1/3

[Sequel] A Common Phrase Like: I Miss You

One thing that Jungkook was sure about farewell was that the damn thing would make his sanity disappear.

Like how he wanted to spend the rest of his last week in Korea with that one certain person but couldn’t help running away whenever he caught a glimpse of the boy, how he could stare at that person’s face for hours but look away each time their eyes met, how he would avoid any possibility of their skin having contact despite the fact that he was craving for that person’s touch.

Seriously, it was really driving him insane. He was supposed to enjoy his last days here but how could he do that when the farewell just in front of his eyes? Like it was supposedly an enjoyable week but who was he kidding. It was just a nightmare, a whole week long of nightmare.

It was his last night when something actually happened. At first he thought his mind was playing tricks on him again as he felt the other side of the bed shifted, a soft touch on his face followed after, carefully his hair away from his closed eyes. And then his mind decided to go full crazy as he felt warmth on his forehead as if someone just left a chaste kiss there. He could feel a breath fanning his face and a pair of thumb his cheek tenderly. As if it was not enough to make his heartbeat went Spartan, he then felt warmth on his lips and he knew it was not his mind playing tricks anymore.

Because what he felt was too real to be an imagination. The burning sensation on his lips was too hot to be a dream. And the ache on his heart was too painful to be a fantasy. He knew he shouldn’t open his eyes and just kept pretending that was only his heart rebellion against his sanity, but when he heard a soft sigh and the bed started to shift again he couldn’t help but to open his eyes and grabbed the hand of the other boy.

“Hyung.” He could felt the other boy hand went cold on his grip.

“Ju-Jungkook-ah… you’re not sleeping?” Jungkook just smiled at the question, “Y-you should sleep now, your flight will start early in the morning right?” the other boy tried to free his hand from Jungkook’s grip but it was just became tighter.

“Taehyung hyung.”

“Hmm?”

 Here goes nothing, “Stay with me.”

“What?”

“Sleep with me, I can’t sleep alone tonight. You should help me.” There was a huge silent hanging on the room after that and Jungkook started to lose his hope as he loosen his grip on the other boy’s hand. But then he felt the bed shifted again and his body was pulled into a warm embrace.

“Now sleep.” The older boy murmured on the top of Jungkook’s head as Jungkook buried his face on the other boy’s beating chest.

He could hear his mind went crazy screaming about how he shouldn’t do this as the urge to tighten the hug went stronger, but he could tell his mind to screw itself as the older boy’s heartbeat lulled him to sleep.

They both woke up by Jimin’s high pitched scream and incoherent rumbling about throwing away the other bed if they were only going to use one.