Of Failures and Disappointments

Facing the Fear

-----

A/N: Yesung's thoughts will be in bold. :3 and the normal ones are his narration lol got it? :)



I froze on my spot, I am still freaking nervous. I feel like running right now, for I can't stand him to see me lile this.

"H-- Hyung? Are you alright?? You're--- shaking...." Ryeowook asked me with concern.

Oh great. It's now getting more obvious and obvious. He already noticed my nervousness. Do something, Yesung. Do something! Act normal!!

I let out a little chuckle just to ease now Ryeowook's concerned look. "I'm okay! I'm alright!"

Kyuhyun literally facepalmed and wrapped his arms around Ryeowook's shoulders, "Yesung-hyung! I thought you'll say something to him?! You do, right?!" he said like threatening me.

I gulped and sighed, releasing some tense inside me. I decided to speak, taking this chance to tell Ryeowook what I want to tell, "I--- I want...."

Ryeowook curiously asked, "What?"

I looked at Ryeowook directly to his eyes telling him "Ryeowook-ah, will you be----"

I thought I could already say it all. But suddenly his classmate Taeyeon came out of their room, looking for.... Ryeowook.

Damn it.

"Oppa! There you are! Can you check if this is correct?" Taeyeon politely asked, holding a piece of paper, like she's solving a Math problem.

Ryeowook turned his attention to Taeyeon, he looked at the paper, and what he said made me touched, "Taeyeon-ah, can you wait for a while? Yesung-hyung's telling me something..."

It was unexpected, really. It means all this time, he's listening to me.

He really wants me to speak, but for some reason my fear came out. I feel pressured, three figures are currently looking at me. Ryeowook, Kyuhyun and Taeyeon. And for I know, this talk is should be only for me and Ryeowook. With Taeyeon waiting for Ryeowook, I guess this should be prioritize first and with that, I easily give up. I've missed the chance..... AGAIN.

"Ah, Ryeowook-ah, it's okay... I can tell you it on other days..." I shyly said.

I felt my heart squeezed at the moment I told him that. And I'm very disappointed to myself.

"Really hyung? Okay then..." Ryeowook smiled a bit, from that expression, he's a bit upset too. So I decided to apologize.

"I'm sorry, I've waisted your time again for---"

"It's okay..." It was Ryeowook's last words before he went inside with Taeyeon.

As I turned my gaze to Kyuhyun, by his facial expression, I know that he's quite-- ah no, very disappointed too.

Kyuhyun lightly punched me in the arm, he began to scold me like I'm his son, "Ya! What did you just told him, huh?! Aish hyung!! Do you know how close you are?!"

I frowned, Kyuhyun's right.

"Kyuhyun-ah, thank you for today... I just can't. I gotta go now...." I started to leave.



3 days before the prom.

"Oh, how's your plans for the prom? Did you got to ask Ryeo---"

I didn't let Heechul-hyung to finish his words, I just shook my head and he sighed.

"How will you get Ryeowook if you wouldn't do anything? Hm? You'll just let others who want him too win over you? Aish, seriously. What will I do for you to have courage enough to get not weak everytime you'll face him?"

"I know, hyung. The feeling that I wanna say everything to Ryeowook but when I faced him, I turn out speechless. It was on Monday, I talked to him actually, but for some reason, I backed out."

Heechul sat beside me, wrapping his arms around my shoulders, comforting me. "My dear brother..... Just remember, never lose a chance. And in every mistakes, you learn. Right? You can do it, Yesung-ah. At the moment you'll be in front of him, just think of him as your little brother... Just everything except as your crush."

After those pieces of advices from hyung, I decided that on this day, I'm going to ask Ryeowook to be my prom date. It's now or never.

I suddenly gained strength. Hoping everything will be fine for today.



During my breaktime, I passed by their classroom, they have no teacher. It means it's their free time too, I stood at their classroom's doorstep and called Kyuhyun.

"Oh, hi hyung!" the taller smiled at me.

I began to check the people inside their room if Ryeowook is there, and presto... He's not here.

I didn't hesitate to ask Kyuhyun, "Where's Ryeowook?"

Kyuhyun scanned his classmates' faces quickly, "He's not here. But I saw him earlier went out. Yet, I don't know where he go.

"Ah," I nodded.

Kyuhyun elbowed me, "Why? Trying to ask him again?"

I chuckled shyly, trying to stop myself from blushing.

"Trying to ask him again then you'll be speechless again. No, thanks." Kyuhyun jokingly said.

I slapped him lightly at his arm, warned him. "Ya!"

"I'm just joking hyung! Aish. Anyways, let's find him. Besides, both our classes are in vacant. We can stroll down the campus." and we began to walk, not knowing where to go just to find Ryeowook.

Until our footsteps brought us to an empty hallway, and a huge row of lockers were in it. I noticed two figures talking to each other, both are male.

We walk nearer to them, I widened my eyes as I quickly recognized the smaller one. That unique features was Ryeowook's. At that scenario, I sense something... something I may dismay at.

"Hyung, it's Ryeowook right? And-- is that Hyungsik?" Kyuhyun asked, his eyes fixed too on the two figures, just like me.

Hyungsik. He's from the junior class of Section B. I overheard somewhere that the two were close, close because they're childhood friends.

I told Kyuhyun to shut up, for they might hear us.

Slowly walking near them, I quickly find a spot where we can hide, and gladly I found one. I rushly drag Kyuhyun to hide near the two talking, without noticing us. I decided to eavesdrop their conversation.

Kyuhyun whispered to me calmly, "Ya, hyung. Why are we hiding?"

"Ssh!", I placed my finger over my lip, "I'm trying to listen at their talk."

And thankfully, Kyuhyun shut his mouth.

"Ah by the way, Hyungsik-ah... Why are we talking here?"

I know it was Ryeowook's voice.

"Actually, there's a reason why... Why I brought you here."

"Hm? Why?"

"Do you have....... a promdate yet?"

I gasped at Hyungsik's question. Don't tell me---

"No. Why?"

"If it is okay.... Can I take you as my promdate?"

My heart. No, please. I want Ryeowook as my prom date. Please say no, Ryeowook.

"Hyungsik-ah.."

"Please Wookie..."

I prepared myself for Ryeowook's answer. It's not impossible for him to say yes.

I can't take this anymore. The feeling I want to flip everything here around me.

I quickly assumed that Ryeowook would greatly say yes. I failed. I failed to invite Ryeowook as my date, to tell him what I feel. It's too late.

Before I could hear what Ryeowook would answer, I decided to go away.

"Yesung-hyung! Ya! Where are you going?! Wait for me!"

In sadness and disappointment, I didn't got to answer Kyuhyun. Until I looked back, he's following me, looking at me with his symphatizing eyes.

Kyuhyun knows how sad I am right at that moment. I just smiled at him sadly, "Kyuhyun-ah, thank you for your support and with all your help."

"It's alright, hyung. I still support you with Ryeowook. If you need me, just call me... Yeye-hyung."

I feel so moved with Kyuhyun's sweetness as a friend, that I got an urge to hug him.

Pulling away from the hug, I bid goodbye to Kyuhyun. We parted, going back to our own classrooms.

I came up with the thought if I would still go to the prom. For I can't take him to see with other person. I regretted the moments were I got the chance to be up close with Ryeowook, I didn't got to spit out the words 'Can I take you as my prom date?'.



After my class dismissal, I decided to stay at the school and wait for my bestfriend, Youngwoon. We're the same, he also have his own nickname, Kangin.

Kangin and me were both in our senior years. But we have in a different section for he's in the section A.

I'm at the school garden, surfing the internet using my phone. Out of the few people walking in the school grounds, I quickly recognized Ryeowook. And he's with.... Kyuhyun, thankfully. While they were walking, as if Kyuhyun sensed that someone's looking at him, I accidently met Kyuhyun's gaze. Oh shoot. And with that I quickly avoided his gaze. I hope he didn't see me. I hope he won't think he's me.

Unfortunately, for some reason that I don't know why, I think it is Kyuhyun's voice I've heard saying, "Oh? Is that Yesung-hyung? I think I saw him just now."

"Hm? Where?"

"At the garden.. Come on, Wook.. Let's check him out.."

Oh great. Thanks Kyuhyun. And now you'll make me more depress by letting Ryeowook close to me again. I thought I would never see him-- I mean I don't want to see him until the prom's done. Afterall, I never gonna be his.

I frowned with all of what I think. Kim Ryeowook.

Minutes later, I heard footsteps coming closer to me. I want to run. But too late, Kyuhyun and already is on my front, and Ryeowook is on his back.

"Yesung-hyung! Haha. I knew it was you!" Kyuhyun cheerfully said to me.

I chuckled with Kyuhyun's actions.

Ryeowook suddenly spoke that as always, made my heart skip a beat, "Hi, hyung. Why aren't you home yet? Waiting for someone?"

I'm at a crucial moment again. Ryeowook is talking to me. Yesung-ah, just answer him!

I met Ryeowook's gaze, he's waiting for me to answer.

I gulped before I answer, "I--- I am---- Yep, I'm... waiting for someone..."

"Who?"

You.

"Kangin.."

Kyuhyun commented, "Ah, oh yeah. Student leaders have a meeting today, and Seohyun is there too."

I decided to go, as I don't want to see Ryeowook for now. The more I see him, the more I feel a failure.

I quickly stood up and tell the two, "I--- I gotta go now.... to--- the bathroom!"

Ryeowook answered back, "Then let's go, I'm going there too---"

I successfully interrupted him, changing my answer, "Ah no..... I-- I mean to the canteen!"

Kyuhyun butted, "Ya! The canteen's closed! Getting hungry, hyung? I have a biscuit here----"

I can't think of a better excuse. Crap.

"Ah, I mean.... I'll check if their meeting is done. Okay thanks, bye!"

I quickly run after I left those words, running far enough from them.



Sitting in the corridor's cold floor, outside where Kangin is having their meeting when I felt my cellphone vibrated. I received a text... and it was from Kyuhyun.

-
From: Kyuhyun 3-A
Msg: Yeye-hyung... you were too obvious earlier.ㅋㅋㅋㅋ though I want to laugh out loud. You're so cute hyung Haha!
-

I rolled my eyes over my phone. As if Kyuhyun could see it.

But my mind flew quickly to the prom. What will I gonna do? Am I still going?












A/N: i didn't mean to pair up Ryeonggu with ZE:A's Hyungsik lol xD and don't blame Taeyeon for being a moment ruiner lolol peace out.. Ov
two more chaps i think for this fic hihi comments are all welcome (^_^)/