CHAPTER 3

Shall We Dance... Again?

Kai’s POV

            *CHUGG*

            “Woah! What was that? What was that?” I was awoken by the sound. My heart was thumping loudly.

            “Sorry, Kai.” D.O. said as he smiles sheepishly.

            “YOU! I almost got a heart attack! Aigoo~” I said as I threw him a pillow. I’ve never been this shocked before. I can still feel my heart pounding. He then quickly threw the pillow back.

            I didn’t even need to stretch to wake myself up. I was like a hundred percent awake. It’s like I’ve never felt my heart pounding so much before. I was still in shock. I got up from bed and went outside the room and was greeted by the member’s sleepy faces, still tired from yesterday.

            “Guys, we’ll be having an interview again tomorrow and maybe a shoot for our guesting in a variety show, I’m not sure. Anyway, Manager-hyung will still have to finalize our schedules for the week. He’ll try to make sure that we’ll still get to practice for MAMA.” Suho said. “He also told us to enjoy this day. Hahha.. he won’t be coming to the party. So, we’ll be having a little freedom.”

            We all laughed at Suho’s remark. Manager-hyung has always been that kind to us, it’s just that there are certain limitations when he’s around, like we can’t complain about our busy schedule and such. But, he really is a good person.

            “Guys, what’s for breakfast?” Luhan asked as soon as he stepped out of his room. He was again the last one to wake up. Chanyeol and D.O. were still working in the kitchen. I can’t wait to eat what they’ve prepared. Too bad I’m on a diet.

            “Hey, Luhan. Where were you last night?” Lay asked. We were all curious, so we all waited for his answer. “Don’t tell me you went for a late night stroll by yourself?”

            “Or you’re with someone else?” Baekhyun said with a chortle.

            “Oh c’mon, guys. Knock it off. Of course not. As much as possible, I don’t want to go outside by myself alone. And I don’t also want to bring you to where I went. It’ll cause a commotion.” Luhan explained.

            “So, don’t tell me, you didn’t cause a commotion by yourself.” Sehun asked as he fiddled with his phone.

            “I disguised myself.” Luhan said. “I was actually nervous. A sasaeng fan might see me. But, I think I did a great job disguising myself.” He said with a chuckle.

            “You still haven’t answered where you’ve been last night.” I finally said, curious.

            “I went to the hospital last night. I receive a message from a friend, our friend had a bad fall, then had fractured his arm. Good thing, it wasn’t that severe.” Luhan said, finally answering our question.

            “He must have been very special, huh, for you to take this kind of risk.” Lay remarked.

            “Yep, that guy has been very kind to me. Anyway, let’s stop talking about this. I’m hungry.” And then as if on cue, D.O. emerged from the kitchen, his hands held newly-cooked fried rice.

            “Breakfast is ready!” Chanyeol called out. Hungry as we always are, we all stood up from our seats and helped in preparing the table. Fried rice, some bacon, fried chicken and some black bean noodles. I had a lot. I’ll need a lot of energy for the day.

            There’s nothing much to do today, some just watched the record of our last guesting in a variety show, others just did nothing. I went straight to my room to get a towel, I’ll be taking a long shower today. Showers can actually make someone think and reflect. I’ll be needing some catching up on myself, now that I’ve gone so far, farther than what I’ve dreamed of.

            After some minutes, I heard a knock on the bathroom door.

            “What?”I called out. I turned the shower off so I can hear more clearly.

            “Come out here now, Kai!” Someone, probably Chen, said with a chuckle. “We’re doing something fun!”

            I wonder what this ‘fun’ thing they’re doing is. But, I spent some more minutes with the shower before going out. As soon as I stepped out of the door, I can hear their boisterous laughter. I wonder what they’re doing. I went nearer to get a good look, they’re into some kind of game.

            “What are you doing?” I asked. Some members are in a big circle with a bottle in the middle. The others must be preparing. “Spin the Bottle?”

            “Obviously, c’mon sit down here.” Chanyeol said as he pat a space beside him.

            “This is childish.” I remarked.

            “C’mon. Then, tell us something much more interesting. It’s boring, we can’t think of anything to do.” Baekhyun said. “I’m tired of the usual. This is fun!” He shouted, and then the rest laughed.

            “Okay then.” I finally said.

            That made them cheer. I shifted to a more comfortable position as Baekhyun spun the bottle. Then, the mouth pointed at Sehun.

            “Hmmm... what to ask? If I were a girl, would you date me?” Baekhyun asked. I laughed, I remember it was a question at one of our press conference. The others also laughed at the question.

            “It depends. I’ve never seen you cross-dress before. I don’t know what you look like as a girl.” Sehun said, everyone was laughing. “But, maybe, I don’t know.” Well, I guess this game isn’t that bad.

            “What if I change the question to ‘If you were a girl, would you date me?’” Baekhyun asked, demanding an acceptable answer from Sehun.

            “You can’t do that, hyung. One question per spin.” Sehun said as he grabbed the bottle from Baekhyun’s hands. He spun it and the mouth pointed at Luhan. We all waited as he think of a question.

            “Okay, here it is. What is the most interesting thing that has happened to you... yesterday?” Sehun asked Luhan, and we all eagerly waited for his answer.        

            “Except for the whole day practice, if you find that interesting.” Baekhyun chortled, and then everyone laughed.

            “Most interesting thing that has happened to me yesterday? Hmmm... When  I was on my way to my friend’s hospital room, I accidentally bumped into a girl. I was really nervous, she may be a fan. I’m afraid to cause a commotion. So, I bumped into her, she slipped but then, I caught her. We were in an awkward position. She was, I think, trying to see my face. But, I was turning my head away from her.” That made the other members intrigued. “Too bad, I didn’t get to ask her name. She’s pretty, actually.”

            All of us cheered. Who could that mysterious lady be?

            “She may be older than you! Describe her.” Chanyeol suddenly said.           

            “She looks younger than me, I think. She has long black hair, has beautiful eyes. Mind you, we were eye to eye. I’m taller than her, and has snow white skin. But, let’s not talk about her, we may not see each other again.” I can see that Luhan is really interested with her.

            Luhan was about to spin the bottle, when somebody knocked on the door. I volunteered to get it as they continue their game. It was Mister Choi. We greeted each other and then, he proceeded to the living room. He has seemed to hear their voices. The others, startled with his sudden arrival, greeted him.

            “You seem to be having a little game here. But, you guys should be getting ready. In just a few minutes, the party will start. I just came here to check on you. See you in the studio, okay?” We all nodded in reply.

            Some already stood up to get ready but the others seem not contented with the game, so they had a little round. I went to my room along with D.O. and chose an outfit to wear, just a simple t-shirt, jeans and sneakers. After changing, I went back to the living room. They’re done with the game.

            “I wanted to go out.” Luhan suddenly remarked. We all stared at him. Maybe, I’ll just go buy something for Donna.” He said as he adjusted his hoodie.

            “You’re going out again? That’s a risk. You may come across a fan.” Sehun said.

            “I’ll disguise myself. I think I did a good job last night. We should atleast buy something for her. And I also just wanted to go out.” We can’t do anything to stop him. There were also times when I also wanted to go outside. So, we watched him leave and closed the door. I actually thought of coming with him, but I just think otherwise. I just sat on the couch as I wait for the others.