2/3

[Sequel] A Common Phrase Like: I Miss You

“Don’t forget to eat your meals regularly, okay?” Jungkook nodded and he got his body wrapped in Jin’s embrace. “God, I’ll miss you. Call us everyday, okay?” Apparently the seven of them was in the airport in order to send Jungkook off to his college.

“Deffinitely hyung.” He smiled.

“Don’t do drugs, don’t go party too often, and stay away from tug’s life.” Jungkook turned his head to face smiling Namjoon.

“Okay hyung.” He chuckled.

“Yah, get out of my way! Gotta say goodbye to the maknae you know.” Hoseok pushed Namjoon and Seokjin aside and hugged Jungkook, “Stay healthy and don’t forget to do your laundry.” He said before throwing away Jungkook to Yoongi.

“What the hell!” Yoongi glared at Hoseok before turned his glance to Jungkook. “Just don’t get a girl pregnant, okay?”

“Oh Yoongi hyung, trust me you don’t have to worry about that.” Jimin butted in.

“What? Yak Park Jimin, Jungkook is a healthy man, he is fully capable to… you know. I mean do you remember the hole on the front side of his underwear?” Jimin just snorted at Yoongi’s retort.

“Whatever.” Jimin said, “Jungkook, you have to take care of yourself and don’t exercises too much, don’t get taller anymore and you know call us every… Yah Jeon Jungkook! Are you even listening to me? Stop staring at Taehyung for once, could you?” everyone turned their head to Jimin as he voiced out his annoyance. Even Taehyung who was staring at the floor the whole time now gave his attention to annoyed Jimin.

“Yyah hyung! Who’s staring at whom?” Jungkook replied, a slight red on his cheeks.

Jimin just rolled his eyes, “Whatever you said. I’m done, now Taehyung say whatever you want to this young man.”

Now all eyes on him, including Jungkook who silently waited for the older boy’s next action.

“What?” Taehyung gave Jimin a puzzled look before he felt Jungkook’s hard stare on his face, “Oh.” He then turned to Jungkook and took a step closer to the younger boy. As he got a better view to the cutest human being he had ever seen in his life, his mind seemed to have another plan by doing a total black out. Yeah, his mind at that important moment had decided to abandon him and went blank. In the end he just ruffled Jungkook’s hair and breathed a simple “See you.” before Jin pulled the seven of them in to a big group hug.

He could feel his hand that just ruffled Jungkook’s hair burned as he watched the younger back slowly getting further away from his sight and when Jungkook’s back side fully disappeared behind the glass door he could feel not only his hand was burning but his heart seemed to be in pain too.

***

The first two week of his new college life in America was a nightmare.

First, the freaking jet lag was really starting to get on his nerves. What he meant was all of his classes were held on the day time but Jungkook couldn’t fully concentrate to all those classes because he would always feel like sleeping in class. And Jeon Jungkook had never once slept during classes in his life, well until the freaking jet lag thing happened. And for your information Jungkook’s new college was in Los Angels and that meant sixteen hours difference from his usual time in Korea.

Second, he missed his hyung so much. Even though he called them every night, he still couldn’t get over the fact now that he lived alone, and with the present of the word ‘alone’ that also meant that he felt so lonely it could kill him. He missed getting scold by Namjoon, or Jin just because he forgot to eat his lunch. He missed how loud Hoseok was every time he entered the house. He missed how easy Jimin got annoyed every time he about his height. He even missed chasing around Yoongi every time the older boy tried to steal his underwear. And then there was Kim Taehyung. This particular hyung got special big size of longing in his heart. And because of this particular person too, now he had reason number three why his new live in America was such a nightmare.

Third, he couldn’t understand the way Kim Taehyung thinking at all. It wasn’t like he usually understood the older way of thinking but ever since he arrived here, it seemed like this hyung kept getting weirder and weirder. Actually he was still trying to get over the older short and insincere farewell back in the airport but the older cold respond every time they talked on the phone was just like pouring a pinch of salt in his cut. And the last phone call, oh God he still felt like he was going to punch a wall every time he thought of that phone call.

It was just a usual phone call, like he called at 2 am in the morning and his hyung took turn one bye one to talk to him. And just like the usual, Taehyung got the last turn. But before Jungkook said hello, Taehyung beat him that night, it wasn’t to say hello like Jungkook was going to do. “Stop calling, will you?” yeah, it was what Taehyung said to him.

“What? What the hell hyung?” Jungkook was too surprised to think of another response.

“What I mean to say is…” The previous word that came from Taehyung mouth was just sinking in Jungkook’s mind and every words that came after couldn’t be heard by Jungkook’s ear, suddenly he felt his anger rising and his eyes started to get watery. Damn, he was so not going to cry because of this.

“You know what hyung? If you don’t want to hear my voice that bad then fine.” And by that he ended the phone call.

He was dead serious when he said he wasn’t going to cry because of that stupid phone call so he decided to force his body to sleep.

***

The next morning Jungkook was woken up by the sound of his ringtone. He had inkling about who the caller was, so he rejected it. But the phone rang over and over again, so after let out a loud growl he decided to answer the phone.

“Who the hell is this!?” he said with a pure annoyance.

“It’s me.” Damn! Why did Taehyung's voice has to be that deep?

“And who the hell is me!?” he swore he tried his best to keep his voice full of annoyance but he couldn’t guarantee if it worked or not.

“Please Jungkook, listen to me.”

“What is it? You were telling me to stop calling right?”

“Yeah, I’m sorry for that. I didn’t mean it to sound so harsh you know. And beside I said stop calling at late hour and that I’m going to call you this morning.”

“What?”

“Oh God, you must be really angry if you didn’t hear my words afterwards. Oh God, I’m so sorry. What I actually said was for you to stop calling at that hour because it will worsen your jet lag. And I thought if you force your body to sleep at night, I would help you waking up every morning but I think you just heard the ‘stop calling’ part. Oh God, I’m sorry, please forgive me Jungkook-ah.”

“Really?”

“Really, please, please don’t be mad anymore.”

“If that was the case then I guess I’m sorry too. I shouldn’t cut you off like that and get misunderstood afterwards. I’m sorry hyung.”

“So you’re not mad at me anymore?” There was a slight happiness in his voice that made Jungkook felt warm and fuzzy inside. Beside, how could he stay mad to that deep y voice across the line? And the fact that Taehyung made a time to call him first couldn’t get Jungkook felt any happier.

“Jungkook-ah, don’t you have class at ten? It’ll be started in thirty minutes, you should get ready now.”

“Uh, okay.” Actually he still wanted to talk to Taehyung because it wasn’t everyday the older boy would call him first, but yeah going to class were more important. Yeah.

“And don’t worry I’ll be the one who called you from now on.”

Oh shoot, did he just say his thought out loud?

***

After the day Taehyung called Jungkook first, his jet lag was getting better. Now he even could function properly. But only his jet lag body that got betters not his longing for the older boy. That damn thing was getting worse.

He meant they still talk regularly but the more he heard those deep voice from the phone, the more his heart yearned to see his face.

So Jungkook suggested doing webcam so he could see the other boy’s face. But it turned out to be a bad decision, because now he was craving to touch the older boy. And suddenly every phone call they made became a torture to Jungkook. Because every time he heard his voice, he could feel the ache on his chest. He must be really missing Taehyung right now. He even thought about stop answering Taehyung’s phone call but he knew he would miss him even more.

There was one time when Jungkook missed Taehyung the most. It was when he accidentally cut himself when he attempted to cut some apple. He didn’t know where his mind was when he felt a little sting on his left hand as he realized that he accidentally made a rather deep wound across his left palm.

It felt like De Javu because he knew he already made this kind of dumb accident back in Korea before. And the memory came rushing back as he clenched his left palm hard.

“Yah Jeon Jungkook, what the hell happened to your hand?” Taehyung grabbed the younger boy left hand and inspect the reddish wound on the palm of his hand. “And you’re telling me you’re gonna do the dishes with this hand?”

Jungkook nodded “It’s just a small cut, and it already stops bleeding.”

“But it will sting if it came to contact with soap. Step aside and let me do the dishes instead.”

“No, it’s okay hyung. You already did it yesterday.” Taehyung just shook his head and pushed Jungkook to the side as he started doing the dishes. And Jungkook just silently watched his hyung did the dishes for him while wondering if the wound would leave a scar on his palm.

He must be lost in his own thought for a quite long time because when he turned his head he found Taehyung had already done with the dishes and now staring at him.

“What hyung?”

“Give me your hand.” So Jungkook did what Taehyung told him to.

Taehyung hold Jungkook’s injured hand and looked like he was deep in thought when suddenly he brought Jungkook’s hand close to his lips and kissed it, then smiled so wide before saying, “Now, it won’t leave a scar.”

Jungkook smiled at the memory he just recalled. Unconsciously he grabbed his phone and pressed the number one speed dial. It was soon connected.

“Hello Jungkook-ah, what’s wrong?” a worried Taehyung was heard from across the phone as Jungkook felt the wound on his left palm not so hurt anymore.

“It’s nothing hyung.”

“Then why are you calling me at this hour? It’s 2 am there right? What I told you about calling after midnight? It’s either an emergency or you just want to hear me nagging all night long.”

Jungkook just chuckled at the older boy speech, “Actually it’s kind of emergency hyung.”

“What? What is the emergency?”

“Something I have to tell you before I go to sleep.”

“What is it?”

Jungkook took a deep breath before saying it slowly, “I miss you hyung. I really do.”