baek yeol: part one

Baby, Don't Cry




----------------------------------------------------------------------------



The song just ended and the broadcast stopped. They took off their headphones and sighed after a small performance.

"You guys did great," the producer complimented. The crew and a few other working people clapped. 

EXO bowed for the last time and also clapped. Chanyeol kept looking down and was about to walk to the bathroom
but D.O stopped him and rubbed his back soothingly, "Chanyeol-yah, you are okay right?" 

Chanyeol didn't know what to say, he feels like his happiness just drained out like a balloon loosing its air. "D.O, don't worry. I am fine, just...tired I guess." 

D.O knew he was lying but didn't really want to bother him, he wanted to help but he just knew Chanyeol wouldn't tell him anything,
he stayed positive and took the reason that Chanyeol was just trying to keep everyone happy. He nodded in response,
"alright...well, if you need anything you could always talk to me okay?" he said with concern.

The other slightly gave a small smile and nodded. He liked how D.O cared for him.
D.O patted his back for thelast time before going off to do his own thing. 

Suho also was concerned but he saw how D.O tried to comfort him, only leaving a depressed-looking Chanyeol.
He was going to ask later on, when there is only just the two of them. 

Baekhyun, on the other hand...knew Chanyeol was sad before the broadcast. He couldn't approach him
because he was aware that the other would pay no attention to him. Chanyeol was mad at Baekhyun. 

Chanyeol left to the bathroom. No words said to anyone, not even the ASFY crew or producers. He didn't want to talk to anyone right now. 

D.O approached Baekhyun holding crackers. Probably from the snack table.
"Baekhyun-ah, do you know what's going on with Chanyeol? He usually isn't like this," he sincerely asked.
Stuffing one cracker into his mouth and staring at Baekhyun for an answer. 

Baekhyun stretched his lips to the side and looked down. He gave an answer about 20 seconds later, "I...he's...honestly,
I don't know why he's like this but all I know he is mad at me." 

D.O nodded, stuffing another cracker in his mouth after finishing one. They looked to Suho
who was getting his foundation done, he looked uncomfortable so he had a constipated expression. 

The two laughed at him and Suho spared a glance to them embarrassingly. 

Baekhyun sighed, "ah! I need the toilet..." he said as attempted to take a cracker away from D.O, only failing and
his pout automatically making it's way to his lips. He shook his head and smiled, ruffled D.O's hair and walked over to the bathoom. 

He started to mindlessly singing in English, trying his pronouncation. He wanted to improve. "I'd like to tell you thins (things)
I've never hear (heard) but there are no wers~ (words)" he laughed at the way he said some words and continued.
"I could talk all day long about dreams, sewing up your heart so you never see a seam~"
He successfully pronounced and smiled to his self.

He opened the door and walked in but stopped as he saw Chanyeol standing there. His hands at the sides of the
endless sinks as his shoulders popped out (metaphor), his face looking down at the sink. He looked stressed, sad and just done in particular. 

Baekhyun froze, he didn't know what to do. Instantly forgetting that he needed to use to bathroom,
Chanyeol who was incredibly mad at him was standing right there. Baekhyun gulped his saliva, he needed to apologize for something.
He didn't know what for but he needed to, he misses his best friend.

Risking his life, he spoke out. "Ch-Chanyeol...?" 

Chanyeol didn't reply, he only sniffled quietly as possible. He wiped his nose with his knuckle and let it run under the
automatic running water. He straightened his pose and waved his hand up and down to shake off the water on his hand. 

He sighed and turned around to look at Baekhyun, "what?" he asked in a shaky deep voice. His stare looked more sad than scary.
His eyes were red just like how they were in the broadcast, though it was more red now. Baekhyun looked at his every inch and instantly felt
32532984539834 times more sympathy for him. 

"I-I'm sorry..."

Chanyeol looked down and held back his tears by closing his eyes, "for what?" 

Baekhyun again, froze. He didn't know what for. Chanyeol made it harder to apologize. It already felt like 2 eternities had past
and his eyes suddenly felt heavy. He wanted to answer and tried to think thoroughly of what he did to make Chanyeol so mad. 

"Are you really apologizing for nothing? Th-that's just pointless..." Chanyeols saddened deep voice again was heard. 

"Chanyeol-ah...I don't even know what I did..."

Chanyeol now looked more angrier, he looked up to Baekhyun and slowly walked over, "how could you not know?" taking slow steps,
he continued. "Baekhyun...how dare you for not telling me how you felt about me--embarrassed?! Even if we are behind the scenes
you still don't tell me?! If you were embarrassed to be around me all those times, you could of told me instead of telling other people!"
Chanyeol now was standing in front of Baekhyun, trapping him against the wall.

Baekhyun now was scared, but he knew Chanyeol couldn't do anything to him. He was speechless, yes...he admits that he was
once embarrassed to be near Chanyeol one time. But it was only one time and it was only a small feel, he didn't know how it
got changed to 'all those times' because that was definitely not how he said it. Chanyeol wasn't easy to convince, everyone knew
but how could he believe this? Baekhyun didn't have the courage to say anything, he only teared up; hurt because Chanyeol
believed that Baekhyun didn't to be around him when the real story was that Baekhyun loved to be with Chanyeol.

"Are you not going to say anything? Is this how embarrassed you are?!" 

"No no no! Chanyeol," Baekhyun yelled. Letting out a small sob and a cough. "I...I love being with you." 

"Explain why half of the members told me the opposite of what you are saying..."

Who would do this, the members wouldn't do this...why? Now the fans will get the wrong idea. And it's all my fault for saying one thing to Kai and Chen...Kai and Chen...those- 

"Answer me!" Chanyeol hit the wall beside Baekhyun making a loud bang on the wall.

"I don't-!" Baekhyun got cut off by an unintensional cry. It naturally came out and he hid his eyes with his fists looking down.
Chanyeol felt bad but his anger literally took over his functioning. Baekhyun kept sobbing, "I don't know w-why okay?" 

Chanyeol stared down to him. 

"M-Maybe I said it once...but..." he sobbed again and sighed, "it was a small feeling. I never meant to upset you Yeol.
I love you, you're like my brother, I-I am so sorry..." he looked up to Chanyeol with tear-filled eyes. 

Chanyeol seen honesty through the look in his eyes, his guilt caved in and he stopped feeling angry now. They stared into each others
eyes giving unknown messages, it meant so much to both and the two just admired each other. Never looked away for a slight moment.
Baekhyun loved the way Chanyeol was accepting his apology just by giving him these intriging stares. 

One side of Chanyeol loved Baekhyun brother-like. But the other side was a complete different definition of love, he really did love
Baek romantically but he never admitted it. Not to anyone, not even his self. Because they are idols and they could never be together.
He knows Baehyun is straight and doesn't want to completely scare him by confessing. Chanyeol promised his self never to confess
no matter how much he thinked he loved Baekhyun.

Chanyeol felt the urge to lean in, he really wanted to. Baekhyun just stood there, his tears slowly rolling down his cheek.
They were so close to each other, faces only a few meters away from each other. They kept staring at each other...

The bathroom door opened, " too much crackers..." D.O muttered to his self.
And then stopped when he saw the two. He stared for a bit and felt weird, they didn't even know he was there yet.
He cleared his throat. 

But they didn't look, this time he did it quite louder and they turned their heads. Baekhyun widened his eyes and Chanyeol
backed away from Baekhyun looking at D.O, who just smirked. "What's going on here?" 

Chanyeol felt awkward and rubbed the back of his neck, "uh...well...we talked." Baekhyun just nodded. 

D.O kept his smirk but they all heard his stomach 'eurerong', his smirk instantly turned into a uncomfortable expression, "I gotta take a-"

"OKAY WE GOT IT," Baekhyun hid his ears and laughed. Chanyeol chuckled lowly and looked down. 

D.O slightly bowed and made his way to the farthest stall. 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol ran out at the same time before they could hear a sound coming from D.O's .
They both laughed when they tripped over air outside of the bathroom door, Baekhyun looked to Chanyeol beside him.
He was just giggling, this time he didn't look like he was about to cry and he looked quite cute. 

Chanyeol sighed and got up, he helped Baekhyun up and they walked over to the snack table. Baekhyun took a small piece of watermelon and feeded Chanyeol. Chanyeol smiled happily to Baekhyun and looked to the snacks again. But Baekhyun didn't look away, he kept his eyes on Chanyeol...

To his hair,

to his eyes,
 
to his nose, 

to his lips, 

to his jaw, 

to his shoulder, 

to his waist, 

to his , 

to his thighs, 

to his legs, 

to his foot, 

than slowly back up to his eyes. 

Chanyeol grabbed another piece of watermelon and smiled, "checking me out?"

Baekhyun choked on his saliva and looked away awkwardly.
He coughed a few times, "I...you had...I was just checking if your shoes matched your eyes..."

"Right...than next thing you know, you'd be kissing me by now," Chanyeol said sarcastically.

Baekhyun nervously laughed, and gulped his saliva again.

 

 


Yeah Chanyeol...I want to kiss you...