oo3

My OCD ruined my Neighbors | On hiatus

oo3

 

"Are you even listening to me?"

 

"Huh?" I break away from my thoughts and turn my head to the owner of the voice.

Mi Hyun looks at me with a small scowl and almost sounds like she's growling. Feeling a bit uncomfortable under her stare, I smile sheepishly and look away from her.

"I was talking for the past 15 minutes and you weren't listening?!"

I stutter. "W-well, I was... I was distracted. Can't people get distracted once in a while?"

Trying to avoid her stern look, I stab my salad lightly and munch on it with small bites.

 

Silence.

 

Then I hear her lowly say, "But you're never distracted."

My hand stops picking at my food and my jaw hangs a bit, making me wide-eyed.

 

It's true. I'm usually never distracted by anything. I'm even the opposite of distracted.

Being extremely observative and attentive, these qualities make it easier for me to write in my journals.

 

"The only thing that distracts you is your diary." She says with a light scoff, but I know there's no negative intention behind it.

Wait. My journal!

 

"Oh no." I say in horror when I realize that I've really been distracted.

Mi Hyun takes a bite out of her sandwich and says with her mouthful, "What?"

"I was distracted." I whisper. Then I see her gulp down her food with a nod.

"I know. You were distracted by your journal. No, duh."

"No!" I exclaim with my hands hitting the table.

"Song Rim... Are you okay?" She aks with a 'I'll call the doctor if I need to' look.

"No." My lips shake from the shock and I moisturize them with the tip of my tongue to take away the dryness. I continue.

"I didn't... I didn't write in my journal."

A gasp.

"For 2 days."

Another gasp.

 

For the next 5 minutes, we only look at each other; me with wide eyes and Mi Hyun with her jaw hanging open with a piece of lettuce stuck between her teeth.

Note to self: do not forget to check teeth.

Another gasp.

"Okay, Mi Hyun. Cease."

Then she lets out a breath. "Oh my god... I felt like my lungs were about to burst!" She grabs her chest and takes deep respirations.

I snort at her childish antics. "Why did you hold your breath then?"

"Because!" She shots up and pounds a fist on the table. "You didn't write for 2 days!"

"I know that. I just told you."

"But, oh my GOD! You didn't write! The Lord has answered my prayers." Mi Hyun starts laughing like a maniac and people start staring at us like she's gone mental.

"Mi Hyun... Mi Hyun, stop." I look around shyly and bow to apologize for her behavior.

She clutches her stomach and wipes her fake tears, or real, I don't know for sure, then sits down noisily on the bench.

"You didn't write. Oh wow. I have to... We have to celebrate. Yeah. Let's celebrate!"

I frown. Is this girl sane?

 

"Come on," she pushes our trays away and grabs my hand to stand up. "Let's ditch."

"Okay, miss crazy train. Calm." I pat her head and let go of her hand before taking my tray to empty it in the trashcan.

I hear her quickly follow me from behind and make my way out of the cafeteria, after throwing away my half eaten lunch.

When she's finally besides me, I stop and hold my index up before smiling to her innocently. "We could ditch to get my journal?"

She doesn't reply, but instead flicks a finger on my forehead.

Ow.

"You're lame, you know that?"

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

The teacher is talking about algorithms and no matter how much I try to concentrate, my brain just won't function well. My eyes are slowly closing when I feel something hit the side of my head.

My head shots up, while the arm I was leaning on, falls on my desk.

"W-what." I say a bit muffled.

Sora smirks at me and nods at the paper that landed on my table. I raise a brow and she urges me on.

Squinting at the balled up paper, I try to open it quietly, not to attract unwanted attention.

Rough night?

I mentally laugh because someone something definitely kept me up last weekend.

Sort of.

Then I scrunch the paper back and throw it towards her. She catches it easily and puts it under the table before replying back.

What? Did someone keep you up all night? Hmm ;)

My cheeks instantly heat up after reading her suggestive comment, since I was thinking about my neighbor just seconds ago.

 

Mental image. No. Nope. Stop brain. Stop.

 

Quickly scribbling down my reply with my head lowered to hide my blushing cheeks, I ball the paper up again and throw it, aiming at her head.

But of course, she dodges it and opens it up.

STOP WATCHING MOVIES SORA! IT GIVES YOU UNHEALTHY IDEAS YOU LITTLE ERT.

"I DON'T WATCH-" Sora halts from saying anything else when she notices where we are.

I smile smugly at her when the teacher turns around and gives an uninterested look at Sora.

"Is there a problem, Im Sora?"

Sora clears and fidgets on her seat, hiding the paper under her bum. I snort lightly and bite my lips to keep myself from laughing when I see how hard she's trying to hide it.

"N-no, ma'am!" She gets to stutter out.

The teacher tilts her head and frowns in slight worry, seeing Sora sit uncomfortably on her chair.

"Is something wrong with your chair Sora?"

I turn my head at Sora and see how she smiles awkwardly at our teacher. But then, as she stops moving, the paper manages to slip from her skirt, and bounces on the ground.

At that moment, I can hear us both gulping simultaneously.

We can hear feel the resonating sound our teacher's heels make as she slowly makes her way to our desks. She leans down, and everything feels like it's being paused and replayed in slow-motion, before she reaches the paper with the tip of her fingers.

"Crap." Sora mutters.

"Ditto." I answer.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

"You shouldn't have thrown the paper at me." I utter disappointedly to Sora as we're outside of the classroom, on our knees with our arms raised above our heads.

Teachers don't usually send me outside of class, so imagine the face of our math teacher when she read our conversation...

Sora looks down with a pout. "Well you shouldn't have opened it, you curious cat."

With a sigh, I entwine my hands together to keep them up longer and then I explain that we're equally to blame.

"Well, I guess it's both our faults."

"Yeah..." Sora nods like she approves.

My knees start to hurt and I move to try and find a better position. Not that there were any more options, though.

"How long have we been here?"

I see Sora scratch the side of her head and jut out her lower lip as she tries to think.

"Hmm... I think about 20 minutes?"

This isn't pure torture, but it's pretty tiring. Suddenly, there's a silence that takes place between us and I can't help myself but think back to the events of the past weekend.

"Why didn't I write it all down...." I ask to myself with a shake of a head. How could I have forgotten to write about him? I never forget. I always remember.

"Forget to write what?" I hear Sora perk up.

I blink quickly. No one knows about my 'problem' but Mi Hyun.Though, there were rumors going around in school saying that I always made my neighbors fled their home's but that's just a silly rumor. That's somewhat true.

"I forgot... I forgot to write down the teacher's notes. Hm." I try to tell her in a convincing way and I think she buys it because she doesn't add anything else.

Sora then asks something that makes me freeze. "Oh yeah! I forgot to ask you, but do you know the new kid that people have been talking about? I heard he's quite handsome." I see a mischievous glint in her eyes and I fake a cough.

"M-maybe... Here and there?"

"Well?" She drawls.

"What?" I drawl back.

"Tell me more about him! You always know things before they even happen! I have no idea why though." She tilts her head in thought and shakes her head quickly. "So. Tell me. How old is he? What class is he in? Does he have a girlfriend?"

At each question, she leans closer to me and I back away from her close proximity. "Huh. Sora, can you just-"

"What kind of girl does he like? Oh my gosh. I saw him like once for a few seconds and I can definitely tell you that he's one hot tamale. I wonder if he's hiding any muscles under his clothes..."

Oh yeah. Definitely, yeah. I say to myself when she asked about his muscles. Those beautiful arms and God given abs...

"Song Rim!" She whispers-shouts at me and I snap out of my daydream.

God... Not again! That darn eyeliner boy.

"Um. I euh, he's our age, yeah. I don't know which class he's in..." Yet. "Nor if he has a girlfriend or not. Though..." I suddenly feel on the defensive, Why? I have no idea. "I think the kind of girl he likes is someone who's different. Not someone whose outer appearance is the exact replica of their personality. Yeah. Someone like that." I totally make it all up, not knowing what got into me so that I'd lie to one of my good friends.

"Oh..." Sora nods in amazement or confusion, maybe both. "Do you know if he's fit or not?" She looks like an excited puppy while I'm the one holding the bone in my hands, in complete control of the situation.

"Why would I know that?!" It comes out more panicky than in my head.

She blinks innocently. "I don't know. Maybe you heard one of his classmates or something... Or seen in for yourself?"

I let out an over exaggerated scoff and wave a hand. "What? Pfft. No! No..."

 

For a while, we keep quiet and I thank the heavens because I really don't want to talk about my neighbor anymore.

He's my neighbor.

And I got to see his darn beautiful but sinful body.

But I still didn't know his name.

 

"Last thing." Sora looks at me with a teasing smile. "Do you know his name?"

I'm about to say that I don't, but a voice beats me to it.

 

 

 

"Jimin. Park Jimin." The devil himself says as he walks by and sends a wink our way. Then he disappears and Sora's mouth is hanging open, from shock I think.

Without thinking, a light shade of pink covers my cheeks. My eyes widen too. And if my eyes didn't deceive me, I'm pretty sure his wink was directed at me. But with those small eyes, it wasn't clear if it was for me or not...

Whatever. It could have been for Sora.

 

"Oh, gosh. Did you see that too or did I just imagine it all?" Sora practically squeals to me.

"Jimin..." The name rolls off my tongue casually, as if I called his name more than once.

"Jimin huh?" Sora peeks her head out the corridor to look at Jimin's retreating back. "Pretty good looking. Almost BTS good looking."

"Yeah." I reply, but I don't hear much of what Sora says afterwards because someone still takes my attention away.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

"You. You want to go clubbing?"

"Well, it's not exactly a club." Sora tries to explain but I shake my head.

"If it's a place where people dance, with no skills whatsoever just to grind their body against each other. It's a club." I insist that where she wants us to go is definitely a club, no doubt.

Mi Hyun looks extremely appalled of the idea while Kyung Mi is staring innocently at both of us with her black and round rimmed glasses that she pushes further up her nose.

"Mi Hyun? What do you think?" I tilt my head, trying to give her a hint that she should be on my side.

But then her shoulders deflate, probably because of how Sora is begging with her eyes. "I don't know..."

"That's not a no!" Sora points out.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." I roll my eyes, but look at Kyung Mi. She wouldn't say yes, would she? "Kyung Mi? You're parents wouldn't let you go, right?" Her parents were always overprotective of her, so it wouldn't be a surprise if she refused the offer.

"Actually." She says calmly. "They told me yesterday that I should try and open myself more because if I don't start now, I may never get married."

"WHAT?!" I shout, bewildered. Why did her parents suddenly change overnight? 

 

Life hates me. Karma hates me. 

Do you hate me too God?!

I didn't mean to offend you God. You are absolutely gorgeous, stay beautiful.

 

Sora jumps up and down from joy. We're going clubbing. Yay.

"I can't even dance." I say through gritted teeth.

I hate dancing. Ever since young. My mom had put me in a dance academy and they politely kicked me off the team because I too much. And I was 5 for god's sakes! Who kicks out a 5 year old from dance academy?! Rude people, that's who.

 

Sora puts an arm around mine and she hugs me tightly. "It's okay, honey! You just need to stand there looking all gorgeous and people will still come to you. Don't worry! I'll doll you all up!"

Mi Hyun looked amused. Was this her idea of celebrating?! Because it's not a celebration to me.

I send her a glare and shrugs before she mouths, "Anything to distract you."

Oh. So that's what she was trying to do. Alright. Well, two can play this game.

I shake my head at her and she laughs at me. Kyung Mi looks excited though. Hmm. Maybe this was a good thing for the girls.

Hoes before Bros right?

 

 

 

 

Oh god. What did I got myself into.

 

 

 

***

 

 

"Mom..." I call out as I stand before her. She was writing things down quickly, probably doing accounting for this month's bills.

"Mom." I say a bit louder. I know that I shouldn't disturb her when she's working, but it's the best tactic for me because then, she doesn't have her full attention on me and just says a half yes to anything I ask.

"I'm working, Song Rim." She states.

"I know."

She doesn't add anything else so I decide to ask her now.

"My friends invited me to go to a dance club with them. Tonight."

"Hmm." She hums absentmindedly. I'm half way there. Just a bit more.

"So... I can go?" I slowly ask like she's a child that needs to be explained something calmly.

"Hmm, yeah. Just let me do my work." She frowns and I smile victoriously, it worked. Of course it did, I know my parent's weaknesses. 

"Okay! I'm going now then." I bow, even if I know she doesn't see me.

I go to the front door and put my sneakers on when my dad comes in.

"Song Rim? Where are you going?" He puts his suitcase nest to the door and takes off his own shoes.

"Going to club with friends. Asked mom, she said yes." I get up and tiptoe closer to my dad to give him a kiss on the cheek. "Bye, dad!"

He smiles and shrugs before waving me off.

When I look back, I see that he shut the door and I start running to the bus stop, so that my mom doesn't come out running after me when she realizes that I somehow tricked her. Kind of.

 

 

 

***

 

 

"I am not wearing that skimpy outfit." I look at the dress with much disdain. "How can that be called clothing anyway?" I ask to Sora.

"Song Rim. Can you just, I don't know... Cooperate maybe?" She asks as she searches through her closet to find outfits for the 4 of us.

We all didn't go 'clubbing' so we all met up at Sora's place since she's the one with the most experience when it came to clubbing dress codes.

"Can I wear this?" Mi Hyun is holding up a pair of black leggings with gray lines on the knees and a loose beige printed cami.

Sora nods happily, delighted that Mi Hyun found something decent to wear. "Yeah! You can wear that with these heels." She grabs a pair of creme colored heels and hands them to Mi Hyun. I chortle a the look on Mi Hyun's face.

"Be careful not to fall Mi Hyun!" I advise her with a smirk.

"Says the one who always falls flat on her face, no matter which pair of shoes she's wearing."

Sora and Kyung Mi laugh while I grimace. So I'm a clutz. And?

"I'll just wear this dress, if that's okay." Kyung Mi looks at Sora for her to approve of the light pink dress she picked. It's a really cute dress that has a sweeheart neckline, slim towards the waist and a little bit loose at the bottom. Just enough cute and y to go to the club.

"Why can't I find something like that?" I point at both girls in despair. Why did Sora want me to wear such revealing outfits?

Sora shrugs with a pout. "Because you just sit down and let me choose for you. You should have just gone look inside my closet like the girls did."

The three look at me, expecting me to do something. I groan.

"I don't care anymore. Just Mi Hyun, choose for me, huh?" I look at my closest friend and she nods, not minding to get me an outfit.

 

 

 

"You should dress like that more." Sora nods approvingly while she looks at me up and down.

Feeling uncomfortable under their stares, I pull down the shorts out of instinct. Why were they so short? Shorts. Short. Yeah, but they could be just a bit longer, couldn't they?

Kyung Mi scolds. "Stop touching! It's so casual and cute. I don't know what you don't like about the outfit. I think it fits you well." She smiles encouragingly and I can't help but smile a bit. It did look okay.

More than okay, but I won't admit that, being the stubborn person that I am.

Looking at it more closely, the outfit was simple. Just me wearing a lacy, floral white top with light blue high-waisted shorts. For the shoes, Sora gave me black sneakers wedges, that I personally never liked or thought that it was appealing to the eye at all, but I still wore them because I was tired of arguing about clothes.

We finished doing our hair. Mi Hyun had hers straightened, so it'd make a bob. Kyung Mi tied up her light brown hair in a messy bun that really looked good on her. Sora had long strawberry blonde hair that reached her lower back, so she just tied them up, curling her bang a bit so it'd look more presentable.

While I? They curled my dark black hair so they'd look wavy in a natural way. My hair being long, but not as long as Sora, they split my hair in the middle and let my waves falls naturally on my shoulders and arms.

Casual. I like.

 

"Are we ready?" I hear Sora ask excitedly but with a tinge of exhaustion. But it's quickly shrugged off because of how happy she is.

"God, yes." I moan. It felt like we've been sitting in her room for hours. Though, technically, it had just been 2 hours. Still long enough.

 

Sora has a car, which is useful because it's much more easier than taking the bus.

"You won't drink, then?" Kyung Mi asks Sora and the latter smirks.

"No. Just one shot, but that's it. Plus, this is for you guys. I've already been there tons of times anyway."

We nod as we understand what she explained and I suddenly feel a bit jittery.

What will happen when we're going to be there? It feels odd to know that I'm going somewhere, but have no idea what I'm supposed to expect.

"We're going to stay together, right?" Mi Hyun asks, rhetorically to Sora.

"Yeah! Of course!"

 

That's not what happens later on.

 

 

 

***

 

 

"She ditched us." I say matter-of-factly.

Mi Hyun snickers. "Well what did you expect?"

"I have no idea."

Sora somehow told us to follow her, and she was holding Kyung Mi's arm. So we followed her, but she didn't tell us there'd be so many people over there. The crowd somehow separated us and here we were.

Mi Hyun turns to me. "Wanna take a shot?"

I shrug with my shoulders. "If you want."

She calls the bartender who has a cute dimple that appears when he smiles. He's wiping a clear glass as he asks us what we want.

"What can I get for you, ladies?"

Mi Hyun sends him a smile, a casual one at that. "Just 2 tequila shots. Thanks." She tilts her head cutely as she says thanks and I am surprised. Never have I thought that Mi Hyun could act cute.

When she diverts her gaze to me, she looks confused. "What?"

"Nothing." I shake my head to convince her and she smiles at me with a doubtful look.

Thinking that there'd be more girls here, I look around and see how many boys there are in here. Most look like they're around our age, and I don't know if I should feel glad or not. My eyes scan around searching for something, not sure of what, but when they don't find anything, I turn back to the bar where our shots are.

"To Song Rim." Mi Hyun grins as she raises her glass. "Who didn't write in her journal. For 2 days!" She giggles and I laugh with her.

I'm glad that she doesn't mind my weird quirks too much. Not many people would accept that, seeing that my family don't even accept it fully for the years they've been aware of it.

I see her the space between her thumb and index finger before spreads salt on it. Not knowing anything about shots, I copy her and grab the piece of lemon inside the cup.

"Cheers!" She says loudly over the booming sound of the music. I raise my glass to hers and gulp down the tequila. that tastes extremely bitter to me. My face scrunches up and I look at her again to see what to do next. She the salt, I do the same, and she grabs the lemon and puts it in . I do that too.

After a few seconds, the taste of the tequila is gone, completely, and I widen my eyes.

"That was like magic!" I feel a sudden rush of warmth spread through my stomach. It's soothing more than anything.

"I know right?" Mi Hyun winks and takes another lemon before putting it between her lips. "Should we go dance?" She asks me with a little pout. Alcohol did things to people.

Seeing her sudden aegyo, it feels odd but it's too surprisingly cute that I find myself nodding. She squeals and takes my hand in hers before she pulls me towards the dance floor.

 

Oh gosh... I see Mi Hyun start moving her body with the beat of the music, but I just can't find myself feeling the rhythm. I at it. 

I nod my head along the music, to not look too out of place. Mi Hyun is having so much fun, I don't know how I never saw this side of her. It felt foreign to me.

But I'm glad to be able to see this other personality of hers. She's always so strict and serious that seeing her so carefree gives the impression that's she's more than what people make her out to be.

When she stops, she opens her eyes to see that I'm not dancing. "Come on!" She urges and grabs my hand before twirling me around.

I let myself move along with Mi Hyun. I don't really dance, more as in, she guides me through it. I don't mind though, it's fun.

 

After a couple more minutes, Mi Hyun puts a hand on her chest to try and breathe. Then I notice how my chest is rising and falling in a fast pace.

She fans herself and whistles lightly. "I really need to pee. Wanna go?" She her head at go, but I shake my head.

"No, you can go. I'll wait here for you and see if I can find the girls." I nod with a small grin, and she nods while smiling, her eyes taking the shape of crescent moons.

"Alright! I'll be right back!" She says over the music and jogs to the bathroom. I watch her go until I can't see her shadow in the crowd anymore.

 

I stand awkwardly in the middle of the dance floor and have no idea what to do. It's weird to dance by myself...

What should I do? I sigh and look around to see if I can find Kyung Mi or Sora in the bunch of people.

I crane my neck a bit higher. Not being tall enough, I decided to tiptoe and when I suddenly see Sora's shiny blond hair, I raise my arms to wave at her.

I guess it's not a good idea to tiptoe when you're wearing wedges because what happens next, is something I should have expected.

"S-!" I curse when I realize that I'm going to trip.

 

Then, an arm encircles my waist before I'm able to fall and the person straightens me up easily. The person tightens his or her grip around my body so that my back is flush against his or her. By now, I can deduce that it's not a girl that caught me because I can feel how fitted the person is.

I shut my eyes because I can sense all the curves and muscles of the person and it's making me feel things I've never felt before.

 

"Falling over your own feet again?" The stranger whispers lowly directly next to my ear, so close that his lips graze the tip of my left ear.

A shiver runs down my spine and up before I gulp.

I know that voice.

"N-no." My voice comes out small and I curse mentally for sounding so vulnerable.

He chuckles and his laugh makes me feel all sorts of things, so much that my body is overly sensitive to his touch.

Maybe it's the alcohol because my senses are now heightened.

 

Then, out of the blue, he does something that makes me turn around quickly to face him. 

He lingers a soft, sensual, kiss at the back of my ear, making me blush furiously. Though, his hands don't move away from my waist for a second.

When I'm face to face with him, my heart jumps out of my chest.

Why did he just kiss me? So intimately at that? He spoke to me like he knew me for so long, but it's only our third encounter and I just... This is all too much for me to handle on my own.

"Jimin..." I say his name for the second time today.

"Hmm." He hums and thumbs my waist softly over the fabric of my lacy cami.

Then he leans closer again, and why I don't move is still a mystery to me. Maybe this boy has magic powers of some sorts because I have no control over my body right now. Or anytime that I'm around him that is.

"Care to dance?" The question almost comes out like a purr and I shiver with a gulp. "Song Rim?"

 

Pulling back, I my lips and whisper in flabbergast. "H-how... How do you know my name?"

He grins innocently, but I see the glint of mischief in his eyes. His eyes takes the shape of small crescent moons and he his lips. I'm pretty sure he does that to seduce me because it looked absolutely attractive. So attractive that my eyes stare at his lips all along and I have this urge to close the distance between us, but I force myself to stay put with much restrain.

 

"You see... I do my own research too."

 

 

 


word count: 4821 words.

A/N: I don't know how I was able to write this because thinking of Jimin being this darn seductive made me fangirl for a good 10 minutes. And more ;-;