The Journey Continues

Jongin's Precious Girl (Spin Off of: Daddy`s Little Girl)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IU - Morning Tears

12 years later:

Minah woke up being greeted by the white ceiling. She blinked a few times finally getting conscious about her whereabouts, where she was, why she was there and finally coming back to reality. It always took her time to regain her consciousness, since every time she would fall asleep she would dream about the times she spent with Jongin. They were still together being happy as ever with their Kyuri who used to be smaller when he was around.

She inhaled shakily taking in the oxygen the mask was providing her and her eyes slowly went over to the cherry blossom tree painted beautifully on the wall. She was happy Joonmyun was nice enough to spend at least 3 nights at this place just wanting to finish the precious painting that meant the most to her. It always reminded her of the time she was with Jongin at her special place, Yeouido. It was no longer her place, but it became theirs.

She took in the beauty of the tree that was painted beautifully on the wall and closed her eyes for a while; making images of Jongin appear before her eyes. She wished she could know how Jongin was doing, how he looked like by now and where he was. Even if Minah knew deep down that wherever he was, whoever he was with and if his appearances had changed, he was fine. She knew he had a roof on top of his head, a solid job and a woman by his side who could provide him with everything necessary, probably a child too by now.

Even if it ached Minah`s heart knowing she wasn`t the one who was by his side now, she still wanted him to live life to the fullest, not think about her anymore. He deserved all of it; especially after all of the sacrifices he had made for Minah during the time when they were together.

Minah`s lips curved upwards remembering the first time she saw him at Yeouido, thinking it was weird that he had chosen a place so calm like that to just…hang. She understood now that he was there to be with her, and she appreciated that. It made her feel so loved, and she understood that without that encounter she wouldn`t have been able to see true beauty of life, and experience love as beautiful as theirs.

Before she could go any deeper in her thoughts her daughter stepped inside the room. “Honey” Minah cheered after her taking off her mask knowing well she would struggle to breathe if she kept it off, but she wanted to feel her daughter’s cheek against her as they hugged, and she wanted to breathe in her sweet scent.

Kyuri hugged her mother tightly and the moment she pulled back Minah put her oxygen mask back on and she noticed Kyuri frowning because of it. Minah knew why she would, she had always blamed Jongin for Minah becoming sick, but she only blamed herself. It was her careless act that made he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter