Background (THIS IS NOT A CHAPTER BUT PLEASE READ)

Punch

Chapter 15

Hello everyone! For those of you who read this story, I want to tell you that this is actually based on a true story. Amanda is based on myself (I decided on the name Amanda since I couldn't come up with any other name) and the other characters including Ryan, Sue, and even Hot Anthony were all real people. I even decided to use their real names since I couldn't come up with any original names lol. Let's just hope none of them find this story. Shhh... it'll be our little secret.

 

This incident actually happened to me earlier in the year. Sue got a job working as a receptionist for the Muay Thai gym that's in this story. (Master Andy is also an actual person, he reminds me a bit of my dad lol). Ryan is best friends with my younger sister, Michelle's now ex-boyfriend Aber. Hot Anthony is just simply Anthony but I call him Hot Anthony because, well, he's pretty hot. Sue is Michelle's best friend, who also happens to work alongside my younger brother Erick at her part time job. I know there's a big connection with all of the characters. Now, I know with the way I portrayed everyone in the story, I didn't make them too likeable. But for story purposes you're not exactly supposed to like them. 

 

The irony of this story was that Sue and I actually remained friends and Ryan and I don't talk anymore. Ryan turned into a complete jerk after all of that. Like when Sue gave me the details of their relationship, I wasn't exactly surprised by what she told me. I grew disappointed in Ryan after that. Mind you, I did like Ryan and I was upset that both him and Sue got together and I was angry at Sue for not giving me a heads up about everything. When I think about this, me and Sue grew past this and our friendship is a bit stronger now than it once was. We both don't talk about Ryan anymore. Actually, we don't talk to anyone associated with this story anymore. Sadly, I don't talk to Hot Anthony anymore :( Michelle and her boyfriend have broken up for a few months now.

 

And lastly, BAP's presence in this story is all purely ficticious. I do NOT know BAP personally. I just simply imagined them as my friends who tried to cheer me up when I was going through this hurting period. It made me feel a lot better to write it out and I'm glad you all enjoy it. Most of all, I got to spread awareness of my culture into the story. Muay Thai is a huge part in Lao/Thai culture so it's nice to share a bit of it with you guys. And in Chapter 10? I believe, there's even a small Lao lesson for you guys if you want to learn how to speak a language me and my coauthor Nina speak aside from English. 

 

That's all I have for now since I typed this post up on a whim if you guys had any questions, feel free to ask or if you simply want to drop a simple hello. You guys could always post on my wall or even PM me. I'd love to get to know you guys a bit better!

Follow me on Tumblr: xoamandaxoh.tumblr.com

Twitter: twitter.com/xoamandaxoh