On the Spot

Facing the Fear

-----



5 days before the prom.
And I haven't came up with anything. I mean... with Ryeowook.

I'm at school, it was Monday. I'm at the canteen, alone. I'm always like this specially when I want to think of a certain thing. And that thing is to invite Ryeowook to be my prom date and to confess my feelings for him. Snap. How will I make a move? How shall I start? Maybe I should ask help to one of Ryeowook's classmates.. Oh shoot! Yeah, Cho Kyuhyun! Why did I almost forgot him? By the way, he's one of Ryeowook's closest friends? Or maybe bestfriend? I met him on team-building activity which was held two months ago. And for some reason, I befriended him back without knowing he's close to Ryeowook. He's friendly and cheerful, best in Math and addicted to online games. Thankfully, he's one of my closest friends ever.

I stood up, and ran to their classroom. Shoot. They were at class. Oh stupid, I forgot. I just decided to meet Kyuhyun at lunchtime. Besides, juniors and seniors have the same lunchtime.

Before I left their classroom, there I easily spotted Ryeowook. There he is, jotting down the notes. His side-view is so perfect. His everything. His---

"Mr. Kim Jongwoon? What are you doing here at this hour? Shouldn't you be in your class? Hm?" A voice from a man suddenly made me snapped out my thoughts of Ryeowook.

Heartbeats. I stayed at my spot. Frozen. I was too busy to appreciate Ryeowook that I didn't noticed that their teacher went outside and went in front of me. I can't look at him, feeling embarrassed. And that teacher was Kangta seonsaengnim.

Thankfully the junior class of section A were too focused on their seatwork that they didn't noticed me.

Knowing I wouldn't answer him, he then asked me again, "Do you need something in the class? Do you want---"

I nervously answered shaking my head, "Ah no, no seonsaengnim.. Sorry.. Gotta go.." Before I went away, I bowed to him, signing my apology.



Lunchtime.

I quickly ate my lunch, just to get more time to talk with Kyuhyun.

I stood up, carried my backpack and walk fast to meet Kyuhyun at the school garden as he told me.

Arriving at our meeting place, Kyuhyun is with some of his fellow classmates, which I only recognized Changmin, who was too busy in playing PSP.

Beside Kyuhyun is his girlfriend, Seohyun.

She quickly noticed me and greeted cheerfully, "Oh? Yesung oppa!"

I am not that close to Seohyun, but you can see her as a sweet and kind person. Indeed pretty too. She knew me because of Kyuhyun ofcourse.

I just smiled, greeting her back.

As Kyuhyun heard my name, he looked at me too.

"Hyung! You're here? What do you want from me?"

I didn't answer Kyuhyun at that moment, it's because I don't want everyone here to know me going crazy for a Kim Ryeowook. This kind of place isn't suitable for our talk.

"Uhm, can we talk Kyuhyun-ah? But not here.." I shyly told him.

Removing his arms around Seohyun's waist, Kyuhyun answered me, "Sure hyung.."

Before he stood up, he told Seohyun with his sweet voice, "Seohyunnie, see you later..." and he kissed her at forehead.

Will me and Ryeowook would end up like them someday? Sighs.



Me and Kyuhyun finally arrived at the school's rooftop, a perfect place for a personal talk.

"Kyuhyun-ah.."

"Yes, hyung?"

This will be the first time I will tell Kyuhyun about my feelings for Ryeowook. As for me, Kyuhyun can be trusted.

"I.... I just want to ask about... Ryeowook.."

Kyuhyun was obviously shocked, by looking at his widened eyes.

"Hm?! Ryeowook? Why? What do you want from him?"

I quietly asked, "I know.... I shouldn't be like this but-- will you help me to-- to-----"

"To what?" Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows in curiosity.

"Invite him at the prom.... T-- to him be my... prom date...."

With my answer, Kyuhyun bursted out in laughter as if it was only a little thing which made me upset.

I threw him a question with my one eyebrow raised, in an upset tone, "What's funny?!"

"Seriously hyung, only that? It's just an easy one!" Kyuhyun said with a lot of confidence, which made me more disappointed.

I blurted to him with my voice raised, "It's easy for you... but for me?! It's not!"

Kyuhyun's mood quickly changed, he quickly sensed that I'm mad.

"H-- hyung... I was just joking--"

"If you think my problem is only nothing to you, then fine. Thanks for listening anyway." I turned my back from him and took a few steps when Kyuhyun spoke.

"Yesung-hyung! Wait! Where are you going? Ah, I know... Sorry, hyung.. I was just joking then I didn't know you were really serious. I'm really sorry, Yeye-hyung...."

As he finished, I turn my back to look at him, he already bowed down 45 degrees, which made me feel touched. I was surprised too when he called me by the name which he's only the one using it. Yeye.

I don't know. One day Kyuhyun requested me if he can call me Yeye-hyung sometimes so that he would be unique to me. And I laughed when he told me it.

I smiled and went again to Kyuhyun's spot, and ruffled his hair. "I'm sorry too Kyu, I didn't meant to misunderstood your words. Now, stand up straight and let's continue.."

Kyuhyun smiled, "Thanks hyung, anyways... Back to... Ryeowook."

I nodded, and he continued, "Why would you like him to be your prom date?"

"Of course... I like him." I answered without hesitation.

Kyuhyun was a bit surprised, "Really? Wow. I didn't know that, hyung. I guess you were really great at hiding anything." and it followed a nod.

I was about to speak but Kyuhyun successfully interrupt me, "Should I.... set you two up? Is that what you meant to say?"

"Se--- set us up?? But.... I have a question, Kyu."

"What?"

"Do you think I have hopes to him?"

Kyuhyun held his chin, he began to think what will he answer, "As I know...... Ryeowook is still single and..... still have no prom date yet.."

I felt relieved. That is already two checks for me.

"He's also a bi.... biual... he intends to like men sometimes."

Three checks.

Kyuhyun turned his gaze back to me, looking at me from top to bottom, as if I am a suspicious person for him. "But liking you? I can't say, hyung. Let Ryeowook be the one to judge you instead."

I sighed. As what I've thought.

"Why did you come up with that? Are you planning to tell.... him your feelings?"

" I--- I am planning-- to...."

Kyuhyun threw me a weird grin, I sensed he quickly came up with his plan, "Oh! That would be great!"

He suddenly held me at my wrist and started to drag me.

"Kyu! Wait-- Wait!! Where are we going?!" I asked as I tried to release from his hold but sorry for me, he was too strong.

"To Ryeowook.." He answered as we went downstairs.

"Now?! As in, now?! Wait Kyu!! I am not yet ready--- ya!!" I protested like a kid, trying to stop his steps, but again, I failed.

"Why? Are you scared? You can do it, hyung! I will initiate your convo then you just follow. Understand?"

"But Kyu!!" I sighed and give up over Kyuhyun. I have no choice but to follow my friend's plan. I don't know what will happen but then, okay let's do this.



After minutes of walking, we've arrived at their classroom.

And it was the only time Kyuhyun released me from his holding.

Looking at their classroom, there I quickly laid my eyes on Ryeowook.

My usual feels, I feel so enlightened when I see him, my heart beated a bit faster. He's so really cute. I wonder if when I could get closer to him, my Ryeowook-ah.

"Ryeowook-ah!!" Kyuhyun shouted, that made me back to reality.

Oh my god. I want to hide the moment he called him. I want to scream, stopping Kyuhyun to do it, but I can't.

I heard Ryeowook answered from afar, for because he's inside the room, "Oh? Kyuhyun-ah! Why?"

Even without looking at him, I knew it is him.

"Come here! Someone wants to see-- I mean to talk to you!!"

Thankfully Kyuhyun didn't continue with 'to see you', or else I might have slapped him.

Oh no. There's no turning back for I'm hearing footsteps coming nearer us. But why do I feel nervous? Argh. Do I need to ask myself why?

I suppose to walk away and escape this place, I walked slowly but unfortunately, Kyuhyun quickly sensed it. He quickly grabbed my arms and whispered, "Ya, hyung. This is your chance and I'm helping you out! This is it, hyung!"

I gulped in nervousness, for I don't know how will I face Ryeowook today.. On the spot.

Kyuhyun removed his holding on my arm, and I literally gasped when I saw Ryeowook was already is on his back.

"Kyuhyun-ah, who was it?" as I heard Ryeowook, I learned that he didn't see me already.

But then when Kyuhyun turned around to face Ryeowook, pointing at me, "Oh it's him."

I instantly met Ryeowook's beautiful eyes, he drew that smile in his face that I've always loved, he greeted me, "Oh, Yesung-hyung! Hi!"

My heart begins to beat even crazier, my knees began to feel weak. I can feel my whole body's shaking, due to the extreme nervousness that came in me. I hope Ryeowook wouldn't notice it.

Stupid nerves. Why getting so easily tense everytime he's here near me.

The petite man I've always liked these days is in my front.

I tried to held back my nervousness, I greeted him back, smiling a bit, "Ha--- Hi... Ryeowook..."

Ryeowook smiled, again, that made my heart flatter for moment.

He started, "Hm... So? What do you want to tell me?"

Kyuhyun stood at Ryeowook's back, as I look at his eyes, his eyes are telling me, 'Do it! Just tell him now!'

My mind is processing slowly, I don't know what to say. It seems that I forgot that I'll gonna ask him out to be my prom date. And Ryeowook is patiently waiting for my words, as he kept his stare at me.









A/N: how's the update dear readers? hihi. :3