Chapter 8

If the Heart Fails
VIII

I sighed as I entered my room later that night. My room is a complete mess. My school thighs are still scattered on the floor and my bag was thrown messily in the corner. My laptop that was on my desk was very dusty and my bedsheets are already wrinkled too much. I can't sleep like this. I need to clean up or I'll die if suffocation.

When I was in the middle of dusting the furnitures in my room, my phone suddenly rang. I walked over to it slowly and saw that it was Onew oppa. I frowned when my heartbeat quickened and my cheeks heat up.

"Hello?" I said, trying to sound casual when I picked up the phone.

"_-ah~ I got my phone back! I registered your number immediately and I thought that maybe I'll call you!" said Onew's cheerful voice.

I smiled at his tone and dropped the rag that I was holding on the floor.

"Oh, so...why did you call?" I asked.

"I...I just wanted to talk to you. It gets lonely here at night, you know."

I smiled and bit my lip. I walked over to my bed, lying on my stomach while twiddling my hair around my finger. I think I'm going to have a heart attack. My heartbeat won't slow down and my stomach really feels weird! Aish!

"So, what do you want to talk about?" I said.

I heard Onew chuckle from the other line and I can't help but smile to myself.

"Anything would do. Oh, _! I'm going to be discharged tomorrow! I'm finally gonna be out of this torture room!" said Onew happily.

"Oh, that's...that's good news. I'm happy for you," I said.

I felt my mood whack down at the news that Onew just delivered. Yeah, I'm happy for him that he's going to be discharged, it's boring there after all. But I'm just sad that it would be that easy to reach him anymore. With the two days that me and Onew spent together, I already feel connected to him. I already feel comfortable around him. It's just sad that him being out of the hospital means seeing him less.

"_? Are you still there?"

I jerked out of my trance when I heard Onew calling my name.

"Y-yeah, I'm here," I stuttered.

"You don't sound happy about me getting out of the Heart Center," stated Onew. I could almost hear the pout in Onew's voice and I can't help but feel the butterflies return in my stomach as I imagined him pouting.

"I just thought that you might not talk to me anymore. Well, you would be out of the hospital and then we won't be able to hang out that much anymore. It's just sad that there's a tendency that our blooming fr...friendship would turn to dust," I said honestly.

"Oh, is that it? _, I'm not planning on ditching our frienship just like that. Besides, it's not like I have other friends than you. You're actually my first friend from the hospital so, you're special~" said Onew, giggling at the last sentence.

Oh my gosh! Did I hear right?! I'm special?!

"Hehe, ok...so, what are...w-what are your plans for tomorrow when y-you get out?" I asked, trying to make the atmosphere less awkward for the both of us.

"Let's hang out."

"Where?"

"In the...in your backyard?"

"Oppa, we don't have a backyard!"

Onew laughed and decided that we would hang out at a nearby park or anywhere that we pleased. We also agreed upon making it as our official friendship day. That sounds good, right? I'm really excited about tomorrow. I just hope that this isn't one of those good things that would have a bad effect in the end.




[note: Thank you soooooo much for subscribing and commenting~ Keep the comments coming!]