oo4

My OCD ruined my Neighbors | On hiatus

oo4

 

My back is leaning against the bathroom door and my heart is literally beating out of my chest.

"Holy..." I breathe to no one. I'm also glad that no one is in the bathroom because I really need space right now.

Out of all places, that guy had to be here? When I'm clubbing for the first time?

I shake my head at how crazy it is.

My legs, still weak from his touch, start wobbling their way to the sink. Turning on the faucet, I dab a bit of cold water on my face, seeing that my cheeks are blarring red.

 

After Jimin had told me that he also researched on his own, too many thoughts were running inside my mind. So, I did the first thing I could think of.

Run.

And so, I did. Which is also why I'm standing alone in the bathroom.

 

Walking to the hand-wipes dispenser, I grab a couple and wipe away the excess of water on my face. Thinking that I've been in the bathroom for a good while, I decide to go outside to find the girls.

When I take out my phone to look at the time, I see that it's 11:37PM and I'm surprised that my mom didn't call me yet. Huh.

But the thing I see first is 5 missed calls from Sora and 3 from Mi Hyun.

Did something happen?

I scroll down the messages and my eyes bulge out of my eyes, almost.

 

Sora: "Song Rim! Where r u? "

MiHyun: "Call when you see this. It's urgent."

Sora: "Dude, you have to get to the entrance right now!"

Mi Hyun: "Seriously, we have to go Song Rim. Did you get lost?!"

Sora: "Kyung Mi is so sick.. We're bringing her to the hospital."

Mi Hyun: "We're sorry to have left you there, Song Rim. But we couldn't keep her in there! Do you think you'll be alright? We can always come back to get you."

Sora: "Call me to say you're alright, at least!"

 

What just happened?

Why is it that I'm always away from all the action?

I don't like feeling this lonely!

"Oh my god. Oh my god. Ohmygod." I'm frantically pacing around, not knowing what to do.

 

What do I do?!?!

 

"Okay. Okay. Breathe." I say and take deep breaths in and then out. After a few seconds, I'm panicking like crazy because I now understand that I'm by myself. With no lifts.

"Crap!"

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

When I glance down at my phone, I frown and bite my lips. It's getting past my curfew and my neck is tingling. My mom wants to call me, I know it. I don't know what's holding her back from doing so, but I thank the heavens that she hasn't called yet.

I bite down on my finger and look around the front entrance. What should I do? Grab a cab maybe?

 

But I hate cabs.

 

I have this fear of getting assaulted or in those.

No kidding.

So I haven't hopped in a cab yet and I didn't want to start now, not when it's 12:38AM when I'm alone and looking vulnerable as fudge.

Nope.

 

I'm complicated aren't I? Oh well.

"If I start walking now... I would arrive for-" then I calculate the estimate time from here to my house on foot, "1:15AM." I let out a long sigh. This is going to be a long night.

 

My phone rings and I get goosebumps all over my arms.

My mom's out to kill me. Oh no.

Hesitantly reaching for my phone, I gulp and inhale deeply. Without looking at the caller I.D, I press enter and calmly ask.

"Y-yes?"

"Oh thank god!" I hear Mi Hyun's voice loudly say at the other end of the line.

"MI HYUN!" Is the first thing I yell. And then, "You guys left me for dead!" I say while stomping a foot on the floor, to emphasize my anger. I'm not really angry though, but they don't know that.

I can hear a far laughter and I grimace. It's Sora. "We didn't leave you for dead Song Rim. Calm down little one. And you're still alive aren't you?"

"Yes, but if I was dead then? What would you guys have done? Huh?" I ask her incredulously.

Then the phone screeches and I hear Mi Hyun's voice again. "But are you alright? Really? We can come back and get you. Kyung Mi is fine, she just needs to rest for the night, but we're staying with her."

"Hmm." Thinking about it, I couldn't get home... But the hospital isn't that close from here either. They must have drove really fast, those rebels.

"Is that a yes?"

"I don't know. You guys are a bit far aren't you? And my house isn't that far awar from the club... I can walk there."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Reallyyyy sure?"

"Yes."

"Really really realllyyyyy-"

"YES!" I shout in my phone and shake my head with a smile. This girl.

Mi Hyun giggles and then yawns.

"Go sleep," I urge. "It's late. I'll text you when I'm home, okay?"

She hums but I'm pretty sure she's falling asleep by now. And that's when the line goes dead.

Great, alone again.

 

 

I let out a sigh and hide my phone deep inside my purse. Then, I look around and see some boys around my age smoke and look at me strangely.

Feeling something creep up at the back of my neck, I slightly bow with a forced smile before I turn around and leave.

Without looking back, I whine silently and try to fasten my steps.

Why didn't I accept Mi Hyun's offer? Now I'm here, with numbing toes and sore legs.

 

Is my hair tied up? No.

Are my clothing easy to tear off? No. Not really.

Do I look that vulnerable? Maybe.

 

Okay, so I didn't really fit in ar's criteria. That's good.

Now, I'm a bit more relieved.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

A few blocks away, my feet started hurting so bad, I had to take them off. But then, I looked down and the sidewalks were too dirty to walk shoeless. 

Seeing that it's late and that everyone's mostly sleeping, I try to look around discreetly for something that could fit over my feet.

I whistle lowly and then spot empty tissue boxes. I tiptoe over to the trashbags and pull out the boxes from the recycling bin.

"Yes!" I pound my fist a bit and cough. I can't help but think that someone is watching me. But that's whenever I'm alone so... I'm probably just paranoid.

I lean down and hold the empty boxes before I put my feet in each. That's what I call DIY!

I'm not a dirty person. I shower everyday and wash my hair every two days. This is an exception. Alright? Okay. Good.

So this never happened.

I can trust you?

Yes?

No?

Ah, nevermind then.

 

One of the street lights start to flicker and I almost run to the next block, thinking that it's a sign that I may get killed like in those horror movies.

As quiet as I can, which is not so much with the box clacking and screeching at each step, I see that I'm about 15 blocks away from my house and sweat is slowly making its way down my temples.

Good exercise for the day. Yeah.

Gulp.

 

 

I hear boisterous laughter near the corner of the street and I quickly jump behind a tree I just noticed.

What if it's a gang?! If they have tattoos, I'll probably have a heart attack.

 

"Dude, you were awesome!" One says.

"No... Okay, maybe a little bit." Another replies and I can't help but think, Cocky much?

"But you were really good. We'd want you on our team." The voice sounds a bit husky and I tilt my head. Where have I heard that voice before?

"Okay, not so soon." One laughs. "We can't just accept the guy, it'd be unfair to the other candidates."

I don't dare to look because their voices are becoming louder and louder.

"Oh, come on!" A guy with a younger tone whines. "You know they're not as good as him!" That's when all of their voices get mixed with each other and I can't make out what each of 'em says.

"Alright! Alright." Their voices slowly die down and I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding.

 

My ankle suddenly tickles and I try to bend down to scratch it, trying hard not to make any noise.

I scratch it, but it still tickles, so when I glance down my eyes bulge out of its sockets.

A freaking gigantic bug I have never seen in my entire existence on this Earth is crawling on my leg.

I'm not one to easily get scared of bugs, but when it's the size or your fist and looks creepy as fudge, it's scary.

And I repeat, a gigantic bug is crawling on my-

"Ky....AHHH. GO AWAY YOU NASTY." As I try to run away, one foot slips and then I fall on the grass while I frantically push away the creepy crawler from my leg. I jump up and stomp my feet as quickly as I can so it'd fall or get off somehow.

"Eehhhhhhh. Get off. Get off. Get off." I chant in my head.

 

 

 

 

 

"It's off."

I don't think I was chanting in my head. Schnitzel.

I stop all movement and turn my head slowly to the masculine voice. So it's not a gang. Well it is, just not the kind that could kill someone. Or maybe they do? No. Or else I would've noted it in my diary.

My eyes glance at each member and I think Sora would have killed to be in my place right now.

When my eyes fall upon someone familiar, my brows both raise on their own.

 

I point my finger, "You-"

"Why am I not surprised." Jimin's face is void of emotion and for the first time, I can't make out what he thinks.

The youngest, Jungkook, turns to Jimin and asks curiously, "You know her?"

And that's when I remember that I'm in a weird ninja position, with empty tissue boxes as shoes and that I probably look like I just got up from bed.

The blood rises to my face and to the top of my ears when I see them all look down at my feet.

 

SOMEONE. ANYONE. PLEASE HIT ME WITH A POT AND DRAG ME AWAY FROM THIS HELL THAT IS CALLED LIFE.

Please.

If I cry, will it work?

 

"In a situation like this, I don't think it's good to say yes." Jimin utters out with a frown and I want to die and crawl in a small hole where I can wallow forever. And never come out.

I gulp. Then I stand straight and pat my shirt so it looks a bit more proper.

With my hands, I reach to the back and grab all of my hair before putting it in front of my face to hide my shame.

I bite my lips hard and walk pass them, hoping that they would forget all of this and that tomorrow it's going to be all fresh and daisies.

But as I walk pass them, I can feel their glare under my hair and I screw my eyes shut.

Not a good idea because the next thing that happens is my head meeting a big tree.

"Ah- God, dang it!" I slap the tree and then regret it quickly afterwards.

"I'm sorry." I whisper and pat it gently, as if it could understand me.

 

"Doesn't she go to our school?" I can make out the voice to be Nam Joon's or Rap Monster, as many like to call him.

"I think she looks a bit crazy." I hear Taehyung start. I scoff under my nose. He's crazy so it doesn't mean much to me. "But then, I'm crazy too!" He laughs. Yeah, you are. 

Jimin laughs but I don't know if it's forced or not. And not wanting to hear what he has to say, I try to jog with the tissue boxes, but it's hard. One of my toes is already peeping out of the left box.

I want to sob and wail away in my bed. The shoes don't stop making clackity sounds and they are looking at me again, I know it.

 

There's something that builds in the pit of my stomach and I blow my fringe in frustration.

Stop looking at me.

I hate it when people look at me for longer than 5 seconds. It's irritating.

I'm still stepping one foot at a time and when I can't take it anymore, I turn around.

"Yes! I'm wearing tissue boxes on my feet. They're the new trend. See?" I give them a pose just for the heck of it and then I become blank again.

"Now, stop staring at me like I'm some alien. I'm not." I blink. When they don't budge, I throw my hands up in despair, "Try to wear heels for a a day and you'll see what I mean!" I show them the pair of heels in my left hand and huff before I turn around so they'd face my back.

 

"I tried. It's difficult." Someone utters.

"Shut up, V." I think Suga gave Taehyung a slap upside the head.

The boys start talking again and I see this as my chance to escape. I hold the shoes near my chest and quickly run away before they can notice.

I bite my lip to force down the laugh that's about to escape. I don't even know why I want to laugh, maybe it's just that time of the day where you laugh for no reason. That happens a lot though.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

I'm about two to three blocks away from the one where the boys were at. I let myself breathe and slowly catch my breath. 

My feet are starting to really hurt, but not from the heels. I think running around with thin tissue boxes isn't healthy.

My ankle looks a bit swollen and I go to the edge of the sidewalk before I fall down with a wince.

I pull the boxes from my feet and see that they're both swollen and red.

 

First time clubbing.

Worst experience ever.

Being legal doesn't always mean it's more fun because this- THIS, is no fun.

Slowly, I massage my left foot, tiredly and feel my eyes close by themselves.

I sniff and shake my head to keep myself awake.

"No, Song Rim. Stay awake." With a cough, I continue to massage my feet and as the time passes by, my head falls. My exhaustion getting the best of me.

 

Something then tugs at my toes and my eyes quickly snap open.

"Hey!" I loudly exclaim. There is Jimin, grabbing my shoes- tissue boxes and pushes them both deeply in a trash can. "My shoes..."

He turns around with a pointed look and I look away, feeling awkward. "New Trend huh..." He says under his breath and I decide to ignore it.

"How am I gonna walk now?" I jut out my lower lip and exhale through my nose. I put a hand over my face and sigh deeply. 

Why did he throw them away? I still have 10 blocks to go!

"You're so rude. Why did you do that? I still have miles to go. Park Jimin, give me those right now." I get up, shoe less and march up to him with a determined face.

"Stop." It's the first time I've seen him so serious. He's almost scowling at me and I feel myself cower a bit. Serious Jimin is a bit frightening.

I bend my right leg like I'm about to walk again but he puts a hand to keep me from coming closer.

"I said stop."

With a frown, I want to snap at him for ordering me around, but he quickly comes makes his way to me and pushes my shoulders down.

"W-what"

"Shut up."

Did he just tell me to....

"Shut up? You shut up." I retort childishly. At the break of dawn, childish Song Rim always makes her appearance.

He urges me to sit down, and I do because I'm just tired, so I let him do as he please.

Jimin takes my right foot in his hands and inspects it.

A blush rises on my cheeks and I try to pull my foot away but he gives me a look that makes me stop whatever I'm trying to do.

I my lips and look down. I can smell him, feel his soft breaths near my legs and it's weird. I've never been this close to a guy before.

It's not sad guys. It's normal even. I believe it is.

 

Jimin inspects both my feet before he turns to look at his own feet and before I can even ask him what he's doing, he pulls one of his sneakers away and puts it in front of my foot.

"Wait- no. It's okay. You'll get hurt-" I wave my hands to show him that I don't mind. Wouldn't he hurt his feet then? But there he is. Offering me his shoes.

"Just stop moving. Please." This time, he says it in a soft tone. So calm, I can't find myself saying no. Seeing this side of Jimin makes me wonder if other's see him like this.

Vulnerable, innocent and almost child like. Adorable in many ways.

 

He looses the strings to make the shoe wider and then gently, he puts my feet in and looks at me with a worried look.

My eyes round and I raise my brows as if silently questioning him, What?

"Is it okay? I'm not hurting you, am I?"

I shake my head and lightly smile.

"Good." Jimin nods his head approvingly, not without a smirk and I laugh to myself. That's the Jimin I got used to.

 

After he makes sure my feet are both securely in and laced, he gets up and I do the same. I pat the back of my shorts to get the dirt off and when I'm done I look at Jimin and laugh.

"Are you okay?" I ask when I see him bending with his hands on his knees.

"Get on." He says as an order. I can't get on his back when he's like this. Without proper shoes to walk in.

 

Without replying, I just blink and start walking pass him.

I see his head follow my movement and I stuck out a tongue at him.

His jaw hangs a bit and I fasten my pace so he doesn't catch up with me.

"Song rim." His voice sounds threatening, but playful. You know like adults do with babies when they're about to catch them? That kind of tone. And just like those babies, I force down a giggle and speed walk.

"Song rim." He repeats, louder this time and I purse my lips and make a noise through my noise.

"If you don't get here, I'll hold you bridal style." I can't hear his steps echo anymore, so I know he stopped walking.

When I turn my head to look at him, I see that he is dead serious and I'm mad. Why can this guy just come up and act like he's just this dude that can order me around, expecting me to always say yes to his request.

He can get hurt for god's sakes. Isn't that enough for him to understand?

 

"O... kay." My mouth says reluctantly before I can even tell it to say the opposite.

You're weak, Song Rim. Weak. Song Rim Weakling. That should be my last name.

 

There's a tiny smile hanging at the corner of his lips, one that makes me stare at his mouth for a second to long that I hear him cough. My eyes snap up and he gestures me to hop on his back.

When I'm standing behind him, I can hear my heart beat in my ears and I don't know how I found the effort to ask, "Do I just... Hop on?"

"Yeah." He nods with a shrug. "What? Afraid to break me?" I can hear the smirk in his question and I glare at his back.

I mimick him and quickly jump on him, catching him off guard.

"A warning would have been nice!" He says after he regained his composure.

"Well I didn't break you. Isn't that enough?" I wittily say while putting both hands around his neck, not too tight to strangle him. I don't want to be known as the 'hot guy with sweet abs' murderer.

"You should be more grateful." He shakes his head disapprovingly, but when I lean over to look at his face, he's smiling happily. "Not everyone can get the Jimin piggy back ride, you know?"

"No." I mutter. "I don't know. I don't know you, more specifically."

"Oh..." Jimin nods slowly with a smug face and I turn my face away from him so he doesn't see my blush because I know exactly what he's thinking. "So you want to get to know me. Is that it? You could have just said it you know."

"Ugh." I let my head fall on his shoulder and I groan for him to understand that no. I do not want to get to know him.

"I want to get to know you though."

My whole body stiffen.

Was he referring to his "I do my research too." Thing? Because I can't believe that this guy would be anywhere near my OCD symptoms. He couldn't. Not like me.

"Did you hear me?"

I heard you loud and clear mister.

I look up and almost yelp when I see his face directly in front of mine.

Why did you turn your head Jimin? WHY. Then I forget everything I'm thinking about, and nothing comes out of my mouth.

What are we talking about again?

He doesn't even turn his head back to the front, he just continues staring at me while walking straight forward.

My eyes look into his and I hate myself for liking the fact that we're at a really close proximity.

Think of it, I could just lean 5 centimeters more and kiss him-

NO.

 

"Want to kiss me?"

"WHAT?! NO!" I yell at him so loud, I almost fall back because I jumped when I heard his question. Howcan this guy read through me like an opened book? It didn't make sense.

He bursts into laughter and stops in his steps. "Why are you so flustered then? Your actions always reveal what words can't."

"So you easily kiss strangers? Is that it now?" I hiss to him and feel like strangling him. This guy made my murderous side come out. And I didn't know I had one.

"No." Jimin deadpanned. "I don't."

"How would I know that?"

"You just have to get to know me to see if I'm serious or not, I guess." He cocked his head with a pout before he shrugged innocently.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

For the rest of the walk -well him walking and me on his back- we didn't talk. The silence was so comfortable that I fell asleep.

I wouldn't have gotten up if I didn't feel someone shake me gently.

"H-huh?"

"We're home." I see him sit down on the steps while I'm leaning on my front door.

My eyes are half lidded I wipe my eyes to see better. When I open them again, I see faint spots of red on the ground. I look to see where they come from and I realize they're from Jimin's left foot.

"Jimin. Your foot." I state with panic rising and he looks at his foot before he shrugs nonchalantly, looking like he might fall asleep.

"You have to get that disinfected or it might get serious. Come on." I urge him, wide awake and bend down to get his arm over my shoulder.

I almost forgot that I'm not the only one tired here. Jimin supported my weight and walked around without shoes. Of course he'd be exhausted.

I was so careless.

Guilt creeps up all over my body and I clench my fingers uncomfortably.

I'm so sorry, Jimin.

"Let's get you inside." I say without thinking. The only thing I'm thinking about is cleaning his injury.

 

I pat my body to find my small purse and when I feel it, I open the front pocket to take the keys out. Slowly, not to make too much noise, I put the key in and turn the lock until I hear a click.

"Go on." I usher him inside and close the door before locking it again.

I my head towards the stairs, "My room's up the stairs, first door on your left!" I whisper-yell to him and he nods, his eyes half lidded and I remind myself to take a picture of him... for later purposes.

Is that creepy though? Oh but who cares. Right?

When he's halfway up the stairs, he mumbles. "Where you going."

"I'm just going to get the first aid kit. Get yourself comfortable okay? I'll be right over."

He nods and mumbles incoherent things and I lean to try and hear better but I realize they're only gibberish. I quickly go to the kitchen and open the cupboard where we keep all of our pills and medication.

I take out a few boxes until I find the first aid kit. Putting all the other drugs inside the cupboard, I close it and tiptoe my way up to my room.

When I open the door, I see Jimin's body all sprawled over my bed.

He's asleep, is what I notice.

Then I glance away and meet my reflection in the mirror. I'm smiling and I wonder when did I ever felt this... Good? Relieved? At ease?

 

Shaking away my thoughts, I shut the door and kneel down at the foot of my bed.

Not wanting to wake him up, I gently peel away his socks. I take off the right one off first, and then with much more care, I pull on the left one. I cringe when I feel his toes move a bit.

His breathing sounds calm, so I know he's fast asleep.

When both are completely off, I see a piece of thin glass in his foot and bite my lips hard.

The injury starts from the inner arch of his foot to end at the outer of his little toe mound.

"Ow..." I unsconsciously let out.

How long did he have that in his foot? And why didn't he even make any noise to show he was hurt? Now, it makes me feel all the more guily.

I don't know if he's stupid or just extremely nice.

I shake my head and take out the tongs and dab a bit of alcohol on it to be sure it's clean.

 

Then, with much effort, I pinch the top of the glass and remove it the best I can. He was lucky enough to have a thin piece of glass and not a large one. Or else I would have had to call the ambulance.

I hear a hiss, but it doesn't come from me, so I lean my head and see that Jimin is frowning hard with his screwed shut.

"I'm sorry." I whisper, not sure whether he heard it or not.

I put the glass in a piece of paper and throw it in my waste bin. After, I take out a piece of cotton and pour a bit of alcohol again before dabbing it lightly on his foot.

"A-ah... Ah." Jimin winces and I have to hold his feet firmly for it not to move.

"Breathe in and out. Think about something... anything. Just something that distracts you."

His breathing is ragged and uneven. What should I do in situations like these? I feel helpless.

I dab a bit harder to get the alcohol in his wound and he winces again, almost letting out a small cry.

"Think. Anything!" I repeat for him to think less about the pain.

"K.... Y....u." He says in between heaves but I don't hear him well.

"What?" I ask absentmindedly and continue to clean his wound, almost done with it.

"K... ing. Yo..." He tries to say again.

"Jimin, if you don't want me to hear you," I look closer to see if I cleaned the wound well. "Well it's working."

 

After putting the dirty cotton swabs in a bag, I put them away and heave a small relieved breath, "Done."

Jimin's frown is gone and he looks so peaceful, I dont dare to wake him.

When I'm on my way to wash my hands in my bathroom, I hear him this time, loud and clear.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Kissing... you..." 

 

I halt. My heart is beating so fast that the blood is going up to my head, making me feel light headed.

Quickly turning to him with wide eyes, I'm facing his back, but as I hear his breathing become even again, I realize that he's fast asleep.

 

 


Word count: 4909

It's late. But I wanted to write. Yup. Hope I didn't disappoint? ;-; I love you guys all so much. NIGHT LOVELIES. Sweet dreams. Hope Jimin is in it ;3