Chapter 2

Perhaps and Maybe

"YOU GUYS LIKE EACH OTHER." Luhan stormed into the living room, shrieking loudly enough for Tao to jump and instinctively fling the staff he was holding straight at the blonde. The resulting thud and an even sharper shriek caused everyone in the room to wince.

"Oooh, now that's gonna leave a mark." Jongdae inhaled sharply, the air whistling past his teeth as he watched Yixing hastily retrieve an ice-pack, and apply it onto the rapidly swelling lump on Luhan's forehead. Luhan moaned and muttered something unintelligible. 

"What's that?" Yixing leaned in before sighing and turning to face the others. "Luhan says that in the event of his inevitable death, he would like the whole world to know that Jongdae and I like each other-" He leaned down again before relying the rest of Luhan's death speech. "-and that he insists the two of us were cuddling together and being lovey-dovey before he got hit by the staff of stupendous torture."

Tao's apologetic wail was abruptly cut off by Jongdae's laughter. "Let me make it known that Yixing was cold and so I offered to share my hoodie, right ge?"

Yixing smiled and nodded placatingly, oblivious to the impressive shade of maroon Luhan's face was turning as he clutched the ice-pack. "Jongdae has a very kind heart."

The younger male beamed. "Aww thanks ge! You always think the best of everyone."

"That would be you, ZhongDai. Tell you what, let's go for dinner at that new sushi place. My treat."

"No, no, it's my turn to pay." The two exchanged a slap on the back and walked off, leaving an infuriated Luhan, a sobbing Tao and a bemused Minseok in their wake.

~~

"HA! HOW ARE YOU GOING TO GET OUT OF THIS ONE, EH?" The deer-faced member stared triumphantly as Jongdae hastily removed his lips from Yixing's. 

"We're playing a game." Yixing supplied helpfully, holding up a glass of clear liquid.

Luhan snorted. "A game that involves feverishly kissing other players?"

"Yeah, a drinking game, ever heard of them?" Jongdae smirked as he his lips. "People do uncharacteristic things when they're drunk, you know."

Luhan was about to launch an attack on all the discrepancies in their argument when he was unceremoniously lifted up and dumped into the hallway. "That wasn't even alcohol you were drinking, it was water!" He hollered, pathetically banging on the now locked door. 

Eventually, Kris had to be summoned by the other members to physically drag away the hysterical male, who was still screaming things like "Chenlay is real!" and "It's water not alcohol!" at the door. Minseok shook his head in mock-sadness and confided to Tao that Luhan really should stop reading all that fanfiction, but not before flashing a knowing smirk at the shut door.

__________

Chapter 2 is up! I'll probably wrap things up in another chapter or two because I originally intended for this to be a one-shot heh.

Thank you to everyone who subscribed and commented, you wonderful, wonderful people. :D

- Lychee