Chapter 14

Punch

Chapter 14

Later on that night, Amanda returned to the hotel room to find Ryan laying down the other bed, channel surfing. “Hey,” he said, sitting up. “How was it?”

 

“They won,” Amanda replied curtly as she set her bag down on her own bed.

 

“Hey,” he beamed, “That's great! Tell them I said congratulations, will you?”

 

“Will do,” Amanda said before entering the bathroom to get changed, shutting the door behind her. “You're sharing a room with him,” she said to herself. “You're an idiot, Manda.”

 

Sighing heavily, she proceeded to brush her teeth and wash her face to prepare for bed knowing full well she wouldn't be able to sleep especially with Ryan in the room with her. The feelings would always be there and they will go away over time. She decided that after they returned home, she would keep her distance from him if it meant getting over him faster.

 

As soon as she was out of the bathroom, there was a knock on the door. Ryan peaked out from the room. “Did we order room service?” she asked him.

 

Ryan shook his head. “No, don't think so,” he said, making his way to the door, placing a protective arm in front of Amanda. “Who is it?”

 

“The manager,” a deep voice rang out from behind.

 

Instinctively, Ryan opened the door, only to come face to face with Yongguk wearing a disguise. “Surprise,” he said with a mischievous grin, looking right over at Amanda.

 

Her eyes widened. “What are you doing here? You're not allowed to leave your dorm!” she hissed, pushing past Ryan before grabbing Yongguk by the arm, pulling him inside. She looked outside to see if the coast was clear before shutting the door.

 

He chuckled. “Relax,” he assured her. “The guys are covering for me. I'll be fine.”

 

Amanda scoffed. “Yeah, some leader you are, setting a great example for your members!” she sarcastically remarked.

 

He chose to ignore her, turning to Ryan. “Hey Ryan, how's it going?” he held out his hand.

 

“Great to see you, man!” Ryan shook Yongguk's hand, patting him on the back. “I heard about your win. Congratulations.”

 

Yongguk chuckled, “Thanks.” He glanced around the small room with two beds before facing Amanda. “You never told me you were sharing a hotel room with him.”

 

Amanda simply shrugged in return. “It was cheaper,” she said.

“That's it,” he said, grabbing her by the wrist. “You're staying with me at the dorms. Come on. Grab your things.”

 

“Hey!” Amanda snapped, yanking her arm away. “I'm not going anywhere! I actually paid for this room, thank you very much!”

 

“Is everything okay?” Ryan asked, sounding worried as he glanced at Amanda.

 

“Yes, everything's fine,” Yongguk immediately said, glaring at Amanda. “I'm taking Amanda with me.”

 

“What?” Ryan perked up, turning to Amanda. “You're leaving?”

 

“No!” Amanda exclaimed, glaring at Yongguk. “I'm not going anywhere. Bang's being an idiot, right now.”

 

“This room is too small for two people,” Yongguk remarked, analyzing the room. “Amanda needs to stay in a bigger room for one person.” He pointedly stared at Ryan.

 

Ryan spoke up. “But--”

 

“Bang here is just leaving!” Amanda chimed in, grabbing Yongguk by the arm making their way to the door.

 

“Whoa, whoa, whoa!” he stopped in his tracks. “I'm not going anywhere!” He declared. “Now, if you're not leaving here with me, then I am going to have to spend the night here... with you.”

 

Amanda felt the color drain from her face, gaping at her best friend. “What?!”

 

Yongguk smirked smugly in return. Amanda curled her fist, fighting the urge to punch him in the face.

 

“Ahem,” Ryan cleared his throat to garner their attention. Amanda and Yongguk turned to face him. “Well, if that were the case, then I can just go late night exploring. I'll sleep on the flight home.” He announced, grabbing his jacket and hotel key card then made his way out the door without another word.

 

Amanda stood still, gawking at the door. “Did he just leave us alone?” she bellowed turning to Yongguk.

 

Yongguk wore a triumphant grin on his face. “I believe so,” he said, turning to face her. “Good, I thought he'd never leave.” he grabbed her by the arm. “Come on, I'm beat.”

 

“What do you think you're doing?” Amanda demanded.

 

“I'm sleeping here,” he said, removing his disguise. “What does it look like I'm doing?”

 

Amanda laughed loudly. “Oh no, you don't!” she snapped. “You're sleeping on the floor. That's my bed!”

 

Yongguk chose to ignore her, making himself comfortable on her bed. He soon looked at her expectantly, patting the space beside him. “Come on,” he said. “It's very comfortable.” When she wouldn't budge, he lifted his head. “Amanda.”

 

Sighing in exasperation, she laid next to him. Before she knew it, Yongguk reached over, wrapping his arm over her torso. Amanda stiffened. “Bang, what are you doing?”

 

“Let's just stay like this for now,” he replied sleepily. “We'll talk in the morning.”

 

Amanda relaxed a bit, allowing him to snuggle closer to her. Her heart pounded harder than before as she felt Yongguk breathing down her neck. As much as she wanted to push him off her, he seemed so peaceful as he snored softly in his slumber. Poor guy must have been tired, she thought as she watched him forgetting about Ryan that moment.

 

Eventually, she shut her eyes allowing herself to try to sleep. Just for tonight, she chose not to question Yongguk's actions. Being this close to him felt strange, but in a good way like those old feelings she felt for him might be crawling its way back to her. Even still, it was too soon to determine anything. She could use a peaceful sleep and sleeping beside Yongguk seemed peaceful.

 

Once it was quiet, Yongguk slowly opened his eyes to find Amanda sound asleep facing him. Gazing tenderly at her, he reached over to brush a strand of hair away from her face. And before he could stop himself, he moved forward to lightly brush her lips with his own, giving her a light kiss.

 

Her lips twitched in return but she still remained sound asleep. Grinning to himself, Yongguk finally shut his eyes, snuggling closer to her.

 

The End.