Chapter 14

If the Heart Fails
XIV

I woke up the next day with a throbbing head and a dry mouth. My throat is sore and my stomach feels weird. I groaned and rolled to my sides only to be greeted Buthelezi clock telling me that it's already nine in the morning.

"Shoot, I need to meet up with Onew," I mumbled.

When I tried to stand up, I fell back on the bed again as my headache shoot up to the highest level. It looks like my meeting with Onew has to be cancelled. There's no way that i coild make it. I feel so sick. I decided to call up Onew to tell him that I'm not feeling well. Luckily, he understood and hang up without a single complain coming out of his mouth.

Am I dying? I feel like I'm dying because my head is aching so badly. I've never felt worse in my whole life.

"_-ah?"

I yelped in surprise when a palm suddenly landed on my forehead. I shivered when the blanket was lifted up. Groaning I curled up in a ball.

"What happened to you? You're burning up, _!"

Wait,, I recognize that voice...

"Oppa?!" I shrieked when I opened my eyes and found his confused face so close to mine.

I groaned when my shrieking worsened my headache and Onew cooed at me, telling me to stop shouting. I was about to ask him how he got in but he answered it for me.

"Your umma's actually downstairs. She's not going to work," said Onew.

Oh yeah, I remembered umma telling me that she got a day off today.

Onew once again checked my temperature and gasped. He drew back his hand as if it has been by flames. Without a word, he went out out of my room. Just when I thought that I'm finally going to have my peace, he returned with a bucket of water and a face towel. He was soon followed by umma holding a glass of water in one hand and a bottle of medicine in the other. With a smile in my direction, she left the items on the beside table. Before exiting my room, she entrusted me in Onew's care.

Onew dipped the face towel in the warm water and wring it. He gently dabbed it on my face and I once again, complained aboutbhow cold it is. Onew chuckled as he pushed my nose playfully.

"Don't complain to nurse Jinki~" said Onew.

"Pft, nurse Jinki," I mumbled, letting out a mocking giggle.

"Yah, don't laugh at my name. Just shut up so you'll get soon. I can't stand seeing you like that."

As if I wasn't sick enough, butterflies suddenly fluttered around my stomach and my cheeks burned hotter than it already is. I blushed as I realized that the man I love is actually taking care of me right now as if I'm the most important thing in the world.

"I'll take care of you and make the pain go away."