky. A perfect timing to look above, for the stars are visible.

I spot Kyuhyun from not so far away from me, he's with Seohyun. But we didn't got to talk, they made their way inside. They really look together.

I try to look for Ryeowook, but he isn't here yet. Maybe I can see him later.

Minutes later, a voice appear in the prompter telling all the students to go inside the hall, for the program will start.

As I step on the entrance of the hall, I try my best to find Kangin and I successfully did. He saved me a seat beside him.

The program went well. From the opening remarks, then to not-so-many intermission numbers.

The most awaited part of the program was the announcement of the prom king and queen. The titles were gave to both my batchmates, Victoria and Zhoumi.

After the dance of the prom king and queen, we start to eat. Then after eating, closing remarks then it's party time! Dance music suddenly booms very loud at the speakers.

Kangin and Leeteuk offers me to join them to dance, but I reject their offer, telling them I'm fine.

Most of the students are on the dance floor. Dancing crazily, and some are just laughing.

My mind next flew through Ryeowook. Where is he?

"Yah! Yeye hyung!!!"

I almost got a heart attack with this man, Cho Kyuhyun. Who wraps his arms around my shoulders.

He sits beside me, exclaiming, "Hey, I thought you won't come tonight hyung. I'm glad you've come!"

"Yeah. But Kangin forced me to come, so---"

"Yah, have you seen Ryeowook tonight? He look so gorgeous tonight!", Kyuhyun says as he wiggle his eyebrows and elbowed me.

I look back at him with blank expression, I quickly imagine him he's with Hyungsik.

To make the uncomfortable atmosphere soften, he smacks me slightly at my arms, "Yah, Yeye hyung. What's the matter? Why so sad suddenly, huh?"

I ignore Kyuhyun's question, I ask him suddenly, "Is he with Hyungsik--- tonight?"

"Oh.... that?" then Kyuhyun suddenly laughs.

"Yah, there you are again, what's funny?" I slightly feel pissed off.

Kyuhyun stops himself from laughing and answers me, "He isn't with anyone, hyung....."

I quickly turn my gaze back to Kyuhyun with my shocked expression, cannot believe of what I heard.

"WH-- WHAT? I THOUGHT HE'S WITH HYUNGSIK?", I almost scream.

Kyuhyun back off a bit from me, he didn't expect I would react like that.

"Y--- yah! Keep yourself calm hyung!"

"Ah-- oh sorry, Kyu."

Kyuhyun grins, "Wow, I never thought you'll react like that, hyung. I thought you're always like a shy boy who'll sit in the corner and behave."

I roll my eyes jokingly, "Whatever."

"If I were you now, I'll stand up now and go find Ryeowook. Go for it, hyung." Kyuhyun convinces me.

Still not pleased, I keep on asking, "Does it mean, he's alone when he came here? Are you really sure?"

"Seohyun told me so. And I confirmed it when I saw him earlier talking with Sungmin and Hyukjae."

It took me minutes to sink what have Kyuhyun told me moments ago. And I began to stand up and find Ryeowook.

"Yah, Yeye hyung! Wait for me! I'll go with you!" Kyuhyun screams from behind.

Maybe this is my chance. The chance of what have Heechul hyung told me earlier.

With all my courage, my steps are taking me to the one I love, Kim Ryeowook.





A/N: OMG after almost a year, i finally updated this story TuT i am so sorry for sudden hiatus of this storyㅜㅜㅜㅜ the next chap will be the last chap for sure, and I'll do my best to update asap. I'm assuring you all a happy YeWook ending. hihi ♥ thanks for waiting! lots of love from yours truly ^^*