Danella and A New Home

Before It's Too Late

*your pov*

I thought of grandma as I sat in the leather seat of Mr. Jung's car. I was pretty glad he had taken me under his wing all these years. Unlike the other girls at the academy, I was one of the few who housed at the academy back in New York, I never knew my parents, I never met them, never will. the only family I ever had was my late grandmother, who passed away peacefully when I had just entered the academy. I owe her everything, from bringing me up, enrolling me into the academy and for being my source of strength. 

"you can sleep if you're tired Dan, the trip must've been long" Mr. Jung smiled at me through his sunglasses. I nodded but simply looked out the window and was greeted by a never-ending field of grass.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a shy and quiet person. I usually keep to myself, but only Mr Jung seems to know me very well. He's taught me everything, he was almost like a parent to me. And I owe him quite a bit as well since he's been taking care of me. He was there when my grandmother passed away, and promising her that he'd treat me as if I were his own daughter, and with that I was truely grateful. He was a patient man who believed in me even when I was so fed up with myself. He knew why I shut myself away from the rest of the girls in my class, not because I was the youngest in the class, but because I just simply liked being alone and think to myself. 

I've worked so hard for dance, even though I started off late, I caught up fast and from being the oldest in the class, I'm now the youngest in the advanced level. I specialize in contemporary and ballet, basically that's all I've been doing this entire time. Coming to korea to dance different genres seemed to be quite a huge thing for me. And you may think it's the language barrier, but it isn't. I learn korean in my spare time. If I'm not in the dance studio or in my daily lessons, I'd be in my room studying Korean. 

I guess you can say I'm relatively antisocial. Honestly I didn't really like the girls in my academy, not cuz they were better than me, but cuz I always thought they looked down on me. The quiet korean orphan who just dances whenever she can. And they'd give me this dirty look whenever I cross their path, I don't like to pick a fight so I always look at the floor. I guess I never had the chance to make myself look impressive until a performance, cuz I've never had the money to get new leotards or stockings as often as they do. The school does provide me with 5 sets since I dance everyday, shoes as well, I usually wear out my pointe shoes really fast since I dance by myself in the studios at night when everyone else is out. You can say they take care of my daily needs, but the rest, all have the money to buy their own, and they even get those shiny customised ones.. I don't get envious, but sometimes I wonder what would it be like to have leotards that actually belong to you and not the academy. Shoes-wise, they do customise the lot for those whom they sponsor for.. basically, me and a few more girls. 

I felt the car come to a stop, and the car door open. I stepped out and thanked the chauffeur, Mr. jung was already getting my luggage out of the car boot. He smiled at me, "Come on Dan," he said. I nodded and ran quickly to his side. "let's get your stuff upstairs, then I shall introduce you to the guys when you're done washing up. we can start work tomorrow, we'll all go out for dinner tonight" he informed. "And as of now, we shall speak in korean." he added. I nodded, taking note that he would no longer be speaking to me in english.

"araso" I replied quietly as we took the lift up to the top floor. We got out and I followed Mr. Jung as he turned to the apartment on the left. Apparently there were 3 units a floor, the one on the left was mine, the one on the right was his, the one in the middle most likely belonged to the boys... Mr Jung handed me my keys after we had stepped into my apartment. 

"take your time, jsut ring my doorbell when you;re ready" he smiled, I nodded quietly again and smiled as he walked out to his apartment.

I took in my surroundings slowly. It was comfortable, the walls were a gentle ivory and it had this victorian style to it, just like how I had designed my room in New York, I guess mr Jung really knew my taste. I stepped into the little kitchen, and then to the living room which had a soft pink floral sofa and a matching arm chair. A nice carpet was laid on the ivory parquet floor.. I walked past it and went to explore the 2 rooms I had. One was my bedroom, a comfortable size, with a queen sized bed that looked so fit for a princess, an ivory closet and dresser, which I started unpacking my belongings into. the room had a nice rose-scent to it. I even had a nice long chair right under my huge window, and another cool feature was the my bathroom was connected to my room, unlike in the dorms in New York when the bathroom was shared and super far from my room . This seemed so perfect.

After I had taken a nice bath and had unpacked, I went to the last room which I had yet to check out. And to my surprise, it was almost like a massive christmas present. The room was twice as big as my bedroom, making is super spacious, it had mirrors on the walls, and a huge ivory grand piano at the corner. That's right, I had my own complete dance studio in my apartment. complete with bars and everything! Even a shoe closet! I was practically smiling to myself. I fleeted over to Mr. Jung's apartment to thank him for the best surprise.

"I'm glad you like your new home Dan" he smiled "Let's go meet the boys now" he said as he directed me to the their front door. He pressed on the door bell and immediately, I could hear many voices from behind the large door.

"HYUNG GET IT!" yelled one

"YOU GET IT YOU BRAT" another yelled.

"SHUT UP ALL OF YOU!" another voice boomed and caused the racous to silence, I stared at the door, a little frightened. Mr jung seemed to have sensed my insecurity and simply smiled at me reassuringly.

"they're rather playful, they're just a a few years older than you are" he said.

"neh" was the best reply I could manage. A few seconds later, the door opened.

"Mr. Jung!" A guy greeted, he had an adorable smile with dimples. "Who's she?" he asked, looking at me.

"Lee Teuk this is my understudy," he smiled as he gestured to me. I bowed and gave a small smile. "Can her Dani (단이 in korean)" he said. "Dani, this is Lee Teuk, Super Junior's leader." he introduced.

"Annyeonghasaeyo, dani imnida" I greeted.

"Annyeong," Lee Teuk replied cheerfully. "Hyung come in!" he invited. "You too dani" he smiled. I followed Mr. Jung in and what i saw next blew me away.

12 more guys.. And good looking ones...