oo2

My OCD ruined my Neighbors | On hiatus

oo2

 

"Song Rim!" I faintly hear someone call my name.

Am I dreaming or something?

I can hear the person's voice, but it sounds so far away.

"You asked for it..." I hear the person say more clearly.

Gasping for air, my eyes open quickly and there I see my brother with a bottle of water over my head.

"No! DON'T!" I yell, but it's no use. He already dumps all of the bottle's recipient on me.

 

Quickly sitting up from the freezing water on my skin, my jaw hangs open as I blink quickly to get the water out of my eyes.

"You idiot!" I insult my brother.

"What was I supposed to do?" He asks me, looking like he has absolutely no idea what to do in a situation like this.

I scoff, "Wake me up gently, maybe?"

He shrugs. "I tried, but you didn't budge. At least you're up now!" He then nods with a smile on his face. I'm sure he's happy to have thrown some water at me and not because I woke up.

 

Wiping the hair that was stuck to my forehead away, I pat away the excess of water on me.

"Gosh... How did you know I was unconscious?" I ask him as I get up and walk towards my bathroom.

Jong Rim makes his way to my door and points towards the window. "The next door dude knocked to say he saw someone fall from the other side of his window."

Cringing from the embarrassment, I yelp. "He saw me?"

Then I hide behind my hands to shake away the thought of him seeing me. Did he see my face though? I really hope not.

"You're such a girl." Jong Rim clicks his tongue and shakes his head while watching me breakdown.

Then I snap, "And why are you such a guy? Get out!" I shoo him out of my room and shut it before turning the lock.

"He's not ugly! So try to restrain yourself, huh?" He yells from the other side of my door.

I face palm myself and clench my jaw.

As if I didn't know the guy was extremely attractive? I didn't need another guy to tell me about it.

Facing my window, I look in the boy's room and see him roaming around. I bend down, quickly, so he doesn't see me and fall on all four. I crawl to the window and peek my head up a bit to see if he's still there.

Suddenly, he turns to look inside my room and I lower my head in haste.

 

*thump thump* My heart beats faster.

 

"It's only because you're nervous." I tell myself with a shaky breath and slowly pull on my curtains to block his view from my room.

I shake my head.

I have to write this all down in my diary. Now.

 

 

 

***

 

 

It's dinner time and we're all sitting around the table, fishing out the food from the plates.

"Did you meet the new neighbors, mom?" I asked while taking a spoonful of soup.

She took a sip of water and gave me a look that said don't start.

I shrug and take a piece of meat before popping it in my mouth.

"I met their son earlier because someone had a small accident." She emphasizes on accident. Did she know the reason why I fell in the first place? Sometimes, mother's knew too much.

I try to say normally but it comes out in stutters, "I-I bumped my head and fell." Then I poke the rice left in my bowl with my chopsticks.

"Clutz." My brother coughs and I glare at him from the side, before kicking him on the shin. He winces and grabs for his leg, while I smile mischievously.

Take that, moron.

When I look up, I see my mom shaking her head at our behavior, while my dad is completely oblivious of what's going on.

Then I continue to munch on my dinner and awkwardly poke at my food.

"You remember what we talked about a few weeks ago, huh, Song Rim?" My mother asks.

"Huh?" I raise my brows and then understand what she was hinting at. With a sigh, I nod. "Yes, mom..."

With an approving nod, she smiles and continues eating. "Good. Just making sure." I turn my head away from her and lightly roll my eyes.

"I'm done," I say as my lips form a straight line. As quick as I can, not to hear another one of her famous lectures, I push back my chair and bring my dirty dishes to the sink.

I'm about to leave them there when I hear someone clear their throat.

 

 

"Can you clean your own dishes? No one's going to clean after you, Song Rim. You know, when I was your age..." She starts her 'when I was young, I saw my siblings die from hunger while I worked hard to just get a small bowl of rice for the day' speech.

I've heard this enough times to know it by heart, so I cut her off, "Okay! I'll clean it up, mom."

Then she smiles in delight before she gives me a kiss on the temple, "Thank you honey." I playfully bump into her and she bumps me back, making me laugh lightly.

As I grab the sponge and wipe my bowl with it, I hear her speak up again.

"The boy is good looking, isn't he?"

With a choke, I block my mouth with my arm and act like I choked on something.

"Are you okay?" She asks and puts a comforting hand on my back to pat it softly.

I nod with a fake smile, "Y-yeah! I'm completely fine." Then I lower my head to avoid eye-contact with her. My mother could easily read through me and I didn't want her to get mad...

"Song Rim." Then she sighs. Oh man... Why is she sighing?

Gulping as quietly as I can, I ask her, "Yes?"

I see her lean over the sink so that she's directly in my point of view.

"It's the first time we have a family where their son is the same age as you." She states calmly. I already know where she's going with this.

Nodding, I my lips, a nervous habit of mine. "Yes. I'm aware..." I trail.

"I'm not going to scold you, if that's what you're afraid of." She explains.

I raise my brows and turn to look at her. Then I say in surprise, "Really?"

Letting out a breath, she starts smiling. "Yes. And I'm not insensitive either. I know it's not healthy to blame you for things you have no control over."

Rinsing the few dishes in the sink to put them to dry, I turn my body and lean my back on the sink. "For real."

"Yes!" She presses on and lets out a small laugh. "Just... When you feel like the urge to write comes up, think about something. Anything. Just find something to distract you in the meantime."

"But writing does distract me." I quickly add.

My mom ignores my comment and continues, "Or go jog! You used to like sports didn't you? That would be healthy and helpful for you!" Her excitement could be seen through the sparkles in her eyes.

Unsure about her request, I shrug. "I don't know..."

Her face lits up and she gasps before talking to herself, "I think I remember seeing a basketball in the garage, while I was cleaning up."

I blink.

"I'll go get it for you now!" With a confident stare, she goes to the door that leads to the garage and I let out a breath.

Really, mom?

"I don't even like basketball..." I mutter to myself and slump my way up to my room.

 

Not feeling like going outside, I fall on my bed and stay still until I hear her steps getting nearer. Then I pull my pillow and put it on my face so she'd understand that I have no intention to move.

"Umph!" The air is knocked out of my lungs as the ball falls from my stomach to land on the rug with a thud.

"M-" I cough. "Mom!" I yell her name and throw away my pillow in flabbergast.

"Stop whining." She waves away and adds, "I didn't even throw it that hard."

Still flabbergasted, I exclaim. "Still?"

"Go. Shoo." She comes near me and takes my hand to drag me out of my room.

"But I don't want to mom!" I lazily let myself get dragged like some rag doll because my mom is one stubborn woman and always gets what she wants.

"Come on." She urges and quickly adds, "You're going to thank me for putting you up to this." I see her nod her head with much excitement.

I grimace.

I don't think so.

"Maybe your brother could accompany you?" My mom asks to no one, but we all know it's directed to my brother.

"Huh?" He turns to us. Then he eyes my mom, then me and then the ball. "Nope. No, thanks." He gives me his big fat smile that makes me want to punch him in the face and runs for his room.

"FAT !"

"Shush!" She scolds me with a light slap on the arm.

"Ah-" I touch the area where she hit me and put on my running shoes.

"Where are you going?" I hear my dad ask, clearly curious about why my mother is kickign me out of the house. Literally.

"Song Rim is going to play outside." Her smile widens as she lifts the ball in front of my face.

"Who still plays outside at 18? And alone at that..." I murmur to myself, but I'm sure she heard it.

"That's nice!" My dad encourages. "I would play with you, but... My energy isn't as good as it used to be. Getting old here." He chuckles and I lightly shake my head at how silly he is.

My dad's the playful one between the two parents. Go figure.

 

"Come back later. But no later than 8pm!" She lightly pushes me out and shuts the door before I can even protest.

When I realize that I have nothing on me, I fervently knock on the door. "My keys, mom!" After a few minutes, my shoulders deflate when I know she has no interest in opening the door for me.

I grunt and turn around. "So much for family."

Looking at my surroundings, nothing's changed for the 8 years I've been living here. Maybe just the neighbors, but otherwise, nothing changes much.

Feeling my fingers twitch, I clench my hand and decide to dribble the ball to stop the urge.

The urge. It sounds bad doesn't it?

It's actually the feeling one gets when his or her OCD starts acting up. It's basically uncontrollable, unwanted thoughts and repetitive, ritualized behaviors you feel compelled to perform.

That's what I'm feeling right now.

"Dairyyyy." I whine to myself. My diary's name is Dairy. 

It's not like I have anything else to do, so instead I dribble all my way to the park.

 

 

***

 

 

*thump* *thump*

"YOU BALL!" I yell at the basketball that keeps bouncing on the ground. Then I stomp to it while huffing and picking it up. Somehow, it never got in the net, but instead went hugging the asphalt.

"GAH!" I shout when I throw it at the basketball net for the umpteenth failed time. 

Then, my eyes widen when I see the ball bounce from the backboard and right towards me.

I squeak. "Fudge." And prepare for the hit.

 

*thud*

 

Lying on the floor, I grunt. "Ugh..."

My head hurts. My back hurts. My pride hurts too.

Slowly pushing myself up, I touch my head and can feel a small bump forming. 

"This was supposed to help me how?" I rub my forehead and crawl to the bench not too far away from me.

I've been playing for 15 minutes and I couldn't take it anymore. The walk here was even more entertain than... this!

 

Looking at my watch, I see that it's 7:38pm and sigh.

Should I go home now? But then it means having to be in a house with a mom that lectures too much and a brother who's annoying as f- cheese.

"I can take a nap?" I ask myself the question and shrug my shoulders.

And no, I will not get or assaulted. This neighborhood is as lame as turtlenecks. Do you like turtlenecks? If so, I do not mean to offend you. I just, turtlenecks and me, we don't have much of a good relationship.

Putting that aside, I lie down on the bench and have one feet dangling on the ground. I put the ball on my stomach so it won't roll away from me. My mom would kill me if I lose the ball.

I can already imagine her say, "It's money! Don't you know how to economize a bit?"

Nope. Let's not think about her for a while.

I close my eyes and exhale through my nose, hoping I can just have a litle peace of mind.

 

 

 

Quickly enough, I start dreaming about really odd things.

 

I'm in front of my house but there's a whole crowd of people standing in front of me. They look at me with wide eyes, but they don't say anything.

"Hello?" I greet them to see if they're going to repy back, but they don't.

my lips, I bow awkwardly. "Do any of you need help?" I ask.

Then I see something appear on their foreheads.

Edition 2019. Entry #38.

Edition 2025. Entry #82.

Edition 2089. Entry #147.

Shaking my head, I quietly say, "No." As I understand what is happening, and slowly walk back to bump my back on the front door.

Seeing them walk closer, I turn to the door and try my best to open it, but it doesn't budge.

"MOM! JONG RIM! SOMEONE!?" I yell as I hit the door with the side of my fists.

They're closing in on me.

I can't breathe.

Then they step on me and I let out a cry. Their weight is putting pressure on my small body.

I'm going to die.

 

 

"NUH!" I wake up, startled. My breath is heavy and hollow, then I touch my body to see if I have any footprints on me.

None.

"Oh god..." I exhale with much relief.

"Are you okay?

My eyes widen at the voice and I stay put.

Is it a e? Please no. I never did anything wrong. This cannot happen to me! I'm still so young!

"Spare me please!" I close my eyes and close my arms around my body, in self-defense.

"What?" The person says, confusion dripping from his voice.

I peek from one eye and turn to my right. There's no one.

"Here." He says.

I turn to look at the other side and he's there.

"Y-you..." I point a small finger at him and stutter. Oh my gosh. He's so beautiful from up close. 

"Yeah?" The boy says, unsure.

My eyes try to capture every aspect of his face to be sure to mark it down when I get home. This is something I need to remember.

But then I glance at his hands and see my ball. What is he doing with my ball?

"Umm... Not to be rude, but did- did you take my ball from me?" I ask him, not believing that he took my ball. Mine!

Then he looks down and wordlessly puts the ball closer to me.

Instinctively, I go to grab the ball but he pulls the ball back to him.

 

My jaw hangs open a little. Did he just do that?

"Did you just-" I stop mid-sentence and scoff. 

He's smirking at me. The boy has the darn guts to smirk at me.

Jumping up as fast as I can, I try to snatch the ball, but he moves away effortlessly.

 

Why do guys like to do that with girls? Take their books away from them and just dangle it over their head. I've played this game a little too many times enough to say that it's not fun at all.

"Give me back my ball!" I say through gritted teeth and start running after him.

He keeps running around the basketball court while dribbling the ball like a pro.

Okay, boy. I don't need to see how good you are at this. I enough as it is.

Sometimes he teases me and stops moving until I come closer and that's when he dodges like it's the easiest thing to do.

"GOD!" I stop running and put my hands on both knees. I try to swallow, but my throat is too dry. "Just... Just give me back... My ball..." I hold the side of my hip as I feel a cramp make its way there. "Please?"

He smirks again and holds the ball next to his side in a cocky manner. Did he really like to see me in this much pain? What a masochistict person!

"Tell you what..." He starts and dribbles the ball a few times. "Why don't we do a best out of 3 and if you win, I give you back your all. If not, I can keep it."

"What?! No! It's not your choice to make!" I say each word with a heavy sigh.

Then he juts out his lower lip and he nods at me innocently. If only he didn't look so cute, I would have hit him.

"I have the ball in my hands, don't I?" He asks, rhetorically. "So I get to decided whether I keep it or not." A small mischievous glint can be seen in his eyes and I squint.

I can't do this right now. I'm having a hard time breathing and he's still standing and well! 

"But this isn't fair! You made me run around like some mad dog and-"

"Alright." I see him eye-roll.

Nobody eye-rolls at me. I always eye-roll at others. Not the other way around.

I'm about to say something when he continues. "Tell you what." He walks closer to me, "We'll do a best out of 3 and I'll let you use both hands while I," he shows his free hand before putting it behind his back, "Can only use one hand. Is that okay with you?"

Looking at where he's standing, I calculate in my head how much time it would take me to just jump and take the ball away from him.

 

Hmm. About 2 seconds?

 

Then, in a blink of an eye, I bend my knees and launch myself to get the ball.

But the thing is... my leg gets stuck to my other foot.

I open my mouth to scream.

Nothing comes out.

My neighbor's eyes widen, as big as they can get, (his eyes are pretty small, just a remark, my eyes aren't that big either) but he doesn't budge.

The guy has reflexes, but what about now?

*thud*

 

"Ah...." I can hear him groan below me.

Ugh.

My chest absolutely, freaking hurt!

My body being diagonally lying on his, I have his torso under my upper body while my legs are on the rough ground.

Talk about some fall...

 

Feeling him shift under me, I then realize that he can feel my chest on him.

Never have I ever been in such an embarassing situation.

"Oh gosh!" I gasp. Humiliation. Complete humiliation.

Then I get up in seconds, at the same time, I grab the ball and runaway, while trying hard not to fall.

His voice echoes, but I don't understand any of the words he yells at me.

 

 

 

***

 

 

When I'm sure that I'm far away from the scene, I stop running to catch my breath. Maybe mom was right. I really need to exercise some more.

"He... He just... Felt my s..." I say out loud, convincing myself that it happened.

He.

Felt.

My.

s.

 

I can hear myself scream internally.

 

Oh wait.

I'm really yelling though.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I HATE MY LIFE."

 

 


word count: 3343

ohmygod. can you imagine getting your chest felt up by Jimin's chest o-o. ICANT. Small chappie for you all because I adore you and can't leave you hanging. It's tiny for a chapter ;-; sorry, but will try to update! (even though college is a b-CHEESEBALL and finals are coming in big big steps) OK so that is all and goodbye loveliessss