Change of Mind

Facing the Fear
-----

A day before the prom night.
No classes for us juniors and seniors. Thank goodness. The school gave us a daybreak to make us prepare enough for the prom.

Is there any preparations needed for me? My first and last reason to not attend the prom, I have no date. Who will enjoy a prom without a date?

I have decided to not attend tomorrow's prom. I would rather stay at home than to see Ryeowook with other person. I mean his date of course.


I am at our living room, searching some good TV show to watch. But none. I decided to switch off the television. Heechul suddenly approached me.

"Ya, you have no classes today, right? Don't you have any plans today instead of staying here at home?"

I shook my head, and looked at my hyung.

"Ya, what's with that expression, huh? Are you depressed?" Heechul asked with his eyebrows raised.

I shook again my head saying, "No... I just feel..... kinda lazy.."

The words I spit isn't really what I feel.

"Eh? Being lazy isn't an excuse. Ya, come with me. I'm going to the mall with my Hankyungie.. I'll buy you a suit for your prom."

What?! No way. Why would you buy me one if I'm not going?!

"B-- buy me a suit? Ah... Hyu--- Hyung! No, thanks! I have one anyway--"

"Ya, Kim Jongwoon! Do you want to wear your one and only formal attire?! Let me buy you another one! Don't you want to look gorgeous to Ryeowook?!"

As I heard that name, that beautiful name, I slightly frowned. By Heechul's intuition, he quickly noticed my expression.

"Oh.... Does it mean--"

Knowing what Heechul will ask, I quickly answered, "Yeah. He isn't my date, hyung. I didn't got the chance to ask him out. It's my fault, I know."

Heechul smiled at me and put his arms around my shoulders, "Ya, is that really the reason why are you feeling something? Aish!"

He shook my body hard, trying to cheer me up.

He remove his arms around me, and look at me like a father to his son.

"Kim Jongwoon.. my brother... How dare you to not remember my advices! You know now what will happen, right? And this is it.. You lose!"

I began to defend myself through words, "Hyung! I tried my best you know. But.... I really failed."

He let out a chuckle, "I know, I know. Is it just because you lost a battle once it means you'll give up? Hm?"

I stared at him sadly, "But hyung... I already lost all my hopes.."

"Ya! It's only a promdate! And not his boyfriend yet! Am I right?"

Sigh.

"Don't tell me you won't attend the prom night?"

Unbelievable. Heechul-hyung quickly concluded everything?!

I gasped in surprise, "Y-- ya! Are you a fortune teller or something?!"

"Don't you think I don't know you huh? Just because your plans didn't work, you'll already give up everything. That is the Kim Jongwoon I know."

"Alright," I sighed then shyly confessed, "You're right. I have no plan to attend the prom. I don't want to-- to see Ryeowook..."

"Ah, really. Look how childish you are!"

"Ya! I'm not childish!"

"Huh. What is really your problem seriously? Ryeowook or having no promdate at the prom?"

Both. And both of the above are conected.

I suppose to answer but Heechul spoke first, "Have no promdate? I'll let you have Sungmin."

"Your friend? Ya, no thanks..."

"Why? Sungmin is cute! I pair you with him but you don't want."

"Ya, all I want is Ryeowook!"

Heechul chuckled, "Fine, whatever. So, you won't really go to prom?"

"No. And that is my final answer."

Heechul rolled his eyes, "Another, don't you want to go with me and Hankyung today?"

"Pff. Of course, not! You'll only make me a third wheel with you two."

"Okay then. I quickly get what you want. Stay here at home. And I'll buy you a new suit!"

I widened my eyes in disbelief, "Ya hyung! I said---"

Heechul filled up my sentence, "I said 'You go to the prom tomorrow and I'll buy you a new formal clothes.'"

Before I speak, Heechul did it first, "No buts, Jongwoonie. Okay, I'll go first. Hankyung's waiting for me!"

Ah curses. And don't call me with that nickname, it creeps me out!

When me and Heechul argue on something, he always win. Whatever it takes. But even though he's like that, I'm still thankful that he's my brother. Very careful indeed. And he takes care of me more than himself. Like now, he wants me to buy a new clothes, though I don't want to.


I'm left at home, with no one else to talk to, nothing to do. I already fed my two pet turtles, and I'm done cleaning our home.

I dialed Kangin's number, I'm thinking of hanging out with him today, I hope he's free.

"Hello, Kangin-ah.."

'Oh, Yesung-ah.. Why did you call?'

"Wanna hangout here at home? I'm bored."

'Sure. Thankfully you called at the right time, I just got home from Shindong's crib.'

"Shindong? Why?"

'He let me borrow his extra necktie.'

Ah. Prepared enough eh?

"Okay then. Let's continue to talk here at home. I'll wait for you."

I ended the call. Waiting for Kangin to come over.


"Oh. You didn't got to ask Ryeowook out?" Kangin asked, as I tell the whole story of my encounter to Ryeowook.

I sighed. "Yep."

"You should've fought your fear. Ah. Because of that you won't go tomorrow?! Ya, you should go! It would be fun!"

"For you, it is. For me, it's not."

"Aish! Jongwoon-ah! Prom date doesn't matter! What matters is the bonding between friends!"

It'll always like this. When the ones closest to me are scolding me, they'll call me at my real name.

"Why? Don't you have a date?!"

"I have a date! Of course it is Leeteuk hyung! Who else?"

"Then you don't know what I feel."

I frowned. Kangin is so lucky to be with Leeteuk hyung. He likes Leeteuk a lot, like the way I like Ryeowook.

Kangin sighed, "Yesung-ah! You should go tomorrow, hm? Come with me and Leeteuk. Besides he already know you. Don't he?"

"Thanks, but I don't want to be a third wheel to a pair."

Seriously, how many times would I tell that term?!

"Awh come on, Yesung-ah... Don't you wanna have memories before you-- I mean before we graduate?"

I quietly answered, unsure, "Uhm. I'll think about it, Kangin-ah..."

"Aish, Yesung-ah. You can have other prom date beside Ryeowook, if that is your only problem."

Why is he and Heechul hyung saying the same thing?!

"No thanks, but I won't go tomorrow."

"Geez, Yesung-ah. You might have the oppprtunity to be with Ryeowook tomorrow! You don't know what might happen but I ensure you."

I chuckled with Kangin's weird thought, "Ya, I know it would be impossible."

Kangin slightly pouted, "Ya! I'm serious here, you know."

"Pff. How would I? His promdate won't let him go." I asked with suspicion.

"You never know what might happen tomorrow, Yesung-ah. I'm not giving you hopes to Ryeowook, but you know, anything is possible."

As Kangin left those words, I felt weird. I don't know but I suddenly felt something.

"So, I'll pick you up at six. 6:00 pm I mean.."

I looked at him blankly, his words were still stuck in my mind.

"That look means yes. Okay? Gotta go now, Yesung-ah.."

I sighed, "Okay then."

Kangin patted me at my shoulder before leaving the house.


It's evening and I'm at my bedroom, surfing the internet. I don't know, just searching random things.

When suddenly someone sent me a private message online.

Cho Kyuhyun: Oh.. Yesung-hyung! ^-^

I smiled. It is from my closest junior. I replied him quickly.

Kim Jongwoon: Hey, what's up?^^

Cho Kyuhyun: Everything's fine ~ I'm prepared for tomorrow's prom! Kinda excitedㅋㅋㅋ ^-^

Kim Jongwoon: Good then^^

Cho Kyuhyun: How about you, hyung? Are you okay? I know you still got a bit sad with that.... I won't tell it but I already know it. :|

Kim Jongwoon: I'm fine ^_________^ I don't know if I will go tomorrow.

Cho Kyuhyun: Ehhh???? :O but why?

Kim Jongwoon: I just don't want to.

Cho Kyuhyun: Come on, hyung! Go tomorrow or else I'll be the one to tell Ryeowook that you..... love him!ㅋㅋ

I gasped with Kyuhyun's answer. No way! I should be the one to tell Ryeowook what I feel!

Kim Jongwoon: YA, CHO KYUHYUN!! ;A;

I know maybe Kyuhyun is laughing right now. Argh.

Cho Kyuhyun: Just kidding, Yeye-hyung! :P So you must attend tomorrow's prom... Please, hyung... T^T

I sighed reading Kyuhyun's message again and again.


In the end, I lose again. I finally decided to go to the prom. I just wish that nothing bad will happen to me. Will I be able to enjoy the prom?









A/N: HAHAHA why am i feeling that this chap is nonsense? LOL Yesung is in a state of confusement. XD craving for a yewook moment again? hihi the next chap will be the last one TuT sorry for much delay haha *bows 45 degrees* c':