Fifth

Wait For Me

“Hey Luna,you got dirt on your trousers”

“Ohh, thanks Jinki. Joon will never tell me if there’s dirt. He will only laugh at me” Stupid boyfriend. She mumbled and Jinki chuckled on his new friend’s rant. Yes. Joon and Luna were a couple and they have been together for almost a year.

 

While Jinki was dusting the dirt off his pants, he accidentally saw something- someone, to be precise. Someone who he has been dreaming all day, all night. Someone who he wanted to hug and tease all day long. Taeminnie. She was there; in front of his eyes. Jinki has been doing pretty well in his new school, thanks to a certain girl- Taeminnie. The girl was his inspiration, his encouragement to stay strong and fight all those bad thoughts in his head.

 

He really thought he would not met Taeminnie since he was obviously not going to event. It was mandatory for Jinki to go to the camp or else his mid-term exam marks well be deducted. Pfft, nice move, teachers.

 

“Taeminnie!”, he shouted as he let his leg walked to girl.

“Hye…Jinki” , said Taeminnie avoiding Jinki’s eyes.

Weird. Is she sick? She’s probably tired since it’s a long destination to arrive here. Jinki just shrugged it off.

“I did not know you are going to this camp. You should have tell me”, said Jinki chirping like a bird happily as he was fated to meet his best friend.

“I just been told to participate this yesterday. I really thought on going to the event with the other three, to be frank. I didn’t expect you to be here either…..Jinki”, she said whill still avoiding Jinki’s gaze.

 

Why is she acting like this? Jinki noticed that Taeminnie was somewhat trying to not to have a long conversation with him. Everything is alright, right?

“Hey Jinki. Who is this?”, asked Luna as she walked to Jinki’s side.

“Luna, this is Taeminnie. Taeminnie, this is Luna”

Being a polite girl she was, Taeminnie held out her hand to shake hands with the beautiful red-headed girl. “I’m Taeminnie”, said Taeminnie with a trembling voice. Alright, there must be something wrong. Jinki could see in her face that she was not comfortable but he couldn’t tell because of what.

 

Before Jinki could even asked her why, the petite girl he has been missing for excused herself to the registration counter. Is she avoiding me?

 

Why am I being like this? Oh dear, am I……perhaps, jealous? No no no there’s no ‘jealous’ in my dictionary. Your heart is just playing a game. Taeminnie just shrugged off the ‘not jealous’ feeling.

 

After the registration was done, the participants were divided into 10 groups, consisted of 5 girls and 5 boys. And yet again, fate was on the best friend side. Jinki and Taeminnie were picked to be in the same team. Jinki looked at the younger. She still has the necklace around her neck. That made Jinki somehow blushed. Wow, you really man up, Jinki. To be honest, he did not knew that he could be that brave. He knew he has a soft spot for the girl, but he kept denying saying that they were only friends.

 

The activities during the first day of the camp were decent- ice breaking and other. Later the night, they were having ‘night owl’. A boy and a girl from the same team need to pair up together. So Jinki made the first move. “Taeminnie, will you be my other half?”, Jinki said and Taeminnie could see a big smirk plastered on that handsome face of him. “Ohh, stop being cheesy, Jinki. Alright, I’ll pair up with you”, the girl rolled her eyes and smacked Jinki’s left arm.

 

“Ouchhhhh, the three were not lying. It does hurt”, teased Jinki.

“Shut up. I’ll give you more if you want”, she rolled her eyes but the boy knew she was only playing around.

 

The owl night started. The rule of the activity was, well, there’s actually none. They only need to walk in pairs to the forest behind the campsite, follow the path the camp instructors have made and gather around again before going to respective boys and girls dorms.

 

Jinki and Taeminnie walked slowly, both of them did not want to get lost in the forest, let alone it was night. Jinki saw Taeminnie shivered. “Here, wear this”, he then helped the girl with the sweater. “Aren’t you gonna get cold? It’s freezing out here.” Jinki just smiled. “I’ll be fine.”

 

As both of them walked for nearly a good 20 minutes, Jinki sneaked his hand into Taeminnie’s. Jinki could not see it, but he knew Taeminnie was blushing. “I missed you”, said Jinki softly while still looking to the path that will lead them them back to the campsite.

 

“Me too, Jinki”, replied Taeminnie that made the older tightened the grip of their hands more. They keep on walking and walking. No sound can be heard except the breeze wind of the cold night and the nature probably sleeping. None of them were brave to start a conversation. Well, they don’t need one. They just need to know that they were next to each other, and everything will be alright. Everything will be perfect.

 

Their hands were still linked. Taeminnie took a quick glance of it and wondered why in the world did their intertwined hands looks so perfectly fit to each other. She let a gentle squeeze. “Yes, Minnie?”, asked the boy.

 

“Nothing” she shook her head. Okay that was embarrassing. “Are we there yet?”

“Almost.”

“Alright”

 

And a few minutes later, they arrived at the campsite. Taeminnie kept rubbing her eyes since the moment she asked Jinki if they were there yet. She was so sleepy and the older boy noticed that. The two best friend were one of the earliest pairs that have arrived to the campsite. Jinki went to one of the camp instructor and excused themselves since they younger was really sleepy and it was already past midnight. He then led the girl to her dorm while their hands still intertwined.

 

Taeminnie’s dorm were lit with light and that made Jinki felt relief a little. At least, there were already some girls inside or else she need to wait for the other girls herself.

 

“Minnie, we’re here. Go to sleep. It’s late”

“Alright. Goodnight, oppa”, he waited until the girl went into her dorm before setting his foot going to the boy’s dorm.

‘Goodnight, my love’, mumbled Jinki softy and let the wind flew his word to the world.

 

((THE NEXT DAY))

 

“Morning Jinki!”, chirped Luna brightly.

“Well, morning. You seems happy. Get to talk with Joon huh last night?”

“Well hehe. Now, let’s go eat! I’m starving!”

“Alright”.

 

The boy was searching for his petite best friend the whole morning. Where is she?

 

Jinki and Luna went to the dining hall together and there, he saw Taeminnie sitting alone playing with her food.

 

“Minnie, did you just came?”

Minnie looked up fixing her faze with the older. She then shook her head. No, she was there very early in the morning since she knew Jinki was an early bird type of person. She guessed he would have been there, but she couldn’t be anymore wrong.

 

Jinki was about to say to the girl that he has been waiting her since morning but he was cut with a energetic voice, “Hey Taeminnie!”, chirp Luna beside him.

 

“Oh..hye. I’m not eating. I don’t feel well”

 

She’s acting again. Is she really sick? Suddenly Luna dragged the boy to the stall to pick up their food even before Jinki has the chance to ask her best friend well-being.

 

Taeminnie, you are not supposed to be jealous. She kept saying that again and again in that little small head of hers.

 

The first activity on that day was swimming for the bays and canoeing for the girls. Taeminnie looked at Jinki. He was spacing out.

 

“Jinki”, Taeminnie shook Jinki slightly.

“Yes?”

“You are spacing out. I knew you for years, Jinki. Are you sick? Are you not feeling well?”

Taeminnie raised her hand to feel JInki’s forehead and yepp, it was slightly burning.

 

“Nothing. I’m just tired I guess. Really, it’s nothing”

“Well, don’t push yourself to hard or you’ll get sick for real”

“Aww is Minnie worry about me? Huhh, baby?”

Jinki cooed softly but loud enough for Taeminnie to be blushing with red just by listening to it. “Ohh shut up, Jinki”

 

By the time they already did half of the activities for the day, Jinki felt dizzier than the morning. Im sure I’ll be fine an hour or so. Hopefully.

 

Taeminnie took a quik glance at Jinki and saw that face. That face Jinki always had when he was sick. I told you. She went to Jinki and hit his arm slightly.

 

“I told you not to push yourself, didn’t I?”

“Baby, that hurts”

Taeminnie just chuckled on the older one behavior.

“But Jinki, you’re burning up. You have a fever. You should rest”, said the girl softly and Jinki could hear the sincere and caring voice of her. This was one of the reasons he felt in love with the girl. Yes,he said it. He’s in love with the girl.

“No, I don’t want to”

“Just wait here. I’ll take some medicine”

Jinki was about to stand up and stop Taeminnie from going but suddenly everything went black.

 

A FEW HOURS LATER:

 

Jinki woke up with a sore back and a dizzy head. The tile, the curtain, the bed the walls- everything were white. Where am I? Then he came across a bold letter written in red ‘INFIRMARY’. Oh yeah, I passed out didn’t I?

 

He was about to sit when he felt a hand holding his. It was Taeminnie. He took a glance at the girl and he noticed that the girl still wore the necklace he gave. He remembered the day he man up and that made him blushed a little. Jonghyun must be so proud of me.

 

He then gave a soft peck on top of Taeminnie’s head avoiding from waking her up. He moved her jet black bangs away from the girl face. How lucky am I to have her. Suddenly, Taeminnie stirred for a while and the Jinki’s hand that was playing softly with her black locks made her awake.

 

“You’re awake? Do you feel better now?”

“I think I am”, replied Jinki with a soft smile.

“No, I’m not believing you”, the girl felt Jinki’s forehead and “You’re still burning, Jinki”

“I don’t want to stay here. Can we go join the activity?”

“I can but you can’t”

“But they will just sitting around the campfire. It is campfire night, baby. I want to”

“Fine, come on. Let’s get you up”

“You need to lose some weight, Jinki. You’re getting heavier. I can’t even lift you”

“I’m sorry but the last time I know, I’m in an ideal height and weight. Moreover, it’s my job to carry you, Minnie”

Taeminnie blushed at the words. “Ohh shut up, Jinki”

 

They went to sit around the campfire. It was eight at night and the wind breezes made Jinki shivered more. He scoot up closer to the girl. You’re so warm, mumbled Jinki coherently. He quickly wrap his hands around Taeminnie and snuggled more for heat radiance.

 

“Jinki?”

Taeminnie sighed. “You have a fever. Come on. Let’s get back to the infirmary. The instructor gave you the permission to so. He said that you needed some rest. Now, Jinki”
“Fine, fine”
Jinki tugged Taeminnie’s hand and led her to the infirmary. There was no one in the infirmary but the lights were still on.

 

The girl helped Jinki to one of the beds there. He laid a few blankets on top of him to keep him warm. Jinki had already closed his ees. She moved Jinki bangs from his head and gave a soft peck. ‘Get healthy soon’, she whispered barely for both of them to hear. Before Taeminnie could even walked further, he felt a hand tugging her wrist. 

 

“Please, stay. Please, Minnie”, begged Jinki.

“But…”
“Please”

“Alright”, the girl keep playing with Jinki’s hair letting him know that she was still there.

 

“Lay down”, he ordered Taeminnine and with a hesitant she laid down quietly beside him.

“That’s too far”, Jinki said while grabbing a gold hold of the girl’s waist and pulled her closer.

 

Taeminnie blushed. They were so close. It was not like they never hugged before, well they did. This was just something more. Not just a friendly hug.

 

Jink’s nose was near to the girl’s hair since the girl was obviously petite than him. “You smell nice, Minnie”

The girl was to shock to even say anything. She just squirmed more into Jinki’s broad chest to hide her blushing face.

 

It’s actually felt nice. It’s nice to be in Jinki’s arms. To feel some protectiveness from the man she trusted the most. Luna. This is wrong. What would Luna said when she knew about this?

 

“What is it, baby? I can’t hear it clearly?”, said Jinki while eyes still closed.

“Luna”

“What about her?”

“She’ll be mad”

“Mad? Why? She’s just my friend”

“Friend?”
“Yeah, friend. She sits in front of me. She already has a boyfriend”

“Ohh…ok”

“Wait, baby are you jealous. You’re so cute. You’re jealous aren’t you?”
“No I’m not. I was just saying”
“Awww baby…”, cooed Jinki softly.

“Fine. I did”, she confessed while hiding her face in Jinki’s embrace.

“Baby, it’s ok. It felt nice to know you’re jealous. But no worries, she’s just a friend. Nothing more”

 

Then she lifted Taeminnie’s head a little by her chin, their eyes locked. Jinki looked at the hazel brown eyes he has been admired for a very long time, and softly smiled to the girl. He moved her bangs and pecked her forehead gently. “Im your’s baby. Forever will be”

 

Taeminnie hold Jinki’s wrists with both of her hand and tugged further into the older one’s embrace. “Wait for me, ok?”. The girl then nod silently.

 

“Key, Jjong, Minho and the others are having fun at the event…but we’re having our moments too, right?”, Jinki chuckled. “Aren’t that sweet?”, cooed him more.

“Ohh shut up, Jinki”, mumbled Taeminnie with a smile plastered on her face.

 

“Goodnight, love”, he kissed her forehead.

“Goodnight, oppa”, she kissed Jinki’s check and sent sweet smile before she laid both of her hands into Jinki’s chest. The guy pulled her closer so that he could feel the other’s warm. It’s nice. It’s a warm feeling. Everything will turn out nice and beautiful when you’re with the one you love, especially your best friend. 

 

A/N: Oh my oh my I'm so sorry for not updating almost a month. I'm so sorry. My recent-ended-midterm exams were having a toll on me and man, talk about school assignments. I'm so sorry. Well, here's the newest chapter. I hope it wont turn out bad. It'll be another 3 or 4 chapters and we're done. I have all it plotted down but tell me, do u want some angst? Or fluff all the way? 

 

Enough rant. Again, I am so sorry and enjoy the quck update! xx